Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+32
y2kMgrad
tGreenWay
gomersbro
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
aualum06
Dendrobates
Tim Wakefield
duffy munn
The Pantry
pulling69
Jake from State Farm
msugolfguy
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
MSU addict
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
36 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 16 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-09, 00:53

Statistics can be misleading. I can't imagine that the vast majority of folks who are intubated are particularly young and relatively healthy. I'm thinking most are elderly and with pre-existing conditions. He is on the good side of the curve here. He's going to be ok.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-09, 01:04

Dendro, thinking the best for your brother. He’s gonna make it through. He’s gonna.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-09, 01:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Please stay strong and encourage your future sister in law to do the same. He is young and stands a better shot than most for coming back from where he is. Praying.

This. Stay strong dendro
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-09, 02:15

If you can, try to keep yourself from going there, Dendro. If that’s not possible, talk it out with Nevets. Keep talking. For me, I’ve found getting fears out in the open can help. Deep breathing can calm nerves. Slow, deep breaths. Take walks with the hubs or by yourself and say the things you’re thinking, just to keep from internalizing too much. Come back here and spend time with us. We’re here and we’re with you. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 16 685334576
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-09, 03:27

Dendrobates wrote:Guys, I don't have a good feeling. No update, just don't have a good feeling.

I hope I'm wrong.

We’re here Dendro. Vent, ask, whatever you need. Let us know.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-09, 04:30

Dendro you are in my thoughts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-09, 06:19

Some good advice here Dendro: keep busy, ask questions, process thoughts and emotions, talk, connect with supportive friends and families, exercise, eat well, get rest if you can.

Keep connecting with supportive people and reach out to a professional if you feel like you need to.

All tSwill guys are keeping positive thoughts and we're here, too. We can at least entertain you. Wink

Oddly enough, nameless/faceless "disinterested" third parties can sometimes be easier to be open and honest with than friends/families. Hence, my suggestion to reach out to a professional.

I know you know all of this. Just felt like reiterating it.

Hang in there.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-09, 10:52

Good NYT article about scientists tracking the genomes if the virus. I think the article is free, as the NYT has made most of their coronavirus content free.

Couple of key points. The virus was circulating in NY in mid-Feb and came from Europe, not Asia. Of course, it was originally from China, but it mutates slightly with the carriers, so they can track the "family tree" of the virus, which says that it came from Europe, after going there from China. The early Washington cases were from a visitor from China. So it was basically circulating NY for a couple of weeks before the first case was reported/confirmed. Probably the same in other areas, as well.

It also notes that the mutations haven't affected how the virus works and that it mutates more slowly than the flu, so that may be good news for an initial vaccine. But they also warn that future mutations may need different vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/science/new-york-coronavirus-cases-europe-genomes.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_NN_p_20200409&instance_id=17491&nl=morning-briefing&regi_id=98073650&section=topNews&segment_id=24428&te=1&user_id=237cc0e6d407a53f383d2e8a7cca9250
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-09, 13:41

This is a positive development.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medtech/bd-to-offer-fingerstick-antibody-blood-test-for-covid-19
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-09, 13:52

How the 'Stockdale Paradox' Can Help You Embrace Uncertainty
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-09, 13:58

Heat Miser wrote:How the 'Stockdale Paradox' Can Help You Embrace Uncertainty

A simple parallel that I heard recently is “either it will go well, or it will pass.” It doesn’t minimize the seriousness of the present but keeps the fact that there is something positive on the other side.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-09, 14:03

This is more or less my mindset. This is bad, could get a lot worse, but someday we'll get through it and emerge in an undoubtedly changed world.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-04-09, 16:44

Whitmer just issued an extreme alert. Good thing I stocked up on beer earlier today at the local drive thru.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-09, 17:03

Phone nearly exploded from that
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-09, 17:06

Pfizer with some good news today on treatments and a vaccine. They think they're on track to have millions of vaccines out by the end of the year. Not sure how that's possible but I'll take it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-09, 17:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pfizer with some good news today on treatments and a vaccine. They think they're on track to have millions of vaccines out by the end of the year. Not sure how that's possible but I'll take it.

