Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

+24
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
J T
Clarett's Folly
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
MSU addict
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
Keith Stone
steveschneider
Izzo Court
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
Rocinante
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
28 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 Empty Re: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-21, 23:58

What’s his fucking job? I don’t think this is even a case of who’s right and who’s wrong because there are not 2 logical sides to this. Sports writers are fucking cowards and still wear undershirts under button ups with awkward pleated slacks.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 Empty Re: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-21, 23:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What’s his fucking job? I don’t think this is even a case of who’s right and who’s wrong because there are not 2 logical sides to this. Sports writers are fucking cowards and still wear undershirts under button ups with awkward pleated slacks.

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 502811600
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-22, 00:06

I wear an undershirt under button ups Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 1811933421
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 00:18

Nordic wrote:I wear an undershirt under button ups Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 1811933421

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 1bf81a10
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-02-22, 00:20

Killed it gHost Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 1486952199 Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 3493939353
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-02-22, 08:44

MattyFresh wrote:I cannot confirm this but I am guessing ghost is getting a Christmas card from my mom

Okay now I get it, we should be asking gHost for pictures of your mom.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 08:50

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 502811600

Sorry

Matt Charbaneau from the Detroit news was asked why ghost could pick apart the otl story when paid journalists can’t do it even though that’s their job. Matt says it’s not his job to say who is right and wrong. Even though he had problems with the story.

.... yet he wouldn’t say it. Ghost did. Ghost kicked his ass.

I just don't understand that viewpoint - you cover MSU and what happens is directly related to your job. Such a bullshit response

I agree it's BS. A reporter's job is to uncover truth. If the reporter knowingly, based on facts, does not discredit another report then that reporter has a weak spine.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 09:57

gHost Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I agree it's BS. A reporter's job is to uncover truth. If the reporter knowingly, based on facts, does not discredit another report then that reporter has a weak spine.

He presumably attended the Jones Day / Corley et al presser in June 2017, knew of the existence of the report, but remained SILENT as ESPN attacked Coach D and Izzo - to me that's despicable. Fuck that noise.

None of those motherfuckers could write an article and say, "While, the ESPN OTL raises some questions about MSU's handling of sexual assault allegations, MSU did hire Jones Day to conduct an institutional investigation of Dantonio's handling of the Corley, King, Vance case, and later included Robertson. We can only speculate as to why ESPN failed to mention the Jones Day Report, which found that Dantonio handled responded in accordance with MSU policy."

There you go. So simple. So succinct. So factual. You should tweet it to that spineless Detroit News writer (not using the term reporter any more for him).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 09:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

I just don't understand that viewpoint - you cover MSU and what happens is directly related to your job. Such a bullshit response

I’ve seen MSU fans livid with our beat writers for not going after ESPN.

I’ve seen UofM fans livid at our reporters because they believe they are biased Spartan fans afraid to go after the coaches.

Both Couch and Solari have done stuff to either speak out or blow a hole in the ESPN story. Yesterday Solari retweeted the freep story that shows the Pulse story coming out today is for the most part old news. That’s pretty big.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 10:07

You know who I would have expected to come out with a point by point, well researched piece - similar to g's - because he is actually a very good, thorough reporter? Comp. He didn't though. He's been mostly silent, even on the boards.

I think it goes back to that "not sitting right" feeling I've been alluding to. gHost (and all of us really) are on the side of not hurting people's reputations without evidence. But at the end of the day - it's sexual assault, it's rape, it's violence against women - it's a very sensitive subject and these guys probably know deep down that it might be professional suicide to publicly challenge any accuser in that arena. Especially in today's day and age with the social media mob.

Hell I know Izzo is a much bigger fish than Chris Solari but look at the outrage and ire that was directed at him for a slip of the tongue, and that was before the OTL stuff came out. 20+ years of impeccable, unimpeachable character and it was forgotten in a heartbeat. One of these journo fools writes something in an article or tweets something that comes off wrong and seems like it's challenging or blaming an accuser? And the mob picks up on it? I could easily see that leading to them losing their job and for the most part being blackballed.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 10:08

So yeah...cowards is probably fair.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 10:28

Just listened to Todd Heywood’s interview with Ryan’s schulling. Starts at 46:30. Pretty good listen.
https://www.spreaker.com/user/5707063/tsr-feb-21-2018
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-22, 10:30

I just found this, I think it used to belong to Charbaneau
Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT3O0ar8_-G5hkX-p-spVNeRVinT-aBJm3tVb8J3vqbAeMltf4jw

...though it could be any of the MSU 'beat' reporters.

