Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

+30
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
duffy munn
AvgMSUJoe
Heathens '87
aualum06
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Dendrobates
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
InTenSity
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
34 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 10 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by MattyFresh 2020-10-31, 22:54

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Very nice contribution tGreenway. You're doing great. Here's your applesauce. Bingo starts at 10.

That’s no way to speak to an elder.

"Bingo starts at 10, sir."

sorry about that old balls.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 10 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-11-01, 01:14

kingstonlake wrote:The beauty of this game was that sure, with fans who knows. They do make a difference.

But it was a game with a Michigan roster 100% comprised of harbaughs guys. All he recruited. Tucker showed up, Dantonios players, his coaches, short prep year, new system. Your guys vs who I brought.

And Tucker housed em.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 10 3434560931 keep going
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-11-01, 01:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:The beauty of this game was that sure, with fans who knows. They do make a difference.

But it was a game with a Michigan roster 100% comprised of harbaughs guys. All he recruited. Tucker showed up, Dantonios players, his coaches, short prep year, new system. Your guys vs who I brought.

And Tucker housed em.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 10 3434560931 keep going

i got ya Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 10 4113017228 ... games starting on replay
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-01, 08:21

Also, on the larger more important point I thought when this pandemic hit Tucker represented the school and alum well. He didn’t throw the school president under the bus. Also, dude is sharp as hell. UofM can keep their khakis that suit he was rocking on the bus next to Paul B was bad ass. The cigar pic with the aviators bad ass as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-17, 14:55

Pretty clear Coach Mel isn’t happy with the level of effort he’s getting from some players. Couple more players are opting out for the rest of the season, and Mel is suggesting there will be players leaving and he’s looking to use the portal.

Michigan State's Mel Tucker message amid transfer, opt-outs: 'Compete to play, compete to stay'

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/11/17/michigan-state-football-mel-tucker-maryland-football-covid-19/6316062002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-17, 14:58

Something else I’ve been thinking about:
Is Mel done with building his staff, or were some of his current coaches merely filling the time/roster because of when his hiring took place? It was quite late to go getting top level coaches.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-11-17, 15:21

Since so many high school athletes are not able to showcase their senior seasons this year, would it be reasonable to hold open tryouts and make it a big to do? They get exposure even if they don’t get some hidden gems.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-17, 16:31

Rocinante wrote:Since so many high school athletes are not able to showcase their senior seasons this year, would it be reasonable to hold open tryouts and make it a big to do? They get exposure even if they don’t get some hidden gems.

Not sure about that. On one hand, it seems kind of desperate if for no other reason than it’s a new coach, especially if it’s at SS. If it were someplace further north, meaning easier to reach for more players, it might be framed as outreach and a goodwill gesture.

Two things probably doom this before it starts: Logistics and everything else that goes into putting this together. My guess is Harbro didn’t have anything to do with his southern state dog & pony show—he just showed up and did his thing.
The other issue being do you want your new coach taking his eyes off all the work that needs to be done right now in-house, without adding the extra work?

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2020-11-17, 18:45; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-17, 16:33

Rocinante wrote:Since so many high school athletes are not able to showcase their senior seasons this year, would it be reasonable to hold open tryouts and make it a big to do? They get exposure even if they don’t get some hidden gems.

You have watched Necessary Roughness too many times.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-11-17, 18:33

I have never seen that film Turtleneck
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-17, 20:18

Turtleneck wrote:

You have watched Necessary Roughness too many times.

Maybe Roc was inspired by Invincible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-11-17, 22:45

I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen that one either.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-11-17, 22:46

Never heard of him.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-02, 07:32

I think he's awesome. Read Couch's takes on the game and he noted he hasn't seen the Spartans run the ball that well since 2016 or so. Our blocking looked really good vs Northwestern.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-12-10, 21:51

Transfer portal
[ig]CIpCbYhlcWk[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-10, 22:26

I am shocked. Wonder what the deal was there. Maybe he didn't work very hard? Just hope it doesn't hurt us in Belleville. Especially if Dobbs follows him out the door.

Hope he lands on his feet. Talented kid.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-10, 22:40

If I had to guess we will also lose all of these guys, at minimum. Dobbs, Collins, Wright, Day.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-12-10, 23:15

The last three I totally agree. We've seen the QB and RB situations play out. Barnett played quite a bit last year and was noticeably absent this year. No idea on Dobbs. Could be right. Seems to be the consensus on the messageboards. But his absence could be anywhere from simply not ready to he hates it here. The window is much narrower for the other dudes.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-10, 23:22

The OL Coach said DD has been dealing with an injury this year. So it's probably that and total speculation on my part. But it fits the mold.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-13, 02:00

I'm pretty sure I know why Tuck and staff keep playing Heyward and didn't turn to Thorne earlier. I'm gonna let DWags explain it since he actually coached and I just played Madden.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-12-13, 07:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm pretty sure I know why Tuck and staff keep playing Heyward and didn't turn to Thorne earlier. I'm gonna let DWags explain it since he actually coached and I just played Madden.