I sure hope so. As I mentioned yesterday Bill Gates was pumping a lot of cash into various pharma companies and coming up with ways to accelerate it. Who knows if it will work but I"m glad Pfizer is pushing forward on this as well. Every finger is crossed!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-09, 18:03

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pfizer with some good news today on treatments and a vaccine. They think they're on track to have millions of vaccines out by the end of the year. Not sure how that's possible but I'll take it.

I sure hope so. As I mentioned yesterday Bill Gates was pumping a lot of cash into various pharma companies and coming up with ways to accelerate it. Who knows if it will work but I"m glad Pfizer is pushing forward on this as well. Every finger is crossed!

More than that. He's building six manufacturing plants to start pumping out the six candidate vaccines that show the most promise before they are clinically trialed and approved by the FDA. That's quite a commitment.

Of course, since he created Covid-19, it's the least he could do.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-09, 18:08

Rocinante wrote:

A simple parallel that I heard recently is “either it will go well, or it will pass.” It doesn’t minimize the seriousness of the present but keeps the fact that there is something positive on the other side.

To put a Tim Staudt twist on it, it is going to be good, but it might also be bad.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-09, 18:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

To put a Tim Staudt twist on it, it is going to be good, but it might also be bad.

Sounds like we could either be 12-1 or 6-7. Would t surprise me if we were either one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-09, 18:15

steveschneider wrote:

I’m taking Steve’s comments more seriously now that he has his check mark.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-09, 18:16

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Phone nearly exploded from that

Stop buying Ford phones.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-09, 18:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

More than that. He's building six manufacturing plants to start pumping out the six candidate vaccines that show the most promise before they are clinically trialed and approved by the FDA. That's quite a commitment.

Of course, since he created Covid-19, it's the least he could do.

Good stuff, much more detailed summary than I gave. Here's the full interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qz9-bxljA

Also, I hope we come up with something fast before this starts spreading in Africa. The picture he painted of when it reaches there was pretty grim.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-09, 18:58

Gates has been on curing illnesses and the potential for a global pandemic for a long time.

He also reads at a speed 10x the average Swiller and reads an absurd amount of books.

Good documentary on him.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80184771?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-04-09, 19:15

DC politicians on both sides are angling this situation.

Senate brawl derails fast push for new coronavirus relief

They get golden parachutes after leaving "service". How about demanding every one of them give up a years pay so they get a clue what many Americans may be facing? Might give them the kick in the ass they deserve.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-04-09, 19:18

The Pantry wrote:DC politicians on both sides are angling this situation.

Senate brawl derails fast push for new coronavirus relief

They get golden parachutes after leaving "service". How about demanding every one of them give up a years pay so they get a clue what many Americans may be facing? Might give them the kick in the ass they deserve.

I like that idea. I also like the idea of taking away their health coverage until every American citizen has health coverage, and other things along those lines. Why should American citizens foot the bill for our elected officials (most of whom are wealthy) to have things that many of their constituents are going without?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-09, 19:19

Nordic wrote:Gates has been on curing illnesses and the potential for a global pandemic for a long time.

He also reads at a speed 10x the average Swiller and reads an absurd amount of books.

Good documentary on him.

I don't want to make this political, but at this point I think everyone is cool just discussing this. Robert Kennedy Jr. is sounding alarms on hiim. He's saying he has a messiah complex and has tried to corner the pharma market. Says he took over India's polio program and forced drugs upon many Indian's which saw almost 400K of them have walking problems.

Look, I think he's pretty altruistic. I think he's honest and is a man who wants to spend his fortune for the greater good. However, I do think we have to guard against what could become a type of messiah complex.

I hope this shit works. I'm a low level know nothing idiot. We need a Manhattan project type thing to kick in here. He's as good as anyone to do it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-04-09, 19:22

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:Gates has been on curing illnesses and the potential for a global pandemic for a long time.

Good documentary on him.

