Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

+26
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
Dendrobates
AvgMSUJoe
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
gomersbro
steveschneider
tGreenWay
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Tim Wakefield
DWags
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
TheReal_LWS
Rocinante
30 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 6 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Nordic 2021-02-19, 15:01

Rocinante wrote:What do you buy cryptocurrency with?

Dressers from Wayfair
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 6 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-19, 16:01

Fool me twice. ...won’t get fooled again.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-02-19, 16:41

I use Gemini

Might also get a Coinbase account going since they have more currencies

Binance is another large one
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-19, 16:52

So it’s crypto all the way down?

That’s wild man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-19, 20:26

What's with this Doge crypto? My 10 year old saw a picture and knew what Doge was... Assumed it wasn't real, but apparently???
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-19, 20:37

It’s not but people buying it because tulips.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-19, 20:38

Somebody with all those rare beanie babies should see how many doge coins they’re worth.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-19, 21:31

Hey man, the rest of the crypto seems equally as goofy to most people. Minuswell have one named after a meme.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-02-19, 21:48

The doge coin was a joke and has gained some traction. It's still a joke, but it may perhaps be here to stay.

Imagine a world...like the movie idiocracy, where you pay for shit in doge coin. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 6 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-04-12, 10:45

[ig]CNkaBgSgii1[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-12, 10:46

I smell a lawsuit when these HODLers are left with useless code instead of actual money.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-04-12, 13:03

Rocinante wrote:I smell a lawsuit when these HODLers are left with useless code instead of actual money.

There's frivolous lawsuits every day over countless dumber things, who cares?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-12, 14:00

Rocinante wrote:I smell a lawsuit when these HODLers are left with useless code instead of actual money.

It’s FOMO. You’ll manage.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-12, 14:11

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Getting paid with something that isn’t actually worth anything doesn’t sound frivolous to me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-12, 16:16

Rocinante wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Getting paid with something that isn’t actually worth anything doesn’t sound frivolous to me.

Tell that to the guy that bought two pizzas with Bitcoin back in 2011!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

MattyFresh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-12, 16:52

Does a lawsuit smell the same as paper USD? I love that smell.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-12, 17:51

That’s the smell of fecal matter, blood, and cocaine, Greenway
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-12, 17:51

So yes. Same smell.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-04-12, 17:59

Coinbase is coming to the stock market on Wednesday

A big flop or a must need investment?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-12, 18:17

Rocinante wrote:That’s the smell of fecal matter, blood, and cocaine, Greenway

So, basically it smells like any Swiller weeknight.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-12, 18:23

Dendrobates wrote:Coinbase is coming to the stock market on Wednesday

I’d like to know what you think.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-12, 18:39

I would lean more toward the latter.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-12, 18:46

Motown Spartan wrote:

I would lean more toward the latter.

Terrible advice. You never lean on a latter. That’s a recipe for falling and getting hurt.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-04-12, 18:59

Rocinante wrote:

Husband was thinking it's a must. He's been reading into it. But I don't know jack shit, and he's trying to learn stuff.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-13, 11:21

Dendrobates wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Husband was thinking it's a must. He's been reading into it. But I don't know jack shit, and he's trying to learn stuff.

You may know from my let’s say skeptical posting about crypto that I think it’s a fucking scam. But even if I didn’t, that ipo is way overvalued. It will skyrocket and crater in a matter of a week or two.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-13, 12:49

Now NFTs have some real promise. If for instance musicians, artists, other content creators can figure out a way to restrict use or copying of their content by attaching an NFT to some sort of licensing, that’s a world changer. Right now even if you own the NFT on something, it’s doesn’t really mean much. I imagine the possibilities are why people have bought like an NFT for a video of LeBron dunking. They think they can monetize it in the future. Not sure how we get there though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 12:56

Cryptocurrencies are here to stay. We are past the point of no return with them. And it doesn’t matter what Coinbase does at the open or over the following few weeks. They are on the leading edge and have excellent fundamentals so far.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-13, 13:11

Motown Spartan wrote:Cryptocurrencies are here to stay. We are past the point of no return with them. And it doesn’t matter what Coinbase does at the open or over the following few weeks. They are on the leading edge and have excellent fundamentals so far.

