Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa Fe School Shooting.

+17
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Rocinante
NigelUno
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
21 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Santa Fe School Shooting.

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-19, 14:12

Heard a crazy stat on real time more people have died in school shootings than in our military in 2018. That’s insane.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 14:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:There is nothing than can be done. Just move on.

I’m not even sure why these old ass fuckers that secretly hate America despite their big talk get all hot and bothered. Nothing is going to change until they die off and get out of the way so the culture can change. And then what do they care at that point. Until then thoughts and prayers otpt.

Yup, until people that compare cars to guns fade, nothing will happen. The children will pay the price until then. Too bad.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-19, 14:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I’m not even sure why these old ass fuckers that secretly hate America despite their big talk get all hot and bothered. Nothing is going to change until they die off and get out of the way so the culture can change. And then what do they care at that point. Until then thoughts and prayers otpt.

Yup, until people that compare cars to guns fade, nothing will happen. The children will pay the price until then. Too bad.

Problem for those people and their historical legacy is that the children that have grown up doing something called “active shooter drills” are going to be the same people that eventually put pen to paper writing the history of who those people were and what their motivations were. Lol sucks to know that you’ll be universally hated by history.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-19, 14:32

Ironically the people who want cars, and boats registered.......oh wait they already are.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-19, 14:34

Stan Larsen wrote:

There's another new generation right behind them that will continue their cause.

In dwindling numbers. And dwindling after that and dwindling after that and dwindling after that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-19, 14:45

Stan Larsen wrote:

In dwindling numbers. And dwindling after that and dwindling after that and dwindling after that.

I wish that were true, but spend some time in rural America.

We’ll just have to see. But ultimately rural America itself is waning also as younger people move more and more toward cities. Kansas will always been Kansas and that’s fine, but even those younger people won’t all have the same insane fervor and love for inanimate objects that their parents do because of the world they’ve grown up in. And maybe that won’t be enough, but their kids, then their kids... and eventually maybe we won’t all think we need killing machines to protect ourselves from bogeymen that don’t really exist.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 15:38

kingstonlake wrote:
That's a great article that selectively uses data that only includes school shootings with 4 or more deaths.

Here's the real data Goose. The number of mass shootings (shootings with 3 or more deaths) in the 90's, 2000's and 2000-2017

90's - 149 deaths average of 14.9 per year
2000's - 160 deaths Annette of 16 per year
2001-2017 - 370 deaths average of 46 per year.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4965022/deadliest-mass-shooting-us-history

KL? I've seen all kinds of data - all of them cherry pick to fit their theory. MotherJones has it's set, EveryTown has it's set, etc, etc.
So I don't know if "real" is a fair statement - both data sets are real, they're simply using different criteria

Based on that I wonder why your numbers use decade/decade/17 years? Could it be that 2001-2010 didn't fit their narrative? I don't know but it's an odd way to present supposedly equivalent data. It especially skews the total deaths at 1st glance. Or do you consider a 10 year/10 year/17 year progression an honest comparison?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 15:39

steveschneider wrote:Heard a crazy stat on real time more people have died in school shootings than in our military in 2018. That’s insane.

And that turned out to be completely wrong. Has now been corrected and revised about 3-4 times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 15:42

I love how those that never set foot in "rural America" except to buy sweet corn know all about it.

The only thing you really need to know is that those stupid fucks vote against their own interests, have no teeth and breed like rabbits. Well at least they don't go through life miserable.

People who live in small towns and rural areas are happier than everyone else, researchers say

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-19, 15:43

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
That's a great article that selectively uses data that only includes school shootings with 4 or more deaths.

Here's the real data Goose. The number of mass shootings (shootings with 3 or more deaths) in the 90's, 2000's and 2000-2017

90's - 149 deaths average of 14.9 per year
2000's - 160 deaths Annette of 16 per year
2001-2017 - 370 deaths average of 46 per year.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4965022/deadliest-mass-shooting-us-history

KL? I've seen all kinds of data - all of them cherry pick to fit their theory. MotherJones has it's set, EveryTown has it's set, etc, etc.
So I don't know if "real" is a fair statement - both data sets are real, they're simply using different criteria

Based on that I wonder why your numbers use decade/decade/17 years? Could it be that 2001-2010 didn't fit their narrative? I don't know but it's an odd way to present supposedly equivalent data. It especially skews the total deaths at 1st glance. Or do you consider a 10 year/10 year/17 year progression an honest comparison?

