Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft?

+27
Watch Out Pylon!
msuspartan4eva
duffy munn
SeeRockCity
xsanguine
CheesySpartan
Death Roe
MattyFresh
Herbie Green
The_Dude
InTenSity
kingstonlake
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Vlad
GRR Spartan
aualum06
tanfan!
DWags
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
31 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 Empty Re: Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft?

Post by Guest 2017-03-21, 11:50

Spartan Basketball‏Verified account @MSU_Basketball 2h2 hours ago
More
Happy Birthday to freshman forward #22 @MilesBridges01

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 C7chjkEXQAATkbH
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 Empty Re: Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft?

Post by Guest 2017-03-21, 13:45

One kid projected in the same range as Bridges is coming back....

Chad Ford‏Verified account @chadfordinsider 1h1 hour ago

Robert Williams returning to Texas A&M a surprise. Was projected by most teams in the 10-15 range in the draft.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-21, 13:47

LooseGoose wrote:One kid projected in the same range as Bridges is coming back....

Robert Williams returning to Texas A&M a surprise. Was projected by most teams in the 10-15 range in the draft.
in theory that bumps Bridges up one pick.

#MyLifeIsOver
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-21, 13:50

Miles Bridges‏ @MilesBridges01 3h3 hours ago
God has blessed me with another year, and I'm forever thankful!!
#Nasty19 #EDEN https://www.instagram.com/p/BR51dGrg24u/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-21, 13:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:One kid projected in the same range as Bridges is coming back....

in theory that bumps Bridges up one pick.

#MyLifeIsOver

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 502811600

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 Images10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-21, 13:58

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:in theory that bumps Bridges up one pick.

#MyLifeIsOver

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 Images10
Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-22, 17:46

Jeremy Warnemuende‏ @JSWarno247 21m21 minutes ago
More
Gonna come down to what Bridges wants more than anything. Either way, it's been fun coaching a guy like him.

Jeremy Warnemuende‏ @JSWarno247 22m22 minutes ago
More
Tom Izzo said he's gathering info from NBA types right now for Miles Bridges. Can project roughly where he'll be already.

Jeremy Warnemuende‏ @JSWarno247 33m33 minutes ago
More
Izzo talking Xavier Tillman on the @DrivewithJack. Said he's collecting big men. Last night was one of best games he's seen Tillman play.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 07:41

I'm not sure where Goosechev is but, as a Senior Staff Writer, I'll provide a little VIP content this morning..

Charlie Bell raining on everyone's parade (and by "everyone" I mean those sincere folks who have Miles Bridges' best interest at heart):

Bridges has not made up his mind yet, but Bell has made up his.

“Nowadays, I think the longer you stay in college the more your stock drops,” Bell said. “If you are coming out as a junior or senior, (NBA personnel) look at you totally different compared to if you are a freshman. He’s had a great year. I’d love to see him at the next level.”

Lansing State Urinal article here
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 07:57

Goosechev come back!!! Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 685334576
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-23, 07:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure where Goosechev is but, as a Senior Staff Writer, I'll provide a little VIP content this morning..

Charlie Bell raining on everyone's parade (and by "everyone" I mean those sincere folks who have Miles Bridges' best interest at heart):

“Nowadays, I think the longer you stay in college the more your stock drops,” Bell said. “If you are coming out as a junior or senior, (NBA personnel) look at you totally different compared to if you are a freshman. He’s had a great year. I’d love to see him at the next level.”

While I think Bell could be right in this case, that's not true in all cases. Denzel never would have been drafted as a FR. His stock went up.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 08:00

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure where Goosechev is but, as a Senior Staff Writer, I'll provide a little VIP content this morning..

While I think Bell could be right in this case, that's not true in all cases. Denzel never would have been drafted as a FR. His stock went up.
I agree with that.

As we all know, when it comes to freshmen, the NBA drafts solely (mainly?) on potential - and Bridges gave them a lot of reason to draft him this past season.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-23, 09:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I agree with that.

