Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+35
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
Jethro Bodeen
NWSpartan
AnomanderRake
SawGreen
aualum06
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
NigelUno
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Cameron
MSU addict
Blaine Fabin
steveschneider
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
39 posters

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 17 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-24, 22:22

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

I really don’t know if many of us fully realize what’s going on. Take this snap shot of the mob mentality towards us and let’s see what our university is like in five years. I’ve now heard casual conversations about “I’d never send my kids there”. I’m at the point where I’m not sure it’s reversible. . It’s bad. I really think we need a huge plan to publicly fight this. When was the last time you saw a “Spartans Will” commercial? Anywhere?
People are idiots. "I used to take 1st St home every night, but there was a murder there, and now the police spend more time on that street, so I'm not driving there again. I'll take 2nd St instead." Yeah, that'll make a difference.

So yeah, those people can blissfully send their kids somewhere else, ignorantly thinking that they're any safer. I've been saying it since the OTL report, the media is missing the chance to start a real conversation about a national problem because people don't want to hear that this stuff happens everywhere (Nassar shit doesn't, but sexual assault at colleges is a huge national problem...and to be clear, happening everywhere doesn't make it ok by any means).

As for Spartans Will ads, I can't even imagine the outrage in the media and on Twitter if we were to run ads promoting MSU right now. We'd get destroyed for daring to talk up the University and for spending money that could otherwise go to the victims. It would be as if Engler and a group of football players wearing Rather Hall ski masks raided the prison to bust Nassar out, with Will Gholston twisting the prison guards' hats as Draymond Green punched them in the nuts.

Seriously, though, until the lawsuits are settled, we can't begin to rebuild the brand. And probably for a long while the advertising will have to be pretty much a PSA against sexual assault (not a bad thing, at all).

Nip the lies and bullshit in the bud when it can be, though, but we can only spend so much effort on that before getting criticized for forgetting about Nassar's victims.

I’m with you on the call for a National conversation. The whole thing needs an overhaul. Right now MSU is in the crosshairs. Before too long there will be another school with a massive scandal. I’m not rooting for it, I just think it’s just that no one is addressing the real issues.

So many top athletes got away with assault in college. Peyton Manning was a sick fuck at Tennessee. What about Jameis Winston at FSU? This shit will happen again and again and again...
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 17 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-24, 22:28

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
People are idiots. "I used to take 1st St home every night, but there was a murder there, and now the police spend more time on that street, so I'm not driving there again. I'll take 2nd St instead." Yeah, that'll make a difference.

So yeah, those people can blissfully send their kids somewhere else, ignorantly thinking that they're any safer. I've been saying it since the OTL report, the media is missing the chance to start a real conversation about a national problem because people don't want to hear that this stuff happens everywhere (Nassar shit doesn't, but sexual assault at colleges is a huge national problem...and to be clear, happening everywhere doesn't make it ok by any means).

As for Spartans Will ads, I can't even imagine the outrage in the media and on Twitter if we were to run ads promoting MSU right now. We'd get destroyed for daring to talk up the University and for spending money that could otherwise go to the victims. It would be as if Engler and a group of football players wearing Rather Hall ski masks raided the prison to bust Nassar out, with Will Gholston twisting the prison guards' hats as Draymond Green punched them in the nuts.

Seriously, though, until the lawsuits are settled, we can't begin to rebuild the brand. And probably for a long while the advertising will have to be pretty much a PSA against sexual assault (not a bad thing, at all).

Nip the lies and bullshit in the bud when it can be, though, but we can only spend so much effort on that before getting criticized for forgetting about Nassar's victims.

I’m with you on the call for a National conversation. The whole thing needs an overhaul. Right now MSU is in the crosshairs. Before too long there will be another school with a massive scandal. I’m not rooting for it, I just think it’s just that no one is addressing the real issues.

So many top athletes got away with assault in college. Peyton Manning was a sick fuck at Tennessee. What about Jameis Winston at FSU? This shit will happen again and again and again...

