Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

+20
Turtleneck
PennSpartan
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
duffy munn
TheReal_LWS
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
kingstonlake
Rocinante
steveschneider
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 3 Empty Re: Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-12-17, 23:11

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The lions have way bigger problems than quarterback. The hot takes are steaming hot because the quarterback gets all the attention but at the end of the day I’ll worry about replacing stafford after we fix all of the other issues. He’s fine whatever.

When you don't have $135 million to invest in those way bigger problems, he kinda does become your biggest problem.
Fair enough I guess. But on the other hand when you invest in tj Lang and Wagner one year despite that and it still doesn’t work then I dunno fuck it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 3 Empty Re: Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-17, 23:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

When you don't have $135 million to invest in those way bigger problems, he kinda does become your biggest problem.
Fair enough I guess. But on the other hand when you invest in tj Lang and Wagner one year despite that and it still doesn’t work then I dunno fuck it.

Such is the Lions. Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 3 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-17, 23:17

Is this the professional sportsification of the swill? Lots of pistons/lions action.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-18, 00:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is this the professional sportsification of the swill? Lots of pistons/lions action.

It’s the only action you’re getting tonight.

Hi oh! Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 3 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-18, 05:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is this the professional sportsification of the swill? Lots of pistons/lions action.

Not much MSU-related sports going on. 🤷
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-18, 06:33

Lions are professional?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-18, 10:03

BTW, I guess the 4th quarter turnovers by Matty that cost them two games are all Quinn and JBC's fault too? LOL Dude is not a $25 million/year QB. That Eddie Jackson pick 6 on Tgiving was what you'd expect from an undrafted rookie QB, not a 10 year, $25million, "franchise" QB.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-18, 10:07

DWags wrote:

Lions are professional?

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 3 1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-12-18, 10:26

As a Steelers fan who grew up in Michigan I've been watching the Lions since 78. They have sucked forever but Stafford is the best QB they've had in my memory. Yes I know Kramer won a playoff game.

They have rolled the dice with him and looks like they've crapped out. But it's not like they really had a choice.

They signed him to that large rookie deal (old CBA) and it mostly paid off. Three wild cards, pro bowl for him and they werent dreadful. So they extended him. They thought they were building something around him.

They can't trade him now and they can't cut him - the time for that was before they extended him.

Now they have to rebuild on the fly. They don't have backs or receivers that would start on a playoff team might as well start there.

Hea not horrible. You can make the playoffs with him and maybe even steal a division crown in the right year.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-18, 10:33

Dr. Strangelove wrote:As a Steelers fan who grew up in Michigan I've been watching the Lions since 78. They have sucked forever but Stafford is the best QB they've had in my memory. Yes I know Kramer won a playoff game.

They have rolled the dice with him and looks like they've crapped out. But it's not like they really had a choice.

They signed him to that large rookie deal (old CBA) and it mostly paid off. Three wild cards, pro bowl for him and they werent dreadful. So they extended him. They thought they were building something around him.

They can't trade him now and they can't cut him - the time for that was before they extended him.

Now they have to rebuild on the fly. They don't have backs or receivers that would start on a playoff team might as well start there.

Hea not horrible. You can make the playoffs with him and maybe even steal a division crown in the right year.

Couldn’t agree more. The most frustrating part is incompetent management squanders the greatest rb of all time, one of the top receivers of all time and their best qb of my life.

I also stand by it you drive Stafford out of town odds are the Lions take another step back.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-18, 10:36

TheReal_LWS wrote:BTW, I guess the 4th quarter turnovers by Matty that cost them two games are all Quinn and JBC's fault too? LOL Dude is not a $25 million/year QB. That Eddie Jackson pick 6 on Tgiving was what you'd expect from an undrafted rookie QB, not a 10 year, $25million, "franchise" QB.

