Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+30
GRR Spartan
HT
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
green night
Vlad
Giant Moose
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
The_Dude
NigelUno
He Got It!
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
tTito
Rocinante
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
34 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Heat Miser 2015-05-15, 09:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Seems they don't have a problem with it. Why do you?

https://twitter.com/MSUDreamTeam16/status/595775151179964416
I don't. I think it's super weird that 40 year old men like yourself are all up in the reportedly high school kids panties however.

Yeah that's what I am..."up in his panties". Rolling Eyes Clearly you do have a problem with it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Heat Miser 2015-05-15, 09:51

LooseGoose wrote:
"It's a big factor, because Michigan State can take low-star guys and make them into great athletes and All-Americans,'' Vance said. "I want to be able to be taught, and not just playing. I want to be taught the game and learn everything about the game and be great.''

Cass Tech's Demetric Vance: Why he picked Michigan State over Ohio State and Michigan

1st paragraph:

Demetric Vance said 'No" to some of the biggest coaching figures in the Big Ten, as Urban Meyer, James Franklin, Jim Harbaugh and Kirk Ferentz all came at the Cass Tech junior with scholarship offers.

Rolling Eyes

1. So Mark Dantonio is not "some of the biggest coaching figures in the Big Ten"?
2. Ferentz? Really??
3. Franklin? Guy has done nothing other than recruit well. Hairball hasn't even done that yet.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-15, 09:56

Heat, reread that paragraph
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-05-15, 10:21

Ass Dan wrote:Heat, reread that paragraph

To me it implies Vance passed on the "big names" to play for the lesser/unknown Spartans/Coach D. Just reads as the typical Blue Wall backhanded compliment to me. Surprised I haven't seen the "commitments aren't binding until NSD" disclaimer.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-15, 10:54

Heat Miser wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:Heat, reread that paragraph

To me it implies Vance passed on the "big names" to play for the lesser/unknown Spartans/Coach D. Just reads as the typical Blue Wall backhanded compliment to me. Surprised I haven't seen the "commitments aren't binding until NSD" disclaimer.

I think you might be looking for something that's possibly not even there. We'll do our thing regardless of what the media says, and if they want to keep labeling us as this underdog, that works for me. MSU football does its best work when we have a chip on our shoulder.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-15, 12:40

No he's right. There is STILL a general notion that MSU is not one of the big boys. It's a bluebloods thing. Oregon has been right there for about the same amount of time, though, and I'd argue they have the same perception problem. I think it's the old sportswriter curse. The notion that the world is better with a strong Penn State or Michigan is a national perception because of old farts. They'll die off eventually.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-05-15, 13:07

Rocinante wrote:No he's right. There is STILL a general notion that MSU is not one of the big boys. It's a bluebloods thing. Oregon has been right there for about the same amount of time, though, and I'd argue they have the same perception problem. I think it's the old sportswriter curse. The notion that the world is better with a strong Penn State or Michigan is a national perception because of old farts. They'll die off eventually.

How long does a blue blood have to suck before it isn't a blue blood anymore?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-15, 14:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Rocinante wrote:No he's right. There is STILL a general notion that MSU is not one of the big boys. It's a bluebloods thing. Oregon has been right there for about the same amount of time, though, and I'd argue they have the same perception problem. I think it's the old sportswriter curse. The notion that the world is better with a strong Penn State or Michigan is a national perception because of old farts. They'll die off eventually.

How long does a blue blood have to suck before it isn't a blue blood anymore?
Ask Harvard or Princeton. I have no idea, who came up with Blue Bloods.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-15, 14:08

Things could change quickly the first week of June, as three of the Spartans' top defensive line targets plan to announce their schools of choice within days of one another.

Josh King, the No. 1-ranked prospect in Illinois and No. 6 defensive end in the nation, according to 247sports, has narrowed his list of schools to three.

"I'm ready, I'm ready to go. I've been contemplating it and I've narrowed it down from a top five to a top three,'' King said in a 247sports story, according to an SI.com site. "I'm really feeling strong about Penn State and (Michigan State) is up there and USC most definitely. I'm still talking to coaches and I'm still talking to players."

Michigan State DE target Josh King, No. 1 in Illinois, has Spartans in top 3 with Penn State, USC
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-15, 16:05

Chambers, along with his fellow 2016 classmates, know they have something special in the making.

“[It’s] definitely the ultimate goal to bring a national title,” he said. “Our goal is to go from top-10 to top-five. Maybe even the top one.”

The class of 2016 seems to be closer than any in recent memory for the Spartans.

