Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+32
y2kMgrad
tGreenWay
gomersbro
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
aualum06
Dendrobates
Tim Wakefield
duffy munn
The Pantry
pulling69
Jake from State Farm
msugolfguy
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
MSU addict
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
36 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-30, 00:02

Ok post deleted. I hope that's not true. But either way... We all need to stay positive. It is critical. We can fight later.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 06:05

2500+ hoax-related deaths.

Even one of the leader's minions, Dr. Fauci, says US deaths could total 100,000 - 200,000.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-03-30, 08:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:2500+ hoax-related deaths.

Even one of the leader's minions, Dr. Fauci, says US deaths could total 100,000 - 200,000.

I wouldn't call Fauci a minion, Bob. He's the one thing Trump has done right. Now if only he would let him do his job and stop talking out of ass about things, like science and well pretty much everything, he knows nothing about.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-30, 08:35

Tim Wakefield wrote:WBH, they don't trust Fauci. Starting to see the narrative that "something's off" about him and he's part of the "deep state" working against trump. Discouraging as fuck

Well, see Bob's post calling Fauci one of Trump's minions. So both extremes distrust him. It shows the mental toll this shutdown is taking on some.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 08:43

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:2500+ hoax-related deaths.

I wouldn't call Fauci a minion, Bob. He's the one thing Trump has done right. Now if only he would let him do his job and stop talking out of ass about things, like science and well pretty much everything, he knows nothing about.
I kinda have a hard time trusting anyone who aligns himself with such a pathetic, disgusting person who has no value for human life.

I hope you're right. Time will tell.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-30, 08:52

Wife got laid off from the church. Just found out that doing gods work exempts you from paying into unemployment so she doesn’t qualify for unemployment and the stimulus. My thoughts and prayers are with religion while they struggle through these tax exempt and non profitable times.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-03-30, 08:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I kinda have a hard time trusting anyone who aligns himself with such a pathetic, disgusting person who has no value for human life.

I get what you are saying. No doubt Fauci feels a little handcuffed waiting for the other shoe to drop because Trump is always looming.

I'm surprised he hasn't been fired for going on CNN.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-03-30, 09:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Fauci has worked under 5 different presidents. I don't think he was appointed by Trump. More of a deep state minion.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-30, 09:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:WBH, they don't trust Fauci. Starting to see the narrative that "something's off" about him and he's part of the "deep state" working against trump. Discouraging as fuck

Well, see Bob's post calling Fauci one of Trump's minions. So both extremes distrust him. It shows the mental toll this shutdown is taking on some.

Even without the shutdown the extremes would still be batshit as ever. Bobs post re fauci is a perfect example.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 09:32

kingstonlake wrote:Wife got laid off from the church. Just found out that doing gods work exempts you from paying into unemployment so she doesn’t qualify for unemployment and the stimulus. My thoughts and prayers are with religion while they struggle through these tax exempt and non profitable times.
ugh - sorry man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-30, 09:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Wife got laid off from the church. Just found out that doing gods work exempts you from paying into unemployment so she doesn’t qualify for unemployment and the stimulus. My thoughts and prayers are with religion while they struggle through these tax exempt and non profitable times.
ugh - sorry man.

It’s ok. Whatever we can do to help “non profit” churches during these difficult times is our duty, lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 09:42

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I kinda have a hard time trusting anyone who aligns himself with such a pathetic, disgusting person who has no value for human life.

Fauci has worked under 5 different presidents. I don't think he was appointed by Trump. More of a deep state minion.
it's one thing to work under 5 different presidents and another thing to align yourself with such a disgusting piece of trash. I get that he's doing his job and may think he can save us from the current leadership. I appreciate that. It's just until proven otherwise, I'm suspicious.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 09:42

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:ugh - sorry man.

It’s ok. Whatever we can do to help “non profit” churches during these difficult times is our duty, lol.
afro
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 09:44

Liberty University isn't afraid of a hoax..

