Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA seeding show

+12
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
Dendrobates
Turtleneck
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
DWags
16 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

NCAA seeding show - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA seeding show

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-15, 08:22

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Are people upset MSU is in a play in game?

I think it’s one of those deals where they are comparing g us to some other non play in teams and using criteria established we’re above them.

It’s part of the deal with the selection process. Which I like. Nothing we complain about changes a thing, but it’s one step closer to “normal” like WBH pointed out.

I imagine you’re thinking this team might not even deserve a play in, which a case can be made for also.

No, I think a play in game is perfectly fair, and they had three huge wins down the stretch that earned them that spot. Fine with it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-03-15, 08:27

Cameron wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just change the name of the board already to "All Steve all the time".
If we were all a unanimous chorus of hate, steve could be defeated. But too many of you insist on encouraging him. OTPT and Turtleneck are two of the worst offenders.

Wut
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-15, 08:58

Cameron, to defeat Steve you must put forward a better message. The answer you seek lies within you. You have the power to make the change you want to see.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-15, 09:03

Syracuse non play in 11 resume? Meh.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 10:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just change the name of the board already to "All Steve all the time".

I make some potent posts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-15, 10:13

kingstonlake wrote:Syracuse non play in 11 resume? Meh.

It's never going to be perfect. Sure, MSU could have that spot or another at-large spot, but that @ NW through @ Purdue stretch was really, really bad. It was GreenWay bad. I think it's a perfectly fair seeding, but am also kind of like "whatever."

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-03-15, 10:16; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-15, 10:15

steveschneider wrote:

No, you just post everything that comes to mind. You throw every thought you have on the wall (tSwill), so some things are bound to stick. To counter this, all Cameron has to do is share every single thought he has at every moment. I encourage Cameron to do this, along with the rest of tSwill.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 10:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

It’s pretty tedious to bother reading posts here isn’t it

If it makes you unhappy just leave. It's that simple. NCAA seeding show - Page 2 2599972566
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 10:20

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

No, you just post everything that comes to mind. You throw every thought you have on the wall (tSwill), so some things are bound to stick. To counter this, all Cameron has to do is share every single thought he has at every moment. I encourage Cameron to do this, along with the rest of tSwill.

My posts are carefully crafted and based on my many years of experience. Also, regarding Iona I'm going to circle back the fact they are 15 seed is the Pitino TV bump. Without Rick they are a 16 seed easy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-15, 10:22

steveschneider wrote:

It’s pretty tedious to bother reading posts here isn’t it

If it makes you unhappy just leave. It's that simple. NCAA seeding show - Page 2 2599972566

Go fuck yourself asshole
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 10:35

steveschneider wrote:

Go fuck yourself asshole

Whoa. I'll just step away from this guy. Enjoy the tournament Travis.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-15, 10:39

Travis is mad again, guys. lol!

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2021-03-15, 10:39; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-15, 10:39

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Selection committee guy kind of let the cat out of the bag a bit by saying UCLA/MSU would be a great way to open/start the Tournament (or whatever the hell he said).  

Sure seemed like they took that into consideration when seeding.  

No question. Great move putting two brand names on Thursday. Especially with the schedule change. 

Steve's prediction was MSU and Duke would get in. No caveats. Full stop. He went 50/50.

I'm going to need a link and date/time context on this before I allow it.

#teamsteve
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 10:45

kingstonlake wrote:Travis is mad again, guys. lol!

I thought this was a place of thicker skin. I take more shit than anyone here and it's all good. If I'm actually causing someone that level of agitation I'm not good with that. Travis it's nothing personal just talking shit. If it really bothers you I'll leave this board.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 10:47

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

No question. Great move putting two brand names on Thursday. Especially with the schedule change. 

Steve's prediction was MSU and Duke would get in. No caveats. Full stop. He went 50/50.

#teamsteve

Fair is fair. I didn't think Duke would get ousted by Covid and it happened. I still believe a healthy Duke team gets in it would be great ratings for the pair of play in games. I'm also revising my Iona take they got the Pitino bump to 15 from 16. With no Pitino they are a 16 seed. Counterfactual argument disclaimer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-15, 10:47

steveschneider wrote:

I thought this was a place of thicker skin. I take more shit than anyone here and it's all good. If I'm actually causing someone that level of agitation I'm not good with that. Travis it's nothing personal just talking shit. If it really bothers you I'll leave this board.

