Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

+20
Turtleneck
PennSpartan
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
duffy munn
TheReal_LWS
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
kingstonlake
Rocinante
steveschneider
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 4 Empty Re: Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 6:10

steveschneider wrote:In the spirit of the holidays let's all be nice to each other. It's just sports.

Nah.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 4 Empty Re: Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by steveschneider Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 7:43

Fans that want Stafford ousted remind me of all the Tiger fans that were getting the “Dave Dumbrowski” monicker going. They got their wish when he was fired and what did he do next???

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 7:52

#teamSteve
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 8:19

steveschneider wrote:Fans that want Stafford ousted remind me of all the Tiger fans that were getting the “Dave Dumbrowski” monicker going. They got their wish when he was fired and what did he do next???

So you believe that Stafford will become GM of a future Superbowl winner?!?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 8:25

steveschneider wrote:Fans that want Stafford ousted remind me of all the Tiger fans that were getting the “Dave Dumbrowski” monicker going. They got their wish when he was fired and what did he do next???

Went to a team with Bogaerts, Pedrioa, Ortiz, Betts, Benintendi, Bradley, and Hanley Ramierez, David Ortiz, Porcello, Price, and a closer (Craig Kimbrel)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 8:42

kingstonlake wrote:

Went to a team with Bogaerts, Pedrioa, Ortiz, Betts, Benintendi, Bradley, and Hanley Ramierez, David Ortiz, Porcello, Price, and a closer (Craig Kimbrel)
And more $$ to spend. Let's see how they're doing when the salary chickens come home to roost like here. Building a good baseball team when you have $240M to spend isn't magical.

Mar 27, 2018 - The Boston Red Sox have the highest payroll in Major League Baseball entering the 2018 season by a wide margin

LAS VEGAS -- The Boston Red Sox's 2018 payroll exceeded the second surcharge rate threshold (third tax threshold) of $237 million in 2018. They will pay a penalty.

The Red Sox's top selection in the 2019 June Draft will be moved back 10 slots. The club also will pay a competitive balance tax of more than $10.4 million.

The second surcharge rate threshold (third threshold) increases from $237 million in 2018 to $246 million in 2019.

Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said he would prefer to keep the payroll under $246 million in 2019. Staying under would prevent the Red Sox's top draft pick in 2020 from being moved back 10 slots again.

Reports surfaced Tuesday that the Red Sox are "openly listening" to Rick Porcello offers; and Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr. might be available as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 8:44

kingstonlake wrote:

And then went on to become 2018 MLB Executive of the Year. I don’t see them calling him Dumbrowski out in Beantown.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 8:48

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

And then went on to become 2018 MLB Executive of the Year. I don’t see them calling him Dumbrowski out in Beantown.

And of course the huge difference is that Dave Dombrowski won a world title in Miami and has now won a world title in Boston. He won numerous AL Central titles and AL Pennants here.

Matthew Stafford last won a title in high school. But you go ahead and compare the success level of the two.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 8:49

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

And more $$ to spend. Let's see how they're doing when the salary chickens come home to roost like here. Building a good baseball team when you have $240M to spend isn't magical.

Mar 27, 2018 - The Boston Red Sox have the highest payroll in Major League Baseball entering the 2018 season by a wide margin

LAS VEGAS -- The Boston Red Sox's 2018 payroll exceeded the second surcharge rate threshold (third tax threshold) of $237 million in 2018. They will pay a penalty.

The Red Sox's top selection in the 2019 June Draft will be moved back 10 slots. The club also will pay a competitive balance tax of more than $10.4 million.

The second surcharge rate threshold (third threshold) increases from $237 million in 2018 to $246 million in 2019.

Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said he would prefer to keep the payroll under $246 million in 2019. Staying under would prevent the Red Sox's top draft pick in 2020 from being moved back 10 slots again.

Reports surfaced Tuesday that the Red Sox are "openly listening" to Rick Porcello offers; and Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr. might be available as well.

They've only been battling the Yankees for playoff spots since the 80's. But yeah, they'll probably collapse any minute now. Genius.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 8:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote: And more $$ to spend. Let's see how they're doing when the salary chickens come home to roost like here. Building a good baseball team when you have $240M to spend isn't magical.

They've only been battling the Yankees for playoff spots since the 80's. But yeah, they'll probably collapse any minute now. Genius.

You forgot to edit my post and add the word "collapse". Otherwise I don't see how you're attributing that word to me? Other than the fact that as usual your low level of reading comprehension is coming into play.

Pylon "proves" that spending big money for decades means you never have a bad record.
2015 78-84
2014 71-91
2012 69-93

Try again Mr. Brain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 9:06

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You forgot to edit my post and add the word "collapse". Otherwise I don't see how you're attributing that word to me? Other than the fact that as usual your low level of reading comprehension is coming into play.

Pylon "proves" that spending big money for decades means you never have a bad record.
2015 78-84
2014 71-91
2012 69-93

Try again Mr. Brain.

Then what are you implying when you say, "Let's see how they're doing when the salary chickens come home to roost like here."? Use your words like a big boy and explain yourself, or ignore the question like you usually do. Your call.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 9:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

2015 78-84
2014 71-91
2012 69-93

Try again Mr. Brain.

Then what are you implying when you say, "Let's see how they're doing when the salary chickens come home to roost like here."? Use your words like a big boy and explain yourself, or ignore the question like you usually do. Your call.

lol, the man talks about ignoring. Tell us more about how 69 or 71 wins is "battling" for a playoff spot. With that kind of logic it's no wonder you're a Stafford slurper.

I'm implying they'll go downhill, it's really sort of easy since they have no other way to go. Getting worse doesn't necessarily mean a total collapse except in your Hallmark addled brain. Now get back to making the boss her popcorn.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 9:50

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

And of course the huge difference is that Dave Dombrowski won a world title in Miami and has now won a world title in Boston. He won numerous AL Central titles and AL Pennants here.

Matthew Stafford last won a title in high school. But you go ahead and compare the success level of the two.

True. The point is there was a mob calling for his ouster and that mob isn't looking so bright right now. You have a good baseball mind and we both understand that Dombrowski's record speaks for itself.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 9:54

At the end of the day I think Lions fans just need to understand who we are. Stafford is our ceiling and you drive him out of town the odds are it will get worse.

Caldwell was our ceiling and we ran him out of town and it got worse. Next time we get a nine game winner in town you enjoy it. Don't get drunk on minor success and form a 'championships or bust' mob. You are only going to thwart progress.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 10:26

steveschneider wrote:At the end of the day I think Lions fans just need to understand who we are. Stafford is our ceiling and you drive him out of town the odds are it will get worse.

Caldwell was our ceiling and we ran him out of town and it got worse. Next time we get a nine game winner in town you enjoy it. Don't get drunk on minor success and form a 'championships or bust' mob. You are only going to thwart progress.

At this point (5-9) "worse" would winning one of the next two games. Think about that. And this is with Stafford....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 10:30

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:At the end of the day I think Lions fans just need to understand who we are. Stafford is our ceiling and you drive him out of town the odds are it will get worse.

At this point (5-9) "worse" would winning one of the next two games. Think about that. And this is with Stafford....

That's because the Lions were stupid and fired their coach for a guy with little experience. Stafford's numbers have also regressed under Patricia. Under Caldwell Peyton Manning, Flacco and Stafford's numbers improved.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 13:03

Fire everyone! The next guys in line will be the ones to lead the team to the Super Bowl. No doubt in my mind.

I mean, we got nowhere to go but up, right Goose?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 13:24

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

That's because the Lions were stupid and fired their coach for a guy with little experience. Stafford's numbers have also regressed under Patricia. Under Caldwell Peyton Manning, Flacco and Stafford's numbers improved.

I don't disagree with you on Caldwell. If you're going to make that move it needs to be an upgrade from jump street. Doesn't appear to be.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 13:51

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don't disagree with you on Caldwell. If you're going to make that move it needs to be an upgrade from jump street. Doesn't appear to be.

I've met rocks that can coach better than Patricia.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 14:43

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Caldwell had flaws but in my lifetime him and Fontes were the best two coaches the team had. Caldwell is also good with QBs - Peyton Manning, Flacco and Stafford's numbers all improved under him.

Maybe it was time for him to go but as I've seen many times after Fontes it can always get a lot worse. Caldwell strung together 36 wins in 4 seasons I bet it's a long time before we see another run like that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 16:26

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Caldwell had flaws but in my lifetime him and Fontes were the best two coaches the team had. Caldwell is also good with QBs - Peyton Manning, Flacco and Stafford's numbers all improved under him.

