Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

+20
Turtleneck
PennSpartan
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
duffy munn
TheReal_LWS
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
kingstonlake
Rocinante
steveschneider
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford Empty Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 15:40

Made the mistake of turning on the Valenti show and listened to everyone melt down about Matt Stafford.

I get it he's the new scapegoat now that Caldwell is gone. Why not just go to the real source of the problems? Bob Quinn and his stupid coach Patricia? This new era of Lions fan is hell bent on driving away the best talent they can get and replacing it with inferior shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford Empty Re: Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by Rocinante 2018-12-17, 15:42

Made the mistake of turning on the Valenti show

I hope you learned your lesson.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford Empty Re: Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 15:45

Rocinante wrote:
Made the mistake of turning on the Valenti show

I hope you learned your lesson.

The work day has been really slow and I can tell shit is slowing down for the holidays. Figured i'd turn it on to help time pass by. It made shit worse.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 16:24

Turning? I turned on him 5 years ago. An overpaid whiner. Wife runs his life.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 16:26

LooseGoose wrote:Turning? I turned on him 5 years ago. An overpaid whiner. Wife runs his life.

Him and Erik Kramer are the two best QBS of my life time. It can get a lot worse. Driving him out of town is not productive and it won't help.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 16:27

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Turning? I turned on him 5 years ago. An overpaid whiner. Wife runs his life.

Him and Erik Kramer are the two best QBS of my life time. It can get a lot worse. Driving him out of town is not productive and it won't help.

lol, worse? Come on - they've sucked with him.

They might also get better. I'll take the chance since with him we'll never win a damned thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-17, 16:30

Let me guess. Valenti says tank the season, and when they do he rips every loss?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 16:34

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

lol, worse? Come on - they've sucked with him.

They might also get better. I'll take the chance since with him we'll never win a damned thing.

Lions have sucked before him, with him and will suck after him. Anyone that can get 9 wins in Detroit is overachieving at a miserable franchise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-17, 17:14

steveschneider wrote:

He’s a top ten QB arm talent still. You don’t get rid of that. Unless you have an ace in the hole. Too risky otherwise
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-17, 17:17

Fuck the Lions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 17:20

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

He’s a top ten QB arm talent still. You don’t get rid of that. Unless you have an ace in the hole. Too risky otherwise

Agree 100%

The Lions biggest problem I've seen is their drafting. They suck at their 2nd and 3rd round picks. It's just an awful franchise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-17, 17:24

tGreenWay wrote:Fuck the Lions.

Look, this guy was just trying to poach a couple eggs in front of them. Doing what you’re asking is way too risky.

Lions eat poacher.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 17:45

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

He’s a top ten QB arm talent still.  You don’t get rid of that.  Unless you have an ace in the hole.  Too risky otherwise

Agree 100%

The Lions biggest problem I've seen is their drafting. They suck at  their 2nd and 3rd round picks. It's just an awful franchise.

Like Kerryon?  Walker?  Golladay?  AShawn Robinson?   Glasgow?   Those are the 2nd and 3rd round "busts" of Quinn - the guy you say is the "source of the problems".

Those are your "inferior shit" players.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-17, 17:54

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Agree 100%

The Lions biggest problem I've seen is their drafting. They suck at  their 2nd and 3rd round picks. It's just an awful franchise.

Like Kerryon?  Walker?  Golladay?  AShawn Robinson?   Glasgow?   Those are the 2nd and 3rd round "busts" of Quinn - the guy you say is the "source of the problems".

Those are your "inferior shit" players.

I agree he isn’t producing but there are a shit ton of examples of stepping out of the frying pan and into the fire with this position. I don’t know the answer but it’s not on their roster right now. It could be a bigger shit show without him. Tough call.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 17:57

We've had one inferior player leading the Lions for close to 10 years now.

Multiple GMS
Multiple Coaches
Hall of Fame teammates.

And he's the constant.

No playoff wins. Many, many choke jobs when it mattered most.

You can say he's a "top ten talent" - so were Jeff George and Jay Cutler. Matt Stafford belongs right there with them. Talented losers. Just enticing enough to cost you your job.

$30M a year down the tubes. $150M+ so far down that rathole.

Yeah we can't afford to lose that talent. Wags as a Packer fan is happy we have the loser.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 18:05

65-74 Career record - yeah we can't let go of that.  We might suck.

