Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

+26
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Banks2Mason
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
I.B. Fine
Cameron
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
30 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 4 Empty Re: So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-05, 14:51

I guess Matt Campbell declined the opportunity to interview at MSU. What a moron. Could have used it to leverage more pay.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 4 Empty Re: So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-02-05, 14:51

steveschneider wrote:I guess Matt Campbell declined the opportunity to interview at MSU. What a moron. Could have used it to leverage more pay.

do people not understand how this stuff works? there's a very real possibility that already happened behind the scenes.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-05, 15:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Fickell? Narduzzi?

what does Narduzzi's contract look like at Pitt??

Matt Campbell from Iowa State?

Probably standard for the industry: Pieces of paper with lots of letters and numbers on it.
I'm not afraid of you and I will beat your ass.

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 4 Image.ashx?domain=www.jsonline.com&file=Yo-La-Tengo

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 15:31

steveschneider wrote:I guess Matt Campbell declined the opportunity to interview at MSU. What a moron. Could have used it to leverage more pay.

He just got an extension in December (through 2025). He gets $3.5 million/year. His buyout is $5 million.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-02-05, 16:00

They should hire James Caan. Spent time at MSU before transferring, and was an incredibly successful coach at ESU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-05, 16:01

NigelUno wrote:

He just got an extension in December (through 2025). He gets $3.5 million/year. His buyout is $5 million.

That makes sense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-05, 17:13

Fickell spotted on campus?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 17:15

DWags wrote:Fickell spotted on campus?

Feeding the ducks?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 17:16

Fickell gets around $2.4 million/year and I think his buy out is $2 million. That works if he wants an upgrade.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-05, 17:30

I’ll know the identity of MSU’s next football coach a minute after Beekman introduces him.

Way too many rumors etc.

I suspect Blackwell’s lawyer called Tony Paul for the NCAA violations scoop as soon as one of of Blackwell’s buddies still at MSU or HS coaches heard about Dantonio’s plans. Part of Blackwell’s scorched earth plan.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 18:43

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 4 276803595

[tw]1225198887432003584[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-05, 18:47

[tw]1225194276319113216[/tw]

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 4 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-05, 18:47

meh

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2020-02-05, 18:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meh)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-05, 19:11

I think this is going to be finalized and perhaps leaked tonight. I think Mike Tressel is going to be the DC with UC's DC taking over as HC down there. I think/hope Harlon is coming back as DB coach. A
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-05, 19:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think this is going to be finalized and perhaps leaked tonight. I think Mike Tressel is going to be the DC with UC's DC taking over as HC down there. I think/hope Harlon is coming back as DB coach. A

Bro is this comp or what
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-05, 19:23

WBH I like the vibe you’re putting out.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-05, 19:24

Someone help a brother out in ....
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-05, 19:34

Yeah Comp and some others.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-05, 19:38

So Bob Stoops said no?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-05, 19:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think this is going to be finalized and perhaps leaked tonight. I think Mike Tressel is going to be the DC with UC's DC taking over as HC down there. I think/hope Harlon is coming back as DB coach. A

Not surprised about Tressel.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-05, 19:41

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-05, 20:24

"FWIW Comparoni just said it’s a done deal. Per his source that confirmed Dantonio was retiring"

rcmb^
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-05, 20:36

That was the rumor yesterday, that Cincy's DC would take the HC job and make the DB coach the new DC. Now, who knows how much of the rest of the staff, if any, would move with Fickell, but it is interesting how those positions align with Tressel and Barnett.

Definitely seems to be at alert level Orange.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-05, 20:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:
That was the rumor yesterday, that Cincy's DC would take the HC job and make the DB coach the new DC. Now, who knows how much of the rest of the staff, if any, would move with Fickell, but it is interesting how those positions align with Tressel and Barnett.

Definitely seems to be at alert level Orange.

This is how I know you’re old.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-05, 20:40

Yeah can confirm re Comp. He said "one of" his sources who told him that yesterday said it was done.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-05, 20:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:"FWIW Comparoni just said it’s a done deal. Per his source that confirmed Dantonio was retiring"

rcmb^

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 4 1550444538
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 20:49

I wonder if Dantonio and/or Beekman flew to Cincy on Monday.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-02-05, 20:59

Honestly, if this happens this quickly, does that show some foresight and planning by everyone?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-05, 21:03

couldn't have went better if this turns out to be true
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 21:03

InTenSity wrote:Honestly, if this happens this quickly, does that show some foresight and planning by everyone?

Yes. And the planning includes Dantonio in my opinion.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-05, 21:20

Did anyone track Dantonios movement in the last week or so?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 21:23

DWags wrote:Did anyone track Dantonios movement in the last week or so?

I think he may have been in Cincy on Monday. That's just a guess.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-05, 21:34

Can he drag that QB and WR they signed? I read somewhere that he signed 4 of the top 5 classes in the last 15 of Cincinnati football
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-02-05, 21:46

kingstonlake wrote:Can he drag that QB and WR they signed? I read somewhere that he signed 4 of the top 5 classes in the last 15 of Cincinnati football

Mostly the QB
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-05, 21:47

I have a 6am flight to Flagstaff, still need to pack, and I'm over here rubbing my cock to college football coaching rumors, christ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-02-05, 21:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have a 6am flight to Flagstaff, still need to pack, and I'm over here rubbing my cock to college football coaching rumors, christ

OT: my bro just got a job at Rolex in Scottsdale. Big step up for him. Pretty cool
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-02-05, 21:50

Anyone else a tad nervous about the 2012 OSU situation or was that a no-win type of deal?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-05, 21:51

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have a 6am flight to Flagstaff, still need to pack, and I'm over here rubbing my cock to college football coaching rumors, christ

OT: my bro just got a job at Rolex in Scottsdale. Big step up for him. Pretty cool

Already moved from Denver? Shiiit. He golfs though, so pretty bomb spot. Nice!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-05, 21:52

Tim Wakefield wrote:Anyone else a tad nervous about the 2012 OSU situation or was that a no-win type of deal?

I mean it was 8 years ago and a no-win type of deal. That, and I'm not sure who else we could get that is better.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 22:03

Rumors? It's Fickell.
Get your hands off your pickle.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next