Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-22, 09:04

Just finished Barksins on Nat Geo. Pretty decent. Took a few episodes to be sure I wanted to keep going, but I enjoyed it. It's about early French settlers in Quebec in the late 1600s, their interaction with the British, the Iroquois, etc. A time/place that we don't see portrayed very often.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-22, 19:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:Just finished Barksins on Nat Geo. Pretty decent. Took a few episodes to be sure I wanted to keep going, but I enjoyed it. It's about early French settlers in Quebec in the late 1600s, their interaction with the British, the Iroquois, etc. A time/place that we don't see portrayed very often.

I had not heard of this, but will check it out. Thanks!

Did you watch Frontier with Jason Momoa? Sounds like kinda the same thing but maybe 150 or 200 years later. I liked that one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-06-23, 01:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:Just finished Barksins on Nat Geo. Pretty decent. Took a few episodes to be sure I wanted to keep going, but I enjoyed it. It's about early French settlers in Quebec in the late 1600s, their interaction with the British, the Iroquois, etc. A time/place that we don't see portrayed very often.

My ancestor preached Catholicism to the Native Americans in Quebec and was granted letters of nobility. I also can trace that line directly to dukes, counts, Kings, and Gabrielle D’Estrees. I have French royalty pumping through my veins.

Doesn’t mean I’m still not a loser
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-23, 07:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Did you watch Frontier with Jason Momoa? Sounds like kinda the same thing but maybe 150 or 200 years later. I liked that one.

I haven't watched it, but I keep seeing it in my suggestions on Netflix (or is it Hulu?). Will have to watch it one of these days.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-23, 07:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I haven't watched it, but I keep seeing it in my suggestions on Netflix (or is it Hulu?). Will have to watch it one of these days.

After watching two episodes of Barskins last night, I can already tell they're not that much alike and so far I liked Frontier more.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-24, 23:04

Tom Hanks writing and starring in a WWII film? Yes please. Looks like I'll be doing a free trial of Apple TV in July.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-25, 01:18

I am finally watching Community from start to finish. I love this show.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-25, 01:24

Rocinante wrote:I am finally watching Community from start to finish.  I love this show.  

What season/episode are you on? I recently started rewatching, I'm most of the way through season one at the moment. Great fucking show.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-25, 02:21

Season two episode 2 at this moment.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-06-25, 08:26

I'm on S1 Ep 20 or so. Great show, but just remember that Harmon lost control or walked away, I know that S5 he was no longer involved with the show and it could have been half way through S4.
S1 is great.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-25, 09:53

InTenSity wrote:I'm on S1 Ep 20 or so. Great show, but just remember that Harmon lost control or walked away, I know that S5 he was no longer involved with the show and it could have been half way through S4.
S1 is great.

He was replaced as show runner after season 3, then returned for season 5. Season 4 is the season Harmon had no part in. It's not terrible, but not as good as the rest.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-06-25, 09:57

Cameron wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I'm on S1 Ep 20 or so. Great show, but just remember that Harmon lost control or walked away, I know that S5 he was no longer involved with the show and it could have been half way through S4.
S1 is great.

He was replaced as show runner after season 3, then returned for season 5. Season 4 is the season Harmon had no part in. It's not terrible, but not as good as the rest.
Did anyone watch it on Yahoo when they finished the series?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-25, 11:42

Cameron wrote:
S1 is great.

I drifted from the show during season four. It just wasn’t as good without Harmon’s touch. TBH, I didn’t know he had returned for season five. Will have to check it out.
Oh, and this may be heresy, but I find Ken Jeong annoying AF, especially his Ben Chang character. Way too over the top, over-acting, really, the same way Craig Middlebrooks and to a lesser extent Jean-Ralphio are on P& R.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-25, 11:47

HBO Max has all of South Park, except for the five episodes in which Mohammed is depicted. Those will be unavailable.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/south-park-episodes-missing-hbo-max-prophet-muhammad-1202969280/amp/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-25, 11:58

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I drifted from the show during season four. It just wasn’t as good without Harmon’s touch. TBH, I didn’t know he had returned for season five. Will have to check it out.
Oh, and this may be heresy, but I find Ken Jeong annoying AF, especially his Ben Chang character. Way too over the top, over-acting, really, the same way Craig Middlebrooks and to a lesser extent Jean-Ralphio are on P& R.

I don't think it's heresy at all to be annoyed by Ken Jeong. Chang just keeps getting more and more out there as the series goes on. I mostly enjoy it, but I can see how others would not.

Seasons 5 and 6 have their high points (Digital Estate Planning is among my favorite episodes of the series), and even season 4 has some solid stuff, but it's really all about the first 3 seasons. That's where the magic is.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-25, 13:07

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't think it's heresy at all to be annoyed by Ken Jeong. Chang just keeps getting more and more out there as the series goes on. I mostly enjoy it, but I can see how others would not.

Seasons 5 and 6 have their high points (Digital Estate Planning is among my favorite episodes of the series), and even season 4 has some solid stuff, but it's really all about the first 3 seasons. That's where the magic is.

Magic is an excellent word to use. Some of the things they had Abed and Troy do was television I’d never seen before.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2020-06-25, 18:47

Anyone watch The Eric Andre Show? It's so stupid but cracks me up. Bird Up.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-06-25, 23:03

Anyone watched the great hack on Netflix? One could argue that it's strongly politcally motivated but it was still interesting
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-27, 01:26

I've debated this with my sister and I think my beef is legit. Wendy Byrde is a fucking see you next Thursday.. Marty lacks some intuition and caring for sure, but I see his efforts as much more community/family serving than I do Wendy's. That bitch out for a power grab.

