Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+28
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
Banks2Mason
Cameron
Nordic
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
The Pantry
aualum06
DWags
32 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by The Pantry 2018-12-16, 13:58

Golladay with two great catches this drive
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by DWags 2018-12-16, 16:14

If the fords had balls, they bring in Mike McCarthy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-12-16, 16:36

DWags wrote:If the fords had balls, they bring in Mike McCarthy.
If the Ford's weren't stupidly stubborn they'd put the team up for sale.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-16, 16:38

The Pantry wrote:
If the Ford's weren't stupidly stubborn they'd put the team up for sale.
It's a cash cow
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-16, 16:51

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:If the Ford's weren't stupidly stubborn they'd put the team up for sale.
It's a cash cow

And that’s why they will never win. To them, they are winning.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-12-16, 17:37

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:If the Ford's weren't stupidly stubborn they'd put the team up for sale.
It's a cash cow
More like a cash flea circus.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-16, 19:34

That would be amazing but he’s too good of a coach to be subjected to this shit show. First move is to show Patricia and Quin the door.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-16, 19:36

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:
It's a cash cow

People and corporations buying tickets are enabling mediocrity.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-12-16, 19:40

$255 million last year from NFL revenue sharing...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-16, 19:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don't even think tickets matter much anymore
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-16, 19:48

Turtleneck wrote:$255 million last year from NFL revenue sharing...

I had no idea it was that much.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-16, 19:55

aualum06 wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't even think tickets matter much anymore

It’s like the nfl created this monster that makes money for all their owners. If you’re unlucky enough to have an owner who is more into that profit than winning you’re pretty much fucked.

Not that it matters but Green Bay can vote their board of directors out if they need to. At least we feel like we have a say in it if they have elections.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-16, 20:00

I’m at fault when I was in Michigan i bought some Lions gear. I’m supporting a losing culture.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-12-16, 21:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:$255 million last year from NFL revenue sharing...

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/16/lions-collect-255-million-in-tv-revenue-up-almost-5-percent/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 07:59

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/16/lions-collect-255-million-in-tv-revenue-up-almost-5-percent/

Turtleneck were you at the game?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-17, 08:35

You guys worry about the Lions way too much. Just adopt my way of thinking. As long as the Ford's own the team they will continue to suck ass. Don't sweat it. Act like they're the Cubs before they actually won the WS.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-17, 09:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You guys worry about the Lions way too much. Just adopt my way of thinking. As long as the Ford's own the team they will continue to suck ass. Don't sweat it. Act like they're the Cubs before they actually won the WS.

Thank you for that. Now I won't need to go to bed tonight as I often do, wondering "How can I be more like Pylon?".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-17, 11:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You guys worry about the Lions way too much. Just adopt my way of thinking. As long as the Ford's own the team they will continue to suck ass. Don't sweat it. Act like they're the Cubs before they actually won the WS.

I don't even watch. I might tune back in if they fire Quinn and Patricia.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-17, 18:51

LooseGoose wrote:

Thank you for that.  Now I won't need to go to bed tonight as I often do, wondering "How can I be more like Pylon?".

Your life would be so much more fulfilling if you asked yourself that every day. Glad to see you trying to better yourself.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-26, 19:25

Apparently fat Patricia doesn't believe in being on time. What a joke and fire him yesterday
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-26, 19:34

aualum06 wrote:Apparently fat Patricia doesn't believe in being on time. What a joke and fire him yesterday

Details?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-26, 19:36

kingstonlake wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Apparently fat Patricia doesn't believe in being on time. What a joke and fire him yesterday

Details?

I think he's referring to this deeply sourced story.....1 disgruntled ex Lion.

Patricia's lack of punctuality also has been an issue in team meetings this year, where one former player said the coach was consistently late during his time with the Lions.

Could be true, but you'd think he could get more than one anonymous source.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-12-26, 19:40

I'm willing to give Patricia another year, maybe two. With the cesspool the Lions have been for close to 60 years you can't expect someone to turn it around in just one season.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-26, 20:56

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Details?

Patricia's lack of punctuality also has been an issue in team meetings this year, where one former player said the coach was consistently late during his time with the Lions.

