Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:29 pm

succession is one of the better shows i've seen in awhile. falls into some of the classic traps of shows, but strong characters. overall very good.
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:51 pm

What do we think about 2001 a space odyssey
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:04 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What do we think about 2001 a space odyssey

It’s not a movie you can watch one time and get it. You’re going to need multiple viewings. Probably a week apart. It’s not exciting a d you might be bored by it after a first watch. You’ll pick something else up each time.

One viewing I found jim Harbaugh’s voice

"I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you."
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 am

Be wide awake when you watch it. Worth watching just for its historical value. The books are great.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 am

At least they were when I read them like 30 years ago.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:13 am

Daughter is dating a guy named Hal right now. I started laughing when I was told his name. That didn’t go well.

Hal is a fine name, it just kind of shocked me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:13 am

Thanks y’all. Gonna give it a go. Seems down my alley. D wags something I’ve tried to live by is only boring people get bored tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:19 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Thanks y’all. Gonna give it a go. Seems down my alley. D wags something I’ve tried to live by is only boring people get bored tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 969504605

It’s slow at the start and a bit hard to understand at the end. My advice is to watch it alone and not be tired.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:26 am

DWags wrote:

It’s not a movie you can watch one time and get it. You’re going to need multiple viewings. Probably a week apart. It’s not exciting a d you might be bored by it after a first watch.  You’ll pick something else up each time.  

One viewing I found jim Harbaugh’s voice

"I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you."

I'd rather go to a wedding
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:28 am

DWags wrote:Daughter is dating a guy named Hal right now. I started laughing when I was told his name. That didn’t go well.

Is Hal short for something? Hallmark?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:36 am

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:Daughter is dating a guy named Hal right now. I started laughing when I was told his name. That didn’t go well.

Is Hal short for something? Hallmark?

Ready? It’s short for George. Not joking. That’s what his parents did. Named him George, called him Hal. So yeah. I’m as confused as you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:47 am

I've only ever watched it synced up to Pink Floyd's Echoes while on mushrooms. But I think that is probably the best way to watch it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:59 am

Cameron wrote:

I've only ever watched it synced up to Pink Floyd's Echoes while on mushrooms. But I think that is probably the best way to watch it.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 502811600 mushrooms are just the best. Also i may need a link to that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:56 am

Ok i watched it. I need to digest it but speaking of mushrooms the movie felt like an acid trip
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:51 am

Stanley Kubrick is pretty good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:42 pm

"The Chair" on netflix... yup, seems about right.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:22 pm

CODA if you're looking for a feel good story/flick
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Bahaha. Ted lasso Rick rolls everyone.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:52 pm

Goliath season 4 is on Amazon. I thought he died at the end of last season but apparently not. From the teaser I'm assuming he got hooked on opioids during recovery from getting shot and now he's going after the drug manufacturers.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:26 pm

Goliath got weird. I watched the first half the first episode. Still weird.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:32 pm

So, I wasn't going to watch cause all of the religious overtones, but my sister suggested it so I tried... Midnight Mass on Netflix is pretty good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:29 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, I wasn't going to watch cause all of the religious overtones, but my sister suggested it so I tried... Midnight Mass on Netflix is pretty good.
I've heard mixed reviews. Someone said it is pretty slow. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
Black Summer is interesting. Another zombie show, but seems to take place at the beginning of the outbreak and show the collapse of society. Its only 2 seasons, so pretty quick to watch. I think 8-10 episodes a season.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:05 pm

BY THE WAY, , it up Succession's first episode in two years. Fucking outstanding. I binge watched it during covid. Hooked on it. Now bummed out I have to wait week to week for the next episode.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Got around to watching Detroit a few weeks ago. Excellent movie. Also saw Many Saints of Newark, and enjoyed that, too. James Gandalfini’s son just nails his dad’s mannerisms.

American Rust is excellent. I like it even more than Mare of Easttown, though my wife disagrees. Both do well of portraying that hard luck blue collar Pennsylvania town.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:38 am

tGreenWay wrote:Got around to watching Detroit a few weeks ago. Excellent movie. Also saw Many Saints of Newark, and enjoyed that, too. James Gandalfini’s son just nails his dad’s mannerisms.

American Rust is excellent. I like it even more than Mare of Easttown, though my wife disagrees. Both do well of portraying that hard luck blue collar Pennsylvania town.

Must be a big Lord Of The Rings fan to change the spelling of his name like that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:14 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Got around to watching Detroit a few weeks ago. Excellent movie. Also saw Many Saints of Newark, and enjoyed that, too. James Gandalfini’s son just nails his dad’s mannerisms.

Must be a big Lord Of The Rings fan to change the spelling of his name like that.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 502811600 I took a shot.
If I spelled it Gondorffini would you know who I’m referencing?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:27 pm

Finishing "Only murderers in the building " Cute. Funny. Worth a binge.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:52 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Finishing "Only murderers in the building " Cute. Funny. Worth a binge.

We’ve watched all but the last episode and enjoy it. Didn’t recommend it here because, like you said, it’s more of a light, cute murder mystery. Plus, wasn’t sure how the younger ones would react to Steve Martin and Martin Short. btw, Selena Gomez is not aging well, and her voice sounds like one of Marge Simpson’s sisters. Too many smokes. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:31 pm

I was randomly roaming over Amazon Prime, found and watched a movie with Shia LaBeouf called Eagle Eye. Futuristic action show. I enjoyed it for a one-timer.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 pm

tGreenWay wrote: Selena Gomez is not aging well, and her voice sounds like one of Marge Simpson’s sisters.
Man irritating... nasal and just not a pleasant sound.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:49 pm

I would just bounce to the 15 minute mark or so... I haven't even finished it, but it looks like a good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaZsPh6uyWg

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=24292
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25