My mistake on the typo. It should read 2010-2017 (7 years).
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 15:45

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

My mistake on the typo. It should read 2010-2017 (7 years).

OK, I wondered why it was presented that way. It was strange and I'm sorta answering this and working on something else so didn't dive too deeply.,
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-19, 15:45

Stan Larsen wrote:

We’ll just have to see. But ultimately rural America itself is waning also as younger people move more and more toward cities. Kansas will always been Kansas and that’s fine, but even those younger people won’t all have the same insane fervor and love for inanimate objects that their parents do because of the world they’ve grown up in. And maybe that won’t be enough, but their kids, then their kids... and eventually maybe we won’t all think we need killing machines to protect ourselves from bogeymen that don’t really exist.

Fair enough, but that's going to take multiple generations, long after you and I are gone. And that assumes that the overall societal trajectory bends toward the left (like Clinton's wiener). I'm not sure that's the case.

Weird comment about a presidents dick bro. Not sure where to even go with that other than just being sorta creepy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-19, 15:49

steveschneider wrote:Heard a crazy stat on real time more people have died in school shootings than in our military in 2018. That’s insane.
the knuckle-draggin' right loves the troops.

School children? Not so much.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 15:52

LooseGoose wrote:I love how those that never set foot in "rural America" except to buy sweet corn know all about it.

The only thing you really need to know is that those stupid fucks vote against their own interests, have no teeth and breed like rabbits. Well at least they don't go through life miserable.

People who live in small towns and rural areas are happier than everyone else, researchers say

Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 4 502811600 Deflect, deflect, deflect.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-19, 15:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

They don’t love the troops. They love the idea of the troops. They love pretending like they love the troops. They love rooting for a side like their lives are sport. They don’t give the first fucking shit about the people themselves in reality.

Probably not all trumpers. But most of them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-19, 16:09

Dr. Strangelove wrote:The only way to really reduce the number of shootings is to ban and confiscate privately owned weapons.

That’s just not true and very narrow minded.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-19, 16:31

LooseGoose wrote:I love how those that never set foot in "rural America" except to buy sweet corn know all about it.

Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 4 502811600 Deflect, deflect, deflect.
Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-19, 16:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote: the knuckle-draggin' right loves the troops.

They don’t love the troops. They love the idea of the troops. They love pretending like they love the troops. They love rooting for a side like their lives are sport. They don’t give the first fucking shit about the people themselves in reality.

Probably not all trumpers. But most of them.
I said that tongue-in-cheek.. they secretly despise the troops and only see them as campaign props.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-19, 16:38

lol, more urban wisdom.

What Bob, Travis and OTPT forget is they love the troops because they're related to them.

Rural america contributes a disproportionate percentage of our armed forces.

So to mock that they don't love the troops is more ignorant urban shit.  

But by all means carry on covering yourselves in glory.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-19, 17:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I also saw that in minutes after the shooting on line people were spreading misinformation that the shooter had a Hillary clinton hat on in his fb profile in an effort to try to make him out to be a democrat. Pretty crazy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-19, 17:08

LooseGoose wrote:lol, more urban wisdom.

What Bob, Travis and OTPT forget is they love the troops because they're related to them.

TROOPS!!!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-19, 17:08

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: the knuckle-draggin' right loves the troops.

I also saw that in minutes after the shooting on line people were spreading misinformation that the shooter had a Hillary clinton hat on in his fb profile in an effort to try to make him out to be a democrat. Pretty crazy.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 17:20

Yeah, i didn’t say dick about troops/pawns. But again, you’ve made this conversation about anything but guns. As i said, with time, shit will change. Someday simpleton people will not buy into these teams of us vs them(as goose did with me with troops) in their own country and get shit done.

In the meantime, you’ll have people deflecting to this bullshit, referencing documents from 250 years ago like it’s the same country and children getting slaughtered in places of learning.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-19, 17:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

America is a stupid country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/05/18/fake-facebook-accounts-and-viral-lies-multiply-in-hours-after-santa-fe-school-shooting/

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-19, 17:41

Good article on coalition instinct.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/michelle-wolf-kanye-west-selective-outrage-hypocrisy/

And

https://youtu.be/6IwdIxhAkBc

How social media drives policy. Covers confirmation bias. So much fake information and tactics used over social media to divide us. Crazy shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-19, 17:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah, i didn’t say dick about troops/pawns. But again, you’ve made this conversation about anything but guns. As i said, with time, shit will change. Someday simpleton people will not buy into these teams of us vs them(as goose did with me with troops) in their own country and get shit done.