Right. One anonymous ex-Lion saying it doesn’t make it true. The writer didn’t even specifically address the late-to-meetings issue with Patricia—only explained the reason why he was late to today’s newser, noted Patricia has been routinely late to previous newsers, and bizarrely enough—tries to make a connection between Patricia’s tardiness with end-of-half and game clock management.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-26, 21:02

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Right. One anonymous ex-Lion saying it doesn’t make it true. The writer didn’t even specifically address the late-to-meetings issue with Patricia—only explained the reason why he was late to today’s newser, noted Patricia has been routinely late to previous newsers, and bizarrely enough—tries to make a connection between Patricia’s tardiness with end-of-half and game clock management.

Patricia has been far from impressive but I hate hit jobs.

The reality is we have no idea what kind of resistance he's faced in that locker room. From what's seeped out my guess is that after the season we're going to see some stories about turmoil within the team.

My guess is that there was/is a strong pro-Caldwell faction that didn't and maybe still hasn't bought into Patricia. I don't entirely blame them as Caldwell was a least moderately successful and seemed to run a pretty happy ship,

No one knows if Patricia's ceiling is higher or not, but I'll bet there's a large scale house cleaning this off season.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-26, 21:13

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Patricia has been far from impressive but I hate hit jobs.

The reality is we have no idea what kind of resistance he's faced in that locker room. From what's seeped out my guess is that after the season we're going to see some stories about turmoil within the team.

My guess is that there was/is a strong pro-Caldwell faction that didn't and maybe still hasn't bought into Patricia. I don't entirely blame them as Caldwell was a least moderately successful and seemed to run a pretty happy ship,

No one knows if Patricia's ceiling is higher or not, but I'll bet there's a large scale house cleaning this off season.

History has shown us that most Lions’ coaches do better once they’ve left the organization.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-26, 21:40

If there's still a pro Caldwell faction in the lockeroom then completely blowing it up is the only option. Stafford wants his OC, pro Caldwell faction. Blah blah blah. I'll admit Fat Beard has no real HC chops but if him and Quinn want to put their stamp on this then nuking it is the only option. Bye bye Stafford, JBC, Caldwell holdouts. The defense seems to be the only area of improvement on the team.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-12-26, 21:44

It's incredibly evident that Patricia and Quinn need to clean house. It'll start with Jim Bob being almost certainly fired after Sunday.

It's also incredibly evident that Patricia took the WRONG lessons away from working with Bill Belichick, the greatest coach to ever be on the sidelines without question.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-26, 21:51

Death Roe wrote:It's incredibly evident that Patricia and Quinn need to clean house. It'll start with Jim Bob being almost certainly fired after Sunday.

It's also incredibly evident that Patricia took the WRONG lessons away from working with Bill Belichick, the greatest coach to ever be on the sidelines without question.

I think you're right that JBC gone. I'm gonna hold out to see who they hire as an OC. Hopefully they don't shit the bed....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-30, 09:25

Detroit Lions close bad year vs. Packers; big offseason decisions coming
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-30, 10:14

LooseGoose wrote:Detroit Lions close bad year vs. Packers; big offseason decisions coming

Sounds like jbc is gone
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-30, 13:49

Fake fg for 6. Packers are loving the Lions effort lmao
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-30, 13:51

Aaron Rodgers walking off. Packers winning big so far today
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-30, 14:19

Fucking packers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-30, 14:20

DWags wrote:Fucking packers.

Packers are laughing all the way to the draft
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-30, 14:23

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:Fucking packers.

They’re a mess. It’s what happens when you let a player run your franchise.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-12-30, 14:27

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

They’re a mess. It’s what happens when you let a player run your franchise.

Yep be interesting to see what they do. Looks like they are interviewing fitz
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-30, 15:37

Fucking Lions can’t even get losing right.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-30, 15:38

Who are these dip shits doing the game?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-30, 15:43

tGreenWay wrote:Fucking Lions can’t even get losing right.

You didn't think they would put themselves in a position to draft Haskins and God forbid put pressure on Stafford, did you?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next