Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa Fe School Shooting.

+17
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Rocinante
NigelUno
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
21 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Santa Fe School Shooting.

Post by The Pantry Sat May 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
You left out the "faith" part.  You know, the thing most people search for when something bad happens...?  

Typical lib twist.  

Oh, so you didn’t say religion? Interesting. It’s rich, you are one of the prime examples on this board (and just proved it) that the media owns and have this “us vs them” mindset in your head. Kinda sad when you think about it.
I said "religion/faith".  Some folks don't know the difference, including you.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat May 19, 2018 7:01 pm

For a board full of MSU grads, there are some dumb motherfuckers that post here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat May 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Poster says “Social media, news media. Smartphones have made information/stories/propaganda immediately available to all.” is an issue with violence in society then goes onto vent about “libs, Hollywood, and their idiot fans”

Talk about a lack of self awareness Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 502811600
Not sure what point you're trying to make. You libs talk in circles a lot.

Sorry for interrupting this thread with my first post, which obviously didn't cause thought to you kiddies beyond a bashing opportunity. Please, re-commence your daisy chain.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat May 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:For a board full of MSU grads, there are some dumb motherfuckers that post here.

Bump^ (But to be fair, college isn’t really that difficult)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat May 19, 2018 7:17 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Check out Hannity over here
Heard of him but never watched his show. Don't need to.

The media is slanted far to the left. Please, deny that Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 276803595

I absolutely deny that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat May 19, 2018 7:20 pm

I love how the gun nutters want to talk about anything other than guns in this thread. Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat May 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Rocinante wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Heard of him but never watched his show. Don't need to.

The media is slanted far to the left. Please, deny that Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 276803595

I absolutely deny that.
How?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat May 19, 2018 7:28 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I absolutely deny that.
How?

You have no clue what Sinclair Broadcast Group is do you?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat May 19, 2018 7:33 pm

The Pantry wrote:

Lol yeah ok
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat May 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The Pantry wrote:How?

You have no clue what Sinclair Broadcast Group is do you?
Never heard of it. Should I look it up?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat May 19, 2018 7:40 pm

The Pantry wrote:Heard of him but never watched his show. Don't need to.

Lol yeah ok
You deny the media is heavily slanted left? Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat May 19, 2018 7:46 pm

The Pantry wrote:

Lol yeah ok
You deny the media is heavily slanted left? Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 502811600

If you can't admit that media is heavily slanted both left and right tthen you are dumber than I thought.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat May 19, 2018 7:50 pm

kingstonlake wrote:I remember that old lady at a McCain town hall who wobbled and stammered her way through a question saying Obama was an Arab. Thankfully he grabbed the mic and corrected her.

As he should have. Reading up on the FB shit and all the confirmation bias and coalition instincts I think it’s a real problem. I’m going to start giving NYT and waspos subscriptions as gifts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat May 19, 2018 8:02 pm

The Pantry wrote:

Lol yeah ok

Noooooot the part I was lol okaying about but good job anyway
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat May 19, 2018 8:03 pm

The Pantry wrote:

Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat May 19, 2018 8:08 pm

The Pantry wrote:While you folks are arguing the never-ending gun discussion, it's kids doing most of the shooting.

My parents and most of my friends' parents had guns. There were school fights back then...elementary, middle (use to be called junior high), and high school. Even some when I was at State. They were all bare knuckles and wrestling. Saw a couple dudes get pretty fucked up but no one came close to dying. Kids knew when they won and backed off. Not once did any participant brandish a gun, despite having easy access to them.

Thoroughly convinced many kids today are messed up. In a way, victims of an environment that has been going downhill for decades: Technology that makes it easier to play football/basketball/war games online with friends than getting together on a field, court, or in someone's backyard. Single parent families/divorce. Loss of religion/faith and compassion. Social media, news media. Smartphones have made information/stories/propaganda immediately available to all.

Finally, I suspect nutrition may have a huge part in kids losing it.
I knew this country was in trouble when we took god out of schools.

Though now that we finally got rid of that colored boy and elected a fine christian man, I pray it's not too late.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat May 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The Pantry wrote:While you folks are arguing the never-ending gun discussion, it's kids doing most of the shooting.

My parents and most of my friends' parents had guns. There were school fights back then...elementary, middle (use to be called junior high), and high school. Even some when I was at State. They were all bare knuckles and wrestling. Saw a couple dudes get pretty fucked up but no one came close to dying. Kids knew when they won and backed off. Not once did any participant brandish a gun, despite having easy access to them.

