Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-06-09, 10:42

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Half way throught "nobody" and enjoying it very much....
Holy shit... Nobody is pretty sweet.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-06-09, 12:46

Honestly, I haven't watched Conan on TBS since maybe year 2 or 3, but it is kind of sad that it's ending.

[tw]1402377663231057920[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-09, 13:32

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

If you don't care for people, that's your prerogative, but I've come across some pretty sweet people in my life.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-06-09, 14:12

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
What platform is it on?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-06-09, 14:26

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-06-09, 14:30

A movie... don't think it is on a platform yet, probably rent at home? Whatever... make the time to watch it if you're down with stupid action flicks. Better then John Wick movies.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-06-13, 14:06

Just watched Coming 2 America. Not as funny as the original but entertaining. Two things:

1) I thought Louie Anderson was dead.
2) Shari Headley has aged beautifully. I find her more attractive now than in the original.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-06-15, 00:40

Anybody watch ZNation? It’s not the greatest acting but it reminds me of old Xena or a little bit of ash vs. evil dead. Not as funny but entertaining. All episodes on netflix now. You can skip around and won’t miss much. Lots of people you’ll recognize but you’ll be like “I know that person! It’s…. ??”
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-06-15, 01:15

Rocinante wrote:Anybody watch ZNation? It’s not the greatest acting but it reminds me of old Xena or a little bit of ash vs. evil dead. Not as funny but entertaining. All episodes on netflix now. You can skip around and won’t miss much. Lots of people you’ll recognize but you’ll be like “I know that person! It’s…. ??”

Pretty sure there’s an episode with that faygo rap group. They are not good actors. I ffwarded through most of it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-06-15, 14:54

Rocinante wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Anybody watch ZNation? It’s not the greatest acting but it reminds me of old Xena or a little bit of ash vs. evil dead. Not as funny but entertaining. All episodes on netflix now. You can skip around and won’t miss much. Lots of people you’ll recognize but you’ll be like “I know that person! It’s…. ??”

Pretty sure there’s an episode with that faygo rap group. They are not good actors. I ffwarded through most of it.

ICP? Is that the group? You ff past ICP? Clown move, bro.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-06-15, 14:56

I gave Law & Order Organized Crime three episodes before pulling the plug.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-06-15, 15:01

Watched “The Dry” a couple of weeks ago with Eric Bana. It’s a variation on an often told storyline, but it stays interesting throughout. I enjoyed it.
Here’s the writeup from IMDB:

“Federal Agent Aaron Falk returns to his home town after an absence of over twenty years to attend the funeral of his childhood friend, Luke, who allegedly killed his wife and child before taking his own life - a victim of the madness that has ravaged this community after more than a decade of drought. When Falk reluctantly agrees to stay and investigate the crime, he opens up an old wound - the death of 17- year-old Ellie Deacon. Falk begins to suspect these two crimes, separated by decades, are connected. As he struggles to prove not only Luke's innocence but also his own, Falk finds himself pitted against the prejudice towards him and and pent-up rage of a terrified community.”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-06-15, 15:54

tGreenWay wrote:I gave Law & Order Organized Crime three episodes before pulling the plug.
Never cared for any of the L&Os.

NCIS is getting it's 3rd offshoot show this fall: NCIS Hawaii

Really like the original and NCIS New Orleans, but not a big fan of NCIS Los Angeles. Not sure the cast but will give Hawaii a look.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-06-23, 20:13

"Kevin can F himself" on AMC... Half shitty sitcom, half breaking bad level dark drama. Like 3 episodes so far. Pretty good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-06-23, 21:06

Does it have a laugh track?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-06-23, 21:09

Started watching Brockmire last night. The first episode is really funny and gets you tuned up for something great but i watched I think 3 episodes and it just didn’t take off. Does it get better?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-06-23, 21:16

Rocinante wrote:Does it have a laugh track?
Yup, some of it...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-06-24, 18:46

3-4 episodes into Sweet Tooth on Netflix. I'd give it a 7/10... Better then a kick in the face.

Dystopian scifi.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-06-24, 21:29

Rocinante wrote:Does it have a laugh track?

