Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers

+19
BleacherSwill
Floyd Robertson
StylesGShmooth
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
Herbie Green
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
DWags
Motown Spartan
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Turtleneck
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers - Page 2 Empty Re: Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-06, 11:15

LooseGoose wrote:Being a naturalist means you're not required to own any shorts, including cargo shorts.

Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers - Page 2 PX10077991_BUYING__3097780b

Is that Rich Rod and his wife?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers - Page 2 Empty Re: Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-06, 11:23

tGreenWay wrote:Went in for some cargo shorts at The Gap last week. Salesman said they were sold out in all but the tiniest sizes. That means real men where cargo shorts. Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers - Page 2 2275418548

While out of fashion. Can't say there is never a use. Moreover, these articles read like the anti short crowd, cause no way in fuck is short shorts the answer.

....and I'll keep my camos until you pry them from my cold dead legs
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-06, 11:25

Turtleneck wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:I wear cargo shorts when doing man things like changing the lifters on 351 Windsor in my '69 Mustang or re-roofing the garage.

They make actual pants for those kinds of activities. Do you wear flip flops, too?

Got flips on right now.

Now go ahead and name me another article of clothing that comes with a bottle opener. Try
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-06, 11:27

DWags wrote:Fuck, I wear Cargo shorts, sandals and t-shirts in the summer. Judge me, fuck you.

You seem like the wife beater type instead....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-06, 11:29

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

This. Turtleneck sounds like he's one of those European types. NTTAWWT.

No. I am an American so I do not wear shorts. Shorts are for people from weak countries.

You are not an American. Euro wannabe perhaps
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 11:38

Camo and flip flops. Official attire of creepy people from Bud
Light Town USA.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-06, 11:40

hmmm, The cargo shorts actually look better to me next to the chinos
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-06, 11:40

I'm going to be honest with you... the things other men wear is pretty low down on my list of things to care about. Right behind "I wonder if they are having a sale on tampons at Walgreens today"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 11:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm going to be honest with you... the things other men wear is pretty low down on my list of things to care about. Right behind "I wonder if they are having a sale on tampons at Walgreens today"

Why don't you go play a round of golf, Travis.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-06, 11:52

Tanfan! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

They make actual pants for those kinds of activities. Do you wear flip flops, too?

I do wear flip flops with my chinos. But I only wear crocs brand because they are so damn comfortable.
A far bigger threat than cargo shorts to the American male - Crocs
Have some self respect and get some Reefs, that way you'll always be ready to crack open a bottle of beer, unless you are to far gone and only drink pina coladas.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 11:58

Agree about the Crocs. Tanfan sounds like he is from Ann Arbor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-06, 12:04

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm going to be honest with you... the things other men wear is pretty low down on my list of things to care about. Right behind "I wonder if they are having a sale on tampons at Walgreens today"

Why don't you go play a round of golf, Travis.

I can't right now turtleneck but maybe I will later. Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers - Page 2 1f60d
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-06, 12:10

Men wear pants unless they're swimming... or naked for whatever reason. It's easy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-06, 12:13

Rocinante wrote:Men wear pants unless they're swimming... or naked for whatever reason. It's easy.
What about if they're raving? A friend wants to know.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-06, 12:17

Turtleneck wrote:Agree about the Crocs. Tanfan sounds like he is from Ann Arbor.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2016-08-06, 12:30

It's a proven fact that wearing jorts increases your likelihood of voting for Donald Trump.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-06, 12:34

I won't stand for this attack of my wardrobe.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-06, 12:38

Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers - Page 2 10262054_797433970269020_5963919258157564089_n
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 12:43

Motown Spartan wrote:It's a proven fact that wearing jorts increases your likelihood of voting for Donald Trump.

This
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-06, 13:20

Who the fuck wears cargo anything
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-08-06, 13:32

Why the hell would you ever wear pants if the weather doesn't dictate that you have too. That's some commie shit right there. Do you always wear long sleeve shirts too?

