Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+32
y2kMgrad
tGreenWay
gomersbro
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
aualum06
Dendrobates
Tim Wakefield
duffy munn
The Pantry
pulling69
Jake from State Farm
msugolfguy
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
MSU addict
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
36 posters

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:09 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Wouldn't we slowly pull the bandaid? I'd imagine concerts, sporting events, etc are the last to come back

I'd bring back sports without fans first and have everything else trickle back opposite of how it closed down

Agreed
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:09 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I support banning tailgating.

Hi Hollis.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Update

He had a bad episode of low BP. Fever is back up to 103. They’ve removed other medications, and removed the sedation, while keeping him comfortable. He follows commands when he feels like it (like squeezing hands, but refuses to give a thumbs up) . Ferritin levels are still crazy high. Which is what is really killing these patients. It’s preventing oxygen getting to the RBCs, and causing organ failure. No change in chest X-ray.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:11 pm

MSU addict wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Testing. Need more rapid testing. And serological testing.
But that would make our numbers go up, which can't happen before 11/3.

FWIW, there is a growing concern about possible reinfection. It kind of shatters what we know about how viruses work, but apparently South Korea has had numerous people test positive after recovery (and testing clear). None had symptoms though.

My opinion, football season happens if there is a vaccine by late summer.

True about numbers, but if they're really looking at it through that lens, they're going to have to pick their poison. The economy is going to get way worse if we don't have testing in place to allow some people to 'sort of' get back to normal. And nothing can happen until testing is in place, responsibly speaking. If one might opine that decision makers will say screw responsibility in order to get the economy revved up, that's fair, but the flip side of that coin of course is many more deaths and higher numbers.

And yes, I've seen some of those reports about individuals being reinfected and that's not good. I'm very much hoping it's a fluke.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:12 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Update

He had a bad episode of low BP. Fever is back up to 103. They’ve removed other medications, and removed the sedation, while keeping him comfortable. He follows commands when he feels like it (like squeezing hands, but refuses to give a thumbs up) . Ferritin levels are still crazy high. Which is what is really killing these patients. It’s preventing oxygen getting to the RBCs, and causing organ failure. No change in chest X-ray.

Thank you for the update. Hoping for the best for him, and hope you and all loved ones are hanging in there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Jesus. I’m sorry your family (especially your bro) is going through this. How scary.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:20 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
MSU addict wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Testing. Need more rapid testing. And serological testing.
But that would make our numbers go up, which can't happen before 11/3.

FWIW, there is a growing concern about possible reinfection. It kind of shatters what we know about how viruses work, but apparently South Korea has had numerous people test positive after recovery (and testing clear). None had symptoms though.

True about numbers, but if they're really looking at it through that lens, they're going to have to pick their poison. The economy is going to get way worse if we don't have testing in place to allow some people to 'sort of' get back to normal. And nothing can happen until testing is in place, responsibly speaking. If one might opine that decision makers will say screw responsibility in order to get the economy revved up, that's fair, but the flip side of that coin of course is many more deaths and higher numbers.

And yes, I've seen some of those reports about individuals being reinfected and that's not good. I'm very much hoping it's a fluke.

The global economy can't stay shut down indefinitely. At some point, there will have to be a risk/reward trade off.

And going through all of this again in the fall if there's a second outbreak? I don't see it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:21 pm

Sorry to hear that. I know words like stay strong ring hollow about now, and I wish I had more than that to offer.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:22 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

The global economy can't stay shut down indefinitely. At some point, there will have to be a risk/reward trade off.

And going through all of this again in the fall if there's a second outbreak? I don't see it.

What don’t you see? The virus surging in the fall and winter? Why not?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:26 pm

thanks, Dendro - hugs and thoughts to all of y'all - esp. your brother.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:27 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

depending on how "getting back to normal" is rolled out, absent a vaccine (which isn't coming anytime soon), we're going to see a huge resurgence late summer or early fall.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
MSU addict wrote:But that would make our numbers go up, which can't happen before 11/3.

FWIW, there is a growing concern about possible reinfection.  It kind of shatters what we know about how viruses work, but apparently South Korea has had numerous people test positive after recovery (and testing clear).  None had symptoms though.  

Trust, me I am not arguing the need for testing. I agree completely.  I am just sharing my frustration that testing has become political.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I believe he's saying when it resurges, we're not going to shut down again.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't see shutting down the economy again.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:38 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I support banning tailgating.

Hi Hollis.

We are creating a texting zone for you at basketball games. You can only wear costumes in the texting zone. Also, no standing allowed at football games for more than 90 seconds at a time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:41 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I don't see shutting down the economy again.

Ah I agree. When things are open again, and we have a resurgence, I think you’re right. They won’t close shit down again.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:56 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

Wouldn't we slowly pull the bandaid? I'd imagine concerts, sporting events, etc are the last to come back

If we got the "all clear" tomorrow I think most events that involve large public gatherings will see very limited demand for some time. Football in the fall might be ok, but I don't think too many peeps will be rushing out to attend MLB/concerts/etc. for the duration of the summer at least. Flying? Not unless it's absolutely necessary.

Let's assume football is a go. Imagine the new protocols needed. Hand sanitizer (assuming it's available) everywhere at stadiums? Everyone's temperature taken on entry? Ban tailgating completely? The old man sitting next to you who has smoked his entire life (unbeknownst to those around him) starts coughing uncontrollably. Does everyone in the immediate vicinity think corona virus & panic? Maybe only 10% panic? Stampede for exit?