I don't want to make this political, but at this point I think everyone is cool just discussing this. Robert Kennedy Jr. is sounding alarms on hiim. He's saying he has a messiah complex and has tried to corner the pharma market. Says he took over India's polio program and forced drugs upon many Indian's which saw almost 400K of them have walking problems.

Look, I think he's pretty altruistic. I think he's honest and is a man who wants to spend his fortune for the greater good. However, I do think we have to guard against what could become a type of messiah complex.

I hope this shit works. I'm a low level know nothing idiot. We need a Manhattan project type thing to kick in here. He's as good as anyone to do it.

I'm fully with you there. I have long been skeptical of Bill Gates and virtually every other millionaire/billionaire who has signed on to the giving pledge. Seems like a PR stunt to me, not like it's hard to give away money. Don't pledge it, just do it, unless you're more interested in the good PR.

But, then again, Bill Gates has probably already given more money to charity than I will make in my entire life, so the leg I'm standing on is pretty wobbly.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-09, 19:44

The whackjob known as RFK, Jr., is also an anti-vaxxer. #TeamGates
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-09, 19:58

tGreenWay wrote:The whackjob known as RFK, Jr., is also an anti-vaxxer. #TeamGates

Yeah I’m not in a side. I just want to present both side.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-09, 19:58

DWags wrote:

Good documentary on him.

Kind of funny you mention this because back in the 00’s I always thought he was a huge asshole and he drove me to Apple computers. His work on health, the stuff he’s done for Africa and the fact he’s just giving cash to find a cure is fine with me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-09, 20:37

DWags wrote:

Good documentary on him.

I don't want to make this political, but at this point I think everyone is cool just discussing this.  Robert Kennedy Jr. is sounding alarms on hiim.  He's saying he has a messiah complex and has tried to corner the pharma market. Says he took over India's polio program and forced drugs upon many Indian's which saw almost 400K of them have walking problems.  

Look, I think he's pretty altruistic.  I think he's honest and is a man who wants to spend his fortune for the greater good.  However, I do think we have to guard against what could become a type of messiah complex.  

I hope this shit works.  I'm a low level know nothing idiot.   We need a Manhattan project type thing to kick in here.  He's as good as anyone to do it.

Totally agree. There is good and bad with everyone. He's part whack job. Most brilliant people are. But I know damn well I ain't solving this problem.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-09, 21:05

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

Kind of funny you mention this because back in the 00’s I always thought he was a huge asshole and he drove me to Apple computers. His work on health, the stuff he’s done for Africa and the fact he’s just giving cash to find a cure is fine with me.

This will be a big relief to Bill & Melinda.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-09, 21:33

[ig]B-x61AxJc7W[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-09, 21:50

I'm all for tar and feathering those profiting off this pandemic. Is that not what we're discussing?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-09, 21:56

InTenSity wrote:I'm all for tar and feathering those profiting off this pandemic. Is that not what we're discussing?

Nope
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-09, 22:56

Need Dendro update.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-09, 22:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Need Dendro update.

This.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-09, 23:25

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I'm all for tar and feathering those profiting off this pandemic. Is that not what we're discussing?

Nope
Oh. Well in that case I just had a discussion with the wife about her quarantine. How the Fuck would I keep the kids from seeing her? She goes back to work tomorrow night. I hope south Florida doesn't become the next NYC.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-09, 23:41

InTenSity wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Nope
Oh. Well in that case I just had a discussion with the wife about her quarantine. How the Fuck would I keep the kids from seeing her? She goes back to work tomorrow night. I hope south Florida doesn't become the next NYC.

Damn. That sucks. My wife going to work up until Michigan shut down was stressing me out. I'm glad Michigan extended till May 1st so it is an option for her to go back next week. Many over here are not.

Last edited by Nordic on 2020-04-09, 23:46; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-09, 23:45

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Damn. That sucks. My wife going to work up until Michigan shut down was stressing me out. I'm glad Michigan extended till May 1st so it is an option for her to go back next week. Many over here are not.
My wife is a nurse. She had to work check-in for covid on Monday. She's not supposed to be in that ward tomorrow, but she doesn't know.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next