Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me plan some Pure Michigan vacations this summer

+26
Snake Plissken
Rodeo Burger
AvgMSUJoe
Herbie Green
Rosy
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
Mentalstate
Bill Cain
Death Roe
Cosmo_Kramer
Ass Dan
SeeRockCity
By-Tor
Giant Moose
tTito
GRR Spartan
DroppedByADime
tanfan!
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
tTy
WBill
The Pantry
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Help me plan some Pure Michigan vacations this summer - Page 2 Empty Re: Help me plan some Pure Michigan vacations this summer

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-06-20, 15:24

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:Ditch the kids and go to Torch Lake for 4th of July to see some hot young broads

This.

Pro tip :
Since you likely won't have a boat, rent one out of elk lake marina... Enjoy boating on the same water as torch with nearly zero boat traffic -- if you see a cool dude flying a state flag, that's me. Say hello.

Then take 20 min cruise into torch to anchor and see hot chicks occasionally topless. Not bad. Beware, douchebag quotient is equally high.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Help me plan some Pure Michigan vacations this summer - Page 2 Empty Re: Help me plan some Pure Michigan vacations this summer

Post by Rosy 2014-06-20, 15:43

The only thing better than going to Disney is moving to Orlando so you can be by it all the time and constantly take your kids.
Rosy
Rosy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-06-20, 15:44

Tanfan! wrote:

As you waited in line at the Magic Kingdom for an hour or more to see some teenager dressed up on in a costume so your kid could get its autograph, I bet you thought, I hate me life right now! After that horrible experience, you chug along with millions of people crammed into the over filled park banging your stroller into the legs of the fat ass who decided to stop right in front of you and look at her map. Your kid, who is hot and tired starts whining and all you want to do is leave and go back to the hotel room, away from all those smelly people who invaded your space for 8 plus hours. Let's fly down to disney!!! There isn't a dude on the planet who, after experiencing that crap, would ever want to do it again. But the fireworks are cool. I'll give them that.

This about sums up my trip. The worst part might have been downtown Disney after a long day at the park. I thought I was going out to eat but it is like being at the Magic Kingdom all over again with 3 hour waits to fork over money.
The most fun my kids had on that trip was bouncing on the bed in the room and swimming in the hotel pool.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-06-20, 15:47

kids might be too young, but I suggest Munising and miners beach/falls for all Michiganders who have never made the trek.

Holy Shit worthy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-06-20, 16:04

Dont get all of the Disney hate. Had a blast at Magic Kingdom with the kids last year(5 and 7) Pulled them out of school in late Feb so we werent there during a peak time. Stayed at the Wilderness lodge. Highly recommend but expensive as sheeet.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-06-20, 16:07

By-Tor wrote:Dont get all of the Disney hate.  Had a blast at Magic Kingdom with the kids last year(5 and 7)   Pulled them out of school in late Feb so we werent there during a peak time.   Stayed at the Wilderness lodge.   Highly recommend but expensive as sheeet.

That's the key..... right there. Try going in June right after school gets out and report back.

Last edited by tTito on 2014-06-20, 16:09; edited 1 time in total
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-20, 16:08

AvgMSUJoe wrote:kids might be too young, but I suggest Munising and miners beach/falls for all Michiganders who have never made the trek.

Holy Shit worthy.

Do tell more. I haven't been to the UP since I was a kid, and the only thing I remember is the Soo Locks.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-06-20, 16:16

tTito wrote:

That's the key..... right there. Try going in June right after school gets out and report back.

No thanks. I'll take your word!
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-20, 16:28

tTito wrote:

Disney is barely tolerable when it isn't crowded. When it's hot and crowded? No thanks.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-06-20, 21:18

Rocinante wrote:I will never go to Disney.  Never in a my life.  I will scratch and claw with my final breath to avoid that place.  **** all theme parks.  Kids want to go to Disney?  Mom wants to take them?  Go ahead.  I will finance your trip, but my ass ain't going.  My parents never took us.  We went camping.  We weren't poor, but my parents (mostly my dad) were rational fucking people who knew that it would be hell.  F UCK. THAT.
So you hate kids. I get that.  Suspect 
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-06-20, 21:25

Oh yeah.

Go tubing down the Platte river and get splashed out into sandy Lake Michigan.

It's a great time. Saw a bear once doing it. Gentle flow. CrystL clear water..... Fun for all ages and cheap as hell. Sleeping bear after if u choose.

DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-06-20, 21:46

NigelUno wrote:

Disney is barely tolerable when it isn't crowded.  When it's hot and crowded?  No thanks.  
You hate people. Just say it.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-06-20, 21:53

DroppedByADime wrote:Oh yeah.

It's a great time. Saw a bear once doing it. Gentle flow. CrystL clear water..... Fun for all ages and cheap as hell. Sleeping bear after if u choose.

Seconded. I'm a big advocate of drinking and tubing down a river, this is the best way to do it
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-06-20, 21:55

Ass Dan wrote:

Seconded. I'm a big advocate of drinking and tubing down a river, this is the best way to do it
Tubing with small children = bad

tubing with no children = hellafun
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-06-20, 21:58

Snake Plissken wrote:

Screw ever having kids if something as simple and innocent as tubing becomes a chore. I refuse to believe that they're worth giving up floating lazily in my swimsuit, drinking beer and pissing all over myself on a hot summer day
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-06-20, 23:03

Rosy wrote:The only thing better than going to Disney is moving to Orlando so you can be by it all the time and constantly take your kids.

