Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

+26
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Banks2Mason
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
I.B. Fine
Cameron
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
30 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 Empty Re: So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

Post by kingstonlake 05/02/20, 10:04 pm

I got a Fickellstaff right now.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 Empty Re: So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 05/02/20, 10:13 pm

kingstonlake wrote:I got a Fickellstaff right now.

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 05/02/20, 10:38 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Anyone else a tad nervous about the 2012 OSU situation or was that a no-win type of deal?
No win situation. Was a toxic environment, and it was hard to get the players to truly buy in for a temp coach.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 05/02/20, 10:47 pm

I'm at the point where I will say that only a monumental fuck up at this juncture is going to derail this.

Still looking at you Joel.

Someone posted a funny yesterday. I'm Team Rachel for the most part but someone on the Bunker posted "Has anyone confirmed that Rachel Delhollander approves of the hiring?" and it caught me a bit off guard and I spit out laughing. That was fucking funny.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 05/02/20, 10:52 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Anyone else a tad nervous about the 2012 OSU situation or was that a no-win type of deal?

I mean it was 8 years ago and a no-win type of deal. That, and I'm not sure who else we could get that is better.

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 Whitehall-rowboat
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 05/02/20, 11:47 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have a 6am flight to Flagstaff, still need to pack, and I'm over here rubbing my cock to college football coaching rumors, christ

OT: my bro just got a job at Rolex in Scottsdale. Big step up for him. Pretty cool

Does he get a discount?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 06/02/20, 05:05 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm at the point where I will say that only a monumental fuck up at this juncture is going to derail this.

Someone posted a funny yesterday. I'm Team Rachel for the most part but someone on the Bunker posted "Has anyone confirmed that Rachel Delhollander approves of the hiring?" and it caught me a bit off guard and I spit out laughing. That was fucking funny.
So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 06/02/20, 05:32 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm at the point where I will say that only a monumental fuck up at this juncture is going to derail this.

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 502811600 that is fucking funny
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 06/02/20, 05:35 am

We need to start identifying who we want to be coaching Cinci in 2038.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 06/02/20, 06:46 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:We need to start identifying who we want to be coaching Cinci in 2038.

Steven Izzo
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 06/02/20, 04:07 pm

[tw]1225435108259368965[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 06/02/20, 04:31 pm

Is strange every time it MSU football has a critical date Tony Paul shoots out another headline.

You’d think he is being fed info meant to put MSU back into the post Duffy wasteland
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 06/02/20, 04:59 pm

Bring Johnel back. Need the bandit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 06/02/20, 05:39 pm

Jared Kushner
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 10/02/20, 10:02 am

Heat Miser wrote:Fickell sounds good to me, but I bet they lift the interim tag off Tressel & and we get 3 more years of driving the program into the ground.

Bump. So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 4177874726
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 10/02/20, 10:14 am

Heat Miser wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Fickell sounds good to me, but I bet they lift the interim tag off Tressel & and we get 3 more years of driving the program into the ground.

Bump. So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 4177874726

I hate that yhou're right, but damn, are you right.

Call tucker back and beg.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/02/20, 10:30 am

so.... as I was saying...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 10/02/20, 11:15 am

Let's party

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? - Page 5 187fyj5209fg9jpg

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/02/10/bret-bielema-michigan-state-football-coach-job/4712198002/

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/02/20, 11:19 am

post #77 in this thread..

(followed by a somewhat lucid conversation regarding the recruitment of cornfed white offensive linemen with buzz cuts from Wisconsin).

heard someone this morning say "we should at least give Bret Bielema a look".. now, I appreciate that he's (more or less) a Big Ten guy and he did a great job at Wisconsin.. but, man, he ran Arkansas into the ground.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 10/02/20, 11:20 am

I’m in. Give me Bret. Do it. It’s going to be a wonderful shit show. Let it happen.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 10/02/20, 11:27 am

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I hate that yhou're right, but damn, are you right.

Call tucker back and beg.

Have the search guy call him. 5 years. $5 million/year. I think he gets $2.5 million now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 10/02/20, 11:38 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m in. Give me Bret. Do it. It’s going to be a wonderful shit show. Let it happen.

Why not, is his wife still kinda hot?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 10/02/20, 11:44 am

Your mom.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/02/20, 11:45 am

has anyone thought about Jim McElwain?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 10/02/20, 11:46 am

This is the bargaining phase.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/02/20, 11:53 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This is the bargaining phase.
Elisabeth Kubler Ross appreciates your reference.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 10/02/20, 01:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:has anyone thought about Jim McElwain?

