Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:53 pm

Are you sure they don’t film in front of a live studio audience DR?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Am i going to hate the first lord of the rings?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:53 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am i going to hate the first lord of the rings?

You have hater tendencies, so probably.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:46 am

Read the books and then see the films.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:37 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Read the books and then see the films.

I still have most game of thrones to go still, if i get to it at some point in my life.. sure. With that being said, the movies right now won’t ruin it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Cameron wrote:

You have hater tendencies, so probably.

With bad things, sure.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:48 pm

Yes
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:02 pm

Nordic wrote:

Yes

It’s not bad it’s actually pretty funny Nordic.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Started watching Krypton on SyFy. Been a while since I've actually watched a show on TV and had to wait a week for another episode
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:55 pm

More Altered Carbon! Wooo! I found a clip of one of the more badass scenes.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Amazon Prime.  Michigan football, episode 4.  Do it now.

Best part of it is that those guys are obsessed with stars, it only gets a 3 and 1/2 stars.  hahahahahahahaahahahaahahah
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 pm

DWags wrote:Amazon Prime.  Michigan football, episode 4.  Do it now.

Best part of it is that those guys are obsessed with stars, it only gets a 3 and 1/2 stars.  hahahahahahahaahahahaahahah
Here I was ready to cancel my prime membership over that bullshit show.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:46 pm

InTenSity wrote:
DWags wrote:Amazon Prime.  Michigan football, episode 4.  Do it now.

Here I was ready to cancel my prime membership over that bullshit show.

While I love the episode, I need to say something about Rashaun Gary.   I predict that kid is going to play like a man possessed against MSU next year.  I've not seen that kind of emotional distress and hatred.   Wow.  Get ready.

Harbaugh leaves the team Saturday night, then they show him Monday in the lockerroom.  Same god damn clothes.  I bet he selpt in them
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:27 am

I am not watching or giving a click to a Michigan football documentary even if it does show us de-pantsing them. Nope, no way.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am not watching or giving a click to a Michigan football documentary even if it does show us de-pantsing them. Nope, no way.

It's a shame WBH.  I'm past the Penn State game.  They show Larry Newsome and O'Korn visiting a kid born with birth defects.  They show Newsome gruesome injury against Wisconsing the year before.  It's really compelling drama.   Great kids, Newsome is awesome.  Breaks down and cries about his injury.  Dind't realie he could have lost his bottom leg the season before.  Way better than that shit they showed on BTN.  I"d give it a watch
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 am

It might be good TV but NFW am I watching it. You are contributing to the hype train by doing so. You might think that they hype plays to our advantage but I fundamentally disagree with it and won't play into it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:14 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It might be good TV but NFW am I watching it. You are contributing to the hype train by doing so. You might think that they hype plays to our advantage but I fundamentally disagree with it and won't play into it.

fair enough.  But there are soe nice stories of human interest other than thos e cocksucking fans and a media that swollows his dick.  Get past that shit and forget they're Michigan and you'll be good with it.  It's human interest.  Fuck the school.  Kids are o.k.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:15 am

BTW, there are some real dicks on the team, worthy of showing our squad the series.  they'll love to shove it up some of their asses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:27 am

As I said during the hoops tourney and FF, I have nothing against the coaches or the kids to be honest. 95% of my problem is with their fans, and the non alumni ones to be specific, and they're the exact ones who eat this shit up. We have a series on Amazon, no one gives a shit about you Sparty.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:03 pm

fuck scum
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:50 pm

What the fuck is wrong with you Wags?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:50 pm

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It might be good TV but NFW am I watching it. You are contributing to the hype train by doing so. You might think that they hype plays to our advantage but I fundamentally disagree with it and won't play into it.

fair enough.  But there are soe nice stories of human interest other than thos e cocksucking fans and a media that swollows his dick.  Get past that shit and forget they're Michigan and you'll be good with it.  It's human interest.  Fuck the school.  Kids are o.k.

There were probably some nice kids in nazi germany but those motherfuckers still bombed Pearl Harbor
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:28 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
DWags wrote:

There were probably some nice kids in nazi germany but those motherfuckers still bombed Pearl Harbor

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 17 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:More Altered Carbon! Wooo! I found a clip of one of the more badass scenes.

Best episode of the season.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:23 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
DWags wrote:

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 17 992749028 POY tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 17 1837765953
tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 17 502811600

Then again, I'm drunk
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Yes. I endorse.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:42 pm

Anyone watch paterno on hbo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:22 am

Just finished the Outlaw Josey Wales. Wow. Might be more overrated than a September team with wings on their helmets. This was a drawn out Seagal movie with less character development and a worse plot. Come at me old guys.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:42 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just finished the Outlaw Josey Wales. Wow. Might be more overrated than a September team with wings on their helmets. This was a drawn out Seagal movie with less character development and a worse plot. Come at me old guys.

You are dead to me. And to think I was on your side during that whole scum documentary dust-up. Now I have to re-examine everything.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:48 am

Finally watched the finale of The Alienist. That was an enjoyable short-run series.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:55 am

tGreenWay wrote:Finally watched the finale of The Alienist. That was an enjoyable short-run series.

I started watching it a couple of weeks ago. I realized that after about the third episode I was no longer paying attention and it was just background noise. Not sure why, I usually love that kind of thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Homeland is still awesome. Maybe not as good as the first three seasons, but still great shit. They have a way of kind of moving along, setting up things without feeling like too much is going on, then the pace just picks up like crazy.

The Americans is still great, too. It's final season started a couple of weeks ago. Cold War espionage is some of the most dramatic content in history.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Finally watched the finale of The Alienist. That was an enjoyable short-run series.

I started watching it a couple of weeks ago. I realized that after about the third episode I was no longer paying attention and it was just background noise. Not sure why, I usually love that kind of thing.

Took me about that long to get into it. I was definitely not convinced after the first episode. Ended up enjoying the run. My expectations are lower for upper cable short run series. I liked the one last year about tracking the Unabomber, but I thought the series with Jessica Biel was awful.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:46 pm

watched Titan on Netflix last night - not great but not terrible. Always seemed like it was just on the cusp of something then back to meh
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:55 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:watched Titan on Netflix last night - not great but not terrible. Always seemed like it was just on the cusp of something then back to meh

Watched it, thought about turning it off and decided to see how it ended. The ending made no sense. The wife in that show was the same chick from Orange Is the New Black, right?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:watched Titan on Netflix last night - not great but not terrible. Always seemed like it was just on the cusp of something then back to meh

Watched it, thought about turning it off and decided to see how it ended. The ending made no sense. The wife in that show was the same chick from Orange Is the New Black, right?

that is correct

for a minute it seemed like it was going to go horror/scary - then back to not that. Just...differrent
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:56 am

Just checked Rotten Tomatoes to see what's opening.
Saw this professional review for 'Rampage'
I dunno, man, it's got The Rock and a monkey fighting a giant, flying wolf, what more do you want?
Might have to check it out....................on cable.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:01 am

I started Stranger Things last night. Watched 2 episodes. It is ok but so far not sure what all of the buzz is about. I guess I'll keep going, don't really have anything better to watch.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:39 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I started Stranger Things last night. Watched 2 episodes. It is ok but so far not sure what all of the buzz is about. I guess I'll keep going, don't really have anything better to watch.

I didn't like it much

Anyone watch A Quiet Place? Thoughts?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:12 pm

A Quiet Place was fantastic. Short and to the point. Jim Halpert is one hell of a director
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next