“We’re really a brotherhood. We talk so much and we are always on the phone with each other. We are trying to build the best class,” Chambers said. “[My relationship with Messiah deWeaver] is definitely a friendship bond. We are building towards something on the field as well. We are actually talking about rooming with each other next year.”

As for the 2016 “DreamTeam” Twitter accounted created by Adams, Chambers and deWeaver, it seems to be making a splash around the nation.

“The Dream Team page is going well. Right now we’re just trying be honest with it,” he said. “Without a doubt it’s created a whole lot of buzz. Not just throughout the area, but throughout the country.”

Chambers claimed that there have been recruits who have reached out to the page who were a little unexpected. That’s a big deal moving forward for Michigan State recruiting as the rest of the nation is beginning to take notice of what these guys are putting together.

There seem to be a few silent commits right now as these guys talk on a regular basis. Obviously, he’s not going to reveal the names, but he’s giving the idea that the class is far from done growing.

Cam Chambers: We are trying to build the best class at MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-05-15, 19:15

LooseGoose wrote:
Things could change quickly the first week of June, as three of the Spartans' top defensive line targets plan to announce their schools of choice within days of one another.

Josh King, the No. 1-ranked prospect in Illinois and No. 6 defensive end in the nation, according to 247sports, has narrowed his list of schools to three.

"I'm ready, I'm ready to go. I've been contemplating it and I've narrowed it down from a top five to a top three,'' King said in a 247sports story, according to an SI.com site. "I'm really feeling strong about Penn State and (Michigan State) is up there and USC most definitely. I'm still talking to coaches and I'm still talking to players."

Michigan State DE target Josh King, No. 1 in Illinois, has Spartans in top 3 with Penn State, USC

Unpossible.... Sam Webb said Michigan leads for King
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-05-16, 08:54

LooseGoose wrote:
"It's a big factor, because Michigan State can take low-star guys and make them into great athletes and All-Americans,'' Vance said. "I want to be able to be taught, and not just playing. I want to be taught the game and learn everything about the game and be great.''

Cass Tech's Demetric Vance: Why he picked Michigan State over Ohio State and Michigan

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 12 My_point_exactly._Good_to_see_that_people_see_it_d132975652374dd27d77f0b722a8d63f

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 12 Latest?cb=20140309024441
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-17, 09:41

"People talk about brotherhood and they're just saying it for publicity. With us, it's real," said Cam Chambers, a "four-star" receiver from Sicklerville, N.J., who was MSU's first 2016 commitment, back in August, and is now working hard to bring in more. "Coach Dantonio, that's how he recruits, he finds people that fit the mold, fit the chemistry. It's like he's running Match.com or something.

"Everybody gets along and everybody talks — it seems like morning to night, every day. It's pretty cool."

Receiver Donnie Corley (Detroit King), safety Kenney Lyke (Palatine, Ill.) and defensive ends Josh King (Darien, Ill.) and Auston Robertson (Fort Wayne, Ind.) are among the celebrated targets close to decisions and viewed as MSU leans by some analysts. Some may have privately chosen MSU already.

That was the case with deWeaver, long before his announcement. And all who pick the Spartans are added to an ongoing group text deWeaver started. That's where the "real" talk happens, not on the Twitter account.

"It seems like we're adding people to it every night," deWeaver said.

"I think people are not talking enough about the big story here, the group text message that is going on," said Steve Wiltfong, national recruiting analyst for 247Sports.com. "The Twitter account, other people do that and that is what people see publicly, but this is different. You want to go to college with people you enjoy being around. I believe recruiting is a game of inches, and this is another way Michigan State is capitalizing on every inch right now."

This kind of communication helping committed prospects recruit others "has predecessors," said Josh Helmholdt of Rivals.com, but "Michigan State is in the mold where they're perfecting it."

Chambers said he calls Curtis Blackwell, MSU's director of college advancement and performance — unofficially, MSU's recruiting strategist — often to keep up on MSU targets so he and others can get in touch. In most cases, relationships already are in place, and that's no accident.

MSU recruits urge others to join family via social media
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-17, 15:15

These guys are enjoying this almost too much.....

Messiah deWeaver ‏@Siah_10 1h1 hour ago
Messiah deWeaver retweeted Cam Chambers
who's next ?  

