Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.

+24
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
MSU addict
Turtleneck
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
MattyFresh
InTenSity
Bill Cain
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
28 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 Empty Re: White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.

Post by DWags 2018-01-19, 09:58

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:If he wanted to reach as many people as possible wouldn't it be more effective to speak at a church?

Yes. Churches are much more segregated than say a Breslin crowd.

Unfortunately churches probably have a bigger target crowd who are more likely open to his rhetoric

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 Empty Re: White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-19, 13:24

quick reminder that the 'christian' racist, bigoted sexual predator refers to white supremacist terrorists responsible for the murder of a woman in Charlottesville "fine people".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 Empty Richard Spencer speaks at MSU on March 4th

Post by Bill Cain 2018-02-23, 22:09

Bad timing
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 22:26

When it rains it pours
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 22:37

Who cares? No one is endorsing the asswipe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-02-23, 23:13

LooseGoose wrote:Who cares?  No one is endorsing the asswipe.
There will be protesters
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-02-23, 23:14

Here ya go Bill
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-02-23, 23:50

Bill Cain wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Who cares?  No one is endorsing the asswipe.
There will be protesters
Hopefully.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-24, 00:01

Bill Cain wrote:Bad timing

Is there something new I missed? Isn’t his appearance over a week away?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-24, 00:04

What does this have to do with Bridges' mother and her subsequent lunch at Applebees and Sean Millers sweat gland issues?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-27, 04:35

All Saints church in EL is hosting a "block party" in response to the hate-speech rally. DJ's, food trucks, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-27, 08:02

Next ESPN headline: Izzo and Dantonio condone white supremacy on campus.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-27, 08:23

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-27, 10:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Next ESPN headline: Izzo and Dantonio condone white supremacy on campus.

Free Press and Detroit News headlines:
East Lansing parties with Richard Spencer in town
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-27, 10:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Next ESPN headline: Izzo and Dantonio condone white supremacy on campus.

Free Press and Detroit News headlines:
East Lansing parties with Richard Spencer in town -- Will Kirk Cousins be attending?

I added a little something there.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 07:45

today's the big day.. a white supremacist and his merry band of "very fine people" are in town.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 07:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:today's the big day.. a white supremacist and his merry band of "very fine people" are in town.

Is it Spring Break?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 08:00

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:today's the big day.. a white supremacist and his merry band of "very fine people" are in town.

Is it Spring Break?
yep.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-05, 08:03

Best thing everyone can do is just avoid it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-05, 08:03

If no one is there, no press coverage, does he still exist?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-05, 08:05

I.B. Fine wrote:If no one is there, no press coverage, does he still exist?
Yes. Problems don’t go away because you bury your head in the sand.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-05, 08:08

I don't know, I just wish people would not go to this or, if they went, they'd just go and turn their back to him silently.  But I"m pretty certain that there will be people there screaming at him.  Just what he wants them to do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 08:09

I.B. Fine wrote:If no one is there, no press coverage, does he still exist?
yeah but the media wants problems. They'll do the best they can to create them.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 08:13

DWags wrote:I don't know, I just wish people would not go to this or, if they went, they'd just go and turn their back to him silently.  But I"m pretty certain that there will be people there screaming at him.  Just what he wants them to do.
MSU and East Lansing has done a good job to marginalize the event of very fine people. It's out at the Ag Pavillion (will make him feel at home.. surrounded by animals.. and then livestock).

there's a bunch of things going on around town, too - All Saints Episcopal Church is hosting a "diversity rally" - food trucks, speakers, a DJ -  White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 502811600  - gonna be basically a festival in the parking lot.

but, yeah, I'm sure the "news" will be at the hate rally of very fine people so everyone can try to get on TV.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-05, 08:19

It's in the Ag Pavilion?

"Richard, we have you slotted to speak between the horse show and the youth poultry event. We have set up an empty stall as your changing room. You have a clean grain buckett and fresh water. We even put new mats in the stall ahead of your arrival!"
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-03-05, 08:30

I saw this on the MSUFCU website last week and had no idea what it could be about as I live a couple of hours from campus:

MSUFCU Alert
Due to the anticipated high volume of traffic in the area of our Farm Lane branch on Monday, March 5, the branch will be closed. The Farm Lane branch will reopen Tuesday, March 6. Our East Lansing and Union branches will remain open for assistance. Additionally, you can access your account through ComputerLine or the mobile app.

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-05, 13:44

Kaitlyn Kelley‏ @kaitlyn13kelley  4m4 minutes ago

Paul Bennett and another protester hold up a banner at the protest. @thesnews
White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 DXi6Yk4XcAEq1Ln
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-05, 13:56

Hey, isn't the second 'S' supposed to be capitalized, not the W?
White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 DUZd7Q0WkAIAAFw
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 15:00

Is Goose going to this?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 15:12

NigelUno wrote:Is Goose going to this?
I'll be at the All Saints Episcopal diversity celebration.

I'll hang out in the parking lot where the events are.. won't go inside. I might catch fire.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 15:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Is Goose going to this?
I'll be at the All Saints Episcopal diversity celebration.

I'll hang out in the parking lot where the events are.. won't go inside. I might catch fire.

Do they have one of those jumpy things?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 15:23

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'll be at the All Saints Episcopal diversity celebration.

Do they have one of those jumpy things?

Bob is surprisingly high strung, so imma say yes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-05, 17:05

Great, riot gear has broken out on TV.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 17:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:Great, riot gear has broken out on TV.

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 502811600 Is this really a surprise? Riot gear is busted out when 10 people are drinking on the sidewalk near cedar village.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-05, 17:10

People getting arrested. Can’t believe take the bait and play right into Spencer’s game plan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-05, 17:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 2 502811600 Is this really a surprise? Riot gear is busted out when 10 people are drinking on the sidewalk near cedar village.

I know, but they have people pinned to the ground just in time for the evening news.

Next time, forget the 1st and claim danger like the last time time MSU got out of it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-05, 17:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

No shit. Most frightened police force in America.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-05, 17:26

It's actually not as bad as I thought, looks like maybe 80-100 people clashing. So that will be 1,000 by the time it hits the national news.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 17:32

The diversity rally is quite peaceful and welcoming.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-05, 17:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's actually not as bad as I thought, looks like maybe 80-100 people clashing. So that will be 1,000 by the time it hits the national news.
You know how I know they're idiots?
They're there. Spencer couldn't hire better stooges to promote himself.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next