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-22, 10:35; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 10:30

The Appling/Payne thing is quite infuriating. Let's be honest, more so because of Payne. We heard lots of stories about what kind of kid Payne was. It comes through in his willingness to speak with detectives and in watching that interview. And his story about what happened, he was kind of the "peacemaker" in that whole ordeal. I'm not in any way insinuating that Appling is guilty but it sounds like if anyone was pushing the boundaries, it was him.

BUT all of that said - if you are truly to believe that these guys are guilty and Izzo mishandled the situation you have to believe:

A. The Prosecutor's Office was motivated/influenced to not charge and make that "no crime has been committed" statement. (Not being the wildest scope of anyone's imagination considering SDIII and the DRR now working for MSU). But ALSO

B. MSU's Title IX Office bungled the case above and beyond waiting too long to start an investigation (again not entirely beyond doubt considering the Nassar investigation). But ALSO

C. The independent firm hired to investigate the situation bungled their investigation. And ALSO

D. The OCR who investigated and adopted the findings of C was bungled or corrupt.

These are not OR statements they're AND statements. All of them would have to be true. Am I missing something there gHost or did I get that mostly correct?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 10:36

I.B. Fine wrote:I just found this, I think it used to belong to Charbaneau
Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT3O0ar8_-G5hkX-p-spVNeRVinT-aBJm3tVb8J3vqbAeMltf4jw

...though it could be any of the MSU 'beat' reporters.

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 10:37

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You know who I would have expected to come out with a point by point, well researched piece - similar to g's - because he is actually a very good, thorough reporter? Comp. He didn't though. He's been mostly silent, even on the boards.

I think it goes back to that "not sitting right" feeling I've been alluding to. gHost (and all of us really) are on the side of not hurting people's reputations without evidence. But at the end of the day - it's sexual assault, it's rape, it's violence against women - it's a very sensitive subject and these guys probably know deep down that it might be professional suicide to publicly challenge any accuser in that arena. Especially in today's day and age with the social media mob.

Hell I know Izzo is a much bigger fish than Chris Solari but look at the outrage and ire that was directed at him for a slip of the tongue, and that was before the OTL stuff came out. 20+ years of impeccable, unimpeachable character and it was forgotten in a heartbeat. One of these journo fools writes something in an article or tweets something that comes off wrong and seems like it's challenging or blaming an accuser? And the mob picks up on it? I could easily see that leading to them losing their job and for the most part being blackballed.
I think that you've actually had the most intellectual takes on this whole issue and you have been both sensitive toward the subject matter and cognizant of the sexual assault issues EVERYWHERE, you've also been like hey fuck this - present both sides, don't wreck people's lives. It's such bullshit.

My take on Lavigne is that she believes Appling and Payne are guilty and that's why she included that as part of her segment. That is wholly unfair. We all *know* OJ was guilty, but that's a lot different. Truth is, we don't know what happened, no one but the three of them know, but the findings weigh in favor of Appling and Payne.

And yes, ESPN's lawyers are probably all reading through these threads.... lol

If anyone was an honest broker they would separate the Appling/Payne case from all the others for a variety of reasons.

And I'll specify a few here since I don't really gaf about the mob.

1) It's pretty likely there wasn't a crime.
2) It's actually as likely they were naive 18 year olds being led into a rabbit hole by an older woman.
3) It seems as though MSU handled everything correctly and if anything they erred on the side of the accuser.
4) Even discounting the history of the accuser at GVSU - just being knowledgeable of her actions at MSU would make a neutral observer VERY suspicious of her motives.

IF I were Lavigne/Redmond/Allswede/Heywood I would find a different case to use, with an apparent crime and a mishandled reaction, this one isn't it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 10:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Appling/Payne thing is quite infuriating. Let's be honest, more so because of Payne. We heard lots of stories about what kind of kid Payne was. It comes through in his willingness to speak with detectives and in watching that interview. And his story about what happened, he was kind of the "peacemaker" in that whole ordeal. I'm not in any way insinuating that Appling is guilty but it sounds like if anyone was pushing the boundaries, it was him.

