Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation

+31
Turtleneck
Rick Saunders
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
Zurn
CaptainSlow33
InTenSity
The Pantry
Nordic
gomersbro
Dendrobates
aualum06
DWags
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Pervis Muldoon
steveschneider
NigelUno
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
PennSpartan
Trapper Gus
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
MrMojoRisin
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
35 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation - Page 3 Empty Re: ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Even a dumb ass deserves due process. Otherwise every idiot with a grudge or looking to make a quick buck would be making claims against a $90 million man.
Yeah I mean he has that though. I’m not basing my wanting him gone on anything other than his own statements in the piece. If those are accurate, regardless of how much worse it might be based on what she says, then yeah get outta here.

Oh, I want him gone for sure. With cause. Looking at the time line, the call occurred in April '22. She made her claim in December. He claimed it was consensual in March '23. That means MSU has been sitting on this for 6 fucking months, knowing it would only be a matter of time until it gets out. Maybe they were hoping to make it thru the season to get to prime coach hiring season?

Also, Amber Rinestine left the program in May. And the interim president recently decided not to stay. Coincidence?

Last edited by Heat Miser on Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:05; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

TravelinMan and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation - Page 3 Empty Re: ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation

Post by gomersbro Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:05

Trapper Gus wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

AD Haller can (and should) suspend Tucker by this evening, no later than tomorrow.  

There will be lawyers involved along with the BOT and interim President signing off to terminate the remainder of Tucker’s contract. That will take more time.

Then the fun starts hiring a new coach that meets with the BOT’s approval and possibly before the BOT approves a new MSU president.

Don't know what MSU was thinking. He should have been suspended upon the filing of the claim.

Yes I don't understand why he wasn't suspended immediately. I understand innocent until proven guilty and the suspension would raise questions, but it is the only right solution.
gomersbro
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:07

gomersbro wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

AD Haller can (and should) suspend Tucker by this evening, no later than tomorrow.  

There will be lawyers involved along with the BOT and interim President signing off to terminate the remainder of Tucker’s contract. That will take more time.

Then the fun starts hiring a new coach that meets with the BOT’s approval and possibly before the BOT approves a new MSU president.

Don't know what MSU was thinking. He should have been suspended upon the filing of the claim.

Yes I don't understand why he wasn't suspended immediately. I understand innocent until proven guilty and the suspension would raise questions, but it is the only right solution.

Maybe not when the claim was filed, but certainly when he admitted it was consensual in his opinion.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:07

I'd bet a dollar to a donut that the new coach is Courtney Hawkins.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:09

On a lighter note- I woke up with one of my kids at 530, got them quickly back to sleep. I honestly thought to myself “I wonder how Peyton Thorne did the rest of the night at auburn. Let’s take a quick peak at the old cell phone, then I’ll go back to sleep.”

My cell phone-

ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation - Page 3 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5sg7c1229tf6dztxsd3p5vtp4m4ivep00679gipzn&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:17

I hope so.

Couch: Mel Tucker has likely coached his last game at Michigan State
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:40

Tick tock MSU response needs to be sooner rather than later
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:49

aualum06 wrote:Tick tock MSU response needs to be sooner rather than later

I wouldn't expect anything until tomorrow.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:50

Took the school about 24 hours to suspend players for a tunnel fracas before an investigation even started…..
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:52

kingstonlake wrote:Took the school about 24 hours to suspend players for a tunnel fracas before an investigation even started…..

None of them had $80 million left on their contract.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

The Pantry, duffy munn, Pervis Muldoon and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:52

DWags wrote:I'd bet a dollar to a donut that the new coach is Courtney Hawkins.
That would be awesome!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:54

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Took the school about 24 hours to suspend players for a tunnel fracas before an investigation even started…..

I mean they could have still suspended him.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:56

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Tick tock MSU response needs to be sooner rather than later

I wouldn't expect anything until tomorrow.

They have had plenty of time to form a response it's not like this came out of the blue
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 14:57

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I mean they could have still suspended him.

Well, it's only been 12ish hours since the news broke. People need to sleep and at the very least a press release has to be crafted and approved. I'd say do it tomorrow and make damn fucking sure it's done right.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

kingstonlake and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:05

I'm still not happy with the way that was handled by MSU.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:38

It’s 2:37. Mel Tucker is still the coach? Why? If Michigan State was so stupid, not to plan for this and a contingency, where they very well might have had to fire a coach, then they deserve everything they got I would go into every contract with the idea that we will have to fire the couch. But then again, I’m talking Michigan State so that most likely wasn’t the case.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:40

DWags wrote:It’s 2:37. Mel Tucker is still the coach? Why? If Michigan State was so stupid, not to plan for this and a contingency, where they very well might have had to fire a coach, then they deserve everything they got I would go into every contract with the idea that we will have to fire the couch. But then again, I’m talking Michigan State so that most likely wasn’t the case.

