Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+30
GRR Spartan
HT
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
green night
Vlad
Giant Moose
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
The_Dude
NigelUno
He Got It!
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
tTito
Rocinante
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
34 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Heat Miser Mon May 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

As the resident tweeter, I'm going to admit to being out of touch on this. Who is this and what's his twitter handle?

@sparty_designs

Those are... not that good.

I agree regarding the new ones with the sword/shield going on. Too cartoonish. Bobby Skeebo's were better. The other stuff is pretty good IMHO. OTOH, he's a H.S. sophomore & the recruits/commits are eating it up. That's really what matters. What you & I think is irrelevant.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Rocinante Mon May 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I agree regarding the new ones with the sword/shield going on. Too cartoonish. Bobby Skeebo's were better. The other stuff is pretty good IMHO. OTOH, he's a H.S. sophomore & the recruits/commits are eating it up. That's really what matters. What you & I think is irrelevant.

Okay good. I had a terrible image of him being a grown ass man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 18, 2015 3:06 pm

God, some of them are Chesterton Lep-ish
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon May 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

@sparty_designs

It looks like a high schooler fucking around on photoshop which is exactly what it is
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

It looks like a high schooler fucking around on photoshop which is exactly what it is

Not sure I like your tenor.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon May 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Rocinante wrote:God, some of them are Chesterton Lep-ish

It's interesting to me in that in addition to the recruits/commits, he must have at least tacit approval from the A.D. as he hasn't been too shy about using trademarked logos & copyrighted photos in his edits. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 13 2599972566

OTOH, tBlue Wall & other publications haven't been shy about using his work without providing compensation either. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 13 502811600
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon May 18, 2015 3:17 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

@sparty_designs

This. Although I think he did say he was taking a graphic design course. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 13 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon May 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

As the resident tweeter, I'm going to admit to being out of touch on this.  Who is this and what's his twitter handle?

@sparty_designs

:poop:
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Kiante Enis ‏@Kenis_12 14m14 minutes ago
Proud to receive my 11th offer today.
#SpartanNation

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kiante-Enis-168336
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon May 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Feels like ages since our last commit. Who do you guys think is next?
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Anna Hickey ‏@AnnaHScout 38m38 minutes ago
#MichiganState CB commit Austin Andrews on if last week's #NotreDame offer has potential to give him second thoughts -http://notredame.scout.com/story/1547386-msu-commit-adds-nd-offer?s=109 …

Cam Chambers ‏@justcallme_cam 21m21 minutes ago
More on the way #StayTuned

DreamTeam2016 ‏@MSUDreamTeam16 23m23 minutes ago
We got your back Coach!! #MSUDreamTeam16 MORE ON THE WAY #StayTuned #MSUtakeover #GoGreen

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 13 CFUrh7NUEAA7Xuv
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon May 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Looks like it's Corley
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Ass Dan wrote:Looks like it's Corley

Nah. He said it was a tweet, not a commit.

The RCMB was jizzing though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon May 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Lawl, that place is crammed with nerds
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Could be a silent commit. At the very worst, it seems like he has great relationships with our commits, which definitely is a good sign for us landing him.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue May 19, 2015 11:00 am

Lavert Hill Sticking with PSU
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 am

Turtleneck wrote:Lavert Hill Sticking with PSU

...for now.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Tue May 19, 2015 11:28 am

Turtleneck wrote:Lavert Hill Sticking with PSU

And Swanigan was "100% committed" to MSU a week before he decommitted.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 8:18 am

Panasiuk recently attended the Nike Camp and won an invitation to The Opening that will be held this summer. At that event he will be able to test himself against many of the top players in the nation for the class of 2016. No doubt that experience will only serve to increase his recruiting stock.

It would not be a surprise if Salem invites him up to the Spartan Elite Player Camp for a session so he can work with defensive line coach Ron Burton. A solid performance in testing and a few drills with Burton may be all it takes for Panasiuk to grab a Michigan State offer. If that happens, the Spartans will definitely get serious consideration.

