Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for the trolls: honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another

+15
Vlad
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
duffy munn
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
tanfan!
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Herbie Green
Blanch32
kingstonlake
Clarett's Folly
DWags
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for the trolls: honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-11-06, 21:23

Trav, time to move this to the Blanch bin. I can't even follow what's going on, although I admittedly haven't tried.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for the trolls: honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:23

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:I'm waiting for a new bet Nigel. Same terms.

I think you're twisting Silvers terms Vlad.

No, I think a chickenshit and his daddy are. Silver didn't offer terms, Nigel did.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-06, 21:25

Vlad proving to be the idiot we all know him to be.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-06, 21:28

I think Vlad is screwing this up as there was definitely a number directly related to the bet that Nigel was on the wrong side of. But I was sick of the topic a year ago anyway
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:32

Death Roe wrote:Vlad proving to be the idiot we all know him to be.

Wow, I didn't give it two thoughts till now. He thought silver would keep MSU at 13% chance if they beat osu too!! My god. Everyone was saying @undefeated" msu which implies beating top five osu and Iowa on the road. If he thought silver would keep that at 13% he's beyond naive.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:34

Herbie Green wrote:I think Vlad is screwing this up as there was definitely a number directly related to the bet that Nigel was on the wrong side of. But I was sick of the topic a year ago anyway

I look forward to Nigel being on the wrong side again. His terms, the same terms/odds as last year.

I'm waiting Nigel.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:37

DWags wrote:

Wow, I didn't give it two thoughts till now. He thought silver would keep MSU at 13% chance if they beat osu too!! My god. Everyone was saying @undefeated" msu which implies beating top five osu and Iowa on the road. If he thought silver would keep that at 13% he's beyond naive.

I think you're trying way way too hard Dwags, to the point that you are embarrassing yourself.. The 13% was a moving number (as all odds are). It was a snapshot in time.

You are arguing against yourself. Now stop being a pussy and tell your fanboy to offer me another bet with the same terms.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-11-06, 21:39; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:38

Vlad wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I think Vlad is screwing this up as there was definitely a number directly related to the bet that Nigel was on the wrong side of. But I was sick of the topic a year ago anyway

I look forward to Nigel being on the wrong side again. His terms, the same terms/odds as last year.

I'm waiting Nigel.

My god. Did you really believe Silver would keep msu at 13% chance of selection after victories over Iowa and osu? ?? Because we were saying an undefeated msu.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 21:41

DWags wrote:

Vlad can't even get that number right (13%).

Here is the link to 538's first model last year (based on the first CFP poll). Keep in mind it is not like this year's prediction model (which includes %'s based on if teams win out).

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-model-thinks-ohio-state-not-clemson-is-the-college-football-championship-favorite/

We were 8-0 before the Nebraska game and 538 gave us a 22% (not 13%) chance of making the playoff. OSU at that time was 61%. Iowa was 7%. All 3 teams were undefeated. The predictive model DID NOT have percentages for each team winning out (and making the playoff). Interestingly enough, we still had a 10% chance of making it the next week after losing to Nebraska.

Again these percentages were not based on each team winning out.

Any idiot that made a bet using those percentages and not taking into account a team winning out, made a sucker bet and is a moron.

Ipso facto...Vlad is a moron.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:41

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

I think you're trying way way too hard Dwags, to the point that you are embarrassing yourself.. The 13% was a moving number (as all odds are). It was a snapshot in time.

You are arguing against yourself. Now stop being a pussy and tell your fanboy to offer me another bet with the same terms.

What do you think he'd have said the percentage of msu making the playoffs at 13-0 not at 8-0 with OSU left to play? Because the bet was an undefeated msu team not an 8-0 msu team who only had a -3% chance of running the table with osu still there. You were betting undefeated.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:42

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I'm waiting Nigel.

My god. Did you really believe Silver would keep msu at 13% chance of selection after victories over Iowa and osu? ?? Because we were saying an undefeated msu.

The terms of the bet were clear. Let's do it again. Seems like your fan boy is hesitating. Please encourage him to put up a fresh $10,000 against my $100.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 21:43

Vlad wrote:I'm waiting Nigel.

I just exposed you for being a moron. Your wait is over.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:44

Vlad!!! Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 21:45

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

The terms of the bet were clear. Let's do it again. Seems like your fan boy is hesitating. Please encourage him to put up a fresh $10,000 against my $100.

Yes, the terms of the bet last year were clear. Too bad you misinterpreted 538's model and now look like an (even bigger) idiot.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:45

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:I'm waiting Nigel.

Excellent, so you're ready to jump in again?? You offered.
Remember, I'm an educated Asian. I want you to go into this with your eyes wide open.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-11-06, 21:46; edited 2 times in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 21:45

DWags wrote: Vlad!!! Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 502811600

Facts and the internet.

Gotta love 'em.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-06, 21:46

Vlad owned himself. Even Herbie can't help him Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:46

He reminds me of that blond lady defending Trump all the time. Facts? Fuck them. Pivot

Last edited by DWags on 2016-11-06, 21:50; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:48

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Yes, the terms of the bet last year were clear. Too bad you misinterpreted 538's model and now look like an (even bigger) idiot.

If I misunderstood any part of the bet you should be happy to jump in again. Don't be a pussy Nigel, let's do this.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-11-06, 21:50; edited 2 times in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 21:48

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Let's see...I'm sure I could find another bet based on the same %'s that you followed last year...

Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 502811600

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:49

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Let's see...I'm sure I could find another bet based on the same %'s that you followed last year...

Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 502811600

Excellent, I'm waiting.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 21:49

Death Roe wrote:Vlad owned himself. Even Herbie can't help him Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 502811600

He couldn't let it go. WBH was right. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

Sadly for him that's not true. But it's good for us if we want to bet him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:49

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

If I misunderstood any part of the bet you should happy to jump in again. Don't be a pussy Nigel, let's do this.

