Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP RBG and welcome Merrick Garland as Joe Biden’s SCOTUS nominee.

+19
DWags
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
The Pantry
y2kMgrad
Rocinante
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

RIP RBG and welcome Merrick Garland as Joe Biden’s SCOTUS nominee. - Page 5 Empty Re: RIP RBG and welcome Merrick Garland as Joe Biden’s SCOTUS nominee.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-13, 19:05

kingstonlake wrote:Ted Cruz makes me sick to my stomach. I wish nothing but ill will towards him.
even his own children hate him. I remember a video from a few years ago.

Also, that dude is, like, 47 years old. Shocked - he looks about 60.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

RIP RBG and welcome Merrick Garland as Joe Biden’s SCOTUS nominee. - Page 5 Empty Re: RIP RBG and welcome Merrick Garland as Joe Biden’s SCOTUS nominee.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-13, 19:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Ted Cruz makes me sick to my stomach. I wish nothing but ill will towards him.

I would beto that if Cruz was running against O'Rourke in 2020 that Cruz would lose.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-13, 19:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I would beto that if Cruz was running against O'Rourke in 2020 that Cruz would lose.
hard to disagree.

And Texas is only gonna become more blue.

Dough Boy will.likely find some other government job to suck the teat of when re-election comes around in 2024.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-14, 12:29

shocking coming from a fan of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator, but I'm starting to think this lady isn't a big fan of women. RIP RBG and welcome Merrick Garland as Joe Biden’s SCOTUS nominee. - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-14, 14:00

Bump everytime the MSM or GOP talks about how RBG and Scalia were friends.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-15, 00:30

I think there is something to the “sexual preference” statement. People seem to think it was just a misunderstanding of terminology, but she’s a fucking lawyer and a judge. She knew exactly what she was saying and that was a signal.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-15, 05:53

Rocinante wrote:I think there is something to the “sexual preference” statement. People seem to think it was just a misunderstanding of terminology, but she’s a fucking lawyer and a judge. She knew exactly what she was saying and that was a signal.
from what I can tell, she doesn't seem real bright and is totally unprepared/disinterested in law.. more interested in religious extremism.

(did you know she has children???)

(and BLACK children at that)

(so we can't criticize her)

('cause it might make people sad)

RIP RBG and welcome Merrick Garland as Joe Biden’s SCOTUS nominee. - Page 5 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-15, 06:54

Always funny the way Bob tilts when he gets called out on his bullshit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-15, 07:28

If anyone is truly interested in how Barrett was chosen. Watch Sheldon Whitehouses 30 minutes on the subject. She’s not a some lower court do gooder who’s unlocked the secret to being a good judge. She’s been groomed from day one.

It’s telling to hear her repeatedly say “I’m not sure where you’re going with this” to anyone with a question. Honestly it’s not her business to figure it out. Stop acting like a defense lawyer. Judges may be more sleazy than lawyers. Lifetime appointment with zero accountability and the ability to shape policy and law.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-15, 08:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:Always funny the way Bob tilts when he gets called out on his bullshit.
RIP RBG and welcome Merrick Garland as Joe Biden’s SCOTUS nominee. - Page 5 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-15, 08:23

kingstonlake wrote:If anyone is truly interested in how Barrett was chosen. Watch Sheldon Whitehouses 30 minutes on the subject. She’s not a some lower court do gooder who’s unlocked the secret to being a good judge. She’s been groomed from day one.

It’s telling to hear her repeatedly say “I’m not sure where you’re going with this” to anyone with a question. Honestly it’s not her business to figure it out. Stop acting like a defense lawyer. Judges may be more sleazy than lawyers. Lifetime appointment with zero accountability and the ability to shape policy and law.
she's not real bright.

and, also, this underscores why Biden should pack SCOTUS if he wins (which he won't) and if Dems take the Senate (which is looking less likely). But, should these two things happen, they won't pack SCOTUS because Democrats always play by the rules. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-15, 13:05

So, the Rs are currently forcing through a vote without a proper vetting, going against established rules... AND still these fuckers are going to throw a shit fit about "fairness" if the Dems increase the number of SC judges? (even though there is precedent?) AND the MSM is allowing them to make this into a "deal"?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-15, 15:31

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, the Rs are currently forcing through a vote without a proper vetting, going against established rules... AND still these fuckers are going to throw a shit fit about "fairness" if the Dems increase the number of SC judges? (even though there is precedent?) AND the MSM is allowing them to make this into a "deal"?
yep.

it's what the GOP and the mainstream media do. And Democrats allow them to do it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-15, 16:54

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, the Rs are currently forcing through a vote without a proper vetting, going against established rules... AND still these fuckers are going to throw a shit fit about "fairness" if the Dems increase the number of SC judges? (even though there is precedent?) AND the MSM is allowing them to make this into a "deal"?

Pack the courts I say. The more the merrier.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-25, 18:55

The christian lady who probably has had some abortions and wants to take healthcare away from sick people will be confirmed tomorrow by a bunch of rich white people.

bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-10, 10:48

So the ACA hearing is going well...

[tw]1326185173730398208[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-11-10, 18:17

Very informative post.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-10, 18:38

Rocinante wrote:Very informative post.

The tweet was deleted, but it was reported that Amy Coney Barrett questioned in ACA arguments: "What if my grandfather had wheels? Would that mean he's an actual bus?"

It looked like it was from a credible source, not that I can remember who at this point, but I can't immediately find any other attribution.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-10, 19:24

Odd that the people who have a problem with healthcare consider themselves "pro-life"

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-10, 19:29

He didn’t have wheels but he had some sweet kicks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-11-10, 19:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Very informative post.

The tweet was deleted, but it was reported that Amy Coney Barrett questioned in ACA arguments: "What if my grandfather had wheels? Would that mean he's an actual bus?"

It looked like it was from a credible source, not that I can remember who at this point, but I can't immediately find any other attribution.

Kinda sounds like BS
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-11, 08:01

it's been said before but the Barrett lady doesn't seem very bright.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5