Bwaaaaaaa. ROSY. LOL. CUMSTEIN!!!!!  Help me plan some Pure Michigan vacations this summer - Page 2 1966794946 
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-06-21, 00:17

Say it is so .... Cumstein ? That'd be great. Let's get niño over here and pound the butter from his flesh

As for small kids on the platte. It's nothing. They have nets in theirs and obviously life preservers/ ski vests. It's also gentle. The only way you could lose them is if you ran he other way .... And they'd still float right through.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-06-21, 00:23

I have done the Platte in the middle of the night during full moons a couple times.  That shit is motherfucking allsome..... We always see all kinds of cool ass feish in Loon Lake in the middle of the night.  Get home just as the sun comes up, have a couple eggs and toast and a big glass of milk and then crash out until noonish.  So much fun.

EDIT: forgot to add that sometimes that bitch is stuffed with salmon up by the weir.... Holy **** is that cool as shit in the middle of the night.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-06-21, 00:38

We went to WDW last July. I break all of the stereotypes. My wife is a teacher, so it was our only opportunity to go. And like I said earlier, my in laws have a Marriott condo timeshare thing that they offered up to us at the World Center for free for the week, so we took it.

We did it smart, though and I'm not gonna lie, other than sweating like a pig, we had a blast.

Bought the books, had the wait times app on my phone, took full advantage of fast pass. Got to the park at opening, left by noon for a mid day swim/nap, and back after dinner. 6 days in Orlando, 2 days at the MK, 1 day for a character breakfast/downtown disney and 3 days of chilling.

Orlando is kinda a second home to me, my grandparents lived there growing up and my mom still owns the house years after they passed so going back is fun/nostalgic for me.

It hit a sweet spot for my kid, too, as he was transitioning out of a MMCH obsession and very much into a Peter Pan/Pirates phase. The pictures and memories of him enjoying that shit is stuff that still makes me smile. Rode his first "coaster" with me and loved the shit out of it (Thunder Mtn Railroad). So fun.

To each their own, I guess.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-06-21, 03:06

Rosy wrote:The only thing better than going to Disney is moving to Orlando so you can be by it all the time and constantly take your kids.
Went to Disney World once in 77. Spent HS spring break in Daytona and took a day trip. Exited the freeway where WDW was supposed to be. There was absolutely nothing for miles until we got to the park. Seriously, nothing. Miles upon miles of swampy scrub land .

Would be interesting to go back there some day to see how the area has changed.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-06-21, 07:21

The Pantry wrote:
Went to Disney World once in 77.  Spent HS spring break in Daytona and took a day trip.  Exited the freeway where WDW was supposed to be.  There was absolutely nothing for miles until we got to the park.  Seriously, nothing.  Miles upon miles of swampy scrub land .

Would be interesting to go back there some day to see how the area has changed.  

That's a buddy of mine ripping me via schtick. It's actually quite hilarious and creative. Our cat's name is rosy. Hence the avatar of a dude holding a cat.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-21, 10:45

DroppedByADime wrote:Oh yeah.  

It's a great time.   Saw a bear once doing it.    Gentle flow. CrystL clear water..... Fun for all ages and cheap as hell.    Sleeping bear after if u choose.  

Great way to spend the day. Kids have a blast tubing and playing in the river. Drive to Glen Arbor for something to eat after.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-21, 10:47

Snake Plissken wrote:

You hate children.

Just say it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-21, 10:50

Ass Dan wrote:

Screw ever having kids if something as simple and innocent as tubing becomes a chore. I refuse to believe that they're worth giving up floating lazily in my swimsuit, drinking beer and pissing all over myself on a hot summer day

He has a 5 year old, and an 18 month old. Not sure I'd take the 18 month old. The 5 year old will love it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-06-21, 11:18

NigelUno wrote:

He has a 5 year old, and an 18 month old.  Not sure I'd take the 18 month old.  The 5 year old will love it.  

The 18 month old will ruin it for everyone. Including those on the plane. Wait until the kid can travel dammit.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Guzzler 2014-06-21, 13:00

Tanfan! wrote:I don't believe a word of this with respect to number 4. It's all justification for the wife convincing you to waste your hard earned money flying down to Orlando so she can fulfill her fantasy of a Disney vacation. You hated every minute you were at the Park: boiling heat, morbidly obese midwesterners with sugar counts in the 200s looking for the next McDonalds, standing in line for an hour for 30 seconds of nothing as you checked out the few teenage asses that were not the size of buick electra 225s. Meanwhile, your screaming kid ruined it for all the other passengers on the plane, but dammit I am going to take my kid to Disney anyway. Screw it.  Help me plan some Pure Michigan vacations this summer - Page 2 502811600 

If you wire me a few bucks for gas, I'll come over to Orlando and we can go to Disney together.
K9 Guzzler
K9 Guzzler
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-12-19, 20:58

I need a beach warm vacation soon... all inclusive would be best. Not break the bank (too bad) or get killed by drug lords. Suggestions?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-12-19, 22:14

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I need a beach warm vacation soon... all inclusive would be best. Not break the bank (too bad) or get killed by drug lords. Suggestions?

Mio?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-12-19, 22:29

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I need a beach warm vacation soon... all inclusive would be best. Not break the bank (too bad) or get killed by drug lords. Suggestions?

fuck the all inclusive, they are overrated. it's american suburbs in a different country. fun?! rent an airbnb in cabo or aruba.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-19, 22:30

Just watched “nowhere Michigan” on Amazon prime. Takes place in the 906. Its so poorly written so badly acted so pathetically stereotyped its really kind of good. I couldn’t figure out if it was a comedy a drama or an action movie.

Highly recommend the worst movie I’ve watched this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2