Maybe it was time for him to go but as I've seen many times after Fontes it can always get a lot worse. Caldwell strung together 36 wins in 4 seasons I bet it's a long time before we see another run like that.

Oh for the great times of averaging 1 win over .500!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 16:30

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Oh for the great times of averaging 1 win over .500!!!

It was better than now which is .357%
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 8:22

Quiz: Which Lion player has been there the longest in this culture of losers?

Ricky Jean Francois: Time to change the people in the Lions culture
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:38

And I really don't see this happening. No return and an enormous cap hit.

NFL exec to ESPN: Lions will trade QB Matthew Stafford
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:43

Dump him. He's only good for 9 wins anyway. Eat the 30 million and get yourself a top three pick next year with your top 7 this year. Be done with his contract and a 9 win ceiling. Over it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:45

kingstonlake wrote:Dump him. He's only good for 9 wins anyway. Eat the 30 million and get yourself a top three pick next year with your top 7 this year. Be done with his contract and a 9 win ceiling. Over it.

I see Caldwell interviewed or is going to for the Green Bay job. If he gets it we could trade Stafford for Rodgers.

Jim Caldwell reportedly interviews for Packers’ head coaching job
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:48

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Dump him. He's only good for 9 wins anyway. Eat the 30 million and get yourself a top three pick next year with your top 7 this year. Be done with his contract and a 9 win ceiling. Over it.

I see Caldwell interviewed or is going to for the Green Bay job. If he gets it we could trade Stafford for Rodgers.

Did they get Rodgers permission to interview him?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 3:33

One NFL exec believes the Lions trade Stafford.

But, the cap is the problem. Not a small one.

“But the financial ramifications of trading Stafford always will loom over any discussion of severing ties. In 2019, he's set to have a cap hit of $29.5 million, but also carries $30 million in dead money, tied to his $50 million signing bonus. That means it would cost the Lions more cap space to trade him than to keep him, and that's not even factoring in the cost of a potential replacement. ”
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 8:24

LooseGoose wrote:

Jim Caldwell was always happy to help teams over the Rooney Rule hump.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 8:35

Jim is a good coach and good with QBs. He’d do a good job at GB. Would be funny to watch him come back and beat up on Detroit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 9:00

Again, people who think Stafford is the biggest problem on this team are just the dumbest. Happy Holidays!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 9:42

Fire Quinn.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 9:53

steveschneider wrote:Fire Quinn.

Millen held the job for 7 years. Just sayin.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 14:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Again, people who think Stafford is the biggest problem on this team are just the dumbest. Happy Holidays!

If Matt Stafford was the QB for MSU with the same results, it would be the biggest fan mutiny in MSU history.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 9:52

He's a stand up guy.

Lions' Matthew Stafford offers tepid endorsement of Jim Bob Cooter

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Jan 2019 - 13:43

The Curse of a Salary-Cap-Eating Quarterback

The problem with teams committing so much of their cap space to quarterbacks is that it is clearly an unsuccessful strategy. None of the five highest-paid quarterbacks in 2018 by average salary—Rodgers, Atlanta’s Matt Ryan, Minnesota’s Kirk Cousins, Garoppolo, and Detroit’s Matthew Stafford—made the playoffs. Only Cousins came close. It’s overly simplistic to say that paying a quarterback a lot of money prohibits a team from being successful. New Orleans’s Drew Brees, Indianapolis’s Andrew Luck, and Seattle’s Russell Wilson each make over $20 million a year. We’re dealing with a small sample size, but what is clear from the 2018 season is that there are too many quarterbacks being paid like superstars. And it’s very bad for team-building if your highly paid quarterback doesn’t play like a superstar.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 18:51

Lucky No. 4? Detroit Lions' OCs for Matthew Stafford haven't fared well

Can't be Stafford, must be the OCs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 12:50

Stupid NFL and YouTube.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sMLJpwrSVQ

Anyone that watches that pick 6 and blames anyone but Bob Quinn is a moron!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 13:02

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Stupid NFL and YouTube.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sMLJpwrSVQ

Anyone that watches that pick 6 and blames anyone but Bob Quinn is a moron!

Bob Quinn sucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 13:09

Nick Foles - 4 playoff wins.
Matt Stafford - 0 playoff wins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next