Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

+24
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
J T
Clarett's Folly
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
MSU addict
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
Keith Stone
steveschneider
Izzo Court
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
Rocinante
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
28 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 Empty Re: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 13:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So this is the counter argument if I’m understanding correctly? I guess there has to be another “side” to this but i haven’t been able to find it.. also curious if there is anything else missing.. for people who have put a lot more time into this.
At least based on this Kathy Redmond lady who tweeted out this City Pulse article yesterday, doesn't even claim C and D. A and B are her reasoning for condemning MSU and Izzo, as she thinks Izzo held influence over SDIII because he's in prison now. Several people have asked her about the outside investigator and the OCR report that agreed with the prosecutors, but to my knowledge she's ignored those (I admittedly haven't read every response of hers to everyone that tweeted her).

Instead she says that she knows things that she can't yet reveal. She says there are e-mails that will bring everything to light, and that the OCR is there now going through everything....unless they've been deleted (which, of course, gives her an excuse if nothing is found, while also allowing her to scream cover up some more). However, even if she's right, could this involve Appling and Payne? How is the OCR going to find something about their case that they didn't find in their previous investigation? So if there's any truth to what she's saying (and she's not just throwing out "I know something you don't know that would change your mind" in order to get people to stop picking her apart with facts), then I have trouble thinking it would be about Appling and Payne, unless the OCR is going to admit their own incompetence.

She knows nothing new. Heywood knows nothing new. If not for the seriousness of the issue they would both be laughingstocks.

In any other circumstance this would be a highly mockable joke:
"Instead she says that she knows things that she can't yet reveal. She says there are e-mails that will bring everything to light"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 Empty Re: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-22, 13:11

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Vannini is another dweeb of a sports writer who probably hasn’t touched a piece of sports equipment since middle school. Guy was a recruitbag from scout i believe, and then some coaching search trainwreck of a site.

Before i judge him more, can we get the stuff about ghost posted here swill? We defend our own.

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 NHRgfE6
Classic case of attacking the author while ignoring the content of the article. It's cowardly because he doesn't want to believe the facts, so this way he doesn't need to address them.

If a writer lays out indisputable facts about something, then gives his opinion, it doesn't make the facts any less indisputable. gHost's article specifically states that it is his opinion that she is a liar, but he also says that he's giving the facts so that the readers "may weigh the evidence and decide on their own".
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 13:14

What about Ross Jones? That guy seems like a big time MSU hater. This isn’t the first time he’s tweeted something negative about MSU in the last couple of weeks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-22, 13:17

gHost Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

She knows nothing new. Heywood knows nothing new. If not for the seriousness of the issue they would both be laughingstocks.

In any other circumstance this would be a highly mockable joke:
"Instead she says that she knows things that she can't yet reveal. She says there are e-mails that will bring everything to light"

I actually like Kathy - she has a perspective which is fine. At least she goes on Twitter and defends herself and discusses things, unlike Lavigne. I may disagree with her but she's not a coward.
Yeah, that's fine. I feel bad for what she went through in her own life, and I respect the fact that she wants to stand up for women that have been sexually assaulted. But it's her insinuation about this conspiracy that Izzo blackmailed Dunnings and corrupted the legal process that irks me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 13:18

steveschneider wrote:What about Ross Jones? That guy seems like a big time MSU hater. This isn’t the first time he’s tweeted something negative about MSU in the last couple of weeks.

Vannini, Henning, Jones are all MSU grads. This is how they "prove" to their colleagues that they're serious journalists.....by attacking their alma mater. UM grads on the other hand fight to the fucking death for UM. It's a conundrum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 13:21

MiamiSpartan wrote: But it's her insinuation about this conspiracy that Izzo blackmailed Dunnings and corrupted the legal process that irks me.

And you can bet that Vannini and Jones would re-tweet that bullshit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 13:32

The mgoblog turds on twitter are the fucking worst. There’s no way our schools aren’t rivals. Those guys hate MSU with a passion.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 13:38

gHost Spartan wrote:Does anyone have a subscription to The Athletic? I wanted to read a recently published article about Izzo but don't have a sub

What's the title of it, I can send you a copy
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 13:51

steveschneider wrote:The mgoblog turds on twitter are the fucking worst. There’s no way our schools aren’t rivals. Those guys hate MSU with a passion.

