Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+22
StylesGShmooth
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
DWags
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
msugolfguy
Three_Putt_Par
MattyFresh
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
steveschneider
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
26 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 16:51

I like that one time he walked up those stairs with toilet paper on his shoes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 16:54

Rocinante wrote:For Miami:

Gerrymandering doesn't impact a presidential election, unless they're redrawing some state lines that I hadn't heard about.

I hear this a lot and I have an issue with it. While it’s true that Gerrymandering doesn’t directly affect the presidential numbers in a state, the partisan parsing of the population (whoah there alliteration) undoubtedly has an effect on how resources for voting are distributed. Which can have a huge impact on a presidential election. See Milwaukee this year.

This is why I say you guys sound like the Trump folks when it comes to mail in voting. Your talking about an intangible knock on effect, speculating about what could POTENTIALLY happen based on some smaller incidents here and there, and extrapolating that into an illegal scheme to steal an election.

It is why the spotlight should be on everything that BOTH sides are saying and doing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 17:07

Did you read the NYT Opinoin I posted? Yes, it is an op-ed but it's an informed opinion based on fact. I just re-read it and can't find any errors in there and it supports the argument voter fraud is a part of the GOP playbook.

It's the main play in the republican play book, accuse one side of the act you are doing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-06, 17:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:For Miami:

Gerrymandering doesn't impact a presidential election, unless they're redrawing some state lines that I hadn't heard about.

I hear this a lot and I have an issue with it. While it’s true that Gerrymandering doesn’t directly affect the presidential numbers in a state, the partisan parsing of the population (whoah there alliteration) undoubtedly has an effect on how resources for voting are distributed. Which can have a huge impact on a presidential election. See Milwaukee this year.

This is why I say you guys sound like the Trump folks when it comes to mail in voting. Your talking about an intangible knock on effect, speculating about what could POTENTIALLY happen based on some smaller incidents here and there, and extrapolating that into an illegal scheme to steal an election.

It is why the spotlight should be on everything that BOTH sides are saying and doing.

I don’t see it as small isolated incidents. I see it as systematic.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-06, 17:30

Rocinante wrote: Biden’s “diversity” gaffe being milked for all its worth by news outlets left and right. Motherfucking Trump suggests postponing the election, outright lying in interview and refusing to answer questions, and this is what gets the headlines. Fuck America. You get what you deserve.

Had this discussion with my wife the other day. It doesn’t matter what he says anymore. We’re numb. But the slightest gaffe by Biden will be the end of the world.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 18:33

Rocinante wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Right, you think that because you're extrapolating isolated incidents into being a widespread thing, based on your biases. Same as Trump's people are doing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-06, 18:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Right, you think that because you're extrapolating isolated incidents into being a widespread thing, based on your biases. Same as Trump's people are doing.

Systematic or Isolated?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-06, 19:54

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-06, 20:15

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Systematic or Isolated?

Ok? Thanks for clearing things up for me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-06, 21:25

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Systematic or Isolated?

First of all, I was responding to Roc saying that gerrymandering affects the presidential election because it leads to fewer voting resources. I don't see that discussed in the article.

But in terms of the article, I don't see how a lawsuit that has not been heard, let alone decided upon, is systematic? It isn't part of the system.

Again, there are cases of suppression, and cases of vote by mail problems. Let's fix all of them. But in the meantime, neither is going to swing the election IMO, and Republican governors can't just decide to "not let Trump lose" as steve said, which started all this.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-06, 22:31

Biden needs to just sit and be quiet till 11/3/20.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-08, 07:15

Systematic or isolated?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/07/postal-service-investigation-dejoy/%3foutputType=amp

Twenty-three postal executives were reassigned or displaced, the new organizational chart shows. Analysts say the structure centralizes power around DeJoy, a former logistics executive and major ally of President Trump, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-08, 07:21

https://www.google.com/amp/s/prospect.org/api/amp/coronavirus/unsanitized-federal-benefit-extension-anger-unemployment-evictions/

