Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four day work week trial was a cracking success!!

+12
NigelUno
Cameron
TravelinMan
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
Trapper Gus
Motown Spartan
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
RQA
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Four day work week trial was a cracking success!! Empty Four day work week trial was a cracking success!!

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-21, 19:25

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/world/4-day-work-week-trial-yields-overwhelming-success-in-u-k-researchers-say

A trial of a four-day workweek in Britain, billed as the world's largest, has found that an overwhelming majority of the 61 companies that participated from June to December will keep going with the shorter hours and that most employees were less stressed and had better work-life balance.
That was all while companies reported revenue largely stayed the same during the trial period last year and even grew compared with the same six months a year earlier, according to findings released this week.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Four day work week trial was a cracking success!! Empty Re: Four day work week trial was a cracking success!!

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-21, 19:48

We say we need to improve people’s mental health but we will continue to demand that they grind themselves to the bone while suckling at capitalism’s teet.

Anyway good idea we should all do that but we will not
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Four day work week trial was a cracking success!! Empty Re: Four day work week trial was a cracking success!!

Post by RQA 2023-02-22, 05:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:We say we need to improve people’s mental health but we will continue to demand that they grind themselves to the bone while suckling at capitalism’s teet.

Workn' 40 hours too tough on you guys?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-22, 08:20

the toxic 5 day work week, and the hours expected, is a bizarre most have grown to accept. I'm not overly versed in the areas of worker history in America, but if the talk of a post-pandemic "workers market" is real, it's a good thing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-22, 08:34

RQA wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:We say we need to improve people’s mental health but we will continue to demand that they grind themselves to the bone while suckling at capitalism’s teet.

Fuck off twat
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-22, 08:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
RQA wrote:

Fuck off twat

Riding on horseback for an hour and a half to get to work isn’t to tough on me. Only pussies drive a motorized vehicle.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-22, 08:42

Honestly I can complete my job requirements for the week in 40 hours. I could also do it in 32 if I chose too
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-02-22, 08:44

The work week should be seven days and a minimum 10 hours per day. Child labor laws should be relaxed, too. Napping during 6am and 6pm should be a felony. This is how we win!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-22, 09:45

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Fuck off twat

Riding on horseback for an hour and a half to get to work isn’t to tough on me. Only pussies drive a motorized vehicle.

It’s just not possible to blame all of our problems on mental health issues, say you want to correct them, then not talk earnestly about things that could actually help people not hate their lives so much.

Unless you don’t actually want to change anything and just want a convenient excuse. Which is of course what the meaning of “it’s mental health” always is
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-22, 10:59

My wife works four 10s. Three days in the office, one at home, and every Friday off. It's fantastic. And she was just recognized by her corporate overlords for her integrity with a major award.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-22, 11:13

RQA wrote:

Fewer work days do not reduce work hours, however, for staff that is not employed by the hour what do work hours matter?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-22, 11:30

Motown Spartan wrote:My wife works four 10s. Three days in the office, one at home, and every Friday off. It's fantastic. And she was just recognized by her corporate overlords for her integrity with a major award.
they gave her a leg lamp?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, InTenSity, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-22, 11:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:My wife works four 10s. Three days in the office, one at home, and every Friday off. It's fantastic. And she was just recognized by her corporate overlords for her integrity with a major award.
they gave her a leg lamp?

LOL, just the response I was hoping for. Actually, a family trip to Toronto for three days and then Vancouver for four days for the presentation at the shareholders meeting. She's pretty amazing, her "boss" called me to talk about it and I was a puddle of tears. Anyways, when they were asking for nominations, 50 or so people replied, and every single one of those nominations was for my wife. WTF is a gal like that doing with a goofball like me???
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-22, 11:38

Is anyone having a problem with private entities determining what’s best for their bottom line?

Asking for small government types.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-02-22, 11:44

4 day work week, 4x10 for those who want to bypass math is possible.

It takes cars off the road, means less unpaid leave for doctor and dentist appointments.

What it also does is expose employers who want to slide in .5 to 1 hour per day over 5 days to squeeze employees into overtime.

Watching how employers are shifting from 80%-100% work at home to hybrid or lose employees to companies that offer 4/1 or 3-2 at office / at home the dinosaurs are going to be left in the dust.

Steelcase, Herman Miller, Haworth and other office furniture manufacturers are all ready adapting unlike the nihilist trolls that populate this board.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-02-22, 15:15

Motown Spartan wrote:And she was just recognized by her corporate overlords for her integrity with a major award.