I agree steveschneider

I've often thought...for other fanbases slinging shit right now. Just wait....it's coming to your doorstep. And when it does, you're going to do the whole "I will not condemn until I know all of the facts" thing that many of us have done in the wake of PSU, Baylor, etc. I know this is petty but I particularly can't wait until something horrible happens in AA.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-24, 22:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I agree steveschneider

I've often thought...for other fanbases slinging shit right now. Just wait....it's coming to your doorstep. And when it does, you're going to do the whole "I will not condemn until I know all of the facts" thing that many of us have done in the wake of PSU, Baylor, etc. I know this is petty but I particularly can't wait until something horrible happens in AA.

I’m not rooting for it to happen anywhere, but I’ve just followed college sports for so long to see so much cover up. What about Seveon Pitman? Didn’t he have an incident at OSU and transferred to another school? There’s just so much shit that happems at big time programs and the schools/coaches just stonewall the press and the story just does on the vine.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-24, 22:38

Yeah I mean I'm not ROOTING for it, it's just if it has to happen somewhere I'd be ok if it happened there. Obviously I don't want anyone to be assaulted.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-24, 22:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't know guys. I don't think the media headlines were warranted here but I'm just saying you KNOW they're going to do it, you know you can't stop it, so why let it bother you?

Idiots are going to look at this and scream RAPE CULTURE! And yes, that's what the media wants.

But to the more astute observer willing to distill the information, I also think it's totally fair at this point to say hmm, these emails came across the desk of people in power at MSU and given what we know, it's fair to question their handling of this. Sounds like we didn't recruit anyone from that program in a long time. Maybe there should have been some kind of official stance in that regard. Maybe not. Maybe they should have elevated the accusations to someone on the chain. Maybe not. Fair to ask because there have been repeated failures in MSU's response to things like this that have come to light. We weren't prepared or set up to handle shit correctly and when the shit hit the fan, we failed. Badly. So you can't tell me it's not news at all. I'm an alum. I'm trying to tune a lot of this out but this was interesting to me, so it's news.

And it's also completely fair, whether you like it or not, to wonder what the fuck is going on in the Athletic department and yes that includes revenue sports. I'm particularly weirded out about basketball. I know Izzo is a good guy but what kind of kids is he recruiting and what is he telling them? Or not telling them? In 10 years there are 3 accusations of gang rape. That's fucked up. I know all of the facts of the Appling/Payne thing, trust me. And there's nothing official on the other 2...but still...can you remove yourself enough to say what the fuck? That's pretty fucked up.? Not that many kids come through the basketball program, unlike football. What, 15 a year, maybe 30% turnover year to year? So 90 kids in 10 years and 3 gang rape accusations?

And stuff due process up your butthole if you're going to tell me the things that females can do to keep themselves safe and avoid these kind of situations. Cuz I have a list of things that males on campus can do to avoid these kind of situations as well and apparently those in our B-ball and football programs haven't done those things very diligently.

Does it tie to Nassar directly? Fuck no. Indirectly? Yeah maybe a little. This is the point even if the media wants to get everyone in a frenzy. Maybe, probably there is and was something there in our leadership and processes that we had set up that let some stuff go unchecked that should have been checked.

And it's not mutually exclusive that this can be true and Dantonio can be super religious and Izzo can be a great guy and Cole Chewins and Miles Bridges can be great kids raised with the right morals. I think it's time alums, even the top 5%ers realize that something is/was off and it needs fixing. Maybe it's not always the media's fault. It's not OUR fault and we can still love our University but hey, some people fucked up and we gotta do better.

I agree with a lot of your takes on the mistakes at MSU. I guess the only thing that grinds my gears about the otl and stories like today’s USA Today column is that the truth matters. I can handle bad news I just think they need to get it right.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-25, 04:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't know guys. I don't think the media headlines were warranted here but I'm just saying you KNOW they're going to do it, you know you can't stop it, so why let it bother you?

Idiots are going to look at this and scream RAPE CULTURE! And yes, that's what the media wants.

