Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

+24
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
J T
Clarett's Folly
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
MSU addict
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
Keith Stone
steveschneider
Izzo Court
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
Rocinante
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
28 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 12:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:To be honest, it probably comes off as a lot more professional if he doesn't give shout outs to message boards. I know we'd all love it, but realistically the content that gHost is putting across is more important (slightly).

Well done, gHost. Listened to the podcast version on my way to work.

I'm sure it is hard. It seems like a lot of time, but it's really not when you get going. I think that there is probably an art to being concise in a situation like that. I've done an occasional podcast (soccer related...yeah, yeah, soccer sucks), but there's no time constraint, it's just a few of us talking shit, and we all ramble on. That gave me a different appreciation for round table type shows on TV. They're essentially the same (3-4 people shooting the shit), but it's not easy to just narrow your focus and be concise, without wanting to go off on tangents, provide context or backup of what you're saying, etc.

(as you can see from the above paragraph, and often from many of my other posts, I'm definitely NOT good at being concise)
fuck off! who asked you?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-02-21, 12:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:To be honest, it probably comes off as a lot more professional if he doesn't give shout outs to message boards. I know we'd all love it, but realistically the content that gHost is putting across is more important (slightly).

I'm sure it is hard. It seems like a lot of time, but it's really not when you get going. I think that there is probably an art to being concise in a situation like that. I've done an occasional podcast (soccer related...yeah, yeah, soccer sucks), but there's no time constraint, it's just a few of us talking shit, and we all ramble on. That gave me a different appreciation for round table type shows on TV. They're essentially the same (3-4 people shooting the shit), but it's not easy to just narrow your focus and be concise, without wanting to go off on tangents, provide context or backup of what you're saying, etc.

(as you can see from the above paragraph, and often from many of my other posts, I'm definitely NOT good at being concise)

don't listen to him gHost - shoutout are the way to go
(has Valenti reached out to talk to you on air?)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-21, 12:42

Miami - What would be less “professional”?Plugging a website or giving a shout out to your friend “scooter”? Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 12:43

gHost - you should ask them if you can do the weather report next time..

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-21, 12:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

fuck off! who asked you?

YEAH! How's that for concise, motherfucker!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 12:54

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:fuck off! who asked you?

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 502811600

meh - he's probably right. Giving 'shout outs' to Scooter, et al. doesn't exactly inspire professionalism.

however, to casually mention the website who tolerates his presence while he works on a masterpiece of jurisprudence isn't inherently a bad idea.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-21, 12:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Here's a tip - save a shout out for the Swill or we'll shun you like an Amishman gone to town.
this.

even your Twitter handle that Snack read off like "RCMBgHost" or something like that - wtf, man??

you're giving that trash hole pub on a station that garners 11-12 people (that aren't in a coma) per hour, but you don't give tSwill a shout out?

ghost definitely needs a new twitter handle...(redacted just in case ghost wants to remain semi anonymous...if not, remove the strike)

@SeanoftheSwill
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-21, 12:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 502811600

meh - he's probably right. Giving 'shout outs' to Scooter, et al. doesn't exactly inspire professionalism.

however, to casually mention the website who tolerates his presence while he works on a masterpiece of jurisprudence isn't inherently a bad idea.

His message needs some branding, and nothing says professionalism like The Swill.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-21, 12:59

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Yeah and I thought you were banned over there?

The Swill demands accountability.
IF I get on Valenti then I'll give the Swill a shout out !

Is there some breaking news you want to share?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:00

just sent it to Graham Couch via his Wednesday chat extravaganzaa.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-21, 13:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:just sent it to Graham Couch via his Wednesday chat extravaganzaa.

Bob picking up the slack for ghost.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:just sent it to Graham Couch via his Wednesday chat extravaganzaa.

Bob picking up the slack for ghost.
Bob don't play.

Be more like Bob.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-21, 13:31

This is Ghosts greatest hour.   I'm getting a hat for him.   Haven't decided what I'll put on it yet, but I'll make it a solid one.  suggestions?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:32

Couch isn't answering my question.. it's a conspiracy. The traditional media lackeys don't want/need competition, regardless of the bizarre shout-outs they provide.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:34

woah - just as I called him out in my previous post, he took my question (submitted 38 minutes ago) - someone is monitoring tSwill!!!

Comment From Robert J Sakimano
hey Graham - love your work. Have you reviewed this document publish at Spartan Swill by our very own gHost? It's a response to Paula Lavigne and ESPN - it's getting some national traction: https://smc68az.wordpress.c....