As we all know, when it comes to freshmen, the NBA drafts solely (mainly?) on potential - and Bridges gave them a lot of reason to draft him this past season.

I don't see a scenario where he comes back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 09:29

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree with that.

me neither.. regardless, whichever decision he makes will be a good one for him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-23, 09:41

You're exaggerating Bob. Most of us think Bridges will go. It'll be a shocker if he stays.

Valentine isn't the closest recent comparison, Gary Harris is. Gary came back and was very happy he did and it's worked out well for him. Bridges is ranked higher so it's not a duplicate situation. His stock will only drop of he doesn't play well. That's happened to some that were more hype than performance, I don't think Bridges falls into that category. I'll be very happy for him no matter what he decides, all of us wish we had no lose decisions like this to make.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 09:48

LooseGoose wrote:

You're exaggerating Bob. Most of us think Bridges will go. It'll be a shocker if he stays.

Valentine isn't the closest recent comparison, Gary Harris is. Gary came back and was very happy he did and it's worked out well for him. Bridges is ranked higher so it's not a duplicate situation. His stock will only drop of he doesn't play well. That's happened to some that were more hype than performance, I don't think Bridges falls into that category. I'll be very happy for him no matter what he decides, all of us wish we had no lose decisions like this to make.
I was mainly pointing out the people whose self-esteem is rooted, for whatever reason, in a bunch of kids playing a sport.

I agree with you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-23, 10:14

I give it a 2% chance he comes back. I think it's probably the right call to go. However, if he is digging college life that much and/or wants to chase a Championship, good for him and I wouldn't complain. Just get that insurance policy. And get Mrs. Bridges one of those Team Mama jobs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-23, 10:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I give it a 2% chance he comes back. I think it's probably the right call to go. However, if he is digging college life that much and/or wants to chase a Championship, good for him and I wouldn't complain. Just get that insurance policy. And get Mrs. Bridges one of those Team Mama jobs.

I think we agree on most of this although I set it as closer to 35% that he comes back. A couple of things to remember from MB's recruitment - his Mom LOVED Tom Izzo and Michigan State - so she's very unlikely to be pushing him out. There's also an article out there that she had planned her retirement for this year after working at a hospital for nearly 40 years. I guess you could tease that one out as a positive or a negative for him staying. It does tell you that she may not be in any financial need.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 10:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I give it a 2% chance he comes back. I think it's probably the right call to go. However, if he is digging college life that much and/or wants to chase a Championship, good for him and I wouldn't complain. Just get that insurance policy. And get Mrs. Bridges one of those Team Mama jobs.
if our boys are to pursue the Natty, they'll need some orange slices after practice.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-23, 13:39

Graham Couch‏Verified account @Graham_Couch 16m16 minutes ago
More
Graham Couch Retweeted Eric Woodyard
He's watching Flint Beecher vs. Detroit Edison at Breslin.

Eric Woodyard‏Verified account @E_Woodyard
More
Michigan State freshman phenom Miles Bridges is in the house.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-23, 13:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
if our boys are to pursue the Natty, they'll need some orange slices after practice.

I could go for some orange slices right now, Bob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 14:50

LooseGoose wrote:Graham Couch‏Verified account @Graham_Couch 16m16 minutes ago
More

More
no freaking way?!?! Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 14:53

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if our boys are to pursue the Natty, they'll need some orange slices after practice.

I could go for some orange slices right now, Bob.
we'll get you on a list.. have Sally from HR call and set up a payment plan.. once everything is squared away, delivery of the orange slices will take 3-5 business days.... Phil will call the night before with a projected 2 hour window for delivery.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-23, 15:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Graham Couch‏Verified account @Graham_Couch 16m16 minutes ago
More

More
no freaking way?!?! Shocked

Scouting a future team mate......hey every little clue counts now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 15:09

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:no freaking way?!?! Shocked

Scouting a future team mate......hey every little clue counts now.