But to the more astute observer willing to distill the information, I also think it's totally fair at this point to say hmm, these emails came across the desk of people in power at MSU and given what we know, it's fair to question their handling of this. Sounds like we didn't recruit anyone from that program in a long time. Maybe there should have been some kind of official stance in that regard. Maybe not. Maybe they should have elevated the accusations to someone on the chain. Maybe not. Fair to ask because there have been repeated failures in MSU's response to things like this that have come to light. We weren't prepared or set up to handle shit correctly and when the shit hit the fan, we failed. Badly. So you can't tell me it's not news at all. I'm an alum. I'm trying to tune a lot of this out but this was interesting to me, so it's news.

And it's also completely fair, whether you like it or not, to wonder what the fuck is going on in the Athletic department and yes that includes revenue sports. I'm particularly weirded out about basketball. I know Izzo is a good guy but what kind of kids is he recruiting and what is he telling them? Or not telling them? In 10 years there are 3 accusations of gang rape. That's fucked up. I know all of the facts of the Appling/Payne thing, trust me. And there's nothing official on the other 2...but still...can you remove yourself enough to say what the fuck? That's pretty fucked up.? Not that many kids come through the basketball program, unlike football. What, 15 a year, maybe 30% turnover year to year? So 90 kids in 10 years and 3 gang rape accusations?

And stuff due process up your butthole if you're going to tell me the things that females can do to keep themselves safe and avoid these kind of situations. Cuz I have a list of things that males on campus can do to avoid these kind of situations as well and apparently those in our B-ball and football programs haven't done those things very diligently.

Does it tie to Nassar directly? Fuck no. Indirectly? Yeah maybe a little. This is the point even if the media wants to get everyone in a frenzy. Maybe, probably there is and was something there in our leadership and processes that we had set up that let some stuff go unchecked that should have been checked.

And it's not mutually exclusive that this can be true and Dantonio can be super religious and Izzo can be a great guy and Cole Chewins and Miles Bridges can be great kids raised with the right morals. I think it's time alums, even the top 5%ers realize that something is/was off and it needs fixing. Maybe it's not always the media's fault. It's not OUR fault and we can still love our University but hey, some people fucked up and we gotta do better.

Ok long assessment and hey we fucked up and yeah let’s do better.

I’ll say it again. I don’t think we realize what’s happening here. If we don’t have a plan at MSU to publicly fight this, our school will be drastically different in five years. And if we as alumni don’t give a fuck that’s fine. I honestly think it’s too late anyway. We cant stop this. And if Engker tries even some of us yell for him to stop. So yeah, we get what we get. If we’re not going to mount an all out truth assault, let’s let national publications call us a cess pool. If i was anybody else, I’d think you couldn’t walk our campus past high noon. And all of us are just talking to each other, so it doesn’t matter. Five years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-25, 04:49

DWags wrote:

Ok long assessment and hey we fucked up and yeah let’s do better.

I’ll say it again. I don’t think we realize what’s happening here. If we don’t have a plan at MSU to publicly fight this, our school will be drastically different in five years. And if we as alumni don’t give a fuck that’s fine. I honestly think it’s too late anyway. We cant stop this. And if Engker tries even some of us yell for him to stop. So yeah, we get what we get. If we’re not going to mount an all out truth assault, let’s let national publications call us a cess pool. If i was anybody else, I’d think you couldn’t walk our campus past high noon. And all of us are just talking to each other, so it doesn’t matter. Five years.

You're too wrapped up in this, bro. Take a step back.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-25, 07:54

So many top schools exhaling today because the media is ignoring their involvement with Rick Butler and focusing on one school.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-25, 09:30

Wags I think you're wrong and too emotionally invested. Right now is a very poor look for the school and you probably would not be wise to take a job teaching there. It may affect enrollment slightly for a year or two. Long term if MSU addresses the problems seriously (and it seems like a mixed bag to me somewhat so far) MSU will be stronger for it. We need to get the right President in place after the settlement and move forward and everything will be fine.

