Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.

+13
MiamiSpartan
gomersbro
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
Pervis Muldoon
NigelUno
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
DWags
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-03-23, 13:12

gomersbro wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Who's going to the spring game?

Count on me being there.
Bob, do we have to remove your apathy award?
I think so.  The apathy award was really based on his time on tRCMB, wasn't it?  Where his schtick was that he didn't care about sports, didn't care about UM, etc.  Or maybe he started that way in tSwill.  I prefer the more modern Swill version of Bob that I believe is the more the true Bob.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-23, 18:54

Heat Miser wrote:Bob has his own board here. Isn't that comp enough? Nobody else has their own board.

That seems fair, and it saves DWags a few beers and one hat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-23, 21:04

MiamiSpartan wrote:
gomersbro wrote:
Bob, do we have to remove your apathy award?
I think so.  The apathy award was really based on his time on tRCMB, wasn't it?  Where his schtick was that he didn't care about sports, didn't care about UM, etc.  Or maybe he started that way in tSwill.  I prefer the more modern Swill version of Bob that I believe is the more the true Bob.
they were fun to annoy over there.. so much fun they booted me. Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-24, 00:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
they were fun to annoy over there.. so much fun they booted me. Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 502811600

The way I remember it was that a mod (who's such an extreme fanatic he made a Spartan gimp costume to wear to games) banned you for having an inadequate amount of enthusiasm for MSU sports. I've been off that board for several months, but you were still mentioned on occasion many years after you left. Last I saw, it's basically a recruiting board with little personality.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-03-24, 05:56

Does Bill Cain count as personality? 😬
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-03-24, 10:08

I think we may be going and bringing the girls. I feel that's an environment that will be easy to get in and out of with cranky kids. Because we all know a 1 and 4 year old girl won't sit through it all. But it's a good start for exposure for their future.
I do plan to buy 4 season tickets someday.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and The Pantry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-24, 10:11

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The way I remember it was that a mod (who's such an extreme fanatic he made a Spartan gimp costume to wear to games) banned you for having an inadequate amount of enthusiasm for MSU sports.  I've been off that board for several months, but you were still mentioned on occasion many years after you left.  Last I saw, it's basically a recruiting board with little personality.  
yeah, that guy, the Masked Gringo From Guadalajara, was weird as fuck.

he started threatening me via PM to say things/not say things.. he did the whole "you've been warned" act - I kept referring him to listen to certain bands because, from my experience, music is pretty soothing and he definitely needed to be soothed.

He didn't like my casual approach to his threats, so he PM'd me one last time to tell me to act/behave a certain way, so I referred yet another band for him to listen to.

He then banned me. Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 502811600

but, yeah, that place was turning into the cesspool that it sounds like it has finally fully become. tSwill was on the scene just a month or so after my glorious dismissal, so it's almost like my departure threw the wheels in motion for a better, more inclusive place for Spartans to hang out. afro

long live tSwill!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-24, 10:15

Dendrobates wrote:I think we may be going and bringing the girls. I feel that's an environment that will be easy to get in and out of with cranky kids. Because we all know a 1 and 4 year old girl won't sit through it all. But it's a good start for exposure for their future.
I do plan to buy 4 season tickets someday.
yep - as long as the weather is decent, it's a great, laid back hang for families.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-24, 10:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

The way I remember it was that a mod (who's such an extreme fanatic he made a Spartan gimp costume to wear to games) banned you for having an inadequate amount of enthusiasm for MSU sports.  I've been off that board for several months, but you were still mentioned on occasion many years after you left.  Last I saw, it's basically a recruiting board with little personality.  

he started threatening me via PM to say things/not say things.. he did the whole "you've been warned" act - I kept referring him to listen to certain bands because, from my experience, music is pretty soothing and he definitely needed to be soothed.

He didn't like my casual approach to his threats, so he PM'd me one last time to tell me to act/behave a certain way, so I referred yet another band for him to listen to.

He then banned me. Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 502811600

but, yeah, that place was turning into the cesspool that it sounds like it has finally fully become. tSwill was on the scene just a month or so after my glorious dismissal, so it's almost like my departure threw the wheels in motion for a better, more inclusive place for Spartans to hang out. afro

long live tSwill!!

