Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft?

+27
Watch Out Pylon!
msuspartan4eva
duffy munn
SeeRockCity
xsanguine
CheesySpartan
Death Roe
MattyFresh
Herbie Green
The_Dude
InTenSity
kingstonlake
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Vlad
GRR Spartan
aualum06
tanfan!
DWags
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
31 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-24, 12:58

would be interesting to read some of the stipulations/fine print on these insurance policies.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft?

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-24, 13:02

I think maybe if you play again you don't get it.

So like Mcgahee blew his knee out and gets drafted two rounds lower I don’t think he got paid
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-24, 13:05

An article that mentions schools paying for the policies....

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/leonard-fournettes-10m-policies-and-the-unregulated-world-of-player-protection/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-24, 14:51

Herbie Green wrote:I have read that almost no one cashes in on those policies.

shut your whore mouth!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-24, 15:14

Do Nix and Bridges hang out?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 19:20

Tom Izzo: MSU's Miles Bridges will make good decision on NBA or stay
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-28, 09:23

Scouts: Bridges has mental toughness of NBA pro
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-28, 18:55

Miles Bridges' mother: 'I don't think' he's made decision on NBA draft
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-28, 18:57

This quote from that story makes me think that he's leaning toward staying and Mom doesn't agree....

“We’re supposed to meet next week to know where he stands. I’m like, oh my gosh, it would be so easy for me – NBA,” Cynthia Bridges said with a laugh. “I don’t know, I think his mind might already be made up. But hopefully, when he meets and sees the stats and sees the pros and the cons of, hey, if you go now compared to if you stay another year and how they’re going to critique you and your stock could drop, I don’t think he knows any of that.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-28, 19:17

LooseGoose wrote:This quote from that story makes me think that he's leaning toward staying and Mom doesn't agree....

“We’re supposed to meet next week to know where he stands. I’m like, oh my gosh, it would be so easy for me – NBA,” Cynthia Bridges said with a laugh. “I don’t know, I think his mind might already be made up. But hopefully, when he meets and sees the stats and sees the pros and the cons of, hey, if you go now compared to if you stay another year and how they’re going to critique you and your stock could drop, I don’t think he knows any of that.”

None of us have walked in their shoes for 50 plus years. I'm thinking it's like a family member of ours who has a 20 million dollar winning lottery ticket and we're thinking damn cash that in before you lose it and he says nah, I'm waiting. That's a tough thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-28, 19:23

LooseGoose wrote:This quote from that story makes me think that he's leaning toward staying and Mom doesn't agree....

I would like to take a moment to applaud Mrs. Bridges for treating Miles like a son rather than a lottery ticket. She's clearly planning on offering input but leaving the ultimate decision up to him. There's something to be said for that in this day and age.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-28, 22:14

I have yet to weigh my premium opinion on this matter. when the time comes, I'll announce it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-28, 22:24

If he goes he makes millions immediately ...if he stays he risks injury (which insurance should cover) but he also could become the #1 pick in 2018. He still goes IMO because he should. Izzo had to use FR to win and Miles was the centerpiece. What is best for him I 100% support!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-28, 22:36

Clarett's Folly wrote:

I would like to take a moment to applaud Mrs. Bridges for treating Miles like a son rather than a lottery ticket. She's clearly planning on offering input but leaving the ultimate decision up to him. There's something to be said for that in this day and age.

You can see that in how Bridges carries himself. From my totally unscientific psychoanalysis based on only television footage, of course. Usually players like that have saints for mothers/parents/guardians.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-28, 22:42

xsanguine wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

You can see that in how Bridges carries himself. From my totally unscientific psychoanalysis based on only television footage, of course. Usually players like that have saints for mothers/parents/guardians.

