Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+22
StylesGShmooth
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
DWags
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
msugolfguy
Three_Putt_Par
MattyFresh
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
steveschneider
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
26 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 24 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-05, 10:17

It's amazing that just being a mature honest adult is a winning campaign strategy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 24 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-05, 10:40

kingstonlake wrote:Trumps campaign wanting more debates might be window into his internal polling. Maybe I’m wrong but his people have to know that Trump in front of a camera is a losing proposition in the demographics he needs to improve on. Sounds like a Hail Mary in an attempt to have Biden say something stupid.

Link?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-05, 10:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Trumps campaign wanting more debates might be window into his internal polling. Maybe I’m wrong but his people have to know that Trump in front of a camera is a losing proposition in the demographics he needs to improve on. Sounds like a Hail Mary in an attempt to have Biden say something stupid.

Link?

Just want to add to Kingston's note, Trump hasn't seemed too 'mentally fit' these days. The whole 'Yo, Semite's' gaffe was as bad as it gets. Not so sure he's going to do so well on stage in the debates.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-05, 12:10

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Link?

Just want to add to Kingston's note, Trump hasn't seemed too 'mentally fit' these days. The whole 'Yo, Semite's' gaffe was as bad as it gets. Not so sure he's going to do so well on stage in the debates.
if Biden had referred to Yosemite as "yo semite", the lead story on every mainstream media cesspool would've amplified the need for hm to be institutionalized.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-05, 12:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Link?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/trump-campaign-stepien-biden-debates.amp
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-05, 13:06

Look at the headline and then read the actual full quote.

Some garbage reporting.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/05/joe-biden-reporter-cognitive-test-391771
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-05, 15:23

Biden announces that he won't travel to Milwaukee to accept Democratic nomination. He'll do it remotely.

cue the GOP and mainstream media discussing his mental acuity and whether or not he needs to be admitted to a mental hospital.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-05, 20:25

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1291111736167211008?s=21

Very cool.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 08:43

50% of white Americans would vote for Trump if the election was held today.

https://twitter.com/newsweek/status/1291209423210393601?s=21 Rolling Eyes
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-06, 09:32

steveschneider wrote:50% of white Americans would vote for Trump if the election was held today.

He’s not losing. Florida will stay red. The GOP will spoil enough ballots ensuring that. Same for Arizona, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 09:37

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:50% of white Americans would vote for Trump if the election was held today.

He’s not losing. Florida will stay red. The GOP will spoil enough ballots ensuring that. Same for Arizona, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

Yeah, this election will go right into legal battles right away. It's going to make 2000 Florida look like a walk in the park. It's going to be a shit show. The lag time from mail in voting is going to make it a mess and I agree with all of your takes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-06, 09:47

Based on 2016 Clinton won the popular vote by roughly 2 percentage points and 3 million votes. So 1.5 million votes translates to a percentage point? (I’m bad at math) imho, you need at five million voter increase to make it pretty hard to overturn a polling advantage of 3% for Biden. Of course it depends on where your increases are so it’s very speculative on my part.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 09:54

kingstonlake wrote:Based on 2016 Clinton won the popular vote by roughly 2 percentage points and 3 million votes. So 1.5 million votes translates to a percentage point? (I’m bad at math) imho, you need at five million voter increase to make it pretty hard to overturn a polling advantage of 3% for Biden. Of course it depends on where your increases are so it’s very speculative on my part.

We've already seen active voter suppression in Florida and I predict it goes read. The governor, reps and senators seem like complete scum bags. I don't think they let Fl go blue. The GOP in Wisconsin seems as corrupt as at gets as well. When the new Dem gov won in 2018 the Wisconsin GOP acted quickly to try to strip him of his power. We've seen this happen in North Carolina as well. I do think Biden has a very good shot at winning Wisconsin. Ultimately I think the rust belt plays a key part in delivering Biden the victory.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 11:56

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Based on 2016 Clinton won the popular vote by roughly 2 percentage points and 3 million votes. So 1.5 million votes translates to a percentage point? (I’m bad at math) imho, you need at five million voter increase to make it pretty hard to overturn a polling advantage of 3% for Biden. Of course it depends on where your increases are so it’s very speculative on my part.

We've already seen active voter suppression in Florida and I predict it goes read. The governor, reps and senators seem like complete scum bags. I don't think they let Fl go blue. The GOP in Wisconsin seems as corrupt as at gets as well. When the new Dem gov won in 2018 the Wisconsin GOP acted quickly to try to strip him of his power. We've seen this happen in North Carolina as well. I do think Biden has a very good shot at winning Wisconsin. Ultimately I think the rust belt plays a key part in delivering Biden the victory.

You guys sound as bad as Trump and the Republicans. Both are speculating on conspiracies that the other side will use to steal the election, both are convinced that what they're saying will really happen.

I'll say it now. Biden wins easily. He wins Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. Whatever method of disenfranchisement you or Trump want to think will go on in, it ain't going to be enough that it matters.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 12:01

Interesting ad that I just saw. It was tying Trump and Hillary together, saying that if Trump changes what he wants to on healthcare, he will be finishing what Hillary started in the 90s.