Thoroughly convinced many kids today are messed up. In a way, victims of an environment that has been going downhill for decades: Technology that makes it easier to play football/basketball/war games online with friends than getting together on a field, court, or in someone's backyard. Single parent families/divorce. Loss of religion/faith and compassion. Social media, news media. Smartphones have made information/stories/propaganda immediately available to all.

Finally, I suspect nutrition may have a huge part in kids losing it.
I knew this country was in trouble when we took god out of schools.

Though now that we finally got rid of that colored boy and elected a fine christian man, I pray it's not too late.
Know sarcasm is encouraged here but your repetitive stuff often bores me to sleep.

btw...what's your current RHR?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat May 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Goose, my question said "mass shootings". You cited school shootings. I'm not going to question the source of the numbers you cited because I'm not looking them up on my own to debunk them.

But you deny that there's a problem with school shootings in this country. You are no longer worth having a conversation with on the subject in my honest opinion. Look forward to talking basketball recruiting and pies with you.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Goose, my question said "mass shootings". You cited school shootings. I'm not going to question the source of the numbers you cited because I'm not looking them up on my own to debunk them.

But you deny that there's a problem with school shootings in this country. You are no longer worth having a conversation with on the subject in my honest opinion. Look forward to talking basketball recruiting and pies with you.

The list is growing! cheers

Once everyone figures out there is no sense in trying to have an honest conversation with Goose, maybe then he'll change his ways. Probably not, but I can hope.

You would think when enough people tell you it's futile to talk to you on certain subjects or some people even saying it would be better for everyone if you were dead, you'd think you'd maybe reevaluate your worldview.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat May 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Goose, my question said "mass shootings". You cited school shootings. I'm not going to question the source of the numbers you cited because I'm not looking them up on my own to debunk them.

The list is growing! cheers

Once everyone figures out there is no sense in trying to have an honest conversation with Goose, maybe then he'll change his ways. Probably not, but I can hope.

Look, definitely not. Goose is who goose is. He believes the shit he reads on redstate and dailycaller isn’t insane propaganda. Which is fine.

It’s somewhat instructive because he’s not the only person whose brain is deluded by that shit out of fear of whatever the fuck he’s so scared of constantly. On the other hand, other people are starting to be wise to their “we actually just want to give rich people your money despite all of the scary things we say about abortion and immigrants and whatever we just want you to vote for us so we can give rich people money” games, so maybe eventually his voice will be drowned out.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat May 19, 2018 9:35 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I knew this country was in trouble when we took god out of schools.

Know sarcasm is encouraged here but your repetitive stuff often bores me to sleep.

wasn't sarcasm - just mocking the fine christian right wing patriotic knuckle-draggers who believe that sort of thing.

However, I'm not for everyone.

41 bpm this morning.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Know sarcasm is encouraged here but your repetitive stuff often bores me to sleep.

wasn't sarcasm - just mocking the fine christian right wing patriotic knuckle-draggers who believe that sort of thing.

41 bpm this morning.
Definitely, not for everyone.

Allow me to ask a hypothetical question, Bob?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun May 20, 2018 7:03 am

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: wasn't sarcasm - just mocking the fine christian right wing patriotic knuckle-draggers who believe that sort of thing.

41 bpm this morning.
Definitely, not for everyone.

Allow me to ask a hypothetical question, Bob?
dude you can ask anything you want.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 am

Excuse me if I missed the subject switch from just school shootings to mass shootings in general. And again the not useful idiot Travis chimes in with his false information too. The statistics I provided came from a Northeastern University study, if you want to get funding to take a year to "debunk" them go ahead. As far as mass shootings the most reliable numbers are Mother Jones.

And again like Travis, Pylon and others you're now making things up. Please point out for me where I said anything resembling this: "But you deny that there's a problem with school shootings in this country." What I did was point you to a factual, scholarly study that shows that school shootings are not more prevalent now than there were previously. Contrary to your assertion that doesn't mean I dismiss them as a problem, it means I'm not going to join in the ill informed hysteria that they're spiraling out of control.

If seeing facts ends that contradict your feelings is enough to end conversations then so be it. You'll have your chorus of trained monkeys cheering you on.

Now if you're interested in facts this is the link to the Mother Jones data set: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

Here's their guide to mass shootings with more information: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map/

In there is more on the silliness of focusing on rifles first - of the 143 weapons used - 94 handguns - 28 rifles - 21 shotguns.