And in case you think it's me ranting - take off your home player blinders -

From Pro Football Reference:
================
Players whose career was of similar quality and shape:
Career: Tony Romo, Daryle Lamonica, Brian Sipe, Andy Dalton, Joe Theismann, Michael Vick, Alex Smith, Trent Green, Don Meredith, Mark Brunell

================
How many of those would be "untouchable"?????  Lamonica - maybe  Romo and Theismann, maybe for a while.    But Dalton, Sipe, Smith, Green, etc....are about right.
Just good enough for your team to win 9 games now and then or suck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 18:13

The Pistons have the same shit going with Drummond. They won't be contenders again until they shed his ass. They keep building around him, they should have built without him.

The Lions had to choose 2 of 3 with Stafford, Suh and Calvin. They should have kept Calvin and Suh. A QB like Wilson or Cousins would have done quite well throwing to Calvin, eh? And he might still be around if he weren't sentenced to being teamed with a loser.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-12-17, 18:21

As someone who enjoys seeing the Lions lose, I say extend Stafford.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-17, 18:22

LooseGoose wrote:We've had one inferior player leading the Lions for close to 10 years now.

Multiple GMS
Multiple Coaches
Hall of Fame teammates.

And he's the constant.

You can say he's a "top ten talent" - so were Jeff George and Jay Cutler. Matt Stafford belongs right there with them. Talented losers. Just enticing enough to cost you your job.

Yeah we can't afford to lose that talent. Wags as a Packer fan is happy we have the loser.

No I’m legit in the middle. I get he hasn’t produced and how frustrating that is, but do you remember the shit show in Green Bay when Rodgers was out last year? You better have a plan B is all I’m saying. Or just add a shit QB to that turd show of the lions and go 1-15 the next two years and build the draft. But remember, he did improve this defense. Lions could be a playoff team if they pick up Hunt from the chiefs. That would take ball.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-17, 18:22

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Fuck the Lions.

Look, this guy was just trying to poach a couple eggs in front of them. Doing what you’re asking is way too risky.

Lions eat poacher.

What a great story. Usually, I’d say poachers can eat shit, but in this case, the poacher actually done got eaten and is now lion shit.

Edit: Or rather, he was lion shit. Now he’s probably got weeds and grasses sprouting through him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-12-17, 18:29

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:We've had one inferior player leading the Lions for close to 10 years now.

Multiple GMS
Multiple Coaches
Hall of Fame teammates.

And he's the constant.

No I’m legit in the middle. I get he hasn’t produced and how frustrating that is, but do you remember the shit show in Green Bay when Rodgers was out last year? You better have a plan B is all I’m saying. Or just add a shit QB to that turd show of the lions and go 1-15 the next two years and build the draft. But remember, he did improve this defense. Lions could be a playoff team if they pick up Hunt from the chiefs. That would take ball.

If you're not good enough to make the playoffs and win a game or two, far better to lose as much as possible and get a high draft pick for a shot at a franchise QB. Better than putting up mediocre 4,000 yard seasons and winning just enough to stay in the middle.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-17, 18:31

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

If you're not good enough to make the playoffs and win a game or two, far better to lose as much as possible and get a high draft pick for a shot at a franchise QB. Better than putting up mediocre 4,000 yard seasons and winning just enough to stay in the middle.

Know who did that to the lions forever? Barry Sanders.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 18:32

DWags wrote:No I’m legit in the middle.  I get he hasn’t produced and how frustrating that is, but do you remember the shit show in Green Bay when Rodgers was out last year?  You better have a plan B is all I’m saying.  Or just add a shit QB to that turd show of the lions and go 1-15 the next two years and build the draft.  But remember, he did improve this defense.  Lions could be a playoff team if they pick up Hunt from the chiefs. That would take ball.

Comparing the track record of Aaron Rogers to Matt Stafford is a Packer fan joke.

Career record 99-56-1
QBRating 103 vs 88
17 play off games - 9-7 record as a starter.  Stafford?  3 playoff games - all losses.
Most similar:
Career Matt Ryan, Steve Young*, Roger Staubach*, Philip Rivers, Dan Fouts*, Ken Anderson, Randall Cunningham, Joe Montana*, Mark Brunell, Kurt Warner*

See those Asterisks??   Those are HoF players....note how many were in Stafford's most comparable??   ZERO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 18:35

Even the NON HoF players in Roger's comparables are better - Ryan? Possible HoF. Rivers? Probably HoF. Kenny Anderson? Anyone that remembers him could make a case for the HoF.