The Postal Service has informed states that they’ll need to pay first-class 55-cent postage to mail ballots to voters, rather than the normal 20-cent bulk rate. That nearly triples the per-ballot cost at a time when tens of millions more will be delivered
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-08, 12:20

I read some speculation on Twitter this morning about some events being canceled by Big Gretch's staff that speculated it might be because she is going to get the Veep. She's jumped ahead of everyone but Kamala and Rice in the odds race.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-08, 13:55

kingstonlake wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/prospect.org/api/amp/coronavirus/unsanitized-federal-benefit-extension-anger-unemployment-evictions/

The Postal Service has informed states that they’ll need to pay first-class 55-cent postage to mail ballots to voters, rather than the normal 20-cent bulk rate. That nearly triples the per-ballot cost at a time when tens of millions more will be delivered

I wonder if that has anything to do with the lackey that Trump hired to run the place, nah couldn't be.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-08, 14:15

There’s a NYT article on Pelosi illustrating her continuing to negotiate from a position of power against the republicans. I waffle on her because I think I’m not crazy about her delivery sometimes. But fuck if she isn’t the baddest mofo in the room most of the time.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1291379441734758400?s=20
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-08, 15:47

Rocinante wrote:There’s a NYT article on Pelosi illustrating her continuing to negotiate from a position of power against the republicans.  I waffle on her because I think I’m not crazy about her delivery sometimes.  But fuck if she isn’t the baddest mofo in the room most of the time.  

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1291379441734758400?s=20

Exactly right. I scoff at the far lefties that want her ouster because she has too much money. She flat out gets shit done and is a bad ass.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-08, 15:50

Also,

https://twitter.com/loghenk/status/1292179055761121280?s=21

Looking damn good and quick witted. I’m sure this isn’t the guy joe Rogan envisioned when he was hallucinating in the sauna the other day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-08, 16:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I read some speculation on Twitter this morning about some events being canceled by Big Gretch's staff that speculated it might be because she is going to get the Veep. She's jumped ahead of everyone but Kamala and Rice in the odds race.

Perhaps a smokescreen? But you never know. He has said that how he clicks with the candidates will be important, so that's an intangible that no one can predict.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-08, 16:52

If his team determines that the electorate value above all else the “presidential-ness” of his VP, she’s definitely on the short short list. She’s got that “motherly” vibe. Stable, calm demeanor, and doesn’t come across as entitled (the anti Hillary).
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-08, 17:12

I just hope that whichever woman he chooses is "likeable", 'cause that matters a lot to misogynists and the mainstream.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-08, 20:40

kingstonlake wrote:If his team determines that the electorate value above all else the “presidential-ness” of his VP, she’s definitely on the short short list. She’s got that “motherly” vibe. Stable, calm demeanor, and doesn’t come across as entitled (the anti Hillary).

I don't know man. I like Big Gretch but her Dad was like CEO of BCBS for 20+ years.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-08, 21:24

kingstonlake wrote:If his team determines that the electorate value above all else the “presidential-ness” of his VP, she’s definitely on the short short list. She’s got that “motherly” vibe. Stable, calm demeanor, and doesn’t come across as entitled (the anti Hillary).

I was kind of thinking the opposite. I think the right will hate her so much they’ll make her the new Hillary. But I’d certainly be ok with the pick.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-08, 21:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't know man. I like Big Gretch but her Dad was like CEO of BCBS for 20+ years.

My dad ran numbers in the shop, lol. I turned out ok. I think.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-08, 21:29

Rocinante wrote:

I was kind of thinking the opposite. I think the right will hate her so much they’ll make her the new Hillary. But I’d certainly be ok with the pick.

Oh I know they will. I was just thinking she doesn’t really scare anyone who isn’t hard core psycho right. They’re always scared. Of everything.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-08-09, 09:00

Things move fast.