2018 so far - 5
2017 - 11
2016 - 6
2015 - 7
2014 - 4
2013 - 5
2012 - 7
2011 - 3
2010 - 1
2009 - 4
2008 - 3

1999 had 5, 1993 had 4 - it seemed to hover right around that number for quite some time with gaps of years without any. So yes there
are more mass killings, I don't know whether it qualifies as an epidemic. I'm still firmly in the camp that at least some of the shooters are copycats and I don't know how you end that without ending the publicizing of their names.

If you choose to end the discussion, that's your prerogative. It's what normally happens when anyone cites facts vs the emotional arguments. You know like the argument to solve mass killings by banning the weapon used in the minority of mass killings just because it looks scary.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 7:37 am

I will now await brainiac Travis to post calling Mother Jones a right wing rag.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun May 20, 2018 7:39 am

I'd just like to say that murdering people is wrong and you'll never find me attempting to justify it with a bunch of random statistics or bible verses or NRA bylaws.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 7:45 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd just like to say that murdering people is wrong and you'll never find me attempting to justify it with a bunch of random statistics or bible verses or NRA bylaws.

Bob honey? Who is trying to justify murder? Sometimes you step right off into idiocy in your attempts at snark.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun May 20, 2018 7:53 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Excuse me if I missed the subject switch from just school shootings to mass shootings in general. And again the not useful idiot Travis chimes in with his false information too. The statistics I provided came from a Northeastern University study, if you want to get funding to take a year to "debunk" them go ahead. As far as mass shootings the most reliable numbers are Mother Jones.

And again like Travis, Pylon and others you're now making things up. Please point out for me where I said anything resembling this: "But you deny that there's a problem with school shootings in this country." What I did was point you to a factual, scholarly study that shows that school shootings are not more prevalent now than there were previously. Contrary to your assertion that doesn't mean I dismiss them as a problem, it means I'm not going to join in the ill informed hysteria that they're spiraling out of control.

If seeing facts ends that contradict your feelings is enough to end conversations then so be it. You'll have your chorus of trained monkeys cheering you on.

Now if you're interested in facts this is the link to the Mother Jones data set: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

Here's their guide to mass shootings with more information: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map/

In there is more on the silliness of focusing on rifles first - of the 143 weapons used - 94 handguns - 28 rifles - 21 shotguns.

2018 so far - 5
2017 - 11
2016 - 6
2015 - 7
2014 - 4
2013 - 5
2012 - 7
2011 - 3
2010 - 1
2009 - 4
2008 - 3

1999 had 5, 1993 had 4 - it seemed to hover right around that number for quite some time with gaps of years without any. So yes there
are more mass killings, I don't know whether it qualifies as an epidemic. I'm still firmly in the camp that at least some of the shooters are copycats and I don't know how you end that without ending the publicizing of their names.

If you choose to end the discussion, that's your prerogative. It's what normally happens when anyone cites facts vs the emotional arguments. You know like the argument to solve mass killings by banning the weapon used in the minority of mass killings just because it looks scary.

I find it ironic that you have a theory that some of these shooters are "copycats" and commit these murders for the sheer copycat thrill of it. Then blame the media for glorifying these murders, as if the glorification, advertising, or marketing of the crime plays any role in someone wanting to kill others.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 7:59 am

kingstonlake wrote:I find it ironic that you have a theory that some of these shooters are "copycats" and commit these murders for the sheer copycat thrill of it. Then blame the media for glorifying these murders, as if the glorification, advertising, or marketing of the crime plays any role in someone wanting to kill others.

So to be clear - you don't think copycats exist or you don't think the media plays a role in creating them? Or both?

I think if you do some research on it you'll find that copycat crimes are not just a theory but a reality.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun May 20, 2018 8:04 am

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I find it ironic that you have a theory that some of these shooters are "copycats" and commit these murders for the sheer copycat thrill of it. Then blame the media for glorifying these murders, as if the glorification, advertising, or marketing of the crime plays any role in someone wanting to kill others.

So to be clear - you don't think copycats exist or you don't think the media plays a role in creating them? Or both?

I think if you do some research on it you'll find that copycat crimes are not just a theory but a reality.

Then why do you hold the media at fault for reporting on these crimes and glorifying or basically advertising them yet don't hold the gun industry accountable for purposefully marketing guns like the AR-15 that are obviously marketed to look like cool killing machines that most of these kids are attracted to ?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun May 20, 2018 8:35 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd just like to say that murdering people is wrong and you'll never find me attempting to justify it with a bunch of random statistics or bible verses or NRA bylaws.

