Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

+21
Zurn
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
The Pantry
sεяεηιτλ
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dendrobates
StylesGShmooth
Turtleneck
Cameron
Rick Saunders
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Pervis Muldoon
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
RQA
Motown Spartan
25 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 18 Empty Re: Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-18, 08:58

TravelinMan wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Over on the main board Bob said his wife has a new ride. Wonder if it's a union made EV?

As long as it jams Springsteen on the entertainment system, Bob doesn't care.
it has Fender speakers, which are pretty fly.

I hope that's okay with Zurn/RQA and his church.. ya know, that she's allowed to make her own decisions. Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 18 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 18 Empty Re: Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-18, 09:03

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

The technology is NOT better.  It may someday be so, but it most certainly isn’t today.

Oh no, the tech is better, always has been.  ICE's which waste 70% plus of the energy input has always been a poor technology.

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 18 Elona-finlay-shaking-head-vsv7hhif3fn11k4h
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-18, 09:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

As long as it jams Springsteen on the entertainment system, Bob doesn't care.
it has Fender speakers, which are pretty fly.

I hope that's okay with Zurn/RQA and his church.. ya know, that she's allowed to make her own decisions. Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 18 502811600

Well you know I'm all about the women's rights. And besides, it might have taken a lot of hard work for you to buy it for her. You wouldn't want that!
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-18, 09:38

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it has Fender speakers, which are pretty fly.

Well you know I'm all about the women's rights. And besides, it might have taken a lot of hard work for you to buy it for her. You wouldn't want that!

I wonder how many dishes she had to wash and sandwiches she had to construct.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-18, 09:44

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I wonder how many dishes she had to wash and sandwiches she had to construct.
Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 18 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-18, 09:49

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it has Fender speakers, which are pretty fly.

I hope that's okay with Zurn/RQA and his church.. ya know, that she's allowed to make her own decisions.  Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 18 502811600  

Well you know I'm all about the women's rights.  And besides, it might have taken a lot of hard work for you to buy it for her.  You wouldn't want that!
hell, no.. fuck the man.

she's pretty smart and doesn't have an aversion to hard work like I do. She graduated from undergrad in three years, law school a semester ahead of the class she entered with.

I think she likes me for my charm.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-18, 09:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Well you know I'm all about the women's rights.  And besides, it might have taken a lot of hard work for you to buy it for her.  You wouldn't want that!
hell, no.. I do everything I can to never make a dime for The Man.

she's pretty smart and doesn't have an aversion to hard work like I do. She graduated from undergrad in three years, law school a semester ahead of the class she entered with.

Sounds like she got SUPER lucky to be able to afford a new car.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-18, 09:55

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
hell, no.. I do everything I can to never make a dime for The Man.

I don't know.. she seemed to work pretty hard.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-18, 10:02

Meanwhile, since I started this thread, EVs have easily tripled their average range, cut their lower prices significantly, improved their charging times from hours to minutes and improved charging station availability hugely.

This is a disruptive technical revolution with a better technology, no matter how much the gas & oil industry fights against it.

Just as renewable electricity generation is now the low cost choice, the cost structure of EV's is creating the same dynamic for EV's.

Two years ago everyone was saying there wasn't enough lithium for the EV revolution, now there are reserves driving lithium prices rapidly down.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-18, 10:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I don't know.. she seemed to work pretty hard.

Born in America.... roads and sewers.... trust me, it was mostly luck.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-18, 10:05

Trapper Gus wrote:Meanwhile, since I started this thread, EVs have easily tripled their average range, cut their lower prices significantly, improved their charging times from hours to minutes and improved charging station availability hugely.

This is a disruptive technical revolution with a better technology, no matter how much the gas & oil industry fights against it.

Just as renewable electricity generation is now the low cost choice, the cost structure of EV's is creating the same dynamic for EV's.

Two years ago everyone was saying there wasn't enough lithium for the EV revolution, now there are reserves driving lithium prices rapidly down.

Of course those things have improved. They had nowhere to go but up!
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-18, 10:06

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't know.. she seemed to work pretty hard.

that's typically reserved for white men.

being a female, she was not afforded near the chances and opportunities that were provided to me.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-18, 10:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

that's typically reserved for white men.

being a female, she was not afforded near the chances and opportunities that were provided to me.

Touché! I don’t know what I was thinking. Clearly my male privilege got a hold of me there for a second.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-18, 10:22

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: that's typically reserved for white men.

Touché! I don’t know what I was thinking. Clearly my male privilege got a hold of me there for a second.
no worries. It happens.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-18, 10:26

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Meanwhile, since I started this thread, EVs have easily tripled their average range, cut their lower prices significantly, improved their charging times from hours to minutes and improved charging station availability hugely.

