Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:13

Starting Hostiles right now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 0:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Starting Hostiles right now.

Fuck man, this movie is brutal. Roe did you see it?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 0:32

Hostel or hostile?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 0:33

This movie is super uncomfortable. No white privilege. Hostiles (2017) with Christian Bale.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:23

Amazon must have made a deal with some Aussie company or I somehow stumbled into them but all of a sudden there
are many Australian mini-series on Prime. Watched "Kings in Grass Castles" and "The incredible Journey of Mary Bryant" this week - would give both 6/10 or so. Watchable but not compelling.

If you're into historical fiction from the 1700-1800 eras they're OK.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:29

I thought it started too slow, DR. I guess they did a good job of building tension though. I liked it overall, coulda maybe been a half hour longer. Solid 8/10
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 0:47

Mystic River is a shitty movie and Clint Eastwood is a shitty director.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 22:24

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 0:21

How far did you guys get in to Stranger things before you wrote it off? Not my genre really but episode 4 I think hooked me. Now I want to know.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 8:01

Is that the episode where the friend is at the pool, or is that one of the first 2 episodes? Either way, probably about as far as you. I was wondering what the hype was for a little bit. Ended up enjoying it.

Anyone see Fastest Car, or whatever its called? Where they take supercars and race them against homemade fast cars? I usually don't like those type of shows, but this one is pretty interesting.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 8:08

InTenSity wrote:Is that the episode where the friend is at the pool, or is that one of the first 2 episodes? Either way, probably about as far as you. I was wondering what the hype was for a little bit. Ended up enjoying it.

Anyone see Fastest Car, or whatever its called? Where they take supercars and race them against homemade fast cars? I usually don't like those type of shows, but this one is pretty interesting.

That was my one hangup with that show. What's her name's friend just disappears and she doesn't even seem to care. You do get some closure in the 2nd season from what I remember. Anyway, I was roughly the same age as the kids in the show at the same time. The nostalgia is pretty strong and the story was decent enough to keep me interested.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 9:12

InTenSity wrote:Is that the episode where the friend is at the pool, or is that one of the first 2 episodes? Either way, probably about as far as you. I was wondering what the hype was for a little bit. Ended up enjoying it.

Yeah that was the episode. It was much better than the preceding ones. Shit got real.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 11 May 2018 - 13:36

Deadpool 2 is hilarious. It's better than the first film in my opinion.

Go see it. If you don't like superhero movies you will appreciate it still.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 11 May 2018 - 13:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Starting Hostiles right now.

Yeah I saw it. I really liked it. Uncomfortable but pretty real-feeling, it's a slow burn for sure.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 11 May 2018 - 13:42

Death Roe wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Yeah I saw it. I really liked it. Uncomfortable but pretty real-feeling, it's a slow burn for sure.

Is it something my wife would sit through?  How about the Winchesters?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 11 May 2018 - 13:43

DWags wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Is it something my wife would sit through?  How about the Winchesters?

Not sure... if your wife likes Westerns then yes she'll sit through it.

Never saw Winchester, it looked like a turd.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 11 May 2018 - 13:48

You don't want your wife to see it Wags. Opening scene really tough to watch, especially for a mother.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 11 May 2018 - 13:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You don't want your wife to see it Wags. Opening scene really tough to watch, especially for a mother.

deal
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 11 May 2018 - 13:56

Roe how was your visit to the thriving metropolis of Troy? Did you see the mall?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 11 May 2018 - 17:46

I saw the mall on the highway but we had to get in line for the movie. There were a couple hundred people there, we were about 50th in line so we made it into the screening. A lot of people had to be turned away.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 11 May 2018 - 22:45

Avengers. I think I missed a lot.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 14 May 2018 - 20:46

This season of "The Americans" is really good (into episode 6 anyway). Mounting tension.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 19 May 2018 - 21:03

Just saw a commercial for the movie “Tag”....tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 18 502811600 Bet some swillers will end up seeing that
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 19 May 2018 - 21:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just saw a commercial for the movie “Tag”....tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 18 502811600 Bet some swillers will end up seeing that
What movies are we allowed to watch?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 19 May 2018 - 22:00

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just saw a commercial for the movie “Tag”....tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 18 502811600 Bet some swillers will end up seeing that

Why are you asking me?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 19 May 2018 - 22:07

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 18 502811600 just seeing this. Rich.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 19 May 2018 - 22:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Why are you asking me?
Because I'm not sure what's ok to watch without causing the downfall of the human race.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 19 May 2018 - 22:27

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Why are you asking me?
Because I'm not sure what's ok to watch without causing the downfall of the human race.

I don’t think seeing dog shit movies will contribute to the downfall of the human race, contributing to Hollywood putting more and more dogshit remakes, sequels, and super hero movies out? Sure.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 20 May 2018 - 2:24

Have watched a couple of movies in the past week that were picked out by Mrs. GreenWay, including I, Tonya and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Really enjoyed Billboards, and Tonya was fairly entertaining, considering I don’t GAS about Harding and figure skating.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 26 May 2018 - 1:15

Billboards was great.

Just starting The Americans. Lots of seasons but worth it, right?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Sat 26 May 2018 - 6:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Billboards was great.

Just starting The Americans. Lots of seasons but worth it, right?
first four Seasons were excellent. Serious drag in season 5 and most of six (final season). Series finale Wednesday.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 26 May 2018 - 23:06

Hey OTPT they made a movie about the guys who played tag. So fuck you for saying that watching Moana or Jumanji is the downfall of society.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 5 Jun 2018 - 12:20

I know where OTPT is going to be this Christmas

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 5 Jun 2018 - 15:21

Wbh read my post above yours brah tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 18 502811600

Saw Ready Player One last night. Different and not as good as the book obviously but a solid flick. If you want to take your family to something easy, go see that - has SOME substance at least.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Jun 2018 - 17:19

Saw All the Money in the World. Christopher Plummer is just one hell of an actor. Can’t believe he took over for Spacey at the last minute and just owned the part. Spacey as JPG would’ve been a total miscast. And speaking of miscast, wtf was Mark Wahlburg In this film? What a terrible selection and bad actor.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue 5 Jun 2018 - 17:26

Americans did not stick the landing and pretty much pissed me off. Critics for the most part loved it and said it was really about marriage. And here I thought it was about Soviet sleeper spies. Silly me.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Jun 2018 - 17:28

Never could get into it, either, Doc.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 5 Jun 2018 - 23:48

I started Lost. I don't know why. I heard the ending was awful but it was a pretty good run. Hoping to enjoy the run up to the finale.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 6 Jun 2018 - 12:21

Season 5 of Lost is some of the best TV ever made
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 6 Jun 2018 - 13:03

Anyone watch Rain on Netflix? I'm almost done and I think its only 8 episodes long. Its not too bad. I did have to switch to Danish with English subtitiles.
Things got pretty dark in Ep 5 or 6 though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next