Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.

+24
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
MSU addict
Turtleneck
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
MattyFresh
InTenSity
Bill Cain
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
28 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 3 Empty Re: White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-05, 17:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The diversity rally is quite peaceful and welcoming.
What's on tap, Bob?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 3 Empty Re: White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.

Post by DWags 2018-03-05, 17:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's actually not as bad as I thought, looks like maybe 80-100 people clashing. So that will be 1,000 by the time it hits the national news.

Clashing?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 17:36

I.B. Fine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:It's actually not as bad as I thought, looks like maybe 80-100 people clashing. So that will be 1,000 by the time it hits the national news.
You know how I know they're idiots?
They're there. Spencer couldn't hire better stooges to promote himself.

Exactly. If all of those SJWs had simply stayed home there would have been a fizzle. No clashes. No film at 11. No publicity for the jackass. But they can't resist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 17:45

I.B. Fine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:The diversity rally is quite peaceful and welcoming.
What's on tap, Bob?
had a Jack and Stroh's before I got here.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 17:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
What's on tap, Bob?

Really kind of surprised the minister didn’t approach you to say the big fella guy has a warrant out for your eternal detainment.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 17:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
What's on tap, Bob?

Did you put on your hobnailed boots?

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 3 224e9c3bbd42822_boot-sole-800

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 17:53

LooseGoose wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Exactly. If all of those SJWs had simply stayed home there would have been a fizzle. No clashes. No film at 11. No publicity for the jackass. But they can't resist.

So, the news would just totally ignore it? Like...completely? No coverage whatsoever?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-05, 17:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
What's on tap, Bob?
What? no beer? doesn't sound very inclusive to me.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 18:01

Alexandra Ilitch
‏@WLNSAlexandra
32m32 minutes ago
Spencer now referring to the opposition: “let’s be honest, good people are staying away because there’s violence outside.” Said he gave away 3 times the amount of tickets than there are people here right now.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 18:03

Alexandra Ilitch
‏@WLNSAlexandra
39m39 minutes ago
Between media and actual citizens inside the Pavillion listening to Spencer talk... I’d say under 50 people
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-05, 18:08

I just think the protesters would be more effective if they pointed and laughed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 18:08

I.B. Fine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: had a Jack and Stroh's before I got here.
[lolz]

Inside wth EL cops, they told Meadows there's been some bottle throwing, etc. Few arrests. Seem to downplay the very fine people across campus.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-05, 18:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
[lolz]

Inside wth EL cops, they told Meadows there's been some bottle throwing, etc. Few arrests. Seem to downplay the very fine people across campus.
Colons, Bob, not square brackets.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 18:14

NigelUno wrote:Alexandra Ilitch
‏@WLNSAlexandra
39m39 minutes ago
Between media and actual citizens inside the Pavillion listening to Spencer talk... I’d say under 50 people

And that’s not figuring in local, state, and federal undercover LEOs pretending to be regular citizens.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2018-03-05, 18:21; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 18:22

gHost Spartan wrote:Can someone please summarize this I am too lazy to read the entire thread.

No.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-05, 18:22

LooseGoose wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I'm sorry you hate the constitution.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-05, 18:23

‏@WLNSAlexandra
39m39 minutes ago

Should have held the rally at MSG.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 18:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
[lolz]

sorry. I'm inside a church right now.. and very nervous.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 18:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:
sorry. I'm inside a church right now.. and very nervous.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-03-05, 18:32

gHost Spartan wrote:I have no issue allowing that racist fuck to speak but I think that MSU should either require everyone to attend so they can boo the fucker off the stage or encourage no one to actually show up

Email from Engler:

"
To the MSU campus community:

I was shocked, and I am grieved, to learn about the gunfire deaths at Central Michigan University this morning. Mount Pleasant is my hometown and I know the impacts of this tragedy will afflict the entire community.

I offer the deep sympathy of my family and the support of the entire Michigan State University community to our kin, our colleagues, and our friends in Mount Pleasant and at CMU.

Security on campus is the uppermost priority for universities everywhere, including at Michigan State. MSU Police have extensive planning in place for an active shooter incident. Those plans are drilled routinely, including coordinating with people and units across campus.

That planning includes many ways for us to communicate with the campus community, families, visitors, and the public in the event of an emergency. I strongly urge all members of our community to ensure their text, telephone, and email contact information is up to date at alert.msu.edu.