In the meantime, you’ll have people deflecting to this bullshit, referencing documents from 250 years ago like it’s the same country and children getting slaughtered in places of learning.

It's worthless to have a conversation with Goose. He does that shit constantly. He'll never change.

Hey Goose, did you ever figure out what post of your's was modified and who did it?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-19, 17:46

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: America is a stupid country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/05/18/fake-facebook-accounts-and-viral-lies-multiply-in-hours-after-santa-fe-school-shooting/

People who get their news from Facebook are just the dumbest.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-19, 18:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It’s effective though. In that interview it said Alex Jones show is useful because it identifies the most gullible audience. You can micro target them and manipulate them. I just find it fascinating the way social media is divide us and make us more tribal
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 18:03

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It’s effective though. In that interview it said Alex Jones show is useful because it identifies the most gullible audience. You can micro target them and manipulate them. I just find it fascinating the way social media is divide us and make us more tribal

There are a few posters on this board that are prime examples of today’s media owning them.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-19, 18:06

I remember that old lady at a McCain town hall who wobbled and stammered her way through a question saying Obama was an Arab. Thankfully he grabbed the mic and corrected her.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-19, 18:14

While you folks are arguing the never-ending gun discussion, it's kids doing most of the shooting.

My parents and most of my friends' parents had guns. There were school fights back then...elementary, middle (use to be called junior high), and high school. Even some when I was at State. They were all bare knuckles and wrestling. Saw a couple dudes get pretty fucked up but no one came close to dying. Kids knew when they won and backed off. Not once did any participant brandish a gun, despite having easy access to them.

Thoroughly convinced many kids today are messed up. In a way, victims of an environment that has been going downhill for decades: Technology that makes it easier to play football/basketball/war games online with friends than getting together on a field, court, or in someone's backyard. Single parent families/divorce. Loss of religion/faith and compassion. Social media, news media. Smartphones have made information/stories/propaganda immediately available to all.

Finally, I suspect nutrition may have a huge part in kids losing it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 18:25

Loss of religion? Heh. Someone want to point out the killings done in the name of religion or is that only when a specific religion does it?

Where’s that true detective scene when you need it?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-19, 18:31

steveschneider wrote:

There are a few posters on this board that are prime examples of today’s media owning them.
Yep. Liberals own the media. Folks in Hollywood are the worst. Get paid massive money and feel it gives them right to shoot off their pieholes to their doting idiot fans.

That said, I still want Susan Sarandon to suck my dick Wink
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-19, 18:33

LooseGoose wrote:lol, more urban wisdom.

I never claimed to “love the troops.” In fact I think the whole thing is asinine and we should take a tenth of the money we spend on the military and spend it on poor people instead of murdering people. Hell. 25%.

But you did shit on a best friend of mine that died because winning on the internet is more important to you than your claimed morals. So whatever. Fuck yourself old man.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-19, 18:33

The Pantry wrote:

Yep. Liberals own the media. Folks in Hollywood are the worst. Get paid massive money and feel it gives them right to shoot off their pieholes to their doting idiot fans.

Check out Hannity over here
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-19, 18:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Loss of religion? Heh. Someone want to point out the killings done in the name of religion or is that only when a specific religion does it?

You left out the "faith" part. You know, the thing most people search for when something bad happens...?

Typical lib twist.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 18:42

The Pantry wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Loss of religion? Heh. Someone want to point out the killings done in the name of religion or is that only when a specific religion does it?

You left out the "faith" part. You know, the thing most people search for when something bad happens...?

Typical lib twist.

Oh, so you didn’t say religion? Interesting. It’s rich, you are one of the prime examples on this board (and just proved it) that the media owns and have this “us vs them” mindset in your head. Kinda sad when you think about it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-19, 18:48

The Pantry wrote:Yep. Liberals own the media. Folks in Hollywood are the worst. Get paid massive money and feel it gives them right to shoot off their pieholes to their doting idiot fans.

Check out Hannity over here
Heard of him but never watched his show. Don't need to.

The media is slanted far to the left. Please, deny that Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 4 276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-19, 18:52

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 18:52

Poster says “Social media, news media. Smartphones have made information/stories/propaganda immediately available to all.” is an issue with violence in society then goes onto vent about “libs, Hollywood, and their idiot fans”

Talk about a lack of self awareness Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 4 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next