Tick tick tick
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:42

It's Sunday, what's your hurry? I'm sure they have it all lined up in the program... let them officially dot their ts and cross the is and have some media thing tomorrow or whatever. Kids need to be talked to this afternoon though.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

But, what kind of stone cold fucking moron do you have to be to get mixed up with this person? Like you have to be a complete imbecile to act as he did in his own story, nevermind hers. 

This. Full stop for me.

Last edited by Nordic on Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:52; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:51

AvgMSUJoe wrote:It's Sunday, what's your hurry? I'm sure they have it all lined up in the program... let them officially dot their ts and cross the is and have some media thing tomorrow or whatever. Kids need to be talked to this afternoon though.

This. I assume Haller can't/won't/shouldn't do this unilaterally and certainly doesn't want to do it half assed. Gotta talk to the president and possibly the BoT. It's Sunday. People have families. Setup the calls. Have the calls. Craft a press release. Talk to coach jerk off. Talk to the staff and whomever will be interim coach. Talk to the players. Address questions/comments/concerns with everybody. This shit takes time.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:55

Heat Miser wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:It's Sunday, what's your hurry? I'm sure they have it all lined up in the program... let them officially dot their ts and cross the is and have some media thing tomorrow or whatever. Kids need to be talked to this afternoon though.

This. I assume Haller can't/won't/shouldn't do this unilaterally and certainly doesn't want to do it half assed. Gotta talk to the president and possibly the BoT. It's Sunday. People have families. Setup the calls. Have the calls. Craft a press release. Talk to coach jerk off. Talk to the staff and whomever will be interim coach. Talk to the players. Address questions/comments/concerns with everybody. This shit takes time.
This should already have been done, MSU has been caught unprepared again even though they knew for at least a month this was coming
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 15:59

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

This should already have been done, MSU has been caught unprepared again even though they knew for at least a month this was coming

Talking to staff and players should've already been done? When exactly? And talking about it formally with the BoT ahead of time? Are you familiar our BoT? The chance of that being leaked to the press is 100%.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:00

DWags wrote:I'd bet a dollar to a donut that the new coach is Courtney Hawkins.

I would think you'd keep the coordinators in place (and not make one of them Head Coach).

Hawkins makes sense. Or Barnett?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:03

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Talking to staff and players should've already been done? When exactly? And talking about it formally with the BoT ahead of time? Are you familiar our BoT? The chance of that being leaked to the press is 100%.

Uh yeah I'm not sure Tuck should have started fall camp as the coach
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:07

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

He admitted to the "consensual" act in March. I'm not sure he should've been coach for spring practices. But none of that matters now.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:09

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

He admitted to the "consensual" act in March. I'm not sure he should've been coach for spring practices. But none of that matters now.

Yeah MSU waiting for the media to break this before responding is very on brand of not being prepared
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:10

[tw]1700949473688531126?t=MC8_Re1PAfjtRwY_8n-N2w&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:13

Press conference at 5:00 today.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:15

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Yeah MSU waiting for the media to break this before responding is very on brand of not being prepared

Meh. That's pretty much how it goes with every program. Look at Northwestern, Iowa, and Iowa State for the most recent examples.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:22

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

It's possible MSU leaked the story.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:24

NigelUno wrote:
aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

It's possible MSU leaked the story.

That wouldn't surprise me at all.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:29

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

There are people within the Athletic Department and MSU administration who knew there was a complaint made and the complaint was investigated. Whether it was days or months doesn’t matter because they had to wait until the complaint was filed, people interviewed and administration, including MSU’s legal counsel waited for the findings. MSU wasn’t going to fire Tucker before the investigation was completed and their lawyers reviewed the findings.

This is a helluva a lot more complex than firing a football coach in his 4th season because too many football games are being lost and the AD starts looking at their list of potential replacements.

MSU has 8 years remaining on its contract with Tucker. We see it as cut and dry stuff but right now its $76M over 8 years left on a contract or at least 150% of MSU’s BTN check that shows up in June 2024.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:32

Coach D coming back with Barnett in charge??
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:33

aualum06 wrote:Coach D coming back with Barnett in charge??

what?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Coach D coming back with Barnett in charge??

what?

That's the rumor, Barnett interm coach and Coach D coming on board in some role
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:36

[tw]1700955923026460966?t=SRYhFdHoDr0EqBEe3b-fDA&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:36

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

A Month? Way longer. They should have had lawyers, board members priests rabies musicians exorcists goblins Sherpa’s all in meetings regarding this and asking wtf do we do. Then, just like that secret committee Haller put together to agree to a home game in Detroit, come to an agreement and had it ready to go.

MSU athletics. Mtv’s New Jersey Shore with balls and pucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:39

[tw]1700951440783520097[/tw]
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:40

Corey is a little bit of an insider

[tw]1700951440783520097?t=5OBCJ_AtEmbdpPO4iMyyTA&s=19[/tw]

Last edited by aualum06 on Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:40; edited 1 time in total
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 10 Sep 2023 - 16:40

aualum06 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

what?

That's the rumor, Barnett interm coach and Coach D coming on board in some role
I think that’s just coming from this dude. Pretty sus. He seems to sometimes know some stuff but other times is just making things up. Grain of salt

[tw]1700947990062436657[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next