Trump appointed Postmaster General announced a major reorganization on Friday August 7, 2020.
New organization chart making the Postmaster General key in decisions and reassigning over 20 experienced executive level personnel.  

https://billmoyers.com/story/friday-night-massacre-at-us-postal-service-as-postmaster-general-a-major-trump-donor-ousts-top-officials/

On Saturday, August 8, 2020, Trump signed 4 executive orders including a reduced unemployment benefit ($400 Per week vs $600) and more importantly, a cut of payroll taxes including a cut Social Security and Medicare withholding taxes. He the promised to make Social Security and Medicare cuts permanent if he wins in November.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-pledged-to-permanently-scrap-the-payroll-taxes-used-to-fund-social-security-and-medicare-if-he-wins-re-election/ar-BB17JRjG

Welcome to the 21st Century Gilded Age if Trump wins in November.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-09, 09:49

Rocinante wrote:

But, as much as Bob and some others disagree, Hillary's baggage was not just some spin creation by the Trump campaign. And it is a big difference running for VP as opposed to leading the ticket.

I don't know much about Whitmer, but if anyone can be objective for a moment, does she have any baggage, legitimate or not, that came out in her previous election(s) or policies? I feel like she might be more basic and less controversial than the other candidates. I mean that in a good way, kind of the nice, normal vibe that she has. But that's from an outside Michigan perspective.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-09, 10:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

But, as much as Bob and some others disagree, Hillary's baggage was not just some spin creation by the Trump campaign. And it is a big difference running for VP as opposed to leading the ticket.

I don't know much about Whitmer, but if anyone can be objective for a moment, does she have any baggage, legitimate or not, that came out in her previous election(s) or policies? I feel like she might be more basic and less controversial than the other candidates. I mean that in a good way, kind of the nice, normal vibe that she has. But that's from an outside Michigan perspective.
the biggest thing the right wing knuckle-draggin' misogynists can say about Big Gretch is her Nazi-like approach to saving lives in Michigan.

Oh, by the way, they're also "pro life" The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-09, 11:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

the biggest thing the right wing knuckle-draggin' misogynists can say about Big Gretch is her Nazi-like approach to saving lives in Michigan.

Oh, by the way, they're also "pro life" The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 502811600

So in terms of me asking if anyone can be objective for a moment, I'll mark Bob down as a hard No. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 502811600

(which doesn't mean you're wrong).

But if Whitmer took a Nazi-like approach, wouldn't that endear her to the Trump supporters? 🤷

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-09, 13:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: the biggest thing the right wing knuckle-draggin' misogynists can say about Big Gretch is her Nazi-like approach to saving lives in Michigan.

So in terms of me asking if anyone can be objective for a moment, I'll mark Bob down as a hard No. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 502811600

(which doesn't mean you're wrong).

But if Whitmer took a Nazi-like approach, wouldn't that endear her to the Trump supporters? 🤷

No, because they only believe in Nazi-like approaches if they're being handed out by their glorious leader.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-09, 13:47

GRR Spartan wrote:Things move fast.

Trump appointed Postmaster General announced a major reorganization on Friday August 7, 2020.
New organization chart making the Postmaster General key in decisions and reassigning over 20 experienced executive level personnel.  

https://billmoyers.com/story/friday-night-massacre-at-us-postal-service-as-postmaster-general-a-major-trump-donor-ousts-top-officials/

On Saturday, August 8, 2020, Trump signed 4 executive orders including a reduced unemployment benefit ($400 Per week vs $600) and more importantly, a cut of payroll taxes including a cut Social Security and Medicare withholding taxes. He the promised to make Social Security and Medicare cuts permanent if he wins in November.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-pledged-to-permanently-scrap-the-payroll-taxes-used-to-fund-social-security-and-medicare-if-he-wins-re-election/ar-BB17JRjG

Welcome to the 21st Century Gilded Age if Trump wins in November.

Hey Miami, is this isolated or systematic? I’m having a hard time knowing

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=22299
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25