On Wednesday I traveled to Washington, D.C., to brief Michigan’s congressional delegation, alumni, and others on the progress Michigan State University is making in response to the numerous investigations stemming from Larry Nassar’s criminal conduct while at MSU.

Joining me was Jim Blanchard, my fellow former governor, whose DLA Piper law firm is assisting MSU with the five congressional or federal Department of Education inquiries that are underway.

Members of Congress and alumni listened, asked many questions, offered advice, and shared ideas for policies and processes to help with the healing and to protect students, patients, and others from sexual assault and harassment. I reaffirmed our commitment to continue our conversations across the MSU community, thus allowing us to learn from the experiences of survivors and responders to ensure we are creating a Spartan model that respects and treats every single person with dignity.

I was pleased to report to our D.C. audiences that the Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Expert Advisory Workgroup I appointed last week had its first meeting. The workgroup quickly identified and addressed one problem, the need for a new protocol for police notification of the Office of Institutional Equity when investigating a sexual assault complaint. As I explained in my community letter last week, the workgroup will move promptly to recommend solutions when they reach consensus, and we continue to encourage MSU community members to submit suggestions using the online form.

Along the same lines, earlier in the week I presided over my first meeting of the University Council, which convenes the Faculty Senate, college deans, Council of Graduate Students, Associated Students of MSU, and others with administrators, the provost, and the president. I delivered a report about our compliance efforts, answered questions, and heard several students and faculty members urge that their voices be heard in the Board of Trustees’ search for a permanent president.

Looking toward next week, it is unfortunate that MSU will again likely wind up in a national spotlight when a white identity group holds an event Monday afternoon at the MSU Pavilion for Agriculture and Livestock Education. This group has earned notoriety for staging provocative, and sometimes violent, rallies in places like Charlottesville, Virginia, and at the University of Florida.

Freedom of speech protections under the U.S. Constitution prohibit public institutions like Michigan State from denying speakers access to our campus unless they pose an imminent risk. MSU attorneys used mediation to negotiate an agreement that met our requirements that the timing and location of an event that might threaten safety be held so as to minimize the risk of violence or disruption. Our staff found a way to keep safety as a top priority without abrogating First Amendment-protected speech, which in this case is plainly loathsome and in opposition to our values. I want to assure everyone that MSU Police are taking all appropriate security measures.

Michigan State always has recognized the right to free speech, even speech we find repugnant. Diversity of thought and the freedom to represent it and to speak it are essential to fostering scholarly excellence and to maintaining a democratic society. We do not silence people based on who they are or what they think. Yet people are still responsible for what they say and do.

Nobody affiliated with Michigan State invited this small, hateful group, and I doubt they’ll find support. The remarkable accomplishments of our diverse community of scholars expose the fraudulence of their racist rhetoric every day. But they come here hoping to gain energy by provoking reaction to their taunts. If we take the bait—if we return their hate—it only supports the preposterous claims to victimhood that sustain their ideology. They court headlines. They crave confrontation, because without it, their message of hate falls on deaf ears.

Let’s instead register our opposition by depriving them of the attention they desperately seek. For that, and for public safety, I’m urging people to steer clear of the area near the Pavilion. There are other community events that provide much better opportunities to demonstrate who Spartans really are: people motivated by love and inclusion, not hate and exclusion, and dedicated to making a positive difference in the world. For information, go to the MSU Council of Graduate Students event website.

I hope our students enjoy a much-needed spring break next week and that they return ready to enjoy a beautiful Michigan spring and prepared to charge into the final weeks of the semester.

Sincerely,
John Engler
President
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 18:40

DWags wrote:I just think the protesters would be more effective if they pointed and laughed.

Water balloons!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 19:13

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm sorry you hate the constitution.

No, I hate promoting assholes by giving them free publicity - not even close to the same thing. The protesters have every right to be there, never did you see me question that so why accuse me of that?

What I questioned was their wisdom. IF you publicize something you get more of it. That's a proven fact.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 19:16

tGreenWay wrote:
‏@WLNSAlexandra
39m39 minutes ago

And that’s not figuring in local, state, and federal undercover LEOs pretending to be regular citizens.