I'm not sure enough about the claims and didn't see the whole ad closely, but Inthought it was interesting. I forget tha name of the PAC, but while clearly conservative and anti-Trump, it wasn't any of the anti-Trump Republican groups that have gotten more attention.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 12:13

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You guys sound as bad as Trump and the Republicans. Both are speculating on conspiracies that the other side will use to steal the election, both are convinced that what they're saying will really happen.

I'll say it now. Biden wins easily. He wins Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. Whatever method of disenfranchisement you or Trump want to think will go on in, it ain't going to be enough that it matters.

Heh, we shall see though the examples I cited are factual and aren't conspiracies. I hope you are right. I did just drive through New Hampshire and i buy into the recent poll that 50% of white people will vote for Trump. That's a pretty white state and I saw a lot of Trump supporters.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 12:26

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Heh, we shall see though the examples I cited are factual and aren't conspiracies. I hope you are right. I did just drive through New Hampshire and i buy into the recent poll that 50% of white people will vote for Trump. That's a pretty white state and I saw a lot of Trump supporters.

Many of the examples Trump cites are factual, too. But you also said non-factual speculation that is right out of Trump's playbook, with things like "the governor in this state or that state isn't going to let him lose".
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 12:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Many of the examples Trump cites are factual, too. But you also said non-factual speculation that is right out of Trump's playbook, with things like "the governor in this state or that state isn't going to let him lose".

Like his voter fraud shit, how he won the popular vote in 2016 when he lost by millions of votes, all the illegals that voted in 2016 and his claims that mail in voting leads to mass fraud? I don't see this as a both sides of the aisle issue.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-06, 12:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You think the GOP suppressing, gerrymandering, or disenfranchising voters is a conspiracy?

I don’t know man. I saw where Judicial watch is suing 18 counties across the US to purge “inactive” voter rolls. We tend to assume they’ll try to suppress the minority vote. I’m almost positive they were all suburban counties that voted for Hillary. Doubt it will bear fruit, but they’re trying my friend.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 12:47

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-campaign-2020-voter-suppression-consent-decree-1028988/

The Plot Against America: The GOP’s Plan to Suppress the Vote and Sabotage the Election

Blocking ballots, intimidating voters, spreading misinformation — undermining democracy is at the heart of Trump’s 2020 campaign
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 12:48

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/opinion/voter-fraud-republicans.html

Opinion
Take It From Me, Voter Fraud Is Part of the G.O.P. Playbook

Republicans look the other way when electoral cheating helps them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 12:48

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-long-term-vote-heist-matters-more-than-trumps-tantrums/2020/07/27/c7ae4352-d028-11ea-8c55-61e7fa5e82ab_story.html

Republicans’ long-term vote heist matters more than Trump’s tantrums
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 13:44

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Like his voter fraud shit, how he won the popular vote in 2016 when he lost by millions of votes, all the illegals that voted in 2016 and his claims that mail in voting leads to mass fraud? I don't see this as a both sides of the aisle issue.

No like when he talks about how NY results were delayed, how it is has caused big delays in a couple of other areas, how there have been issues with vote harvesting in NC, Miami, etc. in the past. Keep in mind, I'm not taking Trump's side that these are some major issues that are going to falsely cause the vote to go against him. I'm just saying that he has factual claims of issues, just as you do. Voting is, sadly, an imperfect system. Neither his nor yours will be significant enough to alter the outcome, IMO.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 13:48

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

You think the GOP suppressing, gerrymandering, or disenfranchising voters is a conspiracy?

I don’t know man. I saw where Judicial watch is suing 18 counties across the US to purge “inactive” voter rolls. We tend to assume they’ll try to suppress the minority vote. I’m almost positive they were all suburban counties that voted for Hillary. Doubt it will bear fruit, but they’re trying my friend.

Gerrymandering doesn't impact a presidential election, unless they're redrawing some state lines that I hadn't heard about. Beyond that, just because I call it a conspiracy doesn't mean it is false. Just like how vote harvesting and big delays with handling of mail in ballots have actually happened. The conspiracy is in thinking that the other side is going to illegally steal the election.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 13:52

steveschneider wrote:https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-campaign-2020-voter-suppression-consent-decree-1028988/

The Plot Against America: The GOP’s Plan to Suppress the Vote and Sabotage the Election

Blocking ballots, intimidating voters, spreading misinformation — undermining democracy is at the heart of Trump’s 2020 campaign

You want to bet that you can easily find articles that claim all kinds of Democrat conspiracies with mail in voting?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-06, 14:18

For Miami:

Gerrymandering doesn't impact a presidential election, unless they're redrawing some state lines that I hadn't heard about.

I hear this a lot and I have an issue with it. While it’s true that Gerrymandering doesn’t directly affect the presidential numbers in a state, the partisan parsing of the population (whoah there alliteration) undoubtedly has an effect on how resources for voting are distributed. Which can have a huge impact on a presidential election. See Milwaukee this year.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 14:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-campaign-2020-voter-suppression-consent-decree-1028988/

You want to bet that you can easily find articles that claim all kinds of Democrat conspiracies with mail in voting?