They're just not on the same plane.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 18:38

steveschneider wrote:Him and Erik Kramer are the two best QBS of my life time. It can get a lot worse. Driving him out of town is not productive and it won't help.

And this is horrible reasoning. You should know better.

It's like saying that 68 year old Moscow hooker was the best piece of ass you've ever had after spending your life screwing 80 year old Army whores.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-17, 18:41

Bring orlovsky back.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-12-17, 18:41

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

And at the time, RB might have been as important as QB. But not anymore.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 18:45

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Well in 10 years he got to 6 playoff games...and won 1. Better track record that Stafford.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 18:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bring orlovsky back.

We'd have $30M to spend elsewhere. Think we could bolster a few other positions with that $$?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-17, 18:48

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well in 10 years he got to 6 playoff games...and won 1. Better track record that Stafford.

True. Best ever running back. But kept the lions and the shit they had around him just outside of the playoffs or in them for a game for a decade. Then middle of the pack draft choices. I’m glad the packers fucked up and took Tony Mandarich ahead of him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 18:55

You plug in Tom Brady in his prime and the results are the same. Lions have had and always had glaring deficiencies on that team. You have to be able to draft and to be good and the Lions ain’t drafting good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-17, 18:57

I expected Barry Sanders to be the best player on the roster and he was. I expect the same from Dylan Larkin and he is, I expect the same from Blake Griffin and he is. I expected Miguel Cabrera to be when he was in his prime and paid like it, and he was. Matt Stafford is in his prime, the highest paid player on the team, and he isn't the best player on the roster.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 19:16

Last week, a factoid tweeted by the NFL's research department spread around social media. Five of the six highest-paid NFL quarterbacks based on average annual value - Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo, Matthew Stafford and Derek Carr - are in line to miss the playoffs. And Kirk Cousins, the other member of the top six, has Minnesota clinging to the second wild-card spot.

The NFL's highest paid quarterbacks will be watching some of the cheapest in the playoffs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 19:17

kingstonlake wrote:I expected Barry Sanders to be the best player on the roster and he was. I expect the same from Dylan Larkin and he is, I expect the same from Blake Griffin and he is. I expected Miguel Cabrera to be when he was in his prime and paid like it, and he was. Matt Stafford is in his prime, the highest paid player on the team, and he isn't the best player on the roster.

Who is better on the offense than stafford? His coaches, receivers, ol and rbs all suck.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 19:22

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I expected Barry Sanders to be the best player on the roster and he was. I expect the same from Dylan Larkin and he is, I expect the same from Blake Griffin and he is. I expected Miguel Cabrera to be when he was in his prime and paid like it, and he was. Matt Stafford is in his prime, the highest paid player on the team, and he isn't the best player on the roster.

Who is better on the offense than stafford? His coaches, receivers, ol and rbs all suck.

I would take Kerryon or Golladay over Stafford.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 19:24

And you can scoff at that but ask yourself this:

If I put Stafford - Kerryon - Golleday - on the trade market tomorrow what offers would I get?

I guarantee you that you would get offered more for the latter 2, either of them would likely bring you a 1st. Stafford I don't think you could into day 2. No team except the Lions wants to pay him $30M a year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-12-17, 19:30

Never been a Stafford fan but it's hard to ignore he's never had a good OL, via roster and/or injuries and/or OL coaching. Gotta give him credit for taking a beating and keeping on ticking. 6th longest starting streak for an NFL quarterback?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-17, 19:34

steveschneider wrote:

He should be the best player on the roster period. But I agree with goose. I'd take Galloday and Johnson on offense. Probably snacks and arguably Slay on defense.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-17, 19:35

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Him and Erik Kramer are the two best QBS of my life time. It can get a lot worse. Driving him out of town is not productive and it won't help.

And this is horrible reasoning. You should know better.

It's like saying that 68 year old Moscow hooker was the best piece of ass you've ever had after spending your life screwing 80 year old Army whores.

It’s also bad grammar, but I die grass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 19:39

George Costanza as Matthew Stafford.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next