I think Engler was brought in primarily to make sure that the University remains financially solvent through this mess and I guess that's what we're getting. I get it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 09:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wags I think you're wrong and too emotionally invested. Right now is a very poor look for the school and you probably would not be wise to take a job teaching there. It may affect enrollment slightly for a year or two. Long term if MSU addresses the problems seriously (and it seems like a mixed bag to me somewhat so far) MSU will be stronger for it. We need to get the right President in place after the settlement and move forward and everything will be fine.

I think Engler was brought in primarily to make sure that the University remains financially solvent through this mess and I guess that's what we're getting. I get it.
I agree with this, for the most part.

Yes, Engler has screwed up a few things.. but, overall, he was brought in to the The Wolf - Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction - come in, get everyone on the same page, clean up the house and make sure the financial flow keeps coming in.

yeah, it'll suck in the short term. Was out to dinner Friday night at the Peanut Barrel with some folks 'in the know' - we all agreed that, if handled properly, MSU will come out of this stronger..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-25, 10:05

Fuck the mob.

Call it too emotionally invested but no one wrongly attacks me or mine and goes unanswered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-25, 10:06

I know my heart and no matter how many times you puke up pure bullshit about me I know better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-04-25, 11:19

Though some of the articles about this are sensational, I read a couple that stick to the facts and don't make any wild assumptions about MSU regarding Rick Butler, and I can honestly say MSU fucked up here.

If we stick to the facts, post 1995ish after Rick Butler reluctantly admitted to having sex with the 3 former players that accused him of rape, every institution/organization that maintained working relationships with him deserves criticism for not meeting basic ethics standards, unfortunately this includes MSU (among many other schools). His career should have ended then and there with his suspension from coaching (which for some reason he was reinstated several years later).

If I can relate this to the business world for a moment. I would never knowingly source from a supplier that cannot be trusted, with a pattern/history of ethics violations. In fact it is my responsibility to vet and audit suppliers for potential ethics issues or other illegal activities. In my opinion, schools and coaches should have at least equal (if not greater) ethics standards than businesses.

Due diligence would have made Rick Butler's past known to MSU staff (there's no way MSU staff didn't know about it), and maintaining a working relationship with him was wrong, pure and simple. The fact that it took multiple decades, and plenty of outside pressure, for MSU and other institutions to sever their relationships with this man is pathetic.

Should other schools and institutions be criticized for enabling this man to continue coaching? Yes absolutely, but unfortunately anything remotely traceable back to MSU will result in a MSU focused spin in the media, and that won't be changing any time soon.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-25, 11:46

LooseGoose wrote:Fuck the mob.

Call it too emotionally invested but no one wrongly attacks me or mine and goes unanswered.

Yeah, I'm tired about the "too emotionally involved" line.  Fuck that.   Too emotionally involved to call something out if it's wrong?   MSU is a Cess pool of abuse and indifference"?   Honestly, 99% of the professors, the departments, the administrators, the students, the supporting staff have always, and continue to do the right thing. 

Here is what gets me.   Mastercard.  Drops 45 million dollar program because of "articles in the press" and that "they don't want to send students to a campus that isn't safe".  Holy shit.  If I say, know what?  First, MSU can teach and educate those students to go back to Africa and grow better crops, and feed more people, and help the world.   Second, MSU is not a cess pool of danger and rape U as the media is portraying us to be.   If being too emotional thinks that cutting that program because of "articles in the media" is wrong, then I'm too emotional.  We can fucking help feed the world and yet, a program that has nothing to do with any of the bull shit is cut.   this has nothing to do with football or basketball, or victims.  It, however, is a victim because of the hysteria surrounding what indeed is a horrific person and episode in MSU's history.   

