Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

+20
Turtleneck
PennSpartan
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
duffy munn
TheReal_LWS
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
kingstonlake
Rocinante
steveschneider
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 5 Empty Re: Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-07, 13:11

LooseGoose wrote:Nick Foles - 4 playoff wins.
Matt Stafford - 0 playoff wins.

Eagles have a better GM.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 5 Empty Re: Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-07, 13:13

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/01/eagles-howie-roseman-is-the-best-gm-in-the-nfl-and-it-showed-in-sundays-win-over-chicago-bears.html

Read it all the way to the end.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-07, 13:22

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Nick Foles - 4 playoff wins.
Matt Stafford - 0 playoff wins.

Eagles have a better GM.

And Jim Schwartz.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-07, 13:46

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Eagles have a better GM.

And Jim Schwartz.

We probably are reaching a point of agreement but I thought both Schwartz and Caldwell were better than Patricia.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-07, 14:07

They should fire Patricia and Quinn, and make Matty S. the first ever QB/GM/Head Coach.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-12, 08:14

1st proposed trade I've seen by a Detroit writer....though I don't know why we're throwing in a 3rd rounder.

Detroit Lions should trade Matthew Stafford to Denver Broncos | Opinion
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-12, 08:25

LooseGoose wrote:1st proposed trade I've seen by a Detroit writer....though I don't know why we're throwing in a 3rd rounder.

Detroit Lions should trade Matthew Stafford to Denver Broncos | Opinion

He's untradable for at least two seasons with that contract
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-18, 08:28

Guest wrote:And you can scoff at that but ask yourself this:

If I put Stafford - Kerryon - Golleday - on the trade market tomorrow what offers would I get?

I guarantee you that you would get offered more for the latter 2, either of them would likely bring you a 1st. Stafford I don't think you could into day 2. No team except the Lions wants to pay him $30M a year.

Guest was not a big Matt Stafford fan.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-01-18, 09:15

Stafford looked good against the Cardinals but he faced a team that put very little pressure on him compared to what the 49’ers did the week before and Kingsbury’s team lost its last five going into the playoff game.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-23, 08:43

Go Rams
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-23, 09:27

NigelUno wrote:Go Rams
This will be a good test of whether Stafford is the real deal.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-01-23, 09:45

This
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-23, 09:48

Go bucs. Go…. Damn it. Go Brady. *dry heaves, shudders, thinks about why he just said that, knows it’s for the best.*
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-23, 10:53

The Rams Are A Matchup Nightmare For The Buccaneers
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-14, 07:56

PennSpartan wrote:
This will be a good test of whether Stafford is the real deal.

Had a good game minus a few weapons.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-14, 08:49

Real question is, how doe Goff feel today.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-14, 09:58

DWags wrote:Real question is, how doe Goff feel today.

Probably thinking he could have won with that team, and then counting his blessings that he's in a town that loves him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-02-14, 10:34

[tw]1493062835039092737?s=20&t=h_P5OoYvA6Sg-w9Ah9ICHg[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-02-14, 13:27

way to do it for detroit, matt
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-14, 14:01

Fact is, the rams went all in and mortgaged their future on this season. Wasn’t just Stamford. But they obviously thought he was an upgrade over Goff. Could Goff have won? Probably. But I wonder if the coaching staff also thought about how he was perceived in the locker room. I know this. In four years, losing all those draft picks, they’re going to suck. And when the rams had to beg their fans not to sell their tickets to the NFC championship game, when they’re below .500 that 8 billion dollar stadium will be empty.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-14, 17:30

DWags wrote:Fact is, the rams went all in and mortgaged their future on this season. Wasn’t just Stamford. But they obviously thought he was an upgrade over Goff. Could Goff have won? Probably. But I wonder if the coaching staff also thought about how he was perceived in the locker room. I know this. In four years, losing all those draft picks, they’re going to suck. And when the rams had to beg their fans not to sell their tickets to the NFC championship game, when they’re below .500 that 8 billion dollar stadium will be empty.

Not having draft picks won't hurt them that bad. They don't have money to spend on them anyway. Not sure if they could extend Stafford somehow (FA after 2022) to give them more cap space.

Projected Cap Space: -$13.7M (28th)

Notable Free Agents: Edge Von Miller, WR Odell Beckham Jr., CB Darious Williams, C Brian Allen, G Austin Corbett, RB Sony Michel, DI Sebastian Joseph-Day, Edge Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, T Joseph Noteboom
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-02-14, 19:30

DWags wrote:Fact is, the rams went all in and mortgaged their future on this season. Wasn’t just Stamford. But they obviously thought he was an upgrade over Goff. Could Goff have won? Probably. But I wonder if the coaching staff also thought about how he was perceived in the locker room. I know this. In four years, losing all those draft picks, they’re going to suck. And when the rams had to beg their fans not to sell their tickets to the NFC championship game, when they’re below .500 that 8 billion dollar stadium will be empty.