His dad's interview was pretty steadfast also and matter of factly. Dad says "Izzo gets the big guy in the middle next year he can show everybody what he has on the wing" or something like that. Dad was the type that wasn't fancy but was that old cool, just answering reporters dumb questions with a dignity and honesty. He sounded like a pretty nice person. Kids a great kid, whatever he does, I'm 100% for it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-28, 22:57

It's usually the guy that isn't fancy that ends up being the smartest guy in the room (at least in the movies). Regardless of what happens in the NBA (next year or the year after) having parents like that ensures that he'll be alright no matter what.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-28, 23:13

Notice Miles never said his Dad factors into the decision making process. It's always his Mom. Don't think what Dad says matters much. From my read it sounds like Mom wouldn't mind if he goes to NBA but is leaving it up to him. My guess is he winds up reading Mom's tea leaves and that outweighs anything and everything else. I would be completely shocked if he comes back. Pleasantly completely shocked but completely shocked.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-28, 23:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Notice Miles never said his Dad factors into the decision making process. It's always his Mom. Don't think what Dad says matters much. From my read it sounds like Mom wouldn't mind if he goes to NBA but is leaving it up to him. My guess is he winds up reading Mom's tea leaves and that outweighs anything and everything else. I would be completely shocked if he comes back. Pleasantly completely shocked but completely shocked.

This. But like I say the kid has my respect. He's a Spartan.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-29, 08:08

InTenSity wrote:Do Nix and Bridges hang out?
Ok, so no one answered this question. I asked it because a buddy of mine who still lives in the area said he saw a text from Nix. Whatever was on the text made it sound as if Bridges was leaning towards staying. He thought the chances were better than 80/20 leaving vs staying. He's not usually one to say anything about anyone, so who knows.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-29, 10:09

InTenSity wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Do Nix and Bridges hang out?
Ok, so no one answered this question. I asked it because a buddy of mine who still lives in the area said he saw a text from Nix. Whatever was on the text made it sound as if Bridges was leaning towards staying. He thought the chances were better than 80/20 leaving vs staying. He's not usually one to say anything about anyone, so who knows.

Interesting. I didn't know the answer to your question. I hope Tanker s helping him out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-31, 14:35

As Miles Bridges 'struggles' with decision, Spartans explore options for 2017 class

Much depends on Bridges, who Izzo said on Friday is "really struggling to make a decision" on whether to enter the NBA Draft or return to Michigan State for his sophomore season.

"It's been a little harder on him than I thought," Izzo said on ESPN's Courtside podcast with Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg. "You know, when I got him, I thought, this kid is one and done, and he's going."

Bridges, 19, averaged 16.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game as a freshman. He's expected to be a lottery pick in the upcoming spring draft, most widely projected to go between No. 10 and No. 14 overall.

According to Izzo, though, Bridges is putting real thought into his choice and will finalize his plans "in the next couple of weeks."

"He's a unique kid and he really is struggling to make a decision," Izzo said. "Contrary to popular belief, I'm not sitting here on my hands and knees, begging him to stay. I'd be tickled to death if he goes. But he's not one of those guys who's just going to go. He knows where his draft status is. I think most of us know that he's somewhere in that lottery."

If Bridges returns, he'll enter his sophomore year as a preseason All-American and the centerpiece of a likely top-10 Michigan State team. The Spartans would be loaded at the forward position with Bridges anchoring the fleet of Nick Ward, highly touted freshmen Jaren Jackson Jr. and Xavier Tillman, and fifth-year senior Gavin Schilling, who is expected to return.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-03-31, 14:39

LooseGoose wrote:As Miles Bridges 'struggles' with decision, Spartans explore options for 2017 class

Much depends on Bridges, who Izzo said on Friday is "really struggling to make a decision" on whether to enter the NBA Draft or return to Michigan State for his sophomore season.

"It's been a little harder on him than I thought," Izzo said on ESPN's Courtside podcast with Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg. "You know, when I got him, I thought, this kid is one and done, and he's going."

Bridges, 19, averaged 16.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game as a freshman. He's expected to be a lottery pick in the upcoming spring draft, most widely projected to go between No. 10 and No. 14 overall.

According to Izzo, though, Bridges is putting real thought into his choice and will finalize his plans "in the next couple of weeks."

"He's a unique kid and he really is struggling to make a decision," Izzo said. "Contrary to popular belief, I'm not sitting here on my hands and knees, begging him to stay. I'd be tickled to death if he goes. But he's not one of those guys who's just going to go. He knows where his draft status is. I think most of us know that he's somewhere in that lottery."