So, the terms are an undefeated big ten team doesn't make the playoffs?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:51

DWags wrote:He reminds me of that blond lady defending Trump all the time. Fact? Fuck them. Pivot

Except that I'm with Hillary. You're trying too hard.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:52

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

If I misunderstood any part of the bet you should happy to jump in again. Don't be a pussy Nigel, let's do this.

What an idiot. No, the terms are a condition where I have a 12–15% chance of winning at the time we lock in the bet , and Nigel is going to put up $10,000 to my $100.

Pretty much the same as I said at the top. Your pussy fanboy isn't gonna take the bet. we both know it, because he's a pussy.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-11-06, 21:54; edited 2 times in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:53

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:He reminds me of that blond lady defending Trump all the time. Fact? Fuck them. Pivot

She's not on tv ignoring facts for hilliary. I had no other comparison of dumb asses ignoring facts. Maybe that Iraq guy saying all is well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 21:56

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

She's not on tv ignoring facts for hilliary. I had no other comparison of dumb asses ignoring facts. Maybe that Iraq guy saying all is well.

If that one works better for you, go for it. I am waiting for your pussy fanboy to offer me another bet under the same terms and conditions as last year.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:58

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

What an idiot. No, the terms are a condition where I have a 12–15% chance of winning and Nigel is going to put up $10,000 to my $100.

Those weren't the terms. You have to find out what the percentage of an undefeated msu making the playoffs were because that was the bet. Now I don't know that percentage but it was 100% chance we made it with one loss.

Silver wasn't saying it's a 12-15% chance of an undefeated msu team making it. He was saying we only had that percentage of making it with us still having to play at osu. So you'll have to find out what the odds of an undefeated big ten team making the playoffs are and give him those odds.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 21:59

Nigel When you find out those odds take the bet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 22:00

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Let's see...last year MSU was 22% to make the playoffs and VlaDECADES made a bet that MSU wouldn't make the playoff at 100/1.

This year UM is 55% to make the playoff. I think UM makes it if they go undefeated. I wonder if VlaDECADES wants to make a bet on that. I might that would be incredibly moronic, but...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 22:01

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

What an idiot. No, the terms are a condition where I have a 12–15% chance of winning and Nigel is going to put up $10,000 to my $100.

Those weren't the terms. You have to find out what the percentage of an undefeated msu making the playoffs were because that was the bet. Now I don't know that percentage but it was 100% chance we made it with one loss.

Silver wasn't saying it's a 12-15% chance of an undefeated msu team making it. He was saying we only had that percentage of making it with us still having to play at osu. So you'll have to find out what the odds of an undefeated big ten team making the playoffs are and give him those odds.

You're a mod. Find that thread and repost it. Nate's odds weren't part of the bet, they were being used to assess the risk associated with the bet. (The bet was on regardless of what Nate's numbers were moving further into the season.)

You are covering for your pussy fanboy. Post the original thread.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-11-06, 22:03; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 22:03

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

You're a mod. Find that thread and repost it. Nate's odds weren't part of the bet, they were being used to assess the risk associated with the bet.

Odds were an undefeated msu team. You were using the wrong odd. Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 22:04

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You're a mod. Find that thread and repost it. Nate's odds weren't part of the bet, they were being used to assess the risk associated with the bet.

Odds were an undefeated msu team. You were using the wrong odd. Question for the trolls:  honest answers. Tanner -Vlad -Herb -Blanch ** And Breaking I got another  - Page 4 502811600

What do the odds have to do with the terms of the bet?? The odds are for each party to assess. The terms are the terms.

Find the thread and repost it. Don't be a coward like your pussy fanboy.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-11-06, 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 22:04

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

She's not on tv ignoring facts for hilliary.  I had no other comparison of dumb asses ignoring facts. Maybe that Iraq guy saying all is well.

If that one works better for you, go for it. I am waiting for your pussy fanboy to offer me another bet under the same terms and conditions as last year.

The terms of the bet were an undefeated MSU making the playoff.  100/1.

However you justified making the bet in your head (and whatever methodology you used to make the bet) were NOT terms of the bet.

As such, I say that UM will make the playoff this year if they go undefeated.  I offer you the same odds.  Let me know.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 22:07

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

However you justified making the bet in your head (and whatever methodology you used to make the bet) were NOT terms of the bet.

As such, I say that UM will make the playoff this year if they go undefeated.  I offer you the same odds.  Let me know.

What a fucking coward. I should have known.

I'm very disappointed in you Nigel.

Repost the thread.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 22:10

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

What do the odds have to do with the terms of the bet?? The odds are for each party to assess. The terms are the terms.

WTF are you talking about. It was 100/1. Not 1000/1 like you said. Are you a moron?

$100 vs. $10,000. That's 100/1. There's no assessment of the odds. The odds were 100/1. Your moronic take on what the odds actually were (to make you think it was a good bet) was incredibly, moronically flawed. You're an idiot.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-06, 22:11

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What a fucking coward. I should have known.

I'm very disappointed in you Nigel.

Repost the thread.

Repost what thread? Why the fuck would I need to post anything? To show (again) how much of an idiot you are? Trust me. We've covered that extensively here.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-06, 22:12

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

WTF are you talking about. It was 100/1. Not 1000/1 like you said. Are you a moron?

$100 vs. $10,000. That's 100/1. There's no assessment of the odds. The odds were 100/1. Your moronic take on what the odds actually were (to make you think it was a good bet) was incredibly, moronically flawed. You're an idiot.

I eat children like you for lunch. Now be a good little Nigel and find me a good bet!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-06, 22:19

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next