Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+24
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Heat Miser
MSU addict
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Heathens '87
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
28 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-23, 20:02

Nordic wrote:Mi certifies their vote without incident.

GSA approves official transition.

A third vaccine looks like it will get approved.

Putting up the xmas lights was obv the key.

Now let's see what we can do about this football program.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-23, 20:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Don't worry about the football program. Tuck just landed an OG from out west, Calvin Broadus.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-23, 20:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Don't worry about the football program. Tuck just landed an OG from out west, Calvin Broadus.

Heard they were close on a safety, O'Shea Jackson, with super speed that will swarm the blues.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-24, 07:07

So how long until the super spreaders in the White House start infecting Bidens transition team?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-24, 08:04

[tw]1331041517251784705?s=21[/tw]

This. Hoping for some DJT free days ahead and I hope all the career racists that rode the wave of hate and negativity that he brought upon our nation live out their miserable lives broke as a joke.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-24, 09:26

steveschneider wrote:[tw]1331041517251784705?s=21[/tw]

This. Hoping for some DJT free days ahead and I hope all the career racists that rode the wave of hate and negativity that he brought upon our nation live out their miserable lives broke as a joke.

I look forward to not really caring much about the day to day political stuff, while watching most of you go overboard with whataboutism after mocking whataboutism for the last 4 years.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-24, 09:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:I love how much Trump wants every vote counted now, even those received after election day (such as military ballots) while simultaneously going to the Supreme Court to get votes thrown out if they were received after election day (such as military ballots).

I hope to focus on rock n roll, eating food, consuming beer and watching sports in the coming days. I'm not easing up though until Joe Biden is sworn in and the filth is gone.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-11-24, 09:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:[tw]1331041517251784705?s=21[/tw]

I look forward to not really caring much about the day to day political stuff, while watching most of you go overboard with whataboutism after mocking whataboutism for the last 4 years.
If Biden starts locking up children after separating them from their families, hires his own family into positions of power, uses his assets to enrich himself as president and emboldens racists, you can call me out. Not to mention everything being held up by Moscow Mitch in the Senate, while blocking anything that the house and President want to do. This was not a normal presidency.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-11-24, 10:08

Meanwhile in MI John James, DeVos handpicked GOP nominee and fortunate son who liked to talk about bootstraps won’t concede the election.

This is another sign of the schism developing in the MI GOP between the DeVos faction and those not wanting to be aligned with Trump in2022 and beyond.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-24, 10:08

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

If Biden starts locking up children after separating them from their families, hires his own family into positions of power, uses his assets to enrich himself as president and emboldens racists, you can call me out. Not to mention everything being held up by Moscow Mitch in the Senate, while blocking anything that the house and President want to do. This was not a normal presidency.

Sad thing is I bet the dems won't win the senate because I guess a lot of voters want to keep him in check according to the pundit I saw the other night. They think America will be better if he's restrained. That just means extreme grid lock even if people suffer (no stimulus etc) and they'll do everything they can to make him a one term president. Sigh. Oh well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-24, 10:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:

It is like a real life game thread that you started.
The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-24, 10:54

GRR Spartan wrote:Meanwhile in MI John James, DeVos handpicked GOP nominee and fortunate son who liked to talk about bootstraps won’t concede the election.

This is another sign of the schism developing in the MI GOP between the DeVos faction and those not wanting to be aligned with Trump in2022 and beyond.
Depends how many cable subscribers are subjected to "Trumpvision" or whatever that shitshow will be called. There are no morals to restrain them.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-24, 11:46

https://variety.com/2020/politics/news/trump-randy-quaid-videos-twitter-1234838931/

Have heard a lot of talk about guard rails these days, I still think the 25th is the best guard rail we have but I don't think this country has the balls to use it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-24, 11:49

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I think you just highlighted my point, that Biden will be above criticism by many here because Trump was such a shit show. Biden should be judged on what he does or does not do, and criticized when warranted. Criticisms should not dismissed by pointing out the bad that Trump did (unless, of course, something is caused by what Trump did, such as his attempts to weaken national security in order to sabotage Biden's first year or more).

That's what everyone was saying 4 years ago, blasting Goose or pantry or whoever would counter legitimate criticisms of Trump with legitimate criticisms of Obama (I'm talking about when Trump was doing actual policy things).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-24, 11:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I think you just highlighted my point, that Biden will be above criticism by many here because Trump was such a shit show. Biden should be judged on what he does or does not do, and criticized when warranted. Criticisms should not dismissed by pointing out the bad that Trump did (unless, of course, something is caused by what Trump did, such as his attempts to weaken national security in order to sabotage Biden's first year or more).

That's what everyone was saying 4 years ago, blasting Goose or pantry or whoever would counter legitimate criticisms of Trump with legitimate criticisms of Obama (I'm talking about when Trump was doing actual policy things).

Heh, a call to be fair and balanced.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-24, 11:54

There's going to be TONS of "whatabout Trump" here over the next four years. I think most of us know who the main culprits will be.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-11-24, 12:03

Cameron wrote:There's going to be TONS of "whatabout Trump" here over the next four years. I think most of us know who the main culprits will be.