Messiah deWeaver added,
Cam Chambers @justcallme_cam
Yo @Siah_10 I'm not sure if they are ready for what's about to come next.....
#MSUtakeover
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-17, 15:19

Derek Young ‏@DYoungScout 2h2 hours ago

4-star ASA (JuCo) offensive tackle Charles Baldwin confirms new #MichiganState offer - came from Dantonio http://recruiting.scout.com/player/8395387n-charles-baldwin … @AllenTrieu
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-17, 16:14

I have a feeling this Jweibs thing is not going to end well. This kid has become the biggest social media rock star in MSU recruiting history. How long can he go on making twitter graphics for verbal commitments on Twitter with middle aged men drooling over the next hint of information on where a high school football player will decide to attend college?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-17, 16:30

Herbie Green wrote:I have a feeling this Jweibs thing is not going to end well. This kid has become the biggest social media rock star in MSU recruiting history. How long can he go on making twitter graphics for verbal commitments on Twitter with middle aged men drooling over the next hint of information on where a high school football player will decide to attend college?

Luckily the reputation of tSwill will remain unsullied.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-05-17, 16:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I have a feeling this Jweibs thing is not going to end well. This kid has become the biggest social media rock star in MSU recruiting history. How long can he go on making twitter graphics for verbal commitments on Twitter with middle aged men drooling over the next hint of information on where a high school football player will decide to attend college?

Luckily the reputation of tSwill will remain unsullied.

Which is all that matters, when you think about it.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-17, 16:52

From the chatter amongst them sounds like a new commit is about to go.....if this is true then it's Corley.

Messiah deWeaver ‏@Siah_10 1m1 minute ago
Two of the best receivers in the USA are coming to michigan state ! Shall we add a 3rd ?
.... From Detroit, Michigan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-17, 17:01

LooseGoose wrote:These guys are enjoying this almost too much.....

Messiah deWeaver ‏@Siah_10 1h1 hour ago
Messiah deWeaver retweeted Cam Chambers
who's next ?  

Messiah deWeaver added,
Cam Chambers @justcallme_cam
Yo @Siah_10 I'm not sure if they are ready for what's about to come next.....
#MSUtakeover

Just let them have fun with it. They love MSU and want to recruit people here and are having fun getting MSU fans all excited.

There's worse things in the world for them to have fun with.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-17, 17:05

HT wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:These guys are enjoying this almost too much.....

Just let them have fun with it. They love MSU and want to recruit people here and are having fun getting MSU fans all excited.

There's worse things in the world for them to have fun with.

I agree.....let the recruits have fun.  It'll draw even more in.

Messiah deWeaver ‏@Siah_10 3m3 minutes ago
Messiah deWeaver retweeted Ghost
And one of the top Corners in the Country ...... He's from Detroit too!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-17, 17:07

Herbie Green wrote:I have a feeling this Jweibs thing is not going to end well. This kid has become the biggest social media rock star in MSU recruiting history.  How long can he go on making twitter graphics for verbal commitments on Twitter with middle aged men drooling over the next hint of information on where a high school football player will decide to attend college?

Or, it'll end really great for the guy. He'll have cache with people in the program after this signing day, and maybe he could use those connections to get an internship working for the football program making designs to mail to recruits. Some of his stuff is honestly better than what the football staff puts out on Instagram.

It is kind of weird how much older guys are hanging on his words, but I think/hope that kid knows what he's getting into by posting on a message board and will be able to handle it.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-17, 17:09

LooseGoose wrote:From the chatter amongst them sounds like a new commit is about to go.....if this is true then it's Corley.

Two of the best receivers in the USA are coming to michigan state ! Shall we add a 3rd ?

Corley would be such a good add. I hope our commits aren't accidentally stealing the moment from others who have yet to commit and then it sours them on joining that class. That's really my only concern with all the buzz.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-17, 17:58

HT wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:From the chatter amongst them sounds like a new commit is about to go.....if this is true then it's Corley.

Corley would be such a good add. I hope our commits aren't accidentally stealing the moment from others who have yet to commit and then it sours them on joining that class. That's really my only concern with all the buzz.

So far at least they're building the buzz, what you're fearing could happen but I don't think we're there yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-17, 19:56

HT wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I have a feeling this Jweibs thing is not going to end well. This kid has become the biggest social media rock star in MSU recruiting history.  How long can he go on making twitter graphics for verbal commitments on Twitter with middle aged men drooling over the next hint of information on where a high school football player will decide to attend college?

Or, it'll end really great for the guy. He'll have cache with people in the program after this signing day, and maybe he could use those connections to get an internship working for the football program making designs to mail to recruits. Some of his stuff is honestly better than what the football staff puts out on Instagram.

It is kind of weird how much older guys are hanging on his words, but I think/hope that kid knows what he's getting into by posting on a message board and will be able to handle it.