Recruiting: Illinois DT close to Spartan offer
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:08 am

EAST LANSING — Jonah Morris had a pretty good idea that he'd continue to get attention even after he committed to Michigan State.

But the 6-foot-4, 195-pounder from Akron, Ohio, didn't know offers from Wisconsin and Notre Dame would come rolling in so soon.

"They've been talking to my coach about me,'' Morris said on 'The Griff and Grinz Show' on Lansing's 91.2 FM, The Team. "Wisconsin pulled the trigger last week, and Notre Dame offered (Tuesday).

Morris, who is projected to grow into an outside linebacker at Michigan State, made his verbal commitment to the Spartans on May 12.

But will the offers from the Irish and Badgers sway his future plans?

"I don't think they will, I'm still 100 percent with Spartans,'' Morris said. "When I went up there (East Lansing), it felt like home and a place I wanted to be.''

Michigan State football commit Jonah Morris discusses new offers from Notre Dame, Wisconsin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 21, 2015 9:15 am

I wonder if recruits ever discuss an interest in the academic programs a particular school has to offer..

(not MSU recruits - we all know they're a student first, an athlete second.. I mean recruits who commit to other schools).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:25 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I wonder if recruits ever discuss an interest in the academic programs a particular school has to offer..

(not MSU recruits - we all know they're a student first, an athlete second.. I mean recruits who commit to other schools).

Though most decide based on the athletic program there are recruits every year that choose based on the major they desire.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu May 21, 2015 10:05 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I wonder if recruits ever discuss an interest in the academic programs a particular school has to offer..

Though most decide based on the athletic program there are recruits every year that choose based on the major they desire.
I would think a majority of those that get scholarships will probably choose based a lot on what is available, when you look outside the P5 schools. Aren't a majority of the D1 guys going to smaller schools? The bigger schools, there are probably a few guys who choose because of academics, but most are probably there for the football.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 am

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I would think a majority of those that get scholarships will probably choose based a lot on what is available, when you look outside the P5 schools. Aren't a majority of the D1 guys going to smaller schools? The bigger schools, there are probably a few guys who choose because of academics, but most are probably there for the football.
I hear ya - I wish the schools and NCAA would stop lying to public and call them "athlete-students" instead of "student-athletes"..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 2:54 pm

With Jack Conklin potentially having the opportunity to declare for the NFL draft after this season and being an early choice, Michigan State is looking to add competition to the offensive tackle spot in this recruiting class. One easy way to do that is with junior college players, and one of the top JUCO tackles in the country, Brooklyn (N.Y.) ASA College's Charles Baldwin, was offered by the Spartans recently.

An athletic 6-foot-6, 305-pound prospect, Baldwin's lengthy offer list includes Alabama, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Miami (Fla.), South Carolina and others.

"Oklahoma and Alabama are the two at the top," Baldwin said to Scout's Derek Young. "Michigan State is pushing them now, though. Michigan State is definitely up there."

Trieu: MSU pushing Oklahoma, Alabama for Baldwin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:28 am

One of the fastest-rising football recruits in the Midwest for the class of 2016 is Kiante Enis of Winchester (Ind.) Community High.

As a junior, Enis rushed for 3,189 yards and scored 49 touchdowns on 299 carries and added six interceptions on defense. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound prospect is set to visit a few of his top schools, and I was able to find out some details about his recruitment.

Despite putting up incredible numbers last fall, Enis' recruitment has not taken off the way you would expect. Some note that his impressive stats came against weaker competition. While that's true, it also is true that he has clocked a 10.5-second 100 meters this spring. In addition, his highlight film shows an explosive athlete who has the ability to change a game in a single play.

Recruiting: MSU, U-M chasing Indiana speedster
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 1:02 pm

EAST LANSING —Michigan State's self-named "Dream Team 16" is getting an assist in the recruitment of Naquan Jones from the ringleader of a class of recruits that in 2014 called themselves the "Spartan Savage Squad.''

Jones, a 6-foot-4, 300-pound defensive tackle from Evanston, Illinois, said on Thursday that he has narrowed his list of school choices to Michigan State, South Carolina and Florida, and he plans to make a decision within the next couple of weeks.