Certainly Joe Cool will not be perfect, but the standard response is "it's fucking miles better than the alternative".

If he separates babies from their parents & puts them in cages, I'll be the first to lodge an sternly worded complaint.
If he calls [insert random dictator here] a good guy, I'll be the first to angrily raise my hand.
If he panders to white supremacists, I'll vociferously voice my displeasure.
If he puts Hunter in charge of peace in the middle east and basket of other duties, I'll scream nepotism.

You have my word, I'm watching.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-24, 12:14

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:There's going to be TONS of "whatabout Trump" here over the next four years. I think most of us know who the main culprits will be.

Certainly Joe Cool will not be perfect, but the standard response is "it's fucking miles better than the alternative".

If he separates babies from their parents & puts them in cages, I'll be the first to lodge an sternly worded complaint.
If he calls [insert random dictator here] a good guy, I'll be the first to angrily raise my hand.
If he puts Hunter in charge of peace in the middle east and basket of other duties, I'll scream nepotism.

Also proving the point. Don't judge Biden on his own merits, instead only compare him to the extremely low bar set by the worst president in history.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-24, 12:16

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Actually just a call to not be hypocrites. I wouldn't ask, nor expect, most of you to be fair or balanced in your opinions. Consistency and intellectual honesty shouldn't be too much to ask of a group of fine Spartans, however.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-24, 12:26

I suspect Joe won't separate children from their parents and lock them in cages.. he'll not call white supremacists 'very fine people'.. he won't brag about raping women. He won't mock disabled people. He won't sit back as Putin puts bounties on the heads of American soldiers. He won't ignore a pandemic, calling it a hoax, as it goes on to kill 250,000+ Americans. He won't conspire with dictators to interfere in the United States election process.

if he somehow manages not to do any of those things, I'll be happy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-24, 12:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Also proving the point.  Don't judge Biden on his own merits, instead only compare him to the extremely low bar set by the worst president in history.
It's amusing how the parade of idiots showed up to demonstrate exactly what you're talking about.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-11-24, 12:55

Cameron wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Also proving the point.  Don't judge Biden on his own merits, instead only compare him to the extremely low bar set by the worst president in history.
It's amusing how the parade of idiots showed up to demonstrate exactly what you're talking about.

You be sure to let us know when we should be outraged.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-24, 13:01

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You be sure to let us know when we should be outraged.
CLINT
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-24, 14:16

Anyone catch Trump's big press conference? Assembles all of the reporters, the WH staff rush them to get in their places and sit down because he's coming....and then he proceeds to talk for what was apparently only about 30 seconds to take credit for the record stock market, and then runs out of the room without taking questions. Basically he was in a tizzy because everyone has been crediting the approval of the Biden transition for the stock market.

Jim Acosta on CNN (sorry, Bob) said it was the weirdest thing he's seen at the White House in the last 4 years, which says a lot, even though the press aren't able to actually see most of the weirdness. He then added, "But you can't put the cereal back in the box once you've gone Cuckoo for Coco Puffs." The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 502811600
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-24, 14:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:Anyone catch Trump's big press conference? Assembles all of the reporters, the WH staff rush them to get in their places and sit down because he's coming....and then he proceeds to talk for what was apparently only about 30 seconds to take credit for the record stock market, and then runs out of the room without taking questions. Basically he was in a tizzy because everyone has been crediting the approval of the Biden transition for the stock market.

Jim Acosta on CNN (sorry, Bob) said it was the weirdest thing he's seen at the White House in the last 4 years, which says a lot, even though the press aren't able to actually see most of the weirdness. He then added, "But you can't put the cereal back in the box once you've gone Cuckoo for Coco Puffs." The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 502811600

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 502811600 The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 502811600 The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 502811600 The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-24, 14:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Actually just a call to not be hypocrites. I wouldn't ask, nor expect, most of you to be fair or balanced in your opinions. Consistency and intellectual honesty shouldn't be too much to ask of a group of fine Spartans, however.

To your point, I think it would do us all some good to be better informed, be critical of all our leaders and definitely vote more on the state/local level. Already, regarding Biden I think he's a fool for thinking he'll be able to reach across the aisle, I think he'll serve the banks won't do anything to address wealth disparity and I'll be disappointed if he gets us engaged in more endless wars.

Also, I posted a link to an article where he was appointing a Dupont exec to his epa transition team.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-11-24, 16:04

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

To your point, I think it would do us all some good to be better informed, be critical of all our leaders and definitely vote more on the state/local level. Already, regarding Biden I think he's a fool for thinking he'll be able to reach across the aisle, I think he'll serve the banks won't do anything to address wealth disparity and I'll be disappointed if he gets us engaged in more endless wars.

Also, I posted a link to an article where he was appointing a Dupont exec to his epa transition team.

The false narrative that dems are the ones starting the wars is laughable.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-24, 19:27

I didn't verify but solid at bat for Trump.