Well you got me curious. Do we have to wait for Dwags to wake up?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-12-13, 09:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm pretty sure I know why Tuck and staff keep playing Heyward and didn't turn to Thorne earlier. I'm gonna let DWags explain it since he actually coached and I just played Madden.

Come on, dude. Duffy is right. DWags could be passed out until dinner time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-12-13, 15:17

Any player recruited by Dantonio and is unhappy enough to leave is understandable.

Its a win / win for the player(s) transferring and the new coach.  They didn't sign the LOI to play for CMT and CMT inherited the signed LOI's of what are now unhappy players.

CMT nor any other coach can have a good locker room knowing they have to keep player(s) from any particualr HS happy.  Hope Barnett find a new school and a coach who has PT for him.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-12-13, 16:07

It’s after 4pm, so old people of DWags’ generation will be up soon for dinner. Maybe we can all finally figure out wtf Hatch is spewing about.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-12-13, 16:09

Maryland on Saturday. I'm much more interested to see what this team looks like come September and how recruiting goes over the summer
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-13, 16:27

tGreenWay wrote:It’s after 4pm, so old people of DWags’ generation will be up soon for dinner. Maybe we can all finally figure out wtf Hatch is spewing about.

It's pretty basic Greenie, I just didn't want to type it up last night. It's all about establishing his culture in the program.

This is not to state that there was anything wrong with the previous culture under Coach D. But consider that when a new guy comes in, charged with overhauling the program, he wants and needs to establish his own culture in the locker-room.

Now I don't know anything about what is going on inside the Skandlaris and Duffy beyond what our insiders post here. But is it fair to imagine that the new guy needs some help from the players in establishing his culture, and that some are going to buy in and others aren't? I think so. Is it also fair to say that in accordance with that goal, he may entrust in some guys who work really hard, who buy in, who show leadership abilities to lead that buy in charge? And equally important, is it fair to say that he may not want to reward those who don't work as hard, or do those things? Especially in year 1, especially in a year as borked as this one is? That could be as critical of a footprint on this program going forward as any. Ultimately that may be more important to the program moving forward than other near term goals like beating Illinois or some shit. Maybe not but maybe.

If you have a guy who works his ass off RELENTLESSLY in practice, who knows the playbook inside and out, who knows where and how to pick up blitzers, who coaches up younger guys - that's the kind of guy you want to establish your culture. If another guy doesn't work as hard, showed up in September maybe slightly out of shape and not knowing the playbook?

I also think this is why we saw Rocky to start out. Rocky is a leader, a guy who everyone on the team looked up to. Culture guy. I know Thorne works hard so I'm not saying he will not start Thorne, but these things are very important in year 1.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-02-12, 19:27

1 year later bump
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-12, 20:17

Tbd
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-12, 21:18

Yep, still too soon. The guy hasn’t even been able to meet prospective recruits face to face yet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-02-12, 21:49

Considering what he inherited + the late hire + the Covid mess + the Nasser mess, I'd give him a solid B. 6-6 or better year 2 + an uptick in recruiting would be satisfactory I think.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-13, 01:51

He's 1-0. Good start.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-10, 16:44

Just 'sup'd Coach Tucker in the parking lot of Monticello's in Haslett.

I'm sure it's a moment he'll never forget.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-10, 17:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just 'sup'd Coach Tucker in the parking lot of Monticello's in Haslett.

It’s no stalking Izzo at Carriage Hills Goff, but it’ll do.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-04-11, 00:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just 'sup'd Coach Tucker in the parking lot of Monticello's in Haslett.

It’s no stalking Izzo at Carriage Hills Goff, but it’ll do.

L & L
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Rocinante like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-11, 00:56

what did he say back, bob? a head nod? tip of the cap? I wonder if he went back to his family and told them he saw bobby sak!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-11, 01:21

what did he say back, bob? a head nod? tip of the cap? I wonder if he went back to his family and told them he saw bobby sak!

He goddamn better have.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-11, 01:33

He called the cops and reported a weird heckler on a bike.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-04-11, 06:19

Does he miss Steve?

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2021-04-11, 07:17; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-11, 06:44

FTR, when Bob walked up to me and introduced himself, I was impressed. Kind of in between the feeling I got when I met Bob Seger and when I met Lloyd Carr. More towards the Seger feeling.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-04-11, 07:14

Yesterday, at the time that Bob posted that, I was supposed to be going to the meijer in haslett, which is famously right next to montecello’s. Instead I didn’t do that. I could have been right there, on the scene, to meet Bob potentially or at the very least, be near him and suck in some of his aura. Not going to meijer yesterday is one of the great regrets of my life.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn, DWags, Turtleneck, kingstonlake and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next