😂. I just was banned by Martin Spartan again. Guy is beyond obsessed with me posting over there. Creeps me out. Idaughters boyfriend just graduated med school. He’s doing his residency in psychiatry starting soon. I love talking to him. He’s a northwestern undergrad but has become a Spartan fan. I’m going to breach the personalities on message boards with him. I’m ready to see how fucked up i am. I know Martin Spartan and the masked guy are. Should be interesting. This place, by far, is the best place for sports and entertainment without the extreme nuts.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-24, 10:38

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

long live tSwill!!

😂. I just was banned by Martin Spartan again. Guy is beyond obsessed with me posting over there. Creeps me out. Idaughters boyfriend just graduated med school. He’s doing his residency in psychiatry starting soon. I love talking to him. He’s a northwestern undergrad but has become a Spartan fan. I’m going to breach the personalities on message boards with him. I’m ready to see how fucked up i am. I know Martin Spartan and the masked guy are. Should be interesting. This place, by far, is the best place for sports and entertainment without the extreme nuts.
Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 502811600

as someone who knows quite a bit about dysfunction (trust me on this one), every sign and symptom known to man is readily available for the diagnosis of various personality, emotional and psychological disorders at that place.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-03-25, 17:44

[tw]1507447231082897418[/tw]

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 3493939353
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Heat Miser, Travis of the Cosmos, The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-25, 18:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1507447231082897418[/tw]

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 3493939353

Do you know who is speaking?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-03-25, 18:59

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1507447231082897418[/tw]

I'm 99% sure it's this guy.

https://twitter.com/LateKickJosh

He first spoke about MSU & Tucker winning a national championship on his podcast a month or so ago.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2022-03-25, 19:01; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-25, 19:00

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

long live tSwill!!

Martin Spartan is an odd one. What he get you for?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-25, 19:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm 99% sure it's this guy.

https://twitter.com/LateKickJosh

He first spoke about MSU & Tucker winning a national championship on his podcast a month or so ago.

Thanks. No idea who he is, but his bio says he’s ‘washed in His blood’, which says a lot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-25, 22:36

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well, the first time he banned me for disagreeing with his opinion about a football strategy. Not joking that’s exactly what it was. Then this time he banned me because I jumped in a thread that was complaining about the team or Izzo after the Duke loss and I said to one person in particular guys like you and Martin Spartan make this board horrible. And then I told the guy why he did and I added in Martin Spartan banned me for having an opinion different than his. So I assume that’s why I was banned by him, but whatever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-26, 02:35

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Well, the first time he banned me for disagreeing with his opinion about a football strategy. Not joking that’s exactly what it was. Then this time he banned me because I jumped in a thread that was complaining about the team or Izzo after the Duke loss and I said to one person in particular guys like you and Martin Spartan make this board horrible. And then I told the guy why he did and I added in Martin Spartan banned me for having an opinion different than his. So I assume that’s why I was banned by him, but whatever.

The guy has an overinflated ego. Since this place has been so slow, I’ve been reading that board more. I’ve noticed a couple things: For starters, a few of his posts are just strange, a lot are really negative toward MSU, and he comes across as cocky AF. Now, I don’t really care if he’s negative toward MSU. That’s his opinion and he can share all he wants. But if he’s giving timeouts to people like you for having differing opinions, that’s going too far, especially since, like I said, some of his takes make it seem like he’s trying (and failing) to be edgy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-26, 21:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

long live tSwill!!

The band suggestion idea is hilarious. I think that guy listens to Henry Rollins to relax.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-03-27, 07:50

I saw on the tweets that we hosted some kind of nfl defensive lineman clinic this week? That’s a really good idea for cruitin tbh.

My deepest apologies if you guys talked about it and I missed it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-27, 10:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I saw on the tweets that we hosted some kind of nfl defensive lineman clinic this week? That’s a really good idea for cruitin tbh.

My deepest apologies if you guys talked about it and I missed it

I don’t know that it has but the video of uofm player Gary working out on our campus had to have some people in Ann Arbor kicking stones

[tw]1507112406392008733?s=21&t=y9hmxXIIAnYHF6urQKAgxw[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-03-28, 08:37

[tw]1508421019077382148[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-28, 14:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1508421019077382148[/tw]

Keys? I assumed the offense was push-button start.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-28, 15:33

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1508421019077382148[/tw]

Keys? I assumed the offense was push-button start.

