Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation

+31
Turtleneck
Rick Saunders
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
Zurn
CaptainSlow33
InTenSity
The Pantry
Nordic
gomersbro
Dendrobates
aualum06
DWags
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Pervis Muldoon
steveschneider
NigelUno
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
PennSpartan
Trapper Gus
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
MrMojoRisin
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
35 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation - Page 22 Empty Re: ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation

Post by Turtleneck 2023-12-29, 12:37

Report: MSU board did not leak Mel Tucker's accuser's name to media

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2023/12/29/report-msu-board-did-not-leak-mel-tuckers-accusers-name-to-media/72057790007/

While investigators did not find evidence of a leak of Tracy's name, they did find that someone associated with the MSU Board of Trustees leaked Tracy's attorney Karen Truszkowski's statement about a trustee being behind the leak of Tracy's name to the State News, MSU's student newspaper. They were unable to determine which of the 12 people who received the draft statement — the eight trustees, the board secretary, Interim President Teresa Woodruff, Woodruff's chief of staff and MSU spokesperson Emily Guerrant — leaked it, however.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation - Page 22 Empty Re: ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-12-29, 12:56

Turtleneck wrote:Report: MSU board did not leak Mel Tucker's accuser's name to media

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2023/12/29/report-msu-board-did-not-leak-mel-tuckers-accusers-name-to-media/72057790007/

While investigators did not find evidence of a leak of Tracy's name, they did find that someone associated with the MSU Board of Trustees leaked Tracy's attorney Karen Truszkowski's statement about a trustee being behind the leak of Tracy's name to the State News, MSU's student newspaper. They were unable to determine which of the 12 people who received the draft statement — the eight trustees, the board secretary, Interim President Teresa Woodruff, Woodruff's chief of staff and MSU spokesperson Emily Guerrant — leaked it, however.

Truszkowski alleged that one of the trustees leaked the information to the media, but Jones Day was unable to prove that, and instead found evidence refuting it, according to the 13-page report. Truszkowski's tip that a trustee leaked the information came from a reporter, who had heard it from an unidentified source.

"We uncovered no credible evidence that Trustee X actually knew the complainant’s identity prior to its public disclosure on September 10, 2023," investigators wrote.

This is not going to help Tucker's case against MSU, I would think.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-29, 13:37

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Report: MSU board did not leak Mel Tucker's accuser's name to media

Truszkowski alleged that one of the trustees leaked the information to the media, but Jones Day was unable to prove that, and instead found evidence refuting it, according to the 13-page report. Truszkowski's tip that a trustee leaked the information came from a reporter, who had heard it from an unidentified source.

"We uncovered no credible evidence that Trustee X actually knew the complainant’s identity prior to its public disclosure on September 10, 2023," investigators wrote.

This is not going to help Tucker's case against MSU, I would think.

That's a shame. Mel needs to apply for a job with a USFL team, and move on with his life.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-12-29, 14:08

I'm guessing Brenda Tracy may have leaked it herself.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-12-29, 14:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm guessing Brenda Tracy may have leaked it herself.

It has always seemed more likely that the reporter heard about it because there were people at USA Today working on it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-30, 17:20

[tw]1785398090066727035?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-30, 17:43

DWags wrote:[tw]1785398090066727035?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]

Sounds like Mel
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-30, 17:52

Scumbags gonna scumbag.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-30, 18:23

Tuck comin

lol remember that good times
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-04-30, 20:54

Kenneth Walker might be the best player in the history of college football. The 2021 season makes no sense without Walker simply being the best ever.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-30, 22:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Tuck comin

lol remember that good times

I’m so glad I didn’t spend any money on those Dartmouth t-shirts. Damn near pulled the trigger on two of them.

ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation - Page 22 Img_8410
ESPN: Sources: Michigan St.'s Tucker subject of sexual harassment investigation - Page 22 Img_8411
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-10, 14:34

More Mel news out today:

In bid to keep divorce private, ex-MSU coach Mel Tucker says he needs money to sue school

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/investigations/2024/05/10/mel-tucker-michigan-state-coach-lawsuit-divorce-update/73642941007/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2024-05-10, 15:19

tGreenWay wrote:More Mel news out today:

In bid to keep divorce private, ex-MSU coach Mel Tucker says he needs money to sue school

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/investigations/2024/05/10/mel-tucker-michigan-state-coach-lawsuit-divorce-update/73642941007/

Paywalled, but the headline makes me think none of the "pay only if you win" ambulance chaser types want any part of this. Which means his case sucks?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-10, 17:23

Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:More Mel news out today:

Paywalled, but the headline makes me think none of the "pay only if you win" ambulance chaser types want any part of this. Which means his case sucks?