I believe he some of the other cast of characters were at Eastern the other night for the Grand Rapids Christian vs. Kalamazoo Central showdown..

the fire marshall clearly was not there.. place was packed to the gills.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-23, 15:15

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree with that.

I will throw one out there - he doesn't enter the draft.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-23, 15:18

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

well shit, he gone
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-23, 16:01

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

well shit, he gone

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-23, 17:01

Miles Bridges still 50-50 on NBA decision: 'I'm not rushing it'

Although Bridges is projected to be a lottery pick in this year's NBA Draft, he's still weighing his options on whether he wants to return to school.

On Tuesday, he celebrated his 19th birthday but has no timetable on when he will decide on his next move.

"I'm just going to talk to my mom, talk to my coaches and we will see where it goes from there. I'm not rushing it," Bridges said. "I'm just really happy to be in this position because I have a chance to live out my dream but I also have another chance to win a national championship."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-24, 12:17

how much would his rookie contract be worth in total? if <$10M he should stay and take the insurance. no way dude takes a step back next year .
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-24, 12:22

Blanch32 wrote:how much would his rookie contract be worth in total? if <$10M he should stay and take the insurance. no way dude takes a step back next year .

That depends on his draft position and no one knows that for sure.

#1 pick has $10 Million total guaranteed over 2 years.

#10 pick has $4.3 Million total

#20 has $2.65 Million total

all of them have a team option for a 3-4-5 year at similar salaries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-24, 12:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:how much would his rookie contract be worth in total? if <$10M he should stay and take the insurance. no way dude takes a step back next year .

That depends on his draft position and no one knows that for sure.

#1 pick has $10 Million total guaranteed over 2 years.

#10 pick has $4.3 Million total

#20 has $2.65 Million total

all of them have a team option for a 3-4-5 year at similar salaries.

So he'd break even on the insurance policy if picked #1. this is a no Brainerd that he comes back financially. you'd make more if you get hurt. no wonder we have never heard from Kalin Lucas again. Dude must be loaded!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 12:28

Rookie contracts are on a sliding scale and can be signed as high as 120% of the values shown or as low as 80%. They are guaranteed for 2 years with the final two being team options.  So most projections has Bridges at around 10-15th so he'd probably be looking at just 3 to nearly 5 million guaranteed.

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 Nba_pa11
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-24, 12:30

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Bridges in the 2017 NBA Draft? - Page 3 Giphy
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 12:31

Blanch32 wrote:
So he'd break even on the insurance policy if picked #1.   this is a no Brainerd that he comes back financially.  you'd make more if you get hurt.  no wonder we have never heard from Kalin Lucas again.   Dude must be loaded!

Can he afford to get the insurance policy... they are not free.  This is a very good draft class and its possible that he comes back and is drafted higher next year.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 12:32

Anyone know if Gary had a policy?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-24, 12:48

MattyFresh wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:
So he'd break even on the insurance policy if picked #1.   this is a no Brainerd that he comes back financially.  you'd make more if you get hurt.  no wonder we have never heard from Kalin Lucas again.   Dude must be loaded!

Can he afford to get the insurance policy... they are not free.  This is a very good draft class and its possible that he comes back and is drafted higher next year.

without looking it up I know this isn't an issue......it's either that the NCAA allows him to get a loan to pay for the policy or MSU can pay it. I'll see if I can easily find the answer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-24, 12:49

Here it is....IF you qualify for the insurance you're automatically qualified for a loan to pay for it.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/insurance/student-athlete-insurance-programs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-24, 12:53

MattyFresh wrote:Anyone know if Gary had a policy?

I don't know about Gary but I'll bet he did.   He and his family seemed to be pretty practical people and it's the smart decision.

I know from and old Rexrode q&A that Cook and Stanton both had them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 12:53

niiiiiice and nice
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-24, 12:57

I have read that almost no one cashes in on those policies.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next