The decision by the school’s president, Jerry Falwell Jr., to partly reopen his evangelical university enraged residents of Lynchburg, Va. Then students started getting sick.

thoughts and prayers.

Click me if you're brave enough to read an article that might make you sad
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-30, 09:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Liberty University isn't afraid of a hoax..

The decision by the school’s president, Jerry Falwell Jr., to partly reopen his evangelical university enraged residents of Lynchburg, Va. Then students started getting sick.

thoughts and prayers.

Click me if you're brave enough to read an article that might make you sad

My thought is they all deserve what they get, & my prayer is that Falwell gets it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-03-30, 10:00

Florida church jammed for Sunday service despite pandemic
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-30, 10:04

WUHAN COVID-19 DEATH TOLL MAY BE IN TENS OF THOUSANDS, DATA ON CREMATIONS AND SHIPMENTS OF URNS SUGGEST
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-30, 10:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:Florida church jammed for Sunday service despite pandemic

Liberty University students are showing symptoms of Covid-19. Science people.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-30, 10:07

Darwin gonna naturally select some of them folks and they're going to get a lot closer to Jesus than they bargained for.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 10:19

saw that.

it would be one thing, if these folks could acquire the virus and just hold onto it themselves. A whole other situation when they leave their virus-riddled bubble and go out into the public to disseminate it to unsuspecting folks who take "stay at home" seriously and don't think the virus is a hoax.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-30, 10:29

The MSU team # is 38228.

Folding@Home Reaches Exascale: 1,500,000,000,000,000,000 Operations Per Second for COVID-19
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-30, 10:32

I do not think we are taking this very seriously. We are begging for an actual lockdown with policed streets.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 10:49

we tend to focus a lot on the negative in terms of the failure of leadership at the national level and the idiot governor in Florida...

so - for some positive angle, from what I can tell, the following have modeled some great examples of leadership: Andrew Cuomo (D) (obviously), Gov. DeWine (R) in Ohio, Whitmer (D) has been very impressive. Inslee (D) in Washington state. The Republican Gov. (forget his name) in Maryland is saying/doing a lot of the right things.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-30, 11:39

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 12:14

one of the failed leadership's other lackeys - Dr. Birx - says "even if we do everything perfectly" she still estimates 200,000 deaths.

will be interesting to see them try to frame 200,000 deaths a 'success' - though, of course, they'll try. My other estimation is that she deliberate used that language so that if there is, say, 190,000 deaths they were better than 'perfect'. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-03-30, 12:22

They just changed the rules in Michigan (if that's where you are). It might be worth checking again in a day or two.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-03-30, 12:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:we tend to focus a lot on the negative in terms of the failure of leadership at the national level and the idiot governor in Florida...

so - for some positive angle, from what I can tell, the following have modeled some great examples of leadership: Andrew Cuomo (D) (obviously), Gov. DeWine (R) in Ohio, Whitmer (D) has been very impressive. Inslee (D) in Washington state. The Republican Gov. (forget his name) in Maryland is saying/doing a lot of the right things.
Our governor in Delaware, John Carney (D), has also been impressive.  We are in full lock down until at least May 15.  He has tried to get the Governors of our neighboring states (PA, MD, NJ) to all be on same page with somewhat limited success.  Delaware is tiny and before the pandemic it was not unusual for me to visit at least two of those states in a day.  Part of my normal daily walk takes me in to Pennsylvania.  

He is now requiring any visitor from out of state to self quarantine for 14 days.  I hear reports that the state police are stopping vehicles with out of state license plates as soon as they enter Delaware.  Delaware has no state sales tax, so we get a lot of shoppers here.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 12:40

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:we tend to focus a lot on the negative in terms of the failure of leadership at the national level and the idiot governor in Florida...