Also I feel dirty saying this because I'm getting old, but damn, Charlotte is... a good looking young woman.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-06-27, 01:37

The original Point Break just started on IFC. Classic.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-06-27, 03:50

The Pantry wrote:The original Point Break just started on IFC. Classic.

I AM AN F B I AGENT! Classic, I actually dug the reboot too, but I like Edgar Ramírez
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-27, 11:58

InTenSity wrote:
Cameron wrote:

What is this ?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-27, 11:59

Abed and Troy’s vignettes at the end of every episode are my favorite thing.

The bert and Ernie thing where Troy forgot his cousins funeral had me crying.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-27, 12:08

Rocinante wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

What is this ?

Season 6 is available on Netflix with the rest of the series, but it initially ran on Yahoo Screen, a failed streaming service. I watched season 6 on Yahoo screen when it came out, but like apparently everyone else, I didn't watch anything else there, and Yahoo pulled the plug shortly after.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-29, 23:33

Ozark talk. Possible spoilers. On S3E9. Poor Ben. I really like Ben. Whoever the actor is, is phenomenal. Wendy bout to do him dirty.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-06-29, 23:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ozark talk. Possible spoilers. On S3E9. Poor Ben. I really like Ben. Whoever the actor is, is phenomenal. Wendy bout to do him dirty.

Show is headed towards game of thrones level bullshit. Something major happening every episode but still entertaining
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-29, 23:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ozark talk. Possible spoilers. On S3E9. Poor Ben. I really like Ben. Whoever the actor is, is phenomenal. Wendy bout to do him dirty.

Show is headed towards game of thrones level bullshit. Something major happening every episode but still entertaining

I don't see that at all. Where are you? Are you predicting what's going to happen next season or you think it's already on that trajectory?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-06-29, 23:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I don't see that at all. Where are you? Are you predicting what's going to happen next season or you think it's already on that trajectory?

I’m up to date. Season 3 was like that and trajectory
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-30, 00:17

Hmm. I don't agree. In fact I got pretty bored with the series at times. I only got hooked to the point that I had to roll into the next episode when
Spoiler:
. Even in the pen-ultimate episode of S3, E9 which I just watched - nothing fucking happened. I mean it ends and I think we probably know what's going to happen but the whole episode was basically build up.

And come to think of it, the entire season, while pretty good - did not contain a ton of action. I don't consider
Spoiler:
big plot points. The whole premise was introduce a new character, tie him into the story and make him vulnerable and put Marty in serious peril. Meanwhile,
Spoiler:

You gotta sell this because I'm intrigued. I'm not thinking this is the GSOAT or anything, it's pretty entertaining, but I don't think I see that angle.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-06-30, 00:52

Not really a "tv show" but has anyone watched "Hot Ones"? It's an interview that a guy does with famous actors and actresses as they eat hot wings. The show is great, watched him with Nick Offerman, Paul Rudd and Bill Burr. Theres been 11 seasons so I am sure many of you have seen it but its great.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 02:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've debated this with my sister and I think my beef is legit. Wendy Byrde is a fucking see you next Thursday.. Marty lacks some intuition and caring for sure, but I see his efforts as much more community/family serving than I do Wendy's. That bitch out for a power grab.

Also I feel dirty saying this because I'm getting old, but damn, Charlotte is... a good looking young woman.

Haven’t seen the show, but I’ll take Laura Linney thank you very much. Good actor and easy on the eyes at every age she’s been working (unless she was a child actor, then yuck).
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-30, 10:28

MattyFresh wrote:Not really a "tv show" but has anyone watched "Hot Ones"? It's an interview that a guy does with famous actors and actresses as they eat hot wings. The show is great, watched him with Nick Offerman, Paul Rudd and Bill Burr. Theres been 11 seasons so I am sure many of you have seen it but its great.
I love Hot Ones, I've seen a bunch of them. Tommy Chong was one of the best ones I've seen, in terms of scoville tolerance. Dax Shepard might be the very best that I've seen. Gronk did not handle the heat so well.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-06-30, 11:05

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Seemed pretty good.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-06-30, 11:15

Salted t
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 19:11

Watched the first two episodes of Line of Duty. So far it’s pretty good. Absolutely did not see the ending of episode 2 until it happened. Shocked
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-06-30, 20:22

tGreenWay wrote:Watched the first two episodes of Line of Duty. So far it’s pretty good. Absolutely did not see the ending of episode 2 until it happened. Shocked

That would be something if you could see things before they happen
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 20:24

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Watched the first two episodes of Line of Duty. So far it’s pretty good. Absolutely did not see the ending of episode 2 until it happened. Shocked

That would be something if you could see things before they happen

Everybody’s a wise guy. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 15 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-07-01, 14:17

Have I mentioned Dave yet? You guys should be watching this show.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-03, 00:54

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Magic is an excellent word to use. Some of the things they had Abed and Troy do was television I’d never seen before.

Rocinante wrote:Abed and Troy’s vignettes at the end of every episode are my favorite thing.  

The bert and Ernie thing where Troy forgot his cousins funeral had me crying.  

This is one of my favorites:
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-07-05, 23:18

2001 space odyssey
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next