He wants to shut down all info so his soon to be ex and her attorney can’t speak to reporters. The less info MSU has, he claims, the better his chances of winning his suit against the school, which would mean more cash for both of them (and the lawyers).
Fat chance. Mel slimed himself and tarnished the reputation of MSU in the process, making his chance of a win slim.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-17, 07:08

In more Trucker lawsuit news, Tucker gets a win in his ongoing legal battles.

https://www.wilx.com/2024/05/16/mel-tucker-appear-court-connection-case-between-him-brenda-tracy/?outputType=amp

What it means that he can use the text messages I guess time will tell.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-05-17, 08:19

Trapper Gus wrote:In more Trucker lawsuit news, Tucker gets a win in his ongoing legal battles.

https://www.wilx.com/2024/05/16/mel-tucker-appear-court-connection-case-between-him-brenda-tracy/?outputType=amp

I think it's bad for Brenda.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-17, 09:14

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:In more Trucker lawsuit news, Tucker gets a win in his ongoing legal battles.

I think so, too, though if Tucker can show MSU didn't manage the investigation correctly she might get part of that action?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-05-17, 09:41

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think so, too, though if Tucker can show MSU didn't manage the investigation correctly she might get part of that action?

I think MSU's only financial liability to her might be a payment for an appearance that Tucker canceled.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-05-17, 10:43

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I think MSU's only financial liability to her might be a payment for an appearance that Tucker canceled.  

If Tucker can prove all of this *should* have been a secretive investigation... and it *should* have never leaked to the administration/press/etc. Would he be due the rest of his contract because their would have been no "fault" for him to be fired for?

EIDT: You know what, since college sports are just a clusterfuck of billionaires pissing away money and an allegiance to one's school goes about as far as a swift kick in the nuts... I really don't give a shit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-05-17, 11:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

If Tucker can prove all of this *should* have been a secretive investigation... and it *should* have never leaked to the administration/press/etc. Would he be due the rest of his contract because their would have been no "fault" for him to be fired for?

EIDT: You know what, since college sports are just a clusterfuck of billionaires pissing away money and an allegiance to one's school goes about as far as a swift kick in the nuts... I really don't give a shit.

Bump mortgage rates up 0.01 % and call it square.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-05-17, 13:40

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He had a "secret" consensual relationship with a vendor, and then canceled her appearance.

If that's his defense...good luck to him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-05-17, 13:55

NigelUno wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

He had a "secret" consensual relationship with a vendor, and then canceled her appearance.

I know he's actually in the wrong but...
If no one was supposed to have known he was wrong, and there is no way to prove his wrongness would otherwise have been made public, He would still have his job today. So really, the leak got him fired, not the act.
(one could make the argument)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-05-17, 14:28

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

If no one was supposed to have known he was wrong, and there is no way to prove his wrongness would otherwise have been made public, He would still have his job today. So really, the leak got him fired, not the act.

Not sure what University policy is regarding "secret" consensual relationships with vendors, or canceling appearances/fees because girl is crazy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-05-17, 15:07

NigelUno wrote:
Not sure what University policy is regarding "secret" consensual relationships with vendors, or canceling appearances/fees because girl is crazy.

With title 9, every investigation is confidential....(theoretically) if he won that case, "University" would never have known about any of this without the leak.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-05-17, 16:48

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

With title 9, every investigation is confidential....(theoretically) if he won that case, "University" would never have known about any of this without the leak.

Brenda was going to release info though. And did.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-17, 18:08

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Agree with this.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-17, 18:45

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yes and no. Any information the University uncovers is forwarded to the appropriate police and prosecutor. That’s why no smart criminal defense lawyer lets their accused client answer questions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-17, 18:52

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The school has policies in place, including things you can’t do. It’s not things you can’t do unless we don’t find out about it. There’s also the part of a standard coaching contract which says you can’t do something that will bring embarrassment to the school or put the school in a bad light, and if it happens the coach can be fired for cause. That’s what happened here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22