Bob honey? Who is trying to justify murder? Sometimes you step right off into idiocy in your attempts at snark.
simply saying that murder of anyone is wrong without any caveats, convolution of statistics, mainstream media links, NRA terrorist propaganda, etc.

You would agree with that, right?

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 am

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So to be clear - you don't think copycats exist or you don't think the media plays a role in creating them?   Or both?

Then why do you hold the media at fault for reporting on these crimes and glorifying or basically advertising them yet don't hold the gun industry accountable for purposefully marketing guns like the AR-15 that are obviously marketed to look like cool killing machines that most of these kids are attracted to ?

1) What would you guess the television time for gun ads is vs the time spent on the shootings?

2) Do you have some examples of this advertising and marketing you're referencing?   I've never seen it but then again I'm pretty sheltered out here in hicksville.   I'm pretty sure some won't like this request but you're stating something as factual that i've not seen so asking for examples is fair I think.

3) The ARs have been sold to the public since the 1960s, what changed to make them into "cool killing machines"?

Last edited by LooseGoose on Sun May 20, 2018 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 8:50 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

simply saying that murder of anyone is wrong without any caveats, convolution of statistics, mainstream media links, NRA terrorist propaganda, etc.

You didn't answer my question. It always amazes me how people here are quick to condemn me in these discussions but constantly let your bullshit slide. Again I ask: Who is trying to justify murder? You made the statement, who are you accusing?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun May 20, 2018 9:03 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: simply saying that murder of anyone is wrong without any caveats, convolution of statistics, mainstream media links, NRA terrorist propaganda, etc.

You didn't answer my question. It always amazes me how people here are quick to condemn me in these discussions but constantly let your bullshit slide. Again I ask: Who is trying to justify murder? You made the statement, who are you accusing?
you seem paranoid.

Going running.. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 9:06 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you seem paranoid.

And again, no answer. So no one was trying to justify anything, it was just more of your bullshit. Talk a little more about the credibility of others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun May 20, 2018 9:33 am

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

1) What would you guess the television time for gun ads is vs the time spent on the shootings?

2) Do you have some examples of this advertising and marketing you're referencing?   I've never seen it but then again I'm pretty sheltered out here in hicksville.   I'm pretty sure some won't like this request but you're stating something as factual that i've not seen so asking for examples is fair I think.

3) The ARs have been sold to the public since the 1960s, what changed to make them into "cool killing machines"?

Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 5f376110

Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 50cf5110
Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 Barret10
Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 Bushma10
Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 Cb2nhu10
Santa Fe School Shooting.  - Page 5 Laruea10

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 am

Not that you'll hold any gun manufacturer accountable like you do the media, Goose.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun May 20, 2018 9:44 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you seem paranoid.

And again, no answer. So no one was trying to justify anything, it was just more of your bullshit. Talk a little more about the credibility of others.
dude - the post you quoted and has you so upset wasn't quoting anyone or directed toward anyone. It was a simple, declarative statement by me.

How you choose to handle the statement is entirely up to you. I'm under no obligation to answer any questions based on how someone interprets a post not directed toward anyone in particular.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 9:49 am

Stan Larsen wrote:

They don’t love the troops. They love the idea of the troops. They love pretending like they love the troops. They love rooting for a side like their lives are sport. They don’t give the first fucking shit about the people themselves in reality.

Probably not all trumpers. But most of them.

They like the troops because most of them are from the same social class (i.e., working class, didn't/couldn't go to college, etc.)

Good thing no stupid asses like them post here, they would really drag the discourse on the board down bro.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I would oppose the shit out of that, but I like my fourth amendment rights...

The way I see it, Pandora is out of the box. The gun manufacturers have succeeded in getting too many guns into circulation to ever get rid of. The NRA and their ilk like to say responsible gun owners are not the problem. Let's take them at their word. Let's introduce legislation to put stiffer penalties in place for owning/possessing unregistered firearms, and let's also make it so that if a firearm that is registered in your name is used in a crime, you are guilty of that crime as well and get exactly the same penalty as the perpetrator. Call it the Responsible Gun Owner Act or some shit.

Just give people incentive to lock their shit up. It wouldn't stop gun violence completely (that's obviously impossible), but it should help.

I'm onboard if applied to all items.   Guns, Cars, Boats, knives, pressure cookers, pipes - if something you own is used in a crime off to prison you go.
When our right to keep and bear pressure cookers is enshrined in the constitution, I will consider that a cogent and valid counterpoint.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next