Graham Couch
I have. He put in a lot of work. There are some good points in it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:48

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:This is Ghosts greatest hour.   I'm getting a hat for him.   Haven't decided what I'll put on it yet, but I'll make it a solid one.  suggestions?

Coach D always says that adversity makes you stronger. I was deeply hurt by that OTL piece and once I started going on this project I was literally pounding away at my MacBook blowing shit up. I should one day post all the disregarded notes that I had... holy shit, some embarrassing stuff....
hold on to the outtakes and B-sides and maybe you can release a Greatest Hits box set one day.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-21, 13:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:woah - just as I called him out in my previous post, he took my question (submitted 38 minutes ago) - someone is monitoring tSwill!!!

hey Graham - love your work. Have you reviewed this document publish at Spartan Swill by our very own gHost? It's a response to Paula Lavigne and ESPN - it's getting some national traction: https://smc68az.wordpress.c....

Graham Couch

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 3434560931 Bobby!!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:woah - just as I called him out in my previous post, he took my question (submitted 38 minutes ago) - someone is monitoring tSwill!!!

Graham Couch

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 3434560931 Bobby!!!!!
Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 361471007
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-21, 14:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Everyone has friends, and nicknames for their friends.

But message boarders tend to have more of a stigma as being anti-social degenerate nut jobs. Present parties, excepted...or maybe especially, I don't know.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 14:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 502811600

Everyone has friends, and nicknames for their friends.

But message boarders tend to have more of a stigma as being anti-social degenerate nut jobs. Present parties, excepted...or maybe especially, I don't know.
I'm much more difficult to be around in person... and I'm also nowhere near as handsome as you might expect.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-21, 15:17

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 502811600

His message needs some branding, and nothing says professionalism like The Swill.

"Spartan Swill: Professional as a motherfucker"
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-21, 15:20

Clarett's Folly wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

"Spartan Swill: Professional as a motherfucker"

I like this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-21, 15:55

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:This is Ghosts greatest hour.   I'm getting a hat for him.   Haven't decided what I'll put on it yet, but I'll make it a solid one.  suggestions?

Coach D always says that adversity makes you stronger. I was deeply hurt by that OTL piece and once I started going on this project I was literally pounding away at my MacBook blowing shit up. I should one day post all the disregarded notes that I had... holy shit, some embarrassing stuff....

All that text might be too much to print on a hat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-21, 16:47

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 M_5484e716f024f265e928d6f1
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-21, 16:49

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 9k=
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-21, 16:51

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 Hows-my-ass-taste-flex-hat-baseball-cap
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 16:53

Nordic wrote:

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 M_5484e716f024f265e928d6f1

This seems like something Ghost would wear.

I actually tried plugging the Swill on Graham's super happy fun chat hour but they didn't get published. Sorry guys, I'll try harder next time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-21, 17:08

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 Z
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-02-21, 19:49

Finally got a chance to listen to the podcast.

Yeah, it was a little choppy but the highly important points were made.

Keep fighting the good fight, gHost Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 55953254
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-21, 20:11

Good work boss, I've got a solution, "thanks to Matty over at the tswill.com for getting"... etc etc etc

two birds one stone
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-21, 20:12

ghost? This guy needs some enlightenment.

https://twitter.com/AceAnbender
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-21, 20:19

NigelUno wrote:ghost? This guy needs some enlightenment.

that name has to be fake, sounds like a gay porn stars name
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-21, 20:38

NigelUno wrote:ghost?  This guy needs some enlightenment.

Arguing with Michigan fan/MGoBloggers on Twitter will acheive nothing, except fuel the cult narrative.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-21, 20:54

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 2le48z10k
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-21, 21:03

DWags wrote:Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 2le48z10k

Is that a photo for ants?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-21, 21:05

DWags wrote:Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 3 2le48z10k

Is that a photo for ants?

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-21, 21:06

Please, DWags, post as if you’re the one who has to read that. (Apologies to Erik O.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-02-21, 21:08

Who the fuck is thumbor? Blanch's little brother...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-21, 21:18

Sorry

Matt Charbaneau from the Detroit news was asked why ghost could pick apart the otl story when paid journalists can’t do it even though that’s their job. Matt says it’s not his job to say who is right and wrong. Even though he had problems with the story.

.... yet he wouldn’t say it. Ghost did. Ghost kicked his ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-21, 23:54

I cannot confirm this but I am guessing ghost is getting a Christmas card from my mom
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next