No fucking chance.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-14, 20:48

Cameron wrote:

No fucking chance.

Yeah, won’t argue that. Just throwing it out there. He doesn’t suck. He’s not great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-14, 21:33

The Lions could sign Stafford again for ‘23. Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 5 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-14, 21:39

DWags wrote:Fact is, the rams went all in and mortgaged their future on this season. Wasn’t just Stamford.  But they obviously thought he was an upgrade over Goff.  Could Goff have won?  Probably. But I wonder if the coaching staff also thought about how he was perceived in the locker room.   I know this. In four years, losing all those draft picks, they’re going to suck.  And when the rams had to beg their fans not to sell their tickets to the NFC championship game, when they’re below .500 that 8 billion dollar stadium will be empty.

In before Death Roe. He’s going to have something to say about this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-02-15, 20:24

Super Bowl featuring ex-Lion Matthew Stafford draws huge ratings in Detroit

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2022/02/15/super-bowl-matthew-stafford-tv-ratings-detroit/6788021001/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-02-15, 20:32

Turtleneck wrote:Super Bowl featuring ex-Lion Matthew Stafford draws huge ratings in Detroit

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2022/02/15/super-bowl-matthew-stafford-tv-ratings-detroit/6788021001/

Those #s are mind bottling. The Super Bowl blows everything else out of the water and it's not even close. Printing press for money.

List of most watched television broadcasts in the United States
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-16, 07:24

We watch it for the commercials ... others watch it for the half time show ...

I hear a few even watch it for the game.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-02-16, 07:46

If you watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, you are wasting 4 hours of your life. Have you heard of Netflix?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-16, 08:02

Cameron wrote:If you watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, you are wasting 4 hours of your life. Have you heard of Netflix?

Not at all, we play board games and watch the commercials ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-02-16, 14:42

The commercials have been complete shit for at least a decade, but you do you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-02-16, 15:18

Cameron wrote:If you watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, you are wasting 4 hours of your life. Have you heard of Netflix?

truly the worst take at every super bowl party.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-02-16, 15:42

I think people's expectations of super bowl commercials are just way too high. They are commercials, not cinematic works of art.

In general, I hate commercials and actually watch very few. The fact that some of the super bowl ones are mildly entertaining I think is a win.

I enjoyed the Chevy Soprano's one a lot because I loved the show and the intro. The wife is from NJ and I recognize many of the scenes from personal experience. I got a kick out of the fact that it ended at Bahr's restaurant in Highlands, a restaurant we have been to several times.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-16, 15:46

Cameron wrote:The commercials have been complete shit for at least a decade, but you do you.

I liked Super Bowl commercials when it wasn't cool to watch them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-02-16, 16:45

MSU addict wrote:I think people's expectations of super bowl commercials are just way too high. They are commercials, not cinematic works of art.

In general, I hate commercials and actually watch very few. The fact that some of the super bowl ones are mildly entertaining I think is a win.

I enjoyed the Chevy Soprano's one a lot because I loved the show and the intro. The wife is from NJ and I recognize many of the scenes from personal experience. I got a kick out of the fact that it ended at Bahr's restaurant in Highlands, a restaurant we have been to several times.

The media hype over just the idea of SB commercials got so big, which raised people's expectations, which caused ad producers to want to live up to the hype, which caused them to try way too hard. It peaked in the early-mid 90s.

Having said that, I did like the Austin Powers commercial and I liked the Larry David commercial (there's an extended version online with some other funny bits that ended up on the cutting room floor). But you know what? I have absolutely no recollection what those ads were for, which means they were failures as commercials (unless I'm just in a tiny minority, which is possible).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-02-16, 17:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:
MSU addict wrote:I think people's expectations of super bowl commercials are just way too high. They are commercials, not cinematic works of art.

The media hype over just the idea of SB commercials got so big, which raised people's expectations, which caused ad producers to want to live up to the hype, which caused them to try way too hard. It peaked in the early-mid 90s.

Having said that, I did like the Austin Powers commercial and I liked the Larry David commercial (there's an extended version online with some other funny bits that ended up on the cutting room floor). But you know what? I have absolutely no recollection what those ads were for, which means they were failures as commercials (unless I'm just in a tiny minority, which is possible).

I agree that those were the best ones.

Kinda makes my point, I think. If you don't care about the game, it's silly to spend your time watching 30 second spots that are like "remember Austin Powers?" or "remember Larry David?" instead of just watching Austin Powers or Curb Your Enthusiasm or whatever. And those were the best commercials of the night. Most were much worse than that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-02-16, 20:02

Yeah, I haven't cared about the commercials in years and years. I actually use that time to use the restroom, grab a drink/munchies, etc. Which is what commercials during football are meant for.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-02-17, 23:16

I guess he is getting some heat for this...she was hurt pretty bad.

[tw]1494140383378518022?s=20&t=6TxjJ_aacFT4TNk4zxC1ww[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-17, 23:28

That’s going to leave a massive head wound.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5