I wouldn't sweat it. Maybe he had a bad weekend? NCAA seeding show - Page 2 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 10:51

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I wouldn't sweat it. Maybe he had a bad weekend? NCAA seeding show - Page 2 2599972566

Hey it's been an awful year for a lot of people myself included. I don't know what people are really experiencing. I don't want to make anything worse for anyone. I'm sensitive to that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-15, 10:56

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

#teamsteve

Fair is fair. I didn't think Duke would get ousted by Covid and it happened. I still believe a healthy Duke team gets in it would be great ratings for the pair of play in games. I'm also revising my Iona take they got the Pitino bump to 15 from 16. With no Pitino they are a 16 seed. Counterfactual argument disclaimer.

I think the Chairman was a Kentucky guy. He wasn't letting Duke in.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-03-15, 11:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:

NCAA seeding show - Page 2 3493939353 Take what you can get.  Their draw is fair IMO. Gotta play an extra game, but it is against an equal level opponent on a Thur night time slot. Sets up the potential for some day drinking Saturday. Great opportunity. 

I like the new schedule overall.  Fri-Mon works and you keep some tradition moving the First Four games to Thur. For me, and I'm sure a lot of others, Thursday is the start of March Madness. I could never get into the Tue/Wed games. It brings some legitimacy and more eyeballs to those games as well. 

Looks like a win win to me.

This, especially the bolded part.  I didnt realize the First Four was on Thursday this year until I saw our game day/time this morning.  I'll take it this year because of MSU, but I like two full days of blowing off work for tourney games.

I hear ya. I always get excited for the Thur noon tip.  But overall I can give up the Thur noon-5 games, for what looks on paper a better overall opening weekend layout.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-03-15, 11:47

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

#teamsteve

Here you go...

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t22918p40-bracketology-2021

Actually steve was 1 of 3 in that thread. Proficiency rating decreased to 33%.

steveschneider wrote:I'm of the mindset that Duke and MSU get in. I think at this point Duke will earn their way in they look like a sweet sixteen elite 8 team now. UNC is supposedly playing top tier ball right now as well.

It's a weird year and I think if the NCAA wants a good product next month they'd be stupid to keep MSU out of the tournament.

steveschneider wrote:I have a hot take for the listeners. I think Tom Izzo is going to fuck Juwan Howard’s shit up twice.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-15, 11:49

steveschneider wrote:

You make every thread you post in completely unreadable. This one was only tolerable when you weren’t posting post after post after post all about you, usually without even so much as a reply before your next post. Just shut the fuck up already. No one comes here to read about you. No one cares.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-15, 11:50

What do you think it says about you that you’ve made yourself the lapdog of the biggest fuckin weirdo here. You’re like the little hanger on to his trolling tanfan. Pathetic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 11:51

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

#teamsteve

Here you go...

steveschneider wrote:I'm of the mindset that Duke and MSU get in. I think at this point Duke will earn their way in they look like a sweet sixteen elite 8 team now. UNC is supposedly playing top tier ball right now as well.

It's a weird year and I think if the NCAA wants a good product next month they'd be stupid to keep MSU out of the tournament.

steveschneider wrote:I have a hot take for the listeners. I think Tom Izzo is going to fuck Juwan Howard’s shit up twice.

NCAA seeding show - Page 2 1966794946

To be fair the last one could still happen in the tournament but really that one was just hyping and pumping. That was a for fun take on par with up there with Spartanrocky's 10 page break downs where in the conclusion he has Michigan State beating Alabama in the Capital One Bowl.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 11:53

steveschneider wrote:

You make every thread you post in completely unreadable. This one was only tolerable when you weren’t posting post after post after post all about you, usually without even so much as a reply before your next post. Just shut the fuck up already. No one comes here to read about you. No one cares.

I personally apologize to you for any agitation I caused. I mean it. I'm not here to do that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-15, 12:13

What do you think it says about you that you’ve made yourself the lapdog of the biggest fuckin weirdo here. You’re like the little hanger on to his trolling tanfan. Pathetic.