I’ve counted at least two times this year where the defenses have said postgame that they knew where the ball was going by the Lions formation. 2017 Lions made the playoffs without a pro bowler. Let’s give credit to all the good he’s done in Detroit as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-18, 10:41

Dr. Strangelove wrote:As a Steelers fan who grew up in Michigan I've been watching the Lions since 78. They have sucked forever but Stafford is the best QB they've had in my memory. Yes I know Kramer won a playoff game.

This seems like an unnecessarily harsh swipe at Jon Kitna.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-12-18, 12:06

tGreenWay wrote:

Look at this pupu platter of QBs that have started for the Lions since 78.

Danielson, Landry, Komlo, Reed, Golsteyn, Hipple, Witkowski, Ferguson, Long, Hons, Hilger, Gagliano, Peete, Ware, Kramer, Mitchell, Krieg, Majkowski, Batch, Reich, Frerotte, Case, Detmer, McMahon, Harrington, Garcia, Kitna, Orlovsky, Culpepper, Stanton and Hill.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-18, 12:28

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Danielson, Landry, Komlo, Reed, Golsteyn, Hipple, Witkowski, Ferguson, Long, Hons, Hilger, Gagliano, Peete, Ware, Kramer, Mitchell, Krieg, Majkowski, Batch, Reich, Frerotte, Case, Detmer, McMahon, Harrington, Garcia, Kitna, Orlovsky, Culpepper, Stanton and Hill.

And Stafford would be tied for last place in that group by division titles won and playoff wins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-18, 13:07

steveschneider wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:BTW, I guess the 4th quarter turnovers by Matty that cost them two games are all Quinn and JBC's fault too? LOL Dude is not a $25 million/year QB. That Eddie Jackson pick 6 on Tgiving was what you'd expect from an undrafted rookie QB, not a 10 year, $25million, "franchise" QB.

I’ve counted at least two times this year where the defenses have said postgame that they knew where the ball was going by the Lions formation. 2017 Lions made the playoffs without a pro bowler. Let’s give credit to all the good he’s done in Detroit as well.

Again, there are more than just one receiver running routes. He doesn't have to stare down his target, and let Jackson get the jump on the route and then STILL THROW THE BALL. Go look at the replay, Jackson was sprinting to jump that route before Matt even wound up to throw it. Staring down a receiver IS not GM or OC's fault.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-18, 13:08

tGreenWay wrote:

lol!

At least Kitna was hosting Christian study groups at his house. Matt doesn't even do that. Oh, and he needs to ban his wife from SM.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-18, 13:14

Dr. Strangelove wrote: Stafford is the best QB they've had in my memory.

I'm really not arguing this as much as I'm arguing the comparison. He sucks less than all those other Lion's starters you listed - so what? The fact remains, he sucks.

Look again at the very mixed bag of his "most similar" group: Trent Green? Andy Dalton? Alex Smith? Brian Sipe? Would you be advocating building around one of them?
No sane team would yet this is what people here are advocating.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-18, 13:16

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm really not arguing this as much as I'm arguing the comparison. He sucks less than all those other Lion's starters you listed - so what? The fact remains, he sucks.

Look again at the very mixed bag of his "most similar" group: Trent Green? Andy Dalton? Alex Smith? Brian Sipe? Would you be advocating building around one of them?

Best description for Stafford: Joey Harrington 2.0.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-12-18, 13:25

For a guy that said like two weeks ago “I don’t care about the nfl” lws sure does like to talk about the nfl a lot
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-18, 13:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:For a guy that said like two weeks ago “I don’t care about the nfl” lws sure does like to talk about the nfl a lot

I see what you are saying, and you make a good point. Plus I can always count on you to stalk me and make sure I haven't posted anything that might be slightly contradictory.

P.S. It is fun to needle Lions fans.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-18, 13:43

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Already did. That’s how I got Kitna’s name. I never would’ve remembered him, what with him sucking and me getting senile.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-12-18, 14:13

LooseGoose wrote:

He's more like Romo or Mark Brunell.

