Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

+20
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
Floyd Robertson
Senior Dickfist
MSU addict
InTenSity
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Travis of the Cosmos
MattyFresh
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 4 Empty Re: Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-21, 14:41

I probably deleted it. This will haunt my dreams forever.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 4 Empty Re: Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-12-21, 15:26

Got a notice from the Bankruptcy Court of North Carolina. Power home Solar declared bankruptcy and the court says they might have some dividends left over for the little people. I'm thinking about putting in a claim for the entire system they sold me to see where that goes. Lotsa luck to me navigating the system.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-21, 15:29

Jake from State Farm wrote:Got a notice from the Bankruptcy Court of North Carolina. Power home Solar declared bankruptcy and the court says they might have some dividends left over for the little people. I'm thinking about putting in a claim for the entire system they sold me to see where that goes. Lotsa luck to me navigating the system.

So that I explains why I don't see that guy on TV anymore. Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 4 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-12-21, 15:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Got a notice from the Bankruptcy Court of North Carolina. Power home Solar declared bankruptcy and the court says they might have some dividends left over for the little people. I'm thinking about putting in a claim for the entire system they sold me to see where that goes. Lotsa luck to me navigating the system.

So that I explains why I don't see that guy on TV anymore. Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 4 502811600

They changed their name to Pink Energy and hoped no one would notice. It didn't work. Ohio AG is working on forcing their finance company to quit collecting payments, that's how bad it is. None of their systems are producing what they promised, at least the ones that do work.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-21, 16:09

Not a lawyer but once bankruptcy has started, you’re unlikely to get much. The time to go after them was before because you’d be listed as one of the first to be paid off. Now you’re just a sad sack waiting online with all the others hoping for pennies on the dollar—if that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-12-21, 18:11

tGreenWay wrote:

Not a lawyer but once bankruptcy has started, you’re unlikely to get much. The time to go after them was before because you’d be listed as one of the first to be paid off. Now you’re just a sad sack waiting online with all the others hoping for pennies on the dollar—if that.

Just like all the class action suits, the only ones that make out are the attorneys. I sent the AG after them but they never responded and being from a different state there wasn't much they could do. I found out their correct Michigan address sometime later but it was do I really want to keep wasting my time on this? Even if I get something out of them it would be next to nothing. The wife tells me to just quit paying their finance company but that would more than likely just end up ruining my credit. I should have it paid off in a couple of years anyway. The suck part is that the warranty is now non-existent on their crappy panels.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-01-06, 19:18

MSU addict wrote:I elected to receive a paper check, mostly just because they were pushing the electronic payments so hard.  I have had the virtual prepaid credit cards before and they are a pain in the ass to cash.  I have not received the check yet, I have no idea how much it will be.  
FWIW, I have yet to receive the paper check.

A interesting thing did happen this week though. I put my name in the hat for the "Got Milk" settlement and did receive a payout of $18.90 which was issued on a electronic prepaid debit MasterCard. I used it to buy something on amazon, but they would not let split payments between cards so I bought something very close to the amount and just decided to forgo the remaining balance (under $1.00).

Fast forward a few months and I get an email saying their database of prepaid cards had been hacked (I assume only the Got Milk ones) and that I had a balance and needed to reset my password, yada yada yada. Knowing the balance was so small, I did nothing.

Tuesday I received a letter and phone call from a collection agency, American Coradius International, attempting to collect $549 they said I owe PayPal. Apparently someone used my name and very small prepaid debit card to open a PayPal account and buy over $500 of stuff. I will say the collection agency was very cordial when I called them and they understood that I did not make the purchase and they would refer it back to PayPal as a fraud/identity theft case.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-01-06, 22:58

Funny thing Addict, I got one of those $18.90 Got Milk settlement prepaid Mastercards too. Some how I screwed up the password and after a continuous loop of emails I quit trying.

After reading about your situation I'm glad I didn't use the damn thing.

A scam that happened to me about 6 months ago was I randomly checked to see if an order shipped and my credit card charged. Saw a $1.00 deposit in my account from a company in NJ. Called my credit union and they said it was a phishing attempt. If the $1 went through within 24-72 hours they'd go for a withdrawal of just below $500.

That got me to start using Apple Pay and PayPal where Apple Pay isn't accepted. Also retired the debit card unless I need cash from an ATM. That way I know exactly where I used the ATM and the credit cards attached to Apple Pay and PayPal limit who I can blame.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-01-14, 15:29

I received my paper check today for the equifax settlement, $5.21.

The attached letter suggested that I consult a tax advisor with regards to the tax treatment of this settlement payment.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-27, 00:39

Hey bitches $17.54.

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 4 Cd1ec010

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 4 133d6710

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-01-28, 18:15

DWags wrote:Hey bitches $17.54.

I just got my second $5.16 check from them.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-28, 18:20

Jake from State Farm wrote:
DWags wrote:Hey bitches $17.54.

I just got my second $5.16 check from them.

do you have a good tax lawyer? I might be in need of advice due to my windfall.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4