Of course those things have improved.  They had nowhere to go but up!

Keeping up with development on the EV side they are continuing to improve.  All the negatives we have agreed upon continue to be eliminated, which is why IMO, putting down markers about "call me when" is just asking for come-uppance in a short number of years.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-18, 10:41

BTW we are already almost 10% of the way to unhealthy for humans levels of CO2 in the air, and around larger cities it is probably higher.

At high levels, the carbon dioxide itself can cause headache, dizziness, nausea and other symptoms. This could occur when exposed to levels above 5,000 ppm for many hours. At even higher levels of CO2 can cause asphyxiation as it replaces oxygen in the blood-exposure to concentrations around 40,000 ppm is immediately dangerous to life and health. CO2 poisoning, however, is very rare.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-18, 12:24

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Of course those things have improved.  They had nowhere to go but up!

Keeping up with development on the EV side they are continuing to improve.  All the negatives we have agreed upon continue to be eliminated, which is why IMO, putting down markers about "call me when" is just asking for come-uppance in a short number of years.

I appreciate that you believe that.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-19, 09:13

https://insideevs.com/news/716074/chevrolet-silverado-ev-fast-charging/

A EV pickumup truck with 450 miles of range, but the interesting thing is how it manages charging.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-19, 09:35

Zurn wrote:From Trapper's link:

It took just over one hour and 15 minutes to take the Silverado EV’s 200+ kilowatt-hour battery from flat to full

Sure, that time will be reduced in the future, of course.  It is more interesting that the time to do that less than 5 years ago would have been measured in days, not hours.

It is more interesting, technically, as to how the design accomplished this charging time.

The charging time is as much limited by charger capability as the vehicle battery. With a different vehicle battery connection design and two chargers it could be reduced to 38 minutes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-19, 14:54

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-04-18/the-us-now-has-a-fast-ev-charging-station-for-every-15-gas-stations?embedded-checkout=true

Didn't realize this much progress had been made, however it seems overstated if they are comparing individual chargers to gas stations which have multiple pumps, and charging takes longer than pumping gas, though at fast chargers the difference is less.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-21, 14:11

I know this car costs almost $300k, I'm just wondering how impressive are these track numbers for a off the dealer lot car?

https://www.motor1.com/news/716800/lucid-air-sapphire-60-mph-8-second-quarter-mile/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-23, 10:17

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/23/electric-vehicles-growth-iea

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 18 Scree249

IEA sees full EVs and plug-in hybrids together accounting for one in five light-duty vehicles (think cars, SUVs and pickups) sold in 2024.

Overall, the agency projects sales growing over 21% this year. That's down from 2023 growth, but from a higher base.

But the market is top-heavy: 60% of those sales are in China, with 25% in Europe, and 10% in the U.S.

EVs still haven't reached upfront cost-parity with fossil fuel-powered models, and that's a check on growth.

They're 10%-50% more expensive in Europe and the U.S., "depending on the country and car segment," the IEA notes.

But in China, the largest market, 60% of EVs sold last year were less costly than their internal combustion equivalent, it added.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-24, 16:37

Today I am seeing stories that investors are thinking that EV stocks are becoming the next big thing.

While I think that eventually EV's will dominate the market, I'm not thinking next quarter.

Prices for the entry level EV's in the US are still too high, in the $30k to $40k region.

Range is still too low in the 200mpc to 300mpc for entry level BEV's.

The charging network is still too scattered, it probably needs at a minimum 10 times the chargers in the field.

The charging times are still too high, get them down to 10 minutes for 20% to 80% at least.

I'm thinking EV's might become the second, commuting vehicle for people in metro areas in the US, but no more than that.

https://www.iea.org/reports/global-ev-outlook-2024/trends-in-the-electric-vehicle-industry#abstract

https://www.iea.org/reports/global-ev-outlook-2024/trends-in-electric-vehicle-batteries
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-25, 14:50

As you guys saw a few weeks ago I read dozens and dozens of press releases on technology regarding BEV's, and sometimes post them here.

I decided after that link dump I had made a point, not sure what and once was enough.  Don't worry, not changing my mind on that.

Out of the dozens that have passed by since, this one today is significant.

The leading battery company in the world has announced they have a production ready vehicle battery with over 600 miles per fully charged battery which can add 370 miles of charge in 10 minutes.

https://electrek.co/2024/04/25/catl-unveils-worlds-first-lfp-battery-4c-ultra-fast-charging/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18