Goose, I know I'm only talking to you here, because I don't think too many others have that attitude.  I was always told by my pops to work hard in silence, let your success be your voice.  But what happens to programs that are great programs that will start dropping away from a university whose mission is to educate as many in as far away spots as we can?  Research dollars start drying up, our outreach starts getting thinner and many programs will suffer. Not just one.   I think to many, they believe this is about football and basketball to me.  But, like you, I grew up with MSU just sucking trash, it doens't matter to me if that's what happens to those programs, everything in sports is cyclical.  But I'm not confident MSU comes back as one of the best universities in the world. So, call me too emotional, I don't give a shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 12:08

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Fuck the mob.

Yeah, I'm tired about the "too emotionally involved" line.  Fuck that.   Too emotionally involved to call something out if it's wrong?   MSU is a Cess pool of abuse and indifference"?   Honestly, 99% of the professors, the departments, the administrators, the students, the supporting staff have always, and continue to do the right thing. 

Here is what gets me.   Mastercard.  Drops 45 million dollar program because of "articles in the press" and that "they don't want to send students to a campus that isn't safe".  Holy shit.  If I say, know what?  First, MSU can teach and educate those students to go back to Africa and grow better crops, and feed more people, and help the world.   Second, MSU is not a cess pool of danger and rape U as the media is portraying us to be.   If being too emotional thinks that cutting that program because of "articles in the media" is wrong, then I'm too emotional.  We can fucking help feed the world and yet, a program that has nothing to do with any of the bull shit is cut.   this has nothing to do with football or basketball, or victims.  It, however, is a victim because of the hysteria surrounding what indeed is a horrific person and episode in MSU's history.   

Goose, I know I'm only talking to you here, because I don't think too many others have that attitude.  I was always told by my pops to work hard in silence, let your success be your voice.  But what happens to programs that are great programs that will start dropping away from a university whose mission is to educate as many in as far away spots as we can?  Research dollars start drying up, our outreach starts getting thinner and many programs will suffer. Not just one.   I think to many, they believe this is about football and basketball to me.  But, like you, I grew up with MSU just sucking trash, it doens't matter to me if that's what happens to those programs, everything in sports is cyclical.  But I'm not confident MSU comes back as one of the best universities in the world. So, call me too emotional, I don't give a shit.
I always get a kick out of multi-billion dollar corporations pretending to have a moral framework based on headlines.. and "articles in the press".

my suspicion is that they redirected their 45 million dollars to a scheme designed to work in dark, closed-off, smoke-filled rooms to disenfranchise and bankrupt Americans while padding their own pockets.  Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-25, 12:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I always get a kick out of multi-billion dollar corporations pretending to have a moral framework based on headlines.. and "articles in the press".

my suspicion is that they redirected their 45 million dollars to a scheme designed to work in dark, closed-off, smoke-filled rooms to disenfranchise and bankrupt Americans while padding their own pockets.  Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I suspected that the stories gave them an out.  I have to believe that they're asking "why did we start doing this, cause MSU was kicking some ass with the program. So how do you drop it?   Well, that landed in their lap.   And the board room there got a nice little 500K boost for next chrismas.   Nice.   

Thing is, it's a program that has to be shut down.  And man, it sounded like a great program.  In science, in agriculture, in state relations.  Heaven knows our State department is being gutted and America's reputation is being hurt because of it.  But yeah, here's what they said:

"The Mastercard Foundation is dedicated to providing a safe environment for young people who participate in our programs," an emailed statement from the foundation began. "Due to extensive media reporting about issues involving Michigan State University (MSU), the Foundation has lost confidence in our partnership with the university."
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 12:46

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yeah, I suspected that the stories gave them an out.  I have to believe that they're asking "why did we start doing this, cause MSU was kicking some ass with the program. So how do you drop it?   Well, that landed in their lap.   And the board room there got a nice little 500K boost for next chrismas.   Nice.   

Thing is, it's a program that has to be shut down.  And man, it sounded like a great program.  In science, in agriculture, in state relations.  Heaven knows our State department is being gutted and America's reputation is being hurt because of it.  But yeah, here's what they said:

"The Mastercard Foundation is dedicated to providing a safe environment for young people who participate in our programs," an emailed statement from the foundation began. "Due to extensive media reporting about issues involving Michigan State University (MSU), the Foundation has lost confidence in our partnership with the university."
wow - they sound like a great bunch of people.. with their finger on the pulse of an altruistic humanity designed to collectively make the world a better place with no fiscal interest of their own involved.

Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-25, 12:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

wow - they sound like a great bunch of people.. with their finger on the pulse of an altruistic humanity designed to collectively make the world a better place with no fiscal interest of their own involved.

Rolling Eyes

I guess that's my point Bob.  There are many on this board, who love MSU, (I think) who just advocate shutting up and not fighting back.  I understand that if we do, we have to do it in a manner that doesn't make us look worse, and I wish, we'd spend some money on public relations.  But losing a program like that due "media stories", and you know more than most, that East Lansing in no more or no less dangerous than any city that size. But, the media is dictating what will now happen to MSU.   I'm in favor of firing back.   But doing it in the right way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 13:03

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I guess that's my point Bob.  There are many on this board, who love MSU, (I think) who just advocate shutting up and not fighting back.  I understand that if we do, we have to do it in a manner that doesn't make us look worse, and I wish, we'd spend some money on public relations.  But losing a program like that due "media stories", and you know more than most, that East Lansing in no more or no less dangerous than any city that size. But, the media is dictating what will now happen to MSU.   I'm in favor of firing back.   But doing it in the right way.
I agree completely.

as I've been saying throughout the last part of this thread, I think MSU will eventually be a better place because of all of this. The media, who I have absolutely no regard for, are like vultures for now. Granted, MSU has given them some things to feed on, but we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, too.

I think you and I are on the same page for the most part. And, yes, I wouldn't be sending my daughter to MSU in a few months if I had any concerns regarding her safety. I'm fairly well-connected in a lot of ways and I actually think MSU is more safe than it's ever been right now. Staff, faculty and adminstrators are operating on a higher sense of awareness - justifiably so.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-25, 13:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I agree completely.

as I've been saying throughout the last part of this thread, I think MSU will eventually be a better place because of all of this. The media, who I have absolutely no regard for, are like vultures for now. Granted, MSU has given them some things to feed on, but we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, too.

I think you and I are on the same page for the most part. And, yes, I wouldn't be sending my daughter to MSU in a few months if I had any concerns regarding her safety. I'm fairly well-connected in a lot of ways and I actually think MSU is more safe than it's ever been right now. Staff, faculty and adminstrators are operating on a higher sense of awareness - justifiably so.

MSU has a PR problem, more than they have an actual problem.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 13:17

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I agree completely.

MSU has a PR problem, more than they have an actual problem.
I don't disagree with that. Whoever Engler brought in to run the PR doesn't seem to know much about PR.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 14:10

from the Lansing State Urinal..

Amanda Thomashow, the MSU graduate who in 2014 reported sexual abuse by Larry Nassar to the university, said she is considering a run for Michigan State University trustee.

heck, I think that's pretty awesome.

Woman Who Reported Nassar Considering Run for MSU Trustee
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-25, 14:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:from the Lansing State Urinal..

Amanda Thomashow, the MSU graduate who in 2014 reported sexual abuse by Larry Nassar to the university, said she is considering a run for Michigan State University trustee.

What are her qualifications?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-04-25, 15:06

Can she pass the elbow test?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-25, 15:29

Da Mayor wrote:

Trustees have qualifications?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-25, 15:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Eating ribs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-25, 15:41

Da Mayor wrote:

She'd be the BOT version of Trump.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-04-25, 15:43

Anyone can consider a run, but essentially the only way to get on the ballot is to be nominated by one of the political parties.

Because of straight ticket voting in Michigan - the only realistic way to get elected is to be nominated by either the Democratic or Republican party.

It is a truly wonderful system as evidenced by our obviously qualified and simply outstanding slate of current trustees.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-04-25, 16:14

Da Mayor wrote:What are her qualifications?

Perles was fired by the University, then sued MSU, dropped the suit and go the ultimate revenge by being elected to the BOT.