It’s still better than umaa, where the offense needs a running start before jumping off a cliff. That’s what they mean by speed in space.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-03-31, 17:32

[tw]1509558024591052808[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Heat Miser, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-12, 12:44

[tw]1513873829059346432[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-04-12, 14:20

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

long live tSwill!!

The band suggestion idea is hilarious. I think that guy listens to Henry Rollins to relax.
yeah, he never really struck as a happy, content, well-adjusted young man. Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 2599972566

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-14, 09:29

Spring Game/Practice 2pm start. Weather looks like a balmy 43 and windy. I expect to see Bob there running the stairs during practice.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-14, 09:59

Nordic wrote:Spring Game/Practice 2pm start. Weather looks like a balmy 43 and windy. I expect to see Bob there running the stairs during practice.

Live on BTN. Replay at 10:00 pm.

Gonna look for the guy running stairs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-04-14, 10:53

Roll Call:

I am firmly committed to possibly being there (seriously - not sure.. depends on a few things).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-14, 15:46

I’d go but my mcl and knee aren’t quite ready for those stairs. It sucks, because they want Spartan butts in SS b/c of the huge recruiting weekend.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-14, 16:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Roll Call:

I am firmly committed to possibly being there (seriously - not sure.. depends on a few things).

If you go, we'll need you to do on the spot reporting again. Some of the best in the business. TIA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-14, 18:07

Free 247 article on the ginormity of recruiting visits this weekend.

[tw]1514721736872316928[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-15, 11:06

Referenced earlier.   Great vid shots of SS and campus. Who would not want to attend MSU and play for Mel? GO GREEN!

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-15, 11:22

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 Cfp10

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 Cfp210
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-04-15, 11:48

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Roll Call:

If you go, we'll need you to do on the spot reporting again.  Some of the best in the business.  TIA
thanks, man.

as I recall, I started the day at the Tin Can drinking 24 oz cans of PBR and gradually made my way to the south endzone of Spartan Stadium. Live message-boardin' at its finest.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-15, 11:53

tGreenWay wrote:I’d go but my mcl and knee aren’t quite ready for those stairs. It sucks, because they want Spartan butts in SS b/c of the huge recruiting weekend.

Get a scooter. Adapt and survive.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-04-15, 12:04

MSU should take the 'fans in the stands' approach, circa quarantine.

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 2 Https%3A%2F%2Fcalltothepen.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1256938785-850x560

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-16, 14:43

Nordic All-Access: DE Khris Bogle, 6-4 240, is a beast
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-04-16, 14:45

BTN does not know how to televise a practice. It's just a string of random camera shots.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-18, 11:07

Good recap from Brooks on the spring game.

Observations from Michigan State football's end-of-spring open practice

I had pretty much the same observations. Windmon (4) and Brule (2), were two that stood out to me. They were the two that stood out to the point of looking up the roster to see who they were. Brule is a physical specimen and looked like a freak in drills. No idea if it will translate on the feild.

Windmon stood out in the scrimmage portion, he's a dude. He looked like a vet that knew what he was doing. Directing traffic, getting people lined up, etc. I would be surprised if both didn't start. That said, we seem to be loaded at LB. Snow played exclusively at LB. He looked bigger, but still a bit of a tweener. He is definitely going to play a lot. I expect a lot of rotation at LB.

Hard to really gage anything else. I thought Berger and Collins ran with more pop than the others. But it was also inside shortage running drills. So you're not seeing a whole lot. I watched Primm a lot, didn't see anything good or bad. Apparently Tuck.has been talking him up this spring. Primm did look he had a little tweak (lwr back) by the end of practice.

Hauser looks like the real deal. Quick release and footwork. I liked the look of the bal coming out of his hand. He is going to push Frey and Kim. Frey was fine too. Biggest QB of the group. Throws a good ball. Kim was the least noticeable. Backup QB spot will be interesting. Not a lot of QB work to go off in the scrimmage portions.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next