BUT all of that said - if you are truly to believe that these guys are guilty and Izzo mishandled the situation you have to believe:

A. The Prosecutor's Office was motivated/influenced to not charge and make that "no crime has been committed" statement. (Not being the wildest scope of anyone's imagination considering SDIII and the DRR now working for MSU). But ALSO

B. MSU's Title IX Office bungled the case above and beyond waiting too long to start an investigation (again not entirely beyond doubt considering the Nassar investigation). But ALSO

C. The independent firm hired to investigate the situation bungled their investigation. And ALSO

D. The OCR who investigated and adopted the findings of C was bungled or corrupt.

These are not OR statements they're AND statements. All of them would have to be true. Am I missing something there gHost or did I get that mostly correct?

So this is the counter argument if I’m understanding correctly? I guess there has to be another “side” to this but i haven’t been able to find it.. also curious if there is anything else missing.. for people who have put a lot more time into this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 10:41

steveschneider wrote:Just listened to Todd Heywood’s interview with Ryan’s schulling. Starts at 46:30. Pretty good listen.

Agreed, good listen and I don't think I disagree with anything Heywood said.

I have a problem with him saying that he was the one broke the story on the "Appling-Payne rape". How about accusation, or situation, or alleged?

Second, I thought Harns tweeted that Gretchen Whitmer had already examined the sex cases that SDIII had been involved in and found no evidence of misconduct?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 10:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just listened to Todd Heywood’s interview with Ryan’s schulling. Starts at 46:30. Pretty good listen.

I have a problem with him saying that he was the one broke the story on the "Appling-Payne rape". How about accusation, or situation, or alleged?

Second, I thought Harns tweeted that Gretchen Whitmer had already examined the sex cases that SDIII had been involved in and found no evidence of misconduct?

I have a problem with Schuiling asking a reporter whether or not SDIII's case history should be reviewed. He's not qualified to answer that question.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 10:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I have a problem with Schuiling asking a reporter whether or not SDIII's case history should be reviewed. He's not qualified to answer that question.

And the problems with him and Redmond blaming Dunnings? Dunnings is a scUM Grad with a known dislike of MSU. He didn't decide on this case. I was corrected about this by Dersh on tob. The 2 women prosecutors in charge of sex crimes decided not to prosecute and Dunnings concurred. So *3* prosecutors agreed there was no case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 10:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Appling/Payne thing is quite infuriating. Let's be honest, more so because of Payne. We heard lots of stories about what kind of kid Payne was. It comes through in his willingness to speak with detectives and in watching that interview. And his story about what happened, he was kind of the "peacemaker" in that whole ordeal. I'm not in any way insinuating that Appling is guilty but it sounds like if anyone was pushing the boundaries, it was him.

So this is the counter argument if I’m understanding correctly? I guess there has to be another “side” to this but i haven’t been able to find it.. also curious if there is anything else missing.. for people who have put a lot more time into this.

Honestly most of the people who are doing the counter arguing aren't likely informed enough to understand the nuances about the number of investigations and who the investigating parties were. But yeah I mean, I'll wait for gHost's confirmation but I think you pretty much have to believe all of those things to be true to think that MSU fucked that situation up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 10:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

And the problems with him and Redmond blaming Dunnings? Dunnings is a scUM Grad with a known dislike of MSU. He didn't decide on this case. I was corrected about this by Dersh on tob. The 2 women prosecutors in charge of sex crimes decided not to prosecute and Dunnings concurred. So *3* prosecutors agreed there was no case.

It's a fair question even though he's not qualified to answer, he's qualified to give his opinion. And the Dunnings/UM stuff is mostly hearsay, stuff bandied about on message boards for years. Yes, he went to grad school (I think?) at UM and was a UM hoops season ticket holder (per Rexrode) but that doesn't mean he fervently prosecuted MSU athletes. That's a straw man.

I've said it for months but if there's a true smoking gun here that worries me (and not just in regards to this case), it's SDIII and his relationship with Ferguson. I'm not alleging anything, I haven't really heard anything concrete but it's in the back of my mind.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 10:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I thought it was a fair opinion. I guess my only call out to that response was didn't all his cases get reviewed by his successor and they found no wrong doings? I'm pretty sure that is the case.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 10:59

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I thought it was a fair opinion. I guess my only call out to that response was didn't all his cases get reviewed by his successor and they found no wrong doings? I'm pretty sure that is the case.

