Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

+20
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
Floyd Robertson
Senior Dickfist
MSU addict
InTenSity
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Travis of the Cosmos
MattyFresh
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 3 Empty Re: Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:41 am

FTC: Equifax Data Breach Settlement
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 3 Empty Re: Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:FTC: Equifax Data Breach Settlement

Am I reading this right? They'll give me $125 if I don't want their credit monitoring?

Maybe I will buy a pair of shoes (not the women's)
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:48 pm

Here you go: I put in for the 125, plus 9 hours of calling around to social security, to macomb fraud division and to my accountants who helped me stop false unemployment claims using my social security number and shit.

Fuck option one. Take Option 2 and add the hours. Find out right here right now if your shit was breached.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:17 am

I.B. Fine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:FTC: Equifax Data Breach Settlement

Am I reading this right? They'll give me $125 if I don't want their credit monitoring?

Maybe I will buy a pair of shoes (not the women's)

As usual, from what I've seen it's dependent upon the number of people that claim it. If less than 248,000 claim you get more. If more than that you get less.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:48 am

DWags wrote:Here you go: I put in for the 125, plus 9 hours of calling around to social security, to macomb fraud division and to my accountants who helped me stop false unemployment claims using my social security number and shit.

Fuck option one. Take Option 2 and add the hours. Find out right here right now if your shit was breached.
their tool says I wasn't impacted... I'm supposed to trust them?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:06 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:Here you go: I put in for the 125, plus 9 hours of calling around to social security, to macomb fraud division and to my accountants who helped me stop false unemployment claims using my social security number and shit.

So as I was filling out my claim they needed my birth year and address. It gave me pause. I was thinking what if they’re hacked again. They have even more information on me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:33 am

Did the same wags but I'm not greedy. I only logged 8 hours. Lol
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:35 am

kingstonlake wrote:Did the same wags but I'm not greedy. I only logged 8 hours. Lol

cheers cheers

Yeah, it said "over 10 hours they want documentation" I probably have some, matter of fact I do know I havea file of the shit, but I don't know how to prove hours
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:21 pm

Done. Where’s my check bitches?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Rocinante wrote:Done. Where’s my check bitches?

It'll be sent to one of your stolen identities. Sorry sucka

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:17 am

Just checked and I’m not affected by the breach. Very grateful. Now, hoping Mrs. GreenWay is also not impacted.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:28 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Were you affected by the MSU hack a few years ago? If yes, you might still be getting credit monitoring because of that breach.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:35 am

I was affected. Where my money at?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

If you can’t trust our malevolent corporate overlords then who can you trust
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:18 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:their tool says I wasn't impacted... I'm supposed to trust them?

If you can’t trust our malevolent corporate overlords then who can you trust

Is that rhetorical? Who would know? There is neither a period nor a question mark at the end of your sentence, Travis.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:21 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I was affected. Where my money at?

It’s there. Who did you speak with on campus?If you haven’t gotten your check, you might want to call again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I was affected. Where my money at?

It’s there. Who did you speak with on campus?If you haven’t gotten your check, you might want to call again.

Is this even English? Or hieroglyphs or something? Way to put a space between sentences greenway.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:59 am

tGreenWay wrote:

Is this even English? Or hieroglyphs or something? Way to put a space between sentences greenway.

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 3 502811600 Thanks, Mr. Bitterman.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 am

This can't be real...right?

[tw]1156178208003252225[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Nobodies getting anything. It’s going to the lawyers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/if-you-made-a-claim-for-dollar125-from-equifax-youre-not-getting-it-after-court-awards-nearly-dollar80-million-to-attorneys/ar-BBYaS5Q?li=BBnbfcN
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:23 am

kingstonlake wrote:Nobodies getting anything. It’s going to the lawyers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/if-you-made-a-claim-for-dollar125-from-equifax-youre-not-getting-it-after-court-awards-nearly-dollar80-million-to-attorneys/ar-BBYaS5Q?li=BBnbfcN

Now there's a surprise.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:28 am

F'in Chinese.

[tw]1226885689133891584[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:30 am

I hope they got fickells
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:17 pm

Fuck these credit bureaus. Fuck them sideways all the way to hell and back.