A horribly loud, annoying laugh track on the sitcom side. I agree with Joe that it’s pretty good, but closer to the “it’s okay” side than leaning to the “it’s good” side. It’s like a low 3-star, AFAIC. The only thing keeping me watching is the drama side, which is interesting but not at the level or quality of Breaking Bad. The sitcom side is beyond terrible, in writing and acting. Just awful. I’m hanging in there after three episodes, but only barely. Kind of bummed this is where Annie Murphy chose to go after Schitt’s Creek when I’ll bet she had a large offer sheet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-06-27, 17:39

Watched “the dirt” last night. Didn’t realize how little of a slap on the wrist Vince Neal got for killing someone and severely injuring two others while wasted.

I’m not sure how embellished that show is but they were pretty fucked up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-07-09, 21:36

I’m home alone. Everyone of my family members have better things to do then hang with me.  So I’m watching Independence Day.  It’s 25 years old. Holy shit. Older than my oldest. I was 34 when it came out. I guarantee you I wasn’t home alone on a Friday night watching a movie from 1971 when it came out.  

I still like it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-07-09, 21:53

^^^Sorta cheesy but will watch when it's on.

Red 2 coming up on Paramount at 10. Better if you've seen the original Red but still entertaining.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-07-09, 21:57

Why didn’t Richard Pryor get the role in blazing saddles? He wrote the screen play fergodssakes
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-07-09, 22:05

DWags wrote:Why didn’t Richard Pryor get the role in blazing saddles? He wrote the screen play fergodssakes
Cleavon Little was perfect for the part. JMO...don't think Pryor could have pulled it off as well. Maybe he didn't want to do it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-07-09, 22:11

DWags wrote:Watched “the dirt” last night. Didn’t realize how little of a slap on the wrist Vince Neal got for killing someone and severely injuring two others while wasted.

I’m not sure how embellished that show is but they were pretty fucked up.

If you're into Crüe, Nikki Sixx "Heroine Diaries" is a crazy read.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2021-07-12, 17:21

Finally finishing up Tales From the Tour Bus. Such an awesome series. Those country dudes sure did do a lot of shooting. Awful lot of psychadelics for the funk guys.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-07-12, 19:50

"I think you should leave" season 2... I think it's pretty damn funny. May be an acquired taste though.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-07-15, 03:38

Ron Carey as Carl Levitt on Barney Miller really is under rated. He was a damn good comedy actor.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2021-07-15, 21:29

-Mare of Easttown ruled
-Black Widow was decent
-Tomorrow War wasn't bad
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-07-15, 21:43

HOLYSHITITSDEATHROE!!!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-07-15, 21:54

A Call To Spy: Interesting, but slow paced.

No Sudden Move: Also interesting. Good, not great. Cool to see Soderbergh in Detroit again with Don Cheadle. Big names in this movie. Damn, Brendan Fraser got freaking faaat.

Lansky: Really liked this and it’s an interesting story, but the end wraps up too quickly, as if the director and producers thought they were running out of film. Harvey Keitel still has it as Meyer Lansky.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-07-15, 21:57

I’m still watching Kevin can f¥€k himself or whatever it’s called, and I don’t know why at this point. The sitcom portion is so unbelievably bad, and while the drama is still interesting enough to hold my attention, it’s becoming harder and harder to suspend disbelief enough to enjoy this show. I might bail soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-07-15, 22:21

Death Roe wrote:-Mare of Easttown ruled

DR, did you see the end coming?  I had no clue.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-15, 22:30

Death Roe wrote:-Mare of Easttown ruled
-Black Widow was decent
-Tomorrow War wasn't bad

Who are you?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-07-25, 16:00

Ice Road on Netflix is a pretty wild ride. It reminds me a lot of a 1970s Irwin Allen disaster movie.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-07-25, 20:30

Really enjoy Gordon Ramsey Uncharted. He's in the UP in this week's episode. 9pm Nat Geo tonight
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-07-25, 21:46

kingstonlake wrote:Really enjoy Gordon Ramsey Uncharted. He's in the UP in this week's episode. 9pm Nat Geo tonight

Culinary gems in the UP? I smell a conspiracy
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-08, 03:09

mare of easttown started pretty well but about halfway through it got to be a bit too much for me and i just didn't really care about the plot/how it ended anymore
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-08, 05:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:mare of easttown started pretty well but about halfway through it got to be a bit too much for me and i just didn't really care about the plot/how it ended anymore

How it ends is nuts. Nobody could have guessed it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-09, 01:13

ok just watched eternal sunshine of a spotless mind and i've got a lot to think about holy fuck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next