Steve Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 502811600 stay the fuck off the twitter comments man!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-22, 13:51

gHost Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

What's the title of it, I can send you a copy

Two:

https://theathletic.com/244895/2018/02/17/at-michigan-state-so-many-diversions-including-a-comeback-for-the-ages/

I can't find the other one - it was an article about the origins of the ESPN v. MSU animosity. I don't know exactly when it was published

I poked around for the ESPN vs. MSU but haven't found it yet. Check your PM.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 13:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Two:

https://theathletic.com/244895/2018/02/17/at-michigan-state-so-many-diversions-including-a-comeback-for-the-ages/

I can't find the other one - it was an article about the origins of the ESPN v. MSU animosity. I don't know exactly when it was published

I poked around for the ESPN vs. MSU but haven't found it yet. Check your PM.

I read that one when it was published....blamed MSU for stonewalling them. Ignore privacy concerns in doing that.

The question I have is it right for supposedly neutral ESPN to have it in for MSU?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 14:03

Of course they've been very neutral in their coverage.

NCAA president Mark Emmert was alerted to Michigan State sexual assault reports in 2010
https://theathletic.com/223555/2018/01/26/ncaa-president-mark-emmert-was-alerted-to-michigan-state-sexual-assault-reports-in-2010/

Mandel: Will Mark Dantonio be the next to go from Michigan State?
https://theathletic.com/223266/2018/01/26/mark-dantonio-michigan-state-resignations-sexual-assault-scandal-larry-nassar/

On a day unlike any other, Michigan State athletics reaches its breaking point
https://theathletic.com/223713/2018/01/27/on-a-day-unlike-any-other-michigan-state-athletics-reaches-its-breaking-point/

Tom Izzo and Michigan State basketball face a new reality, and lots more questions
https://theathletic.com/224781/2018/01/29/tom-izzo-and-michigan-state-basketball-face-a-new-reality-and-lots-of-questions/

Meeting the Larry Nassar moment: So many people failed in their role, including me
https://theathletic.com/225312/2018/01/29/meeting-the-larry-nassar-moment-so-many-people-failed-in-their-role-including-me/

Tom Izzo and the man in the mirror
https://theathletic.com/228279/2018/02/01/tom-izzo-and-the-man-in-the-mirror/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 14:20

steveschneider wrote:The mgoblog turds on twitter are the fucking worst. There’s no way our schools aren’t rivals. Those guys hate MSU with a passion.

Steve Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 502811600 stay the fuck off the twitter comments man!!!

lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-22, 14:26

Stop policing the internet OTPT!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-22, 14:30

NigelUno wrote:

He has a point. There’s going to come a time where I’m going to log off that site. I was ready to stop going on then ghost dropped his report.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 14:32

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He has a point. There’s going to come a time where I’m going to log off that site. I was ready to stop going on then ghost dropped his report.

You are better than that cesspool.. Nigel? Maybe not so much.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-22, 14:36

Just as I pointed out to people.....they aren't questioning the facts, just the author.

David Harns@DavidHarns 49s50 seconds ago
More
I reached out to John Truscott and asked him about the criticism he has received for sharing MSU alum/attorney Sean Campbell's article that exposes many questions that exist regarding ESPN's January OTL report. Here's what he said:

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 DWqdcykXkAEaFqS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-22, 14:47

If you think about it, this situation happens every day, incompetent, lazy or nefarious reporters stating opinions as facts and a large percentage of the masses take it as gospel. We are just seeing it up close for a change
I know I am extra careful about getting information from multiple sources before forming an opinion on just about anything. Too many people I know don't and can't even handle another point of view without going into convulsions.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 14:51

Harns is the only one actually acting like a journalist covering this fiasco
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-22, 14:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Harns is the only one actually acting like a journalist covering this fiasco
I have come to identify reporters that care about credibility and those that ...don't.
This incident is dramatically pointing out those in the world of sports journalism that are not worthy of the name 'copy boy' let alone 'journalist'
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-22, 14:57

LooseGoose wrote:Just as I pointed out to people.....they aren't questioning the facts, just the author.