Selling 1/3rd capacity to stadiums. Enforcing distance in the stands. Fuck who knows. I do't think we have a football season. Not until a vaccine comes out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Ugh. Thanks. Will continue to have good thoughts for him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Best wishes to you and your family, Dendro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:50 pm

Counting on your brother’s refusal to give the thumb’s up as a sign of stubbornness, Dendro. He can use that stubbornness to overcome this virus.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:42 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Counting on your brother’s refusal to give the thumb’s up as a sign of stubbornness, Dendro. He can use that stubbornness to overcome this virus.

That I know. I’m really surprised he didn’t give the nurse the finger. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 15 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:44 pm

Do they have kids Dendro? What hospital is he at?

On a lighter note, some people really suck at this work from home thing. Why does my wife think she needs to shout for other people to hear her when she's on a Zoom?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Dendro

Your brother looks to be a tough guy who is proving the adage nurses are not ideal patients.  

Hopefully he turns the corner to recovery soon.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Counting on your brother’s refusal to give the thumb’s up as a sign of stubbornness, Dendro. He can use that stubbornness to overcome this virus.

That I know. I’m really surprised he didn’t give the nurse the finger. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 15 502811600

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 15 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:11 pm

He’s at Bronson hospital.

Most healthcare workers are terrible patients

They don’t have any kids yet.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:46 pm

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

If we got the "all clear" tomorrow I think most events that involve large public gatherings will see very limited demand for some time. Football in the fall might be ok, but I don't think too many peeps will be rushing out to attend MLB/concerts/etc. for the duration of the summer at least. Flying? Not unless it's absolutely necessary.

Let's assume football is a go. Imagine the new protocols needed. Hand sanitizer (assuming it's available) everywhere at stadiums? Everyone's temperature taken on entry? Ban tailgating completely? The old man sitting next to you who has smoked his entire life (unbeknownst to those around him) starts coughing uncontrollably. Does everyone in the immediate vicinity think corona virus & panic? Maybe only 10% panic? Stampede for exit?

Selling 1/3rd capacity to stadiums. Enforcing distance in the stands. Fuck who knows. I do't think we have a football season. Not until a vaccine comes out.
agree with this. I don't see any way football season happens without significant changes: rigid enforcement of no tailgating, seats 6 feet apart, etc - and that's just ridiculous to even type out.

(and when I think something is ridiculous, well...).

I don't see it happening.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

agree with this. I don't see any way football season happens without significant changes: rigid enforcement of no tailgating, seats 6 feet apart, etc - and that's just ridiculous to even type out.

Again, I support this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:15 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Possible, do you think we can go through a second wave of this without the hospitals collapsing? As long as the hospitals don't collapse I think they avoid the shut down. Hoping the new norm for most companies is that people work from home more often and this helps reduce the spread.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Mike Gundy is gonna be pissed if his players aren’t back by May 1.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Possible, do you think we can go through a second wave of this without the hospitals collapsing? As long as the hospitals don't collapse I think they avoid the shut down. Hoping the new norm for most companies is that people work from home more often and this helps reduce the spread.

Great question that I don't have an answer for. But are we just gonna swipe another $2+ trillion on the credit card every time this thing flares up? Cancel Thanksgiving and/or Xmas? I just don't see it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:00 pm

I am starting to believe pretty strongly that they are going to rush/force a vaccine through clinical trials. They will do that before they let us lock down for wave 2 or accept a half million deaths due to keeping the economy open.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:28 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am starting to believe pretty strongly that they are going to rush/force a vaccine through clinical trials. They will do that before they let us lock down for wave 2 or accept a half million deaths due to keeping the economy open.

I saw Bill Gates on News Hour he’s spending a ton of money to push one through. He’s backing several pharma companies to help in their r&d. We are lucky to have him devoting his wealth towards this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:00 pm

Dendrobates wrote:

Sounds like he's fighting though. That's good news.

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Do they have kids Dendro? What hospital is he at?

On a lighter note, some people really suck at this work from home thing. Why does my wife think she needs to shout for other people to hear her when she's on a Zoom?

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 15 502811600 My wife does this. I asked her where her mute button was.

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Selling 1/3rd capacity to stadiums.  Enforcing distance in the stands.  Fuck who knows.   I do't think we have a football season.  Not until a vaccine comes out.

Neither do I. pale
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:16 pm

I must of missed the info your brother Dendro. How old is he? Stay strong.

Not surprised Gates is leading the charge.

100% spot on WBH, my wife does the same. It's pretty funny. She also uses the video function. I wouldn't be caught dead on camera in my hat and sweats over the years.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:21 pm

Word from a supposedly realible poster on tCock is Whitmer's order tomorrow is going shut down the sale of all non-essential goods, in other words everything but food and meds. No word on booze.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:25 pm

Hopefully thong underwear will still be available.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/michigan-man-assaulted-victim-who-mocked-him-for-wearing-thong-underwear-mask
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:59 pm

Booze stores will be open. They sell groceries. Also many grocery stores like Kroger, Meijer, etc sell booze. Don't be a panic hoarder!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:18 am

Guys, I don't have a good feeling. No update, just don't have a good feeling.

I hope I'm wrong.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:24 am

Please stay strong and encourage your future sister in law to do the same. He is young and stands a better shot than most for coming back from where he is. Praying.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:36 am

Dendrobates wrote:Guys, I don't have a good feeling. No update, just don't have a good feeling.

I hope I'm wrong.

He's going to make it Dendro.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next