If Bridges returns, he'll enter his sophomore year as a preseason All-American and the centerpiece of a likely top-10 Michigan State team. The Spartans would be loaded at the forward position with Bridges anchoring the fleet of Nick Ward, highly touted freshmen Jaren Jackson Jr. and Xavier Tillman, and fifth-year senior Gavin Schilling, who is expected to return.

Please dear Lord, I've never asked for much...
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-31, 14:40

The longer this goes, the more I'm thinking he's here next year. don't want to get a bonar just yet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-31, 14:54

my self-esteem is in the balance..

please, for me.. Mr. Bridges - if you are reading this.. stay. Please stay.

I live less than a mile from campus. If you need anything, please let me know.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-31, 15:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my self-esteem is in the balance..

This is great news. It might be the feather that stops the camel's back from breaking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-31, 15:16

party iin Bob's basement!!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-31, 15:23

Blanch32 wrote:

I think someone left an upper-decker in Bob's basement toilet after the Cotton Bowl party he hosted but didn't attend. When Bob has a party=MSU is 2-0 I believe.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-31, 15:27

I never actually left bobs basement. The thing is that the door I thought was to leave out of was actually a closet. After a few months of trying to figure out where I was supposed to go I guess I was just a little too embarrassed to ask at that point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-31, 16:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I never actually left bobs basement. The thing is that the door I thought was to leave out of was actually a closet. After a few months of trying to figure out where I was supposed to go I guess I was just a little too embarrassed to ask at that point.
You should look for Turtleneck while you're there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-31, 16:46

CheesySpartan wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I think someone left an upper-decker in Bob's basement toilet after the Cotton Bowl party he hosted but didn't attend. When Bob has a party=MSU is 2-0 I believe.

Bob's basement is currently unavailable.

He's got OTPT tied up down there watching Tum tum highlights nonstop for the last 14 days.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-31, 16:59

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/03/28/nba-draft-2017-early-entry-list-declarations

NCAA rules allow underclassmen to “test the waters” and go through the pre-draft process while retaining next year’s eligibility, provided they do not hire an agent. The early entry deadline is April 23, and college players have until 10 days after the draft combine (May 9–14) to withdraw from the pool.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-31, 19:17

NigelUno wrote:https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/03/28/nba-draft-2017-early-entry-list-declarations

NCAA rules allow underclassmen to “test the waters” and go through the pre-draft process while retaining next year’s eligibility, provided they do not hire an agent. The early entry deadline is April 23, and college players have until 10 days after the draft combine (May 9–14) to withdraw from the pool.

That would be bad for recruiting...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-31, 19:18

duffy munn wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Bob's basement is currently unavailable.

He's got OTPT tied up down there watching Tum tum highlights nonstop for the last 14 days.

That's sick! But at least we know where he is.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-01, 21:06

Miles Bridges‏ @MilesBridges01 33m33 minutes ago
More
Miles Bridges Retweeted Jaren Jackson Jr.
Congratulations bro bro!!!

Jaren Jackson Jr. @therealjnari_
More
HAD TO END OFF THE WEEK AS A NATTTYYY CHAMP the only way was the la lu way
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva 2017-04-02, 17:56

LooseGoose wrote:As Miles Bridges 'struggles' with decision, Spartans explore options for 2017 class

It would be.....orgasmic if he returned but I just can't picture it. Love to be wrong though.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 09:03

isportsweb: How would a possible Miles Bridges return impact MSU?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 13:56

Miles is in Eden?

Miles Bridges‏ @MilesBridges01 19m19 minutes ago
Good afternoon everyone!! Remember humans will tell you how they feel. God will tell you what's real!!! Stay woke #EDEN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-03, 13:58

LooseGoose wrote:Miles is in Eden?

Good afternoon everyone!! Remember humans will tell you how they feel. God will tell you what's real!!! Stay woke #EDEN

Miles could've played for Dantonio.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-03, 14:02

LooseGoose wrote:Miles is in Eden?

Somebody tell Miles god wears Spartan gear and text messages Izzo
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-04, 09:07

Miles Bridges: Should he stay or should he go?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next