David Harns@DavidHarns 49s50 seconds ago
More
I reached out to John Truscott and asked him about the criticism he has received for sharing MSU alum/attorney Sean Campbell's article that exposes many questions that exist regarding ESPN's January OTL report. Here's what he said:

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 DWqdcykXkAEaFqS

This guy is good.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-22, 15:00

Hey Ghost, has Truscott reached out to you at all?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-22, 15:01

Vannini is the definition of a self loathing Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 15:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Vannini is the definition of a self loathing Spartan

Fuck that guy. SEAN CAMPBELL WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-22, 15:17

I think I found Paula Levigne's first story...

Right down to the "your silence will only incriminate you" part.

Backstory:  Homer was driving a babysitter home, and she had been sitting on a piece of candy (the "sweet candy" that the show edits to him saying "sweet can").  He reaches to grab the candy, she thinks he's being pervy, and a whole scandal and protests erupt.

Honestly, so much of the episode, a spoof on tabloid TV of the 90s, is so relevant to the OTL piece.  You can watch the whole thing on FX's site here:  http://www.simpsonsworld.com/video/275746883653 (I think you get an hour free preview if you've never used it).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-22, 17:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Harns is the only one actually acting like a journalist covering this fiasco

Harns had been doing terrific... But, what is he? Does he run a site or blog or something? If so, I don't see him self-promoting.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-22, 19:02

gHost Spartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Hey Ghost, has Truscott reached out to you at all?
No. But this whole experience has been pretty bizarre. I am tempted to make a statement on Twitter and shut it down and just stay over here and post. Lots of strange stuff happening

I think you have our attention...
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 19:05

gHost Spartan wrote:
No. But this whole experience has been pretty bizarre. I am tempted to make a statement on Twitter and shut it down and just stay over here and post. Lots of strange stuff happening

Fuck shutting it down that would mean Paula won
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 19:08

gHost Spartan wrote: No. But this whole experience has been pretty bizarre. I am tempted to make a statement on Twitter and shut it down and just stay over here and post. Lots of strange stuff happening

That would be like Dantonio quitting. You’re our Dantonio
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-22, 20:59

DWags wrote:

Ghost doesn't care about the mood of Twitter. He only cares about tSwill.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-22, 21:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

A lot of things Sports journalists do amuse Ghost
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-22, 21:12

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

A lot of things Sports journalists do amuse Ghost
it'll never be over.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-22, 21:36

gHost Spartan wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

I think you have our attention...
Lots of trolls and shit like that... people want to change my article... shit like that

Sounds like another article, part 6? Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-22, 23:03

gHost Spartan wrote:

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 5 F9bn9
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-23, 15:13

Ghost, do you regret outing yourself at all?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-23, 15:18

Da Mayor wrote:Ghost, do you regret outing yourself at all?

And why doesn't CBS want you posting on RCMB according to Tanny?

Tanfan
Tanfan
(31660)
131 months
26 minutes ago
duffy munn said....(original post)

Why would this not surprise me.

You can ask ghost on the swill why CBS doesn't want him posting here anymore. I think he knows the answer.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-23, 15:32

Da Mayor wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:Ghost, do you regret outing yourself at all?

Tanfan
Tanfan
(31660)
131 months
26 minutes ago

You can ask ghost on the swill why CBS doesn't want him posting here anymore. I think he knows the answer.

On account of all the whores.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-23, 17:35

gHost Spartan wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Tanfan
Tanfan
(31660)
131 months
26 minutes ago

CBS hasn't said anything about me posting on tCock anymore. The name that I shared with others on that board is blacklisted and will never be unblacklisted. There's some other stuff that I won't get into on the board but only the username that I shared is blacklisted. So that's that -

Count ghostula is banned? PM me, bro. I'll tell you how to get around it.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-23, 18:23

gHost Spartan wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Nah I'm cool... thanks tho

OK, cool. The offer stands.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-23, 18:52

gHost Spartan wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Nah I'm cool... thanks tho

Can you at least explain the rationale? It's ponderous man, ponderous.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next