I haven’t gave it a second thought Travis. You ok Bro?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-15, 12:16

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Here you go...

To be fair the last one could still happen in the tournament but really that one was just hyping and pumping. That was a for fun take on par with up there with Spartanrocky's 10 page break downs where in the conclusion he has Michigan State beating Alabama in the Capital One Bowl.

.333 is a great batting average in baseball, Steve. But this is Internet sports message board posting and .333 doesn't cut it. .333 gets you released. If you're going 1/3 on an Internet sports message board all the time, you eventually end up posting at Scout posting in total obscurity.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-03-15, 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-15, 12:17

kingstonlake wrote:

Are you ok, Kingston?

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-03-15, 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 12:18

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

.333 is a great battering average in baseball, Steve. But this is Internet sports message board posting and .333 doesn't cut it. .333 gets you released. Then you end up posting at Scout in total obscurity.

NCAA seeding show - Page 2 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-03-15, 12:21

NCAA seeding show - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-15, 12:29

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Are you ok, Kingston?

I am TN. Thanks for asking! I just want you to know I have deemed threads you post in readable. I am not the self proclaimed authority though. So it’s not an official endorsement. That power lays with really important people. But I wanted you to know. NCAA seeding show - Page 2 969504605
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-03-15, 12:41

So if I start a Welcome to MSU Mel Tucker thread that makes me better than Rogers Hornsby then?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-15, 12:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So if I start a Welcome to MSU Mel Tucker thread that makes me better than Rogers Hornsby then?

Yup
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 14:26

Lets see how I did on twitter.

I tweeted at David Mayo former professional sports writer (not blue check but a former blue check) about UCLA vs MSU 'It's an exciting matchup. Should generate some good ratings.'

He liked it.

I tweeted this at John Feinstein "MSU vs UCLA a matchup made for ratings." and he liked it. Official blue check twitter guy and writes about sports for the Washington Post.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2021-03-15, 14:29; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-15, 14:27

steveschneider wrote:Lets see how I did on twitter.

I tweeted at David Mayo former professional sports writer (not blue check but a former blue check) about UCLA vs MSU 'It's an exciting matchup. Should generate some good ratings.'

He liked it.

I tweeted this at John Feinstein "MSU vs UCLA a matchup made for ratings." and he liked it. Official blue check twitter guy and writes about college ball for the Washington Post.

Motion to give steve the keys to the Swill twitter.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 14:39

NigelUno wrote:

He liked it.

I tweeted this at John Feinstein "MSU vs UCLA a matchup made for ratings." and he liked it. Official blue check twitter guy and writes about college ball for the Washington Post.

Motion to give steve the keys to the Swill twitter.

When a guy as prolific as John Feinstein approves of your take it makes it easier to just tune out the haters.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-03-15, 14:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Cameron wrote:
If we were all a unanimous chorus of hate, steve could be defeated. But too many of you insist on encouraging him. OTPT and Turtleneck are two of the worst offenders.

Wut

"Hi, Steve!" OTPT, 3/3/21
"I love steve" OTPT, 3/2/21
"never change steve, I love you." OTPT, 2/26/21
"Be nice to Steve he generates conversation and content. We love you, Steve!" OTPT, 2/10/21
"I like steve and agree with many of his takes" OTPT, 2/3/21

NCAA seeding show - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5hxxkbfqecelfyvropni8xgy3qb8uewjt1srdfik9&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-15, 14:58

He liked it.

I tweeted this at John Feinstein "MSU vs UCLA a matchup made for ratings." and he liked it. Official blue check twitter guy and writes about sports for the Washington Post.

You need to get out more, Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 15:02

Turtleneck wrote:

He liked it.

You need to get out more, Steve.

The old get a life call out. I have a robust social life and hobbies. I'm chained to the desk 9-5 just like most of us so here I am. Also, those tweets didn't really take a whole lot of time to generate and my current screen report on twitter equals a 29 minute daily average. This includes articles I read from links off the platform in the morning. Thank you very much.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-15, 15:03

I thought this was a family-friendly forum. Nobody should be fucking themselves here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-15, 15:22

[tw]1371482892203868170?s=21[/tw]

lol!!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider