Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.

+13
MiamiSpartan
gomersbro
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
Pervis Muldoon
NigelUno
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
DWags
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.

Post by DWags 2022-04-18, 14:52

Nordic wrote:Good recap from Brooks on the spring game.

Observations from Michigan State football's end-of-spring open practice

I had pretty much the same observations. Windmon (4) and Brule (2), were two that stood out to me. They were the two that stood out to the point of looking up the roster to see who they were. Brule is a physical specimen and looked like a freak in drills. No idea if it will translate on the feild.

Windmon stood out in the scrimmage portion, he's a dude. He looked like a vet that knew what he was doing. Directing traffic, getting people lined up, etc. I would be surprised if both didn't start. That said, we seem to be loaded at LB. Snow played exclusively at LB. He looked bigger, but still a bit of a tweener. He is definitely going to play a lot. I expect a lot of rotation at LB.

Hard to really gage anything else. I thought Berger and Collins ran with more pop than the others. But it was also inside shortage running drills. So you're not seeing a whole lot. I watched Primm a lot, didn't see anything good or bad. Apparently Tuck.has been talking him up this spring. Primm did look he had a little tweak (lwr back) by the end of practice.

Hauser looks like the real deal. Quick release and footwork. I liked the look of the bal coming out of his hand. He is going to push Frey and Kim. Frey was fine too. Biggest QB of the group. Throws a good ball. Kim was the least noticeable. Backup QB spot will be interesting. Not a lot of QB work to go off in the scrimmage portions.

If somehow we're able to put together an average Oline, this team could do something.

Not a small ask however.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spring football 2022 news-notes whatev you want to add here.

Post by Dendrobates 2022-04-19, 14:34

I took my girls to the game on Sat.
Despite the freezing cold, and having 2 little ones, they did quite well. And my 4 year old was asking a lot of questions and interested in what was going on. I was happy with that. I told her when she was older, if she wanted to, we would buy season tickets for her. She liked that. And then she proceeded to tell me she wanted to go to school there.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, duffy munn, DWags, gomersbro and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-29, 09:59

[tw]1520036019701260288[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-29, 11:15

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1520036019701260288[/tw]

Not surprising. I liked Crouch. He was a mean vicious hitter. He took some heat for freelancing/possibly not fully grasping the playbook. We'll be in good shape with Windmon. He looked like he has been playing linebacker for a while.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-29, 11:33

I thought if you transfer twice you have to sit out or lose a year or something. First one is free.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-04-29, 11:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I thought if you transfer twice you have to sit out or lose a year or something. First one is free.

I think there's a covid waiver your can bank
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-15, 22:42

Syracuse’s Carrier Dome to get new name
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3