Probably Spencer, 3 numb heads and everyone else showing the world how woke they are by opposing him. Had they ignored him there would be no story at all. Now tell me how this doesn't work, insult me, then ask Greenie, Floyd or Pantry what happened when the networks stopped showing streakers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 19:36

I was pleased to report to our D.C. audiences that the Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Expert Advisory Workgroup I appointed last week had its first meeting. The workgroup quickly identified and addressed one problem, the need for a new protocol for police notification of the Office of Institutional Equity when investigating a sexual assault complaint. As I explained in my community letter last week, the workgroup will move promptly to recommend solutions when they reach consensus, and we continue to encourage MSU community members to submit suggestions using the online form.

Classic crisis management. Show that your actions have already produced results. And honestly from how some of the investigations were handled this was a problem.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 20:05

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: had a Jack and Stroh's before I got here.

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 3 224e9c3bbd42822_boot-sole-800

I was wearing steel-toed Doc Martens.

:)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-05, 20:11

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Probably Spencer, 3 numb heads and everyone else showing the world how woke they are by opposing him. Had they ignored him there would be no story at all. Now tell me how this doesn't work, insult me, then ask Greenie, Floyd or Pantry what happened when the networks stopped showing streakers.

lol what?
All I did was mention that — of the less than 50 people at the Spencer talk — a few were likely undercover LEOs, meaning it was an even smaller citizenry in attendance.
Otherwise, I haven’t engaged in your little war on the 1st Amendment, so you can relax your backhairs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 20:16

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Networks seem to have a policy of not showing people running around on baseball or football fields. Do you want to know how I know this?

BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE STILL DOING IT.

You might need to revise your theory.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 20:17

gHost Spartan wrote:Gov Engler has the right idea - just tell students to stay away. It's not even worth showing up and giving them the time. Fuck those racist pieces of shit

Even if the racist piece of shit leader said that having people show up stopped some of his racist buddies from coming?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-03-05, 20:40

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Gov Engler has the right idea - just tell students to stay away. It's not even worth showing up and giving them the time. Fuck those racist pieces of shit

Even if the racist piece of shit leader said that having people show up stopped some of his racist buddies from coming?
Yes. Because that racist piece of shit needs an excuse as to why no one wants to hear his message of hate.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 20:41

Your boy Harns was there. Doesn't look like a big group.

https://twitter.com/davidharns/status/970789642520940548?s=21

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 3 DXjwCJoX0AEcgw8

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 3 DXjwBYwW0AAeDW3
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 20:43

MSU addict wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yes. Because that racist piece of shit needs an excuse as to why no one wants to hear his message of hate.

It's easy to be a racist on the internet. It's not so easy when the media and a bunch of people show up who might recognize you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 21:00

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

lol what?
All I did was mention that — of the less than 50 people at the Spencer talk — a few were likely undercover LEOs, meaning it was an even smaller citizenry in attendance.
Otherwise, I haven’t engaged in your little war on the 1st Amendment, so you can relax your backhairs.

I think you misinterpreted i was asking you to verify the drop off in streaking when the networks stopped showing it. Of course someone especially stupid might interpret that as the incidence being reduced to zero which isn't the case, just a large reduction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 21:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I was wearing steel-toed Doc Martens.

Wags sends us boot pics.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-05, 21:05

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

lol what?

I think you misinterpreted i was asking you to verify the drop off in streaking when the networks stopped showing it. Of course someone especially stupid might interpret that as the incidence being reduced to zero which isn't the case, just a large reduction.

Backtracking convention in Mio tonight.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-05, 21:09

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Backtracking convention in Mio tonight.

It's two tracking in Mio, Nigel.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-05, 21:11

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I was wearing steel-toed Doc Martens.

Wags sends us boot pics.
I don't really know how to do that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-05, 21:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Wags sends us boot pics.
I don't really know how to do that.

GreenWay is fishing for an invite to your house, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2018-03-05, 21:52

NigelUno wrote:

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 3 DXjwCJoX0AEcgw8

White Supremacist Richard Spencer gets to speak at MSU after all.     - Page 3 DXjwBYwW0AAeDW3

That guy's suit is fucking terrible Shocked
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 21:56

pulling69 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That guy's suit is fucking terrible Shocked

It's probably his get beat up and go to jail suit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 22:38

Harns wasn’t there, he said he took screenshots from the guys twitter. From your link..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next