Our governor in Delaware, John Carney (D), has also been impressive.  We are in full lock down until at least May 15.  He has tried to get the Governors of our neighboring states (PA, MD, NJ) to all be on same page with somewhat limited success.  Delaware is tiny and before the pandemic it was not unusual for me to visit at least two of those states in a day.  Part of my normal daily walk takes me in to Pennsylvania.  

He is now requiring any visitor from out of state to self quarantine for 14 days.  I hear reports that the state police are stopping vehicles with out of state license plates as soon as they enter Delaware.  Delaware has no state sales tax, so we get a lot of shoppers here.
nice - I like it.

leading isn't easy - it's ultimately about crisis management, telling people uncomfortable truths but also being supportive of the front lines while inspiring people and being reassuring. These Govs. have done great jobs so far.

(as has, I'm sure, a lot of people on the local levels)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-30, 13:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:one of the failed leadership's other lackeys - Dr. Birx - says "even if we do everything perfectly" she still estimates 200,000 deaths.

will be interesting to see them try to frame 200,000 deaths a 'success' - though, of course, they'll try. My other estimation is that she deliberate used that language so that if there is, say, 190,000 deaths they were better than 'perfect'. Rolling Eyes
She said 100-200k, so I dont know how you get that she would say that 190k would be better than perfectly.

She also based this on multiple models. It isn't her just pulling it out of her ass.

But you're intent on bashing highly respected experts, right alongside the far right conspiracy nuts. Enjoy that company.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 13:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:one of the failed leadership's other lackeys - Dr. Birx - says "even if we do everything perfectly" she still estimates 200,000 deaths.

She said 100-200k, so I dont know how you get that she would say that 190k would be better than perfectly.

She also based this on multiple models. It isn't her just pulling it out of her ass.

But you're intent on bashing highly respected experts, right alongside the far right conspiracy nuts. Enjoy that company.
during an interview with the "christian broadcasting network" - Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 4 502811600 - she said this in reference to the pathetic, disgusting piece of filth in the White House:

“He’s been so attentive to the scientific literature and the details and the data,” Birx said. “I think his ability to analyze and integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit during these discussions about medical issues.”

so, if you want to call her a 'highly respected expert', that's cool. I simply choose not to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-03-30, 13:25

NYT: Coronavirus Sweeps Through Detroit, a City That Has Seen Crisis Before

DETROIT — It has seen its population plummet, houses fall to ruin, and the largest municipal bankruptcy in the nation. Now another crisis has descended on Detroit: the coronavirus.

In less than two weeks, 35 people with the coronavirus have died in Detroit. The police chief has tested positive for the virus, and more than 500 police officers are in quarantine. On Sunday morning, the city’s downtown, a center of Detroit’s post-bankruptcy resurgence, was quiet and mostly deserted.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 13:26

Floyd Robertson wrote:NYT: Coronavirus Sweeps Through Detroit, a City That Has Seen Crisis Before

DETROIT — It has seen its population plummet, houses fall to ruin, and the largest municipal bankruptcy in the nation. Now another crisis has descended on Detroit: the coronavirus.

In less than two weeks, 35 people with the coronavirus have died in Detroit. The police chief has tested positive for the virus, and more than 500 police officers are in quarantine. On Sunday morning, the city’s downtown, a center of Detroit’s post-bankruptcy resurgence, was quiet and mostly deserted.

No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-30, 13:32

Report: Fox News is worried about legal action after misleading viewers about coronavirus

I've heard Trish Regan's being taken off the air is, you know, reflective of this concern that Fox News is in big trouble by downplaying this virus and The New York Times reported days ago that the Murdoch family was privately taking the coronavirus seriously. The Murdochs, of course, own Fox News. So, they were taken personal steps to protect themselves while anchors like Trish Regan and Sean Hannity were telling viewers that it's a hoax and putting themselves in potentially mortal danger.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-30, 13:36

Before anyone gives Cuomo a reach around, consider this:

On March 16 six San Francisco Bay Area counties announced a “shelter in place” order—Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and San Mateo. They were the first in the nation to take that drastic step, and can you believe that that was two weeks ago.