At this point I’d settle for the shark he was fucking on that boat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 10/02/20, 01:41 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:has anyone thought about Jim McElwain?

At this point I’d settle for the shark he was fucking on that boat.

Welp no sooner said than done. We might be getting the Shark he fucked.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/02/10/bret-bielema-michigan-state-football-coach-job/4712198002/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 10/02/20, 01:44 pm

They'll probably wind up with someone like Tony Annesse as a stop gap for a few years.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 10/02/20, 01:50 pm

Where in the World Is Matt Canada—and Why Doesn't He Have a Job?

Yes, on the opening week of the 2019 college football season, a man who was recognized just three years ago as one of the top assistants in football, a guy who only two years ago was the highest paid offensive coordinator in the sport, a coach who last year led Maryland to the brink of bowl eligibility despite the darkest of days, is at the beach. “It’s been great to be off the grid,” says Canada, “but it’s odd this time of year to not be with a team. The ups and downs of our business… well, I’ve certainly had a few.” Many of Canada’s colleagues are shocked he doesn’t have a job, and his former players are surprised, too, stunned that schools passed on a man they believe possesses one of the more brilliant offensive minds in the game. Canada himself admits to passing on at least a couple of coordinator opportunities this offseason. All of this means that the college football world is left with a void. For at least one season, the sport is without a unique offensive scheme that manipulates defenses with movement by way of incessant presnap motions and shifts. It is a system anchored around the fly sweep, and adorned with reverses to left tackles and shovel passes to tight ends, one with fluctuating pace, loads of misdirection and an inverted triple option that confounds some of the game’s most savvy defensive gurus.

Canada’s concepts are compelling enough that they’ve crept into the NFL, with Chiefs coach Andy Reid incorporating them two years ago, followed by the Seahawks, Bears and Rams. “We’ll see people doing stuff and we’ll go, ‘Man, remember when we did that seven, eight years ago?’” says Eddie Faulkner, an assistant for the Steelers who spent five years under Canada at three different schools. “He doesn’t get the credit he deserves for what he’s brought to offensive football.” Canada’s units set offensive school records at Indiana (2007), Wisconsin (2012) and Pitt (2016), and most recently, as interim coach during a drama-filled season at Maryland, his offense hung a combined 85 points on Texas and Ohio State.

(Hired last month as QB Coach for the Steelers.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 10/02/20, 01:53 pm

Where's Harlon?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 10/02/20, 05:37 pm

Will MSU leave the state for its next coach?

Creighton took over EMU in 2014. Since 2016 his teams have won 7, 5, 7, and 6 games. Yeah, it doesn't look good, but considering EMU won 6 or more games in a season only six times between 1980 and 2016, it's pretty good.

McElwain gave CMU life immediately. Enos was on his way to returning the program to pre Brian Kelly days, and the next coach couldn't right the ship. In his first year, McElwain had them in the conference championship. He has experience, including head coaching experience, at big time programs.

DWags is a seasoned message board poster who knows football. He is relaxed and would probably be a good recruiter. He would bring famed message board poster Bob Sakimano along as special teams coordinator and director of sarcasm, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/02/20, 07:59 pm

I’m team Bret Beilema
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 10/02/20, 08:00 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m team Bret Beilema

I won't watch a second if beilema is the hire
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 10/02/20, 08:04 pm

At this point, because I'm like Travis, I am too. I'm just cheering for the chaos. Holy fuck that would be funny.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/02/20, 08:04 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Bullshit
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 10/02/20, 08:07 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Shit, i'll be glued to the set, or stnding on my feet in the stadium.

Who said our 2020 team phrase should be "Shit show"?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/02/20, 08:07 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Will MSU leave the state for its next coach?

Creighton took over EMU in 2014. Since 2016 his teams have won 7, 5, 7, and 6 games. Yeah, it doesn't look good, but considering EMU won 6 or more games in a season only six times between 1980 and 2016, it's pretty good.

McElwain gave CMU life immediately. Enos was on his way to returning the program to pre Brian Kelly days, and the next coach couldn't right the ship. In his first year, McElwain had them in the conference championship. He has experience, including head coaching experience, at big time programs.

DWags is a seasoned message board poster who knows football. He is relaxed and would probably be a good recruiter. He would bring famed message board poster Bob Sakimano along as special teams coordinator and director of sarcasm, too.
I could get behind this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/02/20, 08:09 pm

Remember that little Cuban kid Elian Gonzales?

Wonder if he's interested?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 10/02/20, 08:11 pm

The level of disdain for that guy among the fanbase would make it interesting. I can't imagine how people could reconcile that in their heads. Then again, I think some MSU fans sent him a wedding gift, so maybe it would be ok.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next