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 Enn_VfeXcAYv68h?format=jpg&name=900x900
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-25, 16:05

Giuliani tells a hearing of PA Republican state lawmakers that the PA election was a sham and fraud.

Last week Giuliani told a Federal judge in PA "This is not a fraud case."

It would be illegal to lie in the latter case. In the former, he wasn't even sworn in and it isn't even a government hearing, just a bunch of dudes at a hotel in Gettysburg.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-27, 18:45

Just want to say it's working...didn't talk about Orange ass face once during the feast, he didn't come up the night before or the day after. No one mentioned him I talked to a lot of relatives that used to vent about him the last couple of days. I think he will soon be out of sight and out of mind. Good riddance.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-11-27, 20:38

I think he blazes our like nothing before. He’s now saying he’ll leave the White House if Biden can prove he got 89 million votes. This will be fun as hell.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-27, 20:59

steveschneider wrote:Just want to say it's working...didn't talk about Orange ass face once during the feast, he didn't come up the night before or the day after. No one mentioned him I talked to a lot of relatives that used to vent about him the last couple of days. I think he will soon be out of sight and out of mind. Good riddance.

Today, I hope you at least caught up with his temper tantrum from yesterday while he was sitting at a tiny little kids-size desk.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-27, 21:10

I'm a lot less anxious on a daily basis...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-11-27, 21:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just want to say it's working...didn't talk about Orange ass face once during the feast, he didn't come up the night before or the day after. No one mentioned him I talked to a lot of relatives that used to vent about him the last couple of days. I think he will soon be out of sight and out of mind. Good riddance.

Today, I hope you at least caught up with his temper tantrum from yesterday while he was sitting at a tiny little kids-size desk.  

I thought it was photoshopped, shit was too funny

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 14 Tiny10
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-11-27, 21:40

DWags wrote:I think he blazes our like nothing before. He’s now saying he’ll leave the White House if Biden can prove he got 89 million votes. This will be fun as hell.

As if he has any say in the matter. Fraud has to be proved, not disproved.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-11-27, 21:50

Trump is getting more like the Mad Hatter daily.

Trump campaign legal team in PA was sent packing after a Federal Judge Steven Bibas' opinion for the court where all 3 Federal Judges were nominated by GOP Presidents:

“Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here,” 3rd Circuit Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee, wrote for the three-judge panel, all appointed by Republican presidents.

Still think Trump is getting opinions on whether he can issue himself a Presidentail pardon and if he can't, he will resign days before Inaugaration Day so President Mike Pence can issue a Presidential pardon to Donald J Trump.

Also think Trump will sneak out of town and fly to Mar-a-laga in the dead of night much like the way Robert Irsay moved the then Baltimore Colts to Indianapolis in March 1984.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-27, 21:57

Not sure you could pre-pardon yourself without being charged, let alone indicted. You think he will have Barr charge him with shit so he can be pardoned?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-11-28, 01:02

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Not sure you could pre-pardon yourself without being charged, let alone indicted. You think he will have Barr charge him with shit so he can be pardoned?

I need to look it up now, but I think Ford pardoned Nixon of all crimes that “may have been committed” Bummed I cant remember now. I saw the yellow note pad in his library.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-11-28, 01:10

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump is getting more like the Mad Hatter daily.

Trump campaign legal team in PA was sent packing after a Federal Judge Steven Bibas' opinion for the court where all 3 Federal Judges were nominated by GOP Presidents:

“Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here,” 3rd Circuit Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee, wrote for the three-judge panel, all appointed by Republican presidents.

Still think Trump is getting opinions on whether he can issue himself a Presidentail pardon and if he can't, he will resign days before Inaugaration Day so President Mike Pence can issue a Presidential pardon to Donald J Trump.

Also think Trump will sneak out of town and fly to Mar-a-laga in the dead of night much like the way Robert Irsay moved the then Baltimore Colts to Indianapolis in March 1984.

There are some interesting articles out there about the meaning of the word "grant". As in to convey. Meaning you can't pardon yourself. Whether the dems have the balls to challenge such a thing is another debate. Regardless, it still doesn't apply to the state of NY.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-28, 08:09

DWags wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Not sure you could pre-pardon yourself without being charged, let alone indicted. You think he will have Barr charge him with shit so he can be pardoned?

I need to look it up now, but I think Ford pardoned Nixon of all crimes that “may have been committed” Bummed I cant remember now. I saw the yellow note pad in his library.

Yeah, I don't think Nixon was ever charged with a crime, or if he was, the pardon covered him beyond that to other crimes that he wasn't charged with.

It would be risky to try the self pardon. The language is somewhat ambiguous, but most legal scholars seem to think that the spirit/intent of the pardon ability does not extend to one's self, as it basically would give a president a blank check for corruption (as long as they have over 1/3 of the Senate with them to avoid a losing an impeachment trial). So do you risk that without knowing if the courts would uphold it? It may not get tested in the courts until he is out of office and actually charged.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next