Three days later, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio suggested that his city needed to follow suit, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo, the same guy getting so much praise today, thought it was the dumbest f’n idea possible. “Look at your words, ‘shelter in place,’ you know where that came from? That came from nuclear war,” Cuomo told reporters on March 19. “What it said is people should go into an interior room of their home with no windows, stay there until they get the all-clear sign. Now, that’s not what people really mean, but that’s what it sounds like. Misinformation, emotion, fear, panic,“ he added, are “truly more dangerous than the virus.”

He added, “I would have to authorize those actions,. It’s not going to happen.” Two days later, Cuomo ordered a shelter in place for his state, calling it a “pause” so de Blasio wouldn’t win. But even that delay cost the city dearly.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 13:38

Heat Miser wrote:Report: Fox News is worried about legal action after misleading viewers about coronavirus

I've heard Trish Regan's being taken off the air is, you know, reflective of this concern that Fox News is in big trouble by downplaying this virus and The New York Times reported days ago that the Murdoch family was privately taking the coronavirus seriously. The Murdochs, of course, own Fox News. So, they were taken personal steps to protect themselves while anchors like Trish Regan and Sean Hannity were telling viewers that it's a hoax and putting themselves in potentially mortal danger.
I don't know - as dangerous as the "news" spewed from the mainstream media can be, people have every right to be stupid in America.

maybe this is being viewed as being predatory on stupid, gullible people? I'm not attorney (though I've been sleeping with one every night for 30 years) but I suspect the legal system has stopgaps in place to protect people from themselves?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-30, 13:41

Heat Miser wrote:

On March 16 six San Francisco Bay Area counties announced a “shelter in place” order—Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and San Mateo. They were the first in the nation to take that drastic step, and can you believe that that was two weeks ago.

Three days later, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio suggested that his city needed to follow suit, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo, the same guy getting so much praise today, thought it was the dumbest f’n idea possible. “Look at your words, ‘shelter in place,’ you know where that came from? That came from nuclear war,” Cuomo told reporters on March 19. “What it said is people should go into an interior room of their home with no windows, stay there until they get the all-clear sign. Now, that’s not what people really mean, but that’s what it sounds like. Misinformation, emotion, fear, panic,“ he added, are “truly more dangerous than the virus.”

He added, “I would have to authorize those actions,. It’s not going to happen.” Two days later, Cuomo ordered a shelter in place for his state, calling it a “pause” so de Blasio wouldn’t win. But even that delay cost the city dearly.
if accurate, I give him credit for his transition of tone over the course of 2 days. Not everyone a) took this overly urgent from day one or b) called it a 'hoax' while speaking to millions of people under the guise of leadership.

those are two extremes, so I'll give Cuomo credit for being a little suspicious at first but turning it around very quickly.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-30, 13:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Report: Fox News is worried about legal action after misleading viewers about coronavirus

I don't know - as dangerous as the "news" spewed from the mainstream media can be, people have every right to be stupid in America.

maybe this is being viewed as being predatory on stupid, gullible people? I'm not attorney (though I've been sleeping with one every night for 30 years) but I suspect the legal system has stopgaps in place to protect people from themselves?

If you can get millions from McDonald's for scalding yourself with their "too hot" coffee, who knows? Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 4 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-30, 13:50

And then there's Mississippi:

Churches, Stores Reopen As Governor Overrides Mayors’ COVID-19 Orders
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-30, 14:01

Heat Miser wrote:

Interesting point regarding Cuomo, what article did you pull that from? Would love to give it a read.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-30, 14:06

steveschneider wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Interesting point regarding Cuomo, what article did you pull that from? Would love to give it a read.

Found it.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Coronavirus-in-the-Bay-Area-The-key-events-15100710.php
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next