What does that even mean? It sounds like a thousand tweets I see every day.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 13:25

Rocinante wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Cryptocurrencies are here to stay. We are past the point of no return with them. And it doesn’t matter what Coinbase does at the open or over the following few weeks. They are on the leading edge and have excellent fundamentals so far.

What does that even mean? It sounds like a thousand tweets I see every day.

It relation to cryptos, they’ve proven out to be an excellent store of value and even as a hedge against currency debasement.

In relation to Coinbase, history of earnings growth and excellent free cash flow.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-13, 14:41

What determines the value of a cryptocurrency? How is that value justified? What backs it up?

Please talk to me like I’m not a financial whiz.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 15:19

Rocinante wrote:What determines the value of a cryptocurrency? How is that value justified? What backs it up?

To put it very basically, it has value for two reasons.

One is that is accepted as a currency in the broad “market” of capitalism and a unit of exchange.

Two is that within that “market” there is demand for it. Cryptocurrencies, unlike centralized bank currencies, have a finite supply, meaning that they can’t just print more like the Federal Reserve does in the US (for example).

Last edited by Motown Spartan on 2021-04-13, 15:49; edited 1 time in total
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-04-13, 15:35

Anyone know if TTy ever convinced his public school teacher spouse to cash in her pension funds and invest her retirement money in virtual currency?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-13, 18:14

Motown Spartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:What determines the value of a cryptocurrency? How is that value justified? What backs it up?

One is that is accepted as a currency in the broad “market” of capitalism and a unit of exchange.

Two is that within that “market” there is demand for it. Cryptocurrencies, unlike centralized bank currencies, have a finite supply, meaning that they can’t just print more like the Federal Reserve does in the US (for example).

So 1. Is because we agree it has value. And 2. Is because it has built in rarity.

So if we stop believing in it, it stops existing. But if some ultra rich guy like Elon buys a bunch of it, that certainly manipulates the perceived value right? So don’t the big holders kind of drive the “value?” And don’t they then become kind of the central bank? And doesn’t that go against all the high minded egalitarian rhetoric behind the idea of Bitcoin?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 18:38

Rocinante wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

So 1. Is because we agree it has value. And 2. Is because it has built in rarity.

So if we stop believing in it, it stops existing. But if some ultra rich guy like Elon buys a bunch of it, that certainly manipulates the perceived value right? So don’t the big holders kind of drive the “value?” And don’t they then become kind of the central bank? And doesn’t that go against all the high minded egalitarian rhetoric behind the idea of Bitcoin?

Yeah sure I guess. Just like anything else has any value that isn’t commoditized. Like stocks or any other currency. Even those backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government. I don’t have a lot of faith in the US government, should I not use their currency?

Look, I get it. You don’t understand it and you missed the boat on it. Bitcoin is the one that people are sour about. It’s unlikely that anyone else is going to become wealthy buying Bitcoin now. If it goes to $1MM per coin, that’s only like 16 times more than it is now.  Unlike when it was worth fractions of fractions of pennies.  You missed the boat and you’re pissed. But some of the biggest corporations and financial firms and economists are all in agreement that crypto is very viable and is changing and has changed the idea of “currency” as we know it.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-04-13, 18:56

Not trying to be a smart ass. How is Bitcoin any different than a baseball card?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-13, 19:01

Kingston did you agree to share your login with Steve before he left? You sly dog.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-04-13, 19:05

LOL. No. I don’t get the quantum computing blockchain processes behind it all. All I know is it takes fiat currency to buy crypto and you cash your crypto out in fiat. Just like a baseball card. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 6 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-13, 19:10

Well for one I can bash you over the head with a tire iron and take your vintage Gehrig card.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 19:11

kingstonlake wrote:LOL. No. I don’t get the quantum computing blockchain processes behind it all. All I know is it takes fiat currency to buy crypto and you cash your crypto out in fiat. Just like a baseball card. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 6 2599972566

Cryptos can be infinitely divided, unlike baseball cards. If you try to divide a baseball card, it will lose all of its value.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-13, 19:34

kingstonlake wrote:LOL. No. I don’t get the quantum computing blockchain processes behind it all. All I know is it takes fiat currency to buy crypto and you cash your crypto out in fiat. Just like a baseball card. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 6 2599972566

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 6 1099637414

If that’s true, I understand crypto and the definition of fiat currency even less than I thought.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next