I found the tweet.

https://twitter.com/DavidHarns/status/965812354528284678

David Harns‏
@DavidHarns
Following Following @DavidHarns
More
Replying to @JasonColthorp @msuugajoe
Debra Bouck and Lisa McCormick made the decision. After Dunnings was in jail, Gretchen Whitmer reviewed his cases to make sure there weren't issues. She said there wasn't. FWIW.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 11:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's a fair question even though he's not qualified to answer, he's qualified to give his opinion.

There are too many unintelligent people who will hear that opinion as legal fact without being able to draw the distinction that it is very likely the opinion of someone not qualified to answer the question.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 11:04

Ghost, what is the Student B case exactly? Is that the student from the Walton and two other basketball player case that was reported to Hollis?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 11:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Just coming to say this. They keep using those terms which perpetuates the “climate and culture” image to those of us who have read in depth the information that is out there. They’ve ruined Tom Izzo’s image. No getting that back. As wreckkess as you can be.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 12:06

This Heywood guy clearly thinks there should have been charges. I was researching some of the Whitmer-Dunning stuff and came across this, written by him.

http://lansingcitypulse.com/article-15750-Possible-prosecution.html

The two men, as freshmen, were accused of sexually assaulting Carolyn Schaner in August of 2010. Despite a video recorded interview with investigators in which Payne appears to substantially support Schaner’s detailed allegations, Dunnings declared at the time no crime had been committed and refused to prosecute.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 12:09

These people are ruthless. They try to come across as doing this for "good" but in reality they're vengeance minded publicity hounds.

Sort of like the RedLeg in Josey....."Doin' right ain't got no end"......even if their right is wrong, you can never convince them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 12:15

Ghost coming under fire on twitter from vannini and Ross Jones.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 12:18

steveschneider wrote:Ghost coming under fire on twitter from vannini and Ross Jones.

You know who fells threatened? Vannini and Jones.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 12:18

steveschneider wrote:Ghost coming under fire on twitter from vannini and Ross Jones.

Vannini is a screaming virtue signaler....give him anything against MSU that can show how sensitive he is and he'll retweet it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 12:36

Guys Links or tweets plz
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 12:45

Vannini is another dweeb of a sports writer who probably hasn’t touched a piece of sports equipment since middle school. Guy was a recruitbag from scout i believe, and then some coaching search trainwreck of a site.

Before i judge him more, can we get the stuff about ghost posted here swill? We defend our own.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 12:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Vannini is another dweeb of a sports writer who probably hasn’t touched a piece of sports equipment since middle school. Guy was a recruitbag from scout i believe, and then some coaching search trainwreck of a site.

Before i judge him more, can we get the stuff about ghost posted here swill? We defend our own.

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 4 NHRgfE6
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 12:55

gHost Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Vannini is a screaming virtue signaler....give him anything against MSU that can show how sensitive he is and he'll retweet it.
Who the fuck even is this guy?

MSU Grad
Was at coachingsearch.com
Now at the Athletic

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 12:58

I don’t understand why he wouldn’t just retweet it. Afraid to distribute the document was weird imo.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 13:00

steveschneider wrote:I don’t understand why he wouldn’t just retweet it. Afraid to distribute the document was weird imo.

And he refuses to say where or how it's wrong......just that we should take his word that darn it, it's wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 13:01

steveschneider wrote:I don’t understand why he wouldn’t just retweet it. Afraid to distribute the document was weird imo.

Because propagating that link is admission that professional journos aren't doing their job to police their own ilk.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-22, 13:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

At least based on this Kathy Redmond lady who tweeted out this City Pulse article yesterday, doesn't even claim C and D. A and B are her reasoning for condemning MSU and Izzo, as she thinks Izzo held influence over SDIII because he's in prison now. Several people have asked her about the outside investigator and the OCR report that agreed with the prosecutors, but to my knowledge she's ignored those (I admittedly haven't read every response of hers to everyone that tweeted her).

Instead she says that she knows things that she can't yet reveal. She says there are e-mails that will bring everything to light, and that the OCR is there now going through everything....unless they've been deleted (which, of course, gives her an excuse if nothing is found, while also allowing her to scream cover up some more). However, even if she's right, could this involve Appling and Payne? How is the OCR going to find something about their case that they didn't find in their previous investigation? So if there's any truth to what she's saying (and she's not just throwing out "I know something you don't know that would change your mind" in order to get people to stop picking her apart with facts), then I have trouble thinking it would be about Appling and Payne, unless the OCR is going to admit their own incompetence.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next