Cargo shorts and jean shorts over here, btw. No, Cargo Jean Shorts (or is it Jean Cargo Shorts) though, that's shit's fucked up right there.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 14:28

StylesGShmooth wrote:Why the hell would you ever wear pants if the weather doesn't dictate that you have too. That's some commie shit right there. Do you always wear long sleeve shirts too?

Cargo shorts and jean shorts over here, btw. No, Cargo Jean Shorts (or is it Jean Cargo Shorts) though, that's shit's fucked up right there.

The cargo shorts crowd likes to point to the cargo jorts crowd and say cargo jorts are over the line and off limits. Well, you are already over the line and off limits with your cargo shorts. You are one with the cargo jorts crowd. You need to own it rather than create some imaginary cutoff point between cargo shorts and cargo jorts.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-06, 14:36

Turtleneck wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Why the hell would you ever wear pants if the weather doesn't dictate that you have too. That's some commie shit right there. Do you always wear long sleeve shirts too?

The cargo shorts crowd likes to point to the cargo jorts crowd and say cargo jorts are over the line and off limits. Well, you are already over the line and off limits with your cargo shorts. You are one with the cargo jorts crowd. You need to own it rather than create some imaginary cutoff point between cargo shorts and cargo jorts.

Spot on!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-08-06, 15:02

Turtleneck wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Why the hell would you ever wear pants if the weather doesn't dictate that you have too.  That's some commie shit right there.  Do you always wear long sleeve shirts too?

Cargo shorts and jean shorts over here, btw.  No, Cargo Jean Shorts (or is it Jean Cargo Shorts) though, that's shit's fucked up right there.

I like beer and I like pie but I'm not about beer flavored pie.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-06, 15:05

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I like beer and I like pie but I'm not about beer flavored pie.

Hmmm, have you talked to goose?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-08-06, 15:11

Well I've had a bourbon chocolate pecan pie, which was delicious. Gonna say no to the IPA pie though.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-06, 15:19

Because I'm a goddam man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 15:41

Rocinante wrote:

Yeah, but don't you wear a cape?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-06, 16:02

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Yeah, but don't you wear a cape?

Only for you, cutie.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 16:39

Don't make this thread about us, Roc.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 16:44

A risky move: defender of the cargo shorts speaks out.

Now let me stop you right there, because while Bond would never wear cargo shorts, men also want to be Batman, and cargo shorts are basically another way to have as many pockets as Batman’s utility belt. SO THERE.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/04/a-very-important-post-about-cargo-shorts/

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-06, 17:13

Turtleneck wrote:Camo and flip flops. Official attire of creepy people from Bud
Light Town USA.

I wish
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-06, 17:14

Rocinante wrote:Men wear pants unless they're swimming... or naked for whatever reason. It's easy.

Nope
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-06, 17:17

I'll be honest, this thread makes me want to seek out a pair of cargo jolts. Acid washed preferable
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-06, 17:43

Blanch32 wrote:I'll be honest, this thread makes me want to seek out a pair of cargo jolts. Acid washed preferable

Your fatty will love pulling them off you, it'll remind her of her Uncle Horace.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2016-08-06, 18:00

People who wear camouflage in their engagement pics are at the highest risk of voting for Trump.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-06, 18:03

Motown Spartan wrote:People who wear camouflage in their engagement pics are at the highest risk of voting for Trump.

Sort of like leg irons and Hills? ;-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 22:10

Which one of you is this?
Cargo shorts war erupts on the pages of American newspapers - Page 2 ACF8A7
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-06, 22:13

Turtleneck wrote:Which one of you is this?

Damn, my legs looked pretty good in 1993. I haven't seen that pic in a long time.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-06, 22:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Which one of you is this?

Damn, my legs looked pretty good in 1993. I haven't seen that pic in a long time.

I heard you were pretty hot in the 90s.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next