[tw]1388170074305929218[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 pm

Why do they have to advertise? Why do I see ads for credit bureaus? This always confused me. Other than we live in a capitalistic hellscape

Nevermind I answered my own question
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:40 pm

Sometimes I’m happy I’m poor.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat May 01, 2021 11:17 am

So Equifax basically got away with it scott free, other than having to maybe pay off some lawyers.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat May 01, 2021 11:28 am

Their security needs to be regulated.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 01, 2021 11:50 am

Terminate the Directors and the C-level either from employment or with extreme prejudice. Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 3 3669899363 Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 3 905083632
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat May 01, 2021 12:12 pm

By the way, I just got an email from an app I have that is called ParkMobile. They allowed our phone numbers to be taken but not our cards. Thing is, I’ve been getting text messages since that solicitations that want me to buy the blue pill and shoes and shit. It’s worse than getting a credit card stolen. I can just change the card. My number? Not so much.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:So Equifax basically got away with it scott free, other than having to maybe pay off some lawyers.

The only good thing that came from that Equifax breech is that credit freezes are now free across the entire industry.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon May 03, 2021 8:42 am

DWags wrote:By the way, I just got an email from an app I have that is called ParkMobile. They allowed our phone numbers to be taken but not our cards. Thing is, I’ve been getting text messages since that solicitations that want me to buy the blue pill and shoes and shit. It’s worse than getting a credit card stolen. I can just change the card. My number? Not so much.

I assume you know that you can block numbers, unsubscribe from texts and report spam texts? One of my genius pals that I no longer see eye to eye with signed me up for Trump texts. It took a couple of days of doing the above, but I stopped receiving them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon May 03, 2021 8:58 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:By the way, I just got an email from an app I have that is called ParkMobile. They allowed our phone numbers to be taken but not our cards. Thing is, I’ve been getting text messages since that solicitations that want me to buy the blue pill and shoes and shit. It’s worse than getting a credit card stolen. I can just change the card. My number? Not so much.

I assume you know that you can block numbers, unsubscribe from texts and report spam texts? One of my genius pals that I no longer see eye to eye with signed me up for Trump texts. It took a couple of days of doing the above, but I stopped receiving them.

I block spam numbers everyday but they just keep coming. Some times I pick up and play along for a minute then I tell the caller I'm an FBI agent.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon May 03, 2021 9:50 am

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I block spam numbers everyday but they just keep coming. Some times I pick up and play along for a minute then I tell the caller I'm an FBI agent.

I sometimes ask them if their mom or sister is available.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:55 am

According to an email that I received yesterday from EquifaxDataBreachSettlement@hawkmarketplace.com I'm to be the recipient of a Virtual Prepaid Card! I've been rewarded the incredible sum of $11.76  cheers

1. I can't believe Equifax couldn't find a less shady way to distribute the settlements. I mean, this thing screams scam to me, but as much as possible my googling says it's legit. I actually think they want people to thinks it's a scam and not redeem the virtual credit cards.

2. $11.76 Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed - Page 3 502811600

Anyone else here get one?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:15 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:According to an email that I received yesterday from EquifaxDataBreachSettlement@hawkmarketplace.com I'm to be the recipient of a Virtual Prepaid Card! I've been rewarded the incredible sum of $11.76  cheers

1. I can't believe Equifax couldn't find a less shady way to distribute the settlements. I mean, this thing screams scam to me, but as much as possible my googling says it's legit. I actually think they want people to thinks it's a scam and not redeem the virtual credit cards.

They sent me an email and said it would show up in my paypal account. $5.88 I think it is. I told the wife it's time to go Christmas shopping.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:16 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:According to an email that I received yesterday from EquifaxDataBreachSettlement@hawkmarketplace.com I'm to be the recipient of a Virtual Prepaid Card! I've been rewarded the incredible sum of $11.76  cheers

I've signed up for class action things and got prepaid CCs too.

My kid's Ford Focus got $22.00 for having the shittiest transmission ever... even with like 4-5 documented visits to the dealer.

Then I got like $12 from a milk settlement. (?)

Of course the actual class action against the companies is hundreds of millions, but the lawyers get their cut and everyone in the supply chain (CC company, etc) takes a cut and you end up with shit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:19 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

My kid's Ford Focus got $22.00 for having the shittiest transmission ever... even with like 4-5 documented visits to the dealer.

Of course the actual class action against the companies is hundreds of millions, but the lawyers get their cut and everyone in the supply chain (CC company, etc) takes a cut and you end up with shit.

Look at this fuckin guy rolling in his settlement dough
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:22 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Look at this fuckin guy rolling in his settlement dough

That Ford one should have gotten me a new car or something. Still pissed.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:30 pm

I elected to receive a paper check, mostly just because they were pushing the electronic payments so hard. I have had the virtual prepaid credit cards before and they are a pain in the ass to cash. I have not received the check yet, I have no idea how much it will be.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next