Yeah I am sure he has a lot of experience to draw from to handle this in a mature manner as evidenced by his posting on a message board constantly about it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-17, 20:53

If there’s such thing as momentum in recruiting, there’s a certain Big Ten team in East Lansing, Mich. that has a ton of it right now.

Michigan State has had quite the week on the recruiting trail. The Spartans landed five commitments in the 2016 class in a three-day period and have received 10 commitments in a little over three weeks.

MICHIGAN STATE BATTLING TO STAY WITH OHIO STATE ON THE RECRUITING TRAIL
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-05-17, 23:21

Kid seems more normal than the old dudes that obsess over him.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-05-17, 23:31

Don't say that on tCock or the mob will lynch you. I read that thread whenever I'm on (because why wouldn't I, we're crooting like pros right now), but they worship him like a god when he tweets the players telling them to come to MSU. It's just mind-bottling to me.

If the kids like it then cool, but before long his pestering is gonna rub one of them the wrong way. Then what? If it leads to just one kid being turned off from MSU then fuck him.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-17, 23:47

Do yourselves a flavor and extricate your persons from that place.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-05-17, 23:49

Tim Wakefield wrote: If it leads to just one kid being turned off from MSU then fuck him.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 12 1550444538
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-17, 23:52

Update: JWEIBS is a sophomore in high school

And a reputable poster is reporting 3 silent verbals plus 2 more on the cusp - fo sure
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-18, 09:56

HT wrote:So it looks like MSU has a serious chance at flipping an OSU commit.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2015/04/53128/george-hill

Never did I think we could do that, particularly an OSU commit out of Ohio that Urban Meyer wanted. Speaks volumes to the job that Dantonio's done, particularly with raising our perception in Ohio.

A little bit on George Hill...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2015/05/53728/the-hurry-up-george-hill-talks-kareem-walker-drops-mack-visits-tennessee-and

"I don't know why (the Michigan State) stuff comes up," he said. "I'm not looking at them and I haven't been. I talk to (Chris) Ash weekly, and I've been talking a lot more to Coach (Tim) Beck, too. I was at Ohio State on the 28th of March and right now now I have no interest in visiting other schools."

Hill continues to say the right things, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out into the summer and beyond.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-18, 09:58

GO GREEN!!

god, that felt good to type.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-18, 12:05

EAST LANSING — Michigan State football recruiting is making more headlines than at any time before in Mark Dantonio's tenure as head coach, largely because of the unprecedented rise in the rankings into the top 10.

Brad Salem the quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator, used to like to say that he found in amusing that Dantonio had more wins than any other Big Ten coach over the past five years without so much as one consensus top 20-ranked recruiting class.

That punchline might no longer be in effect at the rate the 2016 class is going, as the Spartans have 12 commitments and currently check in at No. 9 according to 247sports, No. 7 in the Scout.com team rankings and No. 10 in the Rivals.com standings.

J.C. Shurburtt, the national recruiting director for 247sports, said Michigan State will need to recruit well in-state for the class to finish ranked in the top 10.

That would explain why Sean Scherer, who specializes in the Spartans' recruiting coverage, recently ranked Cass Tech safety Demetric Vance as the most important commitment to date.

"I think Demetric Vance is probably the biggest because of the pipeline to Cass Tech,'' Scherer said on 'The Griff and Grinz Show' on Lansing's 92.1 FM, The Team. "The amount of talent Cass Tech produces, I would rank him at one.''

Michigan State recruiting expert: Cass Tech's Demetric Vance biggest commit in 2016 class
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-05-18, 12:19

LooseGoose wrote:EAST LANSING — Michigan State football recruiting is making more headlines than at any time before in Mark Dantonio's tenure as head coach, largely because of the unprecedented rise in the rankings into the top 10.

I think that Griffith has found a way to put the cart before the horse. It isn't making noise by being a top 10 ranking, it has a top 10 ranking because of the noise.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-18, 12:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:EAST LANSING — Michigan State football recruiting is making more headlines than at any time before in Mark Dantonio's tenure as head coach, largely because of the unprecedented rise in the rankings into the top 10.

I think that Griffith has found a way to put the cart before the horse. It isn't making noise by being a top 10 ranking, it has a top 10 ranking because of the noise.

Some horses are better at pushing than pulling.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-18, 14:42

As the resident tweeter, I'm going to admit to being out of touch on this. Who is this and what's his twitter handle?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-05-18, 14:52

Rocinante wrote:

As the resident tweeter, I'm going to admit to being out of touch on this. Who is this and what's his twitter handle?

@sparty_designs
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-18, 15:00

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

@sparty_designs

Those are... not that good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-18, 15:03

So who is this clown?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next