I'm assuming her corporate overlords are not aware of her choice of husband ...
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-22, 15:24

RQA wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:And she was just recognized by her corporate overlords for her integrity with a major award.

I'm assuming her corporate overlords are not aware of her choice of husband ...

Scroll just a little bit further and you'll see the self-own.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-22, 15:42

Same with my wife... and they just made her "Director" of the joint.

(I have a sugar momma now... woot)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-22, 15:45

Motown Spartan wrote:WTF is a gal like that doing with a goofball like me???

I believe I can speak for the board when I say scratch Four day work week trial was a cracking success!! 2599972566
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-22, 15:58

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: they gave her a leg lamp?

LOL, just the response I was hoping for. Actually, a family trip to Toronto for three days and then Vancouver for four days for the presentation at the shareholders meeting. She's pretty amazing, her "boss" called me to talk about it and I was a puddle of tears. Anyways, when they were asking for nominations, 50 or so people replied, and every single one of those nominations was for my wife. WTF is a gal like that doing with a goofball like me???
same here..

I can barely tie my shoes, I take 2-3 naps a day.. drink way too much, own too many albums. My lovely wife of nearly 29 years is a recovering government attorney who left her palatial office in the supreme court building when she was lured away by the private/corporate sector.

she's not only smart, but she's cooler than the other side of the pillow.

then there's me. Four day work week trial was a cracking success!! 502811600

in my (our?) defense, I do maintain a nice lawn, I shovel the driveway like a maniac, I'm a (somewhat) lean, (not real) mean aerobic machine with a sense of dry wit that she adores as long as it's not aimed at her. I've been a so-so husband but a good dad.

I reckon she could do worse.

Cheers to us, home skillet. Four day work week trial was a cracking success!! 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-02-23, 08:51

GRR Spartan wrote: means less unpaid leave for doctor and dentist

The doctors and dentists will want the same work schedule, won't they?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-23, 10:23

RQA wrote:

Don't know many Doctors, do you?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-23, 11:31

RQA wrote:

Ok, let them also have the same schedule. I know this is a novel concept to you, but people that want a better work life balance also want a better work life balance for others. Yes, there are people in this world that actually want other people to have better lives. I know you're shocked, you can sit down and take a minute with this one.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-23, 11:45

RQA wrote:

There's some real softies up in here.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-23, 11:47

I wish there were a way to address mental health AND spend more time with our kids.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-23, 11:50

Are we really shocked that the pro life family values crowd would balk at the idea of more time with their families?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-23, 11:58

kingstonlake wrote:Are we really shocked that the pro life family values crowd would balk at the idea of more time with their families?

Nope. It's the "Abortions for me, but not for thee" party so we know they have nothing but disdain for their own families.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-02-23, 12:29

My schedule varies from week to week. When the hours are equal, working 4 days is vastly preferable to working 5.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-23, 12:55

Cameron wrote:My schedule varies from week to week. When the hours are equal, working 4 days is vastly preferable to working 5.

INSANITY
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-23, 13:13

RQA wrote:

Life is hard when you're message boarding at 5:30 a.m.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-02-23, 13:33

Shocking Wink we're hearing demeaning comments from the 2 usual white guys who still believe the Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers lobbying efforts.

Same folks are still supporting the fossil fuel lobby too.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-23, 14:26

GRR Spartan wrote:Shocking Wink we're hearing demeaning comments from the 2 usual white guys who still believe the Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers lobbying efforts.

I do find a curious overlap between the "Kill the 40 hour work week" and the "OMG, pay me a living wage, I don't make enough money" groups.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-23, 14:33

TravelinMan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Shocking Wink we're hearing demeaning comments from the 2 usual white guys who still believe the Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers lobbying efforts.

I do find a curious overlap between the "Kill the 40 hour work week" and the "OMG, pay me a living wage, I don't make enough money" groups.

4 x 10 = 40

Math is hard.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-23, 14:34

Society is evolving. Old white men don't know what to do.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-02-23, 14:56

TravelinMan wrote:

5x8 = 10 x Y

Solve for Y

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-02-23, 15:04

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
RQA wrote:

Don't know many Doctors, do you?

More than you without a doubt.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-02-23, 15:06

TravelinMan wrote:

They still want you to work for their stuff ....
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-02-23, 15:07

NigelUno wrote:

You do know that when it's 5:30am it's not 5:30am everywhere, don't you?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-23, 15:24

TravelinMan wrote:

Do you? Is there a big overlap? What percentage of workers are falling into both groups?

Thanks in advance.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-23, 15:27

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You do know that when it's 5:30am it's not 5:30am everywhere, don't you?

Rough work week? Get your hours in, son.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next