I'm pretty sure that Thomashow is as qualified as a football coach, likely more qualified. But she will struggle to pass the GOB test (good 'ol boy)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-25, 16:45

NigelUno wrote:

Eating ribs.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 17 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-25, 16:48

MSU addict wrote:

Anyone can consider a run, but essentially the only way to get on the ballot is to be nominated by one of the political parties.

Because of straight ticket voting in Michigan - the only realistic way to get elected is to be nominated by either the Democratic or Republican party.

It is a truly wonderful system as evidenced by our obviously qualified and simply outstanding slate of current trustees.
Straight ticket voters will only carry you so far. Simply being the incumbent is the easiest way to get elected. If it's an open seat, however, you need to have the first letter of your name higher in the alphabet than your opponent. That, or have a name that most people recognize, even if they don't know why they recognize it. You know, the important things.

Despite being somewhat of a known name, there are Nassar victims whose names are much more well known, or have become more well known since this started, and with the last name of Thomashow, odds are that her opponent will end up listed first on the ballot. Maybe they can get Simone Biles to run?

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-25, 17:24

NigelUno wrote:

Eating ribs.

Ok, that’s funny, but I don’t know if you guys realized what kind of fund raiser he was. I’m separated from it now, but the list of millionaires and billionaires that guy knew was legendary. He should have let it go, but he twisted a lot of arms in his day. I know nothing of Ferguson but I think he also has a pretty huge donor list. The trustees that I knew were qualified in getting things done by knowing people. I really see the new board turning MSU into a university version what Marilee Dean did with our athletic department. It’s the climate we’ve put ourselves in. I know some here have said MSU might be “stronger”. In what manner? I’d like them to finish that sentence and tell me how the new board gets us there. The myth that these people did little and only serviced sports is well spread and if we all believe it to be true, then let’s throw them all out and elect new people who will move us ahead. I have my opinion what’s going to happen. Let’s see. Hope the guys who say we’re going to be strong get to back it up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-25, 17:24

Wally Fairway wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:What are her qualifications?

Perles was fired by the University, then sued MSU, dropped the suit and go the ultimate revenge by being elected to the BOT.

I'm pretty sure that Thomashow is as qualified as a football coach, likely more qualified. But she will struggle to pass the GOB test (good 'ol boy)

I really don't want any feminazis on the board.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-25, 17:42

Da Mayor wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

Hot take.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-25, 17:52

Also here’s some news. Penn State had a 109 million dollar insurance policy fo 30 victims. MSU has a 39 million dollar insurance policy for 300 victims. It’s going to cost us 500 million. Bob, what’s tuition going to look like in three years? POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 17 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-04-25, 18:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Straight ticket voters will only carry you so far. Simply being the incumbent is the easiest way to get elected. If it's an open seat, however, you need to have the first letter of your name higher in the alphabet than your opponent. That, or have a name that most people recognize, even if they don't know why they recognize it. You know, the important things.

Despite being somewhat of a known name, there are Nassar victims whose names are much more well known, or have become more well known since this started, and with the last name of Thomashow, odds are that her opponent will end up listed first on the ballot. Maybe they can get Simone Biles to run?

In Michigan roughly 50% of ballots cast are straight ticket. Roughly 60% of votes cast for Michigan State Trustees are straight ticket votes (not everyone votes this item, but all straight ticket voters do).

I believe in Michigan partisan elections, candidates are listed first by party (based on the number of votes the party received in the last election for secretary of state). Alphabetically only within the party if more than one spot is open.

Again if you want to win a MSU BOT election you essentially must be nominated by either the Republican or Democratic party. Maybe that is what she is fishing for - but these spots typically go to party loyalist as a reward.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-25, 18:57

tGreenWay wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Hot take.

Please don't speak unless I address you.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-25, 19:38

Da Mayor wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Hot take.

Please stop stealing my material.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-25, 19:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

You seem delusional, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-25, 19:54

Da Mayor wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You seem delusional, bro.

I can see why you need to steal lines from others; your own posts are so repetitive and boring.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next