From Fox, Breitbart and Daily Caller sure. I'm sure there's a few up on the Federalist as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-06, 14:43

our christian hero just said that Biden would "hurt the bible, hurt God, he's against God"....The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 24 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 14:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:our christian hero just said that Biden would "hurt the bible, hurt God, he's against God"....The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 24 502811600

I find it hilarious that Christians look up to a guy that fucked a porn star with no condom and paid her hush money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-06, 15:14

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:our christian hero just said that Biden would "hurt the bible, hurt God, he's against God"....The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 24 502811600

I find it hilarious that Christians look up to a guy that fucked a porn star with no condom and paid her hush money.
true story: a friend of mine is a huge fan of the christian hero and a very solemn participant in the christian faith. He asked me one time "tell me one thing you like about him" (kinda like saying, 'okay, he's done a least one thing you probably like. What is that one thing'?"..

I told him that the thing I like most about his christian hero is that he exposed people like him - fine, upstanding, patriotic christians - for the hypocritical fraud that they are and that I've always known them to be. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 24 502811600

it was awesome. I didn't hear from him for 3-4 weeks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-06, 15:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Gerrymandering doesn't impact a presidential election, unless they're redrawing some state lines that I hadn't heard about. Beyond that, just because I call it a conspiracy doesn't mean it is false. Just like how vote harvesting and big delays with handling of mail in ballots have actually happened. The conspiracy is in thinking that the other side is going to illegally steal the election.

I mentioned gerrymandering to help highlight a systematic effort overall. There seems to more than few examples that lend credibility that it’s not just some wild conspiracy. I think it’s a coordinated effort.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 15:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

true story: a friend of mine is a huge fan of the christian hero and a very solemn participant in the christian faith. He asked me one time "tell me one thing you like about him" (kinda like saying, 'okay, he's done a least one thing you probably like. What is that one thing'?"..

I told him that the thing I like most about his christian hero is that he exposed people like him - fine, upstanding, patriotic christians - for the hypocritical fraud that they are and that I've always known them to be. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 24 502811600

it was awesome. I didn't hear from him for 3-4 weeks.

That's hilarious. I tried to think of how I'd answer your friend, I don't think I could list one thing I like about Trump and this is going on well before he was even president. I never cared for him or that Simon Cowell guy on American Idol.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-06, 16:06

I liked that one time he wore a mask.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 16:18

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

From Fox, Breitbart and Daily Caller sure. I'm sure there's a few up on the Federalist as well.

And what's the difference between that and what you posted, especially since 2 of the 3 were op eds (and the other was Rolling Stone)?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 16:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

And what's the difference between that and what you posted, especially since 2 of the 3 were op eds (and the other was Rolling Stone)?

Those sites are horse shit and completely dishonest.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 16:39

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I mentioned gerrymandering to help highlight a systematic effort overall. There seems to more than few examples that lend credibility that it’s not just some wild conspiracy. I think it’s a coordinated effort.

And this is why I said "both are convinced that what they're saying will really happen." I'm not saying you're wrong and none of that is going on, any more than I'm saying voting by mail is perfect and without any issues (in person voting has issues, too, of course).

For what it's worth, I more than welcome focus being put on any and all forms of voter suppression, regardless of which side is claiming it. The more the spotlight is on any of that the better. Both sides will beg, borrow, and steal to get a vote, and will push whatever boundaries they can to get their people to vote in greater numbers than the other guy's.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-06, 16:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

And this is why I said "both are convinced that what they're saying will really happen." I'm not saying you're wrong and none of that is going on, any more than I'm saying voting by mail is perfect and without any issues (in person voting has issues, too, of course).

For what it's worth, I more than welcome focus being put on any and all forms of voter suppression, regardless of which side is claiming it. The more the spotlight is on any of that the better. Both sides will beg, borrow, and steal to get a vote, and will push whatever boundaries they can to get their people to vote in greater numbers than the other guy's.

For the most part I agree. I’d say though that one side is more heavily invested in getting more eligible people to vote vs making it harder for more eligible people to vote.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-06, 16:46

Biden’s “diversity” gaffe being milked for all its worth by news outlets left and right. Motherfucking Trump suggests postponing the election, outright lying in interview and refusing to answer questions, and this is what gets the headlines. Fuck America. You get what you deserve.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 16:48

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Those sites are horse shit and completely dishonest.

That doesn't make op eds any less biased.

Besides, it isn't like the NYT and WaPo haven't done actual NEWS articles on the problems with mail in voting.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 16:49

Rocinante wrote: Biden’s “diversity” gaffe being milked for all its worth by news outlets left and right. Motherfucking Trump suggests postponing the election, outright lying in interview and refusing to answer questions, and this is what gets the headlines. Fuck America. You get what you deserve.

Yeah, cause Trump saying we should delay the election didn't make the headlines constantly for 2-3 days.

Seriously, guys, the world isn't out to get you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next