Would I start out building a team around him? No but it's been done.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-18, 14:25

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

He's more like Romo or Mark Brunell.

Would I start out building a team around him? No but it's been done.

meh Romo and Brunell won games in the playoffs.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-18, 14:36

TheReal_LWS wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Again, there are more than just one receiver running routes. He doesn't have to stare down his target, and let Jackson get the jump on the route and then STILL THROW THE BALL. Go look at the replay, Jackson was sprinting to jump that route before Matt even wound up to throw it. Staring down a receiver IS not GM or OC's fault.

One bad interception doesn't define a QB's career.

Also, why let the defense off the hook? Chicago was rolling them in the 4th.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-18, 14:38

Also, if the Lions fans had their way and ousted Stafford he would just go start for another team and destroy the Lions they next time they met up just like Peete and Herrington did.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-18, 14:41

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

lol!

At least Kitna was hosting Christian study groups at his house. Matt doesn't even do that. Oh, and he needs to ban his wife from SM.

Does she have a say in the matter? What a warped sense of marriage you must have.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-18, 14:58

steveschneider wrote:
Also, if the Lions fans had their way and ousted Stafford he would just go start for another team and destroy the Lions they next time they met up just like Peete and Herrington did.

Peete post Detroit 24-17 with most of that coming in 1995 when he was 9-3.

Harrington post Detroit - 8-13 out of the league at age 29.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-18, 14:58

tGreenWay wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

lol!

Does she have a say in the matter? What a warped sense of marriage you must have.

When we are together, I ban your W from SM. She doesn't seem to mind...............
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-18, 15:00

steveschneider wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

One bad interception doesn't define a QB's career.

Also, why let the defense off the hook? Chicago was rolling them in the 4th.

Wow, you are making claims as if I made them when I didn't. I didn't say the int was indicative of his career. Also, I guess you are right. A pick 6 certainly keeps their offense (and the Lions D) off the field................
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-18, 15:07

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

When we are together, I ban your W from SM. She doesn't seem to mind...............

Nice deflection, creep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-18, 15:46

In the spirit of the holidays let's all be nice to each other. It's just sports.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-18, 15:48

steveschneider wrote:In the spirit of the holidays let's all be nice to each other. It's just sports.

I’m with you, but as an history major, I have to say, George Washington and the Hessians as well as Ho Chi Minh had their best success kicking ass on Christmas Eve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-18, 15:49

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:In the spirit of the holidays let's all be nice to each other. It's just sports.

I’m with you, but as an history major, I have to say, George Washington and the Hessians as well as Ho Chi Minh had their best success kicking ass on Christmas Eve.

lol lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-18, 15:52

steveschneider wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. We're not all as dumb as Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-18, 15:55

I know the answer. When a football team sucks it is ALWAYS:

-The QBs fault OR
-The OCs fault OR
-The DCs fault OR
-The HCs fault

It's definitely one of those.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-18, 15:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I know the answer. When a football team sucks it is ALWAYS:

-The QBs fault OR
-The OCs fault OR
-The DCs fault OR
-The HCs fault

I’ve got a new one for that list. I’m blaming the GM.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-18, 16:05

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I know the answer. When a football team sucks it is ALWAYS:

-The QBs fault OR
-The OCs fault OR
-The DCs fault OR
-The HCs fault

I’ve got a new one for that list. I’m blaming the GM.

The big question is, how long do stick with a GM?

In Russ Thomas' case about 50 years too long. In Millen's case, about 40 years too long.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-18, 16:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 3 Burn110
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-18, 16:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 3 Burn110

Lions Fans That Are Turning On Matt Stafford - Page 3 Obamacare-donkt-cover-that-sick-burn-bro-memegenerator-net-sarahspain-14822994
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-19, 06:09

tGreenWay wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Nice deflection, creep.

Jelly.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next