"Basically, I'm looking at the schools that can benefit me and support me academically as well as on the field,'' said Jones, the No. 5-rated player in Illinois and a 4-star prospect according to 247sports. "Just a school where I feel comfortable.''

That's where the Spartans' 2016 recruiting class comes in; they've actively pursued Jones through a Twitter account as well as in phone calls.

Michigan State recruitment of 4-star DT involves former ringleader of 'Spartan Savage Squad'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Fri May 22, 2015 1:26 pm

OSU literally lost one of the top recruits in the country who was an Ohio native because they didn't offer the major he wanted.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/05/four-star_ohio_lb_brendan_fern.html

He's just a notable major recent example. Besides him, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of athletes who do have the perspective to want to make sure they're getting the education they want in addition to being part of a good program.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri May 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Kenny Lykes MSU.

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 22 seconds ago
Lyke: "I'm looking forward to being a student-athlete and winning a national championship at the Michigan State University."
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Kenny Lykes MSU.

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 22 seconds ago
Lyke: "I'm looking forward to being a student-athlete and winning a national championship at the Michigan State University."

EAST LANSING -- Michigan State added a 13th member to its 2016 recruiting class on Friday when Kenney Lyke from Palatine, Illinois, announced he was choosing the Spartans.

Lyke, a 6-foot-2, 182-pounder at Fremd High School, picked Michigan State over Notre Dame, Baylor and Illinois, among others.

Illinois safety Kenney Lyke picks Michigan State over Notre Dame and Baylor
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Joe Rexrode retweeted
Mike Wilson ‏@MikeWilson247 11m11 minutes ago
Michigan State has six commits with Notre Dame offers. Notre Dame has one commit with a Michigan State offer. Good win rate for the Spartans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Cam Chambers ‏@justcallme_cam 11m11 minutes ago

Man honestly I don't know if they are ready for what's about to come next...we are about to make history.....#MSUtakeover
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 6:06 pm

Sean Merriman ‏@BTNSean 3m3 minutes ago

With Kenny Lyke's commitment, MSU now has six commitments with Notre Dame offers, four with Ohio State offers and two with Alabama offers...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Kicker, supposedly a UM lock....

Quinn Nordin ‏@QuinnNordin 10m10 minutes ago Michigan, USA
Proud to announce that I have received an offer from Michigan State University!!! #SpartanDawg #Blessed

http://247sports.com/Player/Quinn-Nordin-77733

Brandon Kornblue ‏@KornblueKicking 7m7 minutes ago
13th offer for the #Fab50's #1 kicker
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Interesting video in this article, a window into something none of us has ever seen.

Miami (FL) leads the nation with 21 commitments in the class of 2016, which is the No. 3-ranked class by 247Sports. Here's how they do it.

The Miami video team produces a lot of great all-access looks, and they’ve just released a behind-the-scenes look inside a recruiting meeting.

Video: Go inside a recruiting meeting at Miami (FL)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat May 23, 2015 12:53 am

JWEIBS is blowing up:

http://isportsweb.com/2015/05/21/michigan-state-football-spartan-designs-gives-msu-online-recruiting-edge/
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat May 23, 2015 1:32 am

LooseGoose wrote:Kicker, supposedly a UM lock....

Quinn Nordin ‏@QuinnNordin 10m10 minutes ago Michigan, USA
Proud to announce that I have received an offer from Michigan State University!!! #SpartanDawg #Blessed

http://247sports.com/Player/Quinn-Nordin-77733

Brandon Kornblue ‏@KornblueKicking 7m7 minutes ago
13th offer for the #Fab50's #1 kicker

There is no such thing as a "UM lock" anymore.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat May 23, 2015 1:44 am

Rivals recruiting rankings:

The good news is this class is curently ranked #8. The bad news is that it is ranked #35 in average star rating at 3.15.
Unfortunately, as far as rankings are concerned this appears to be a situation of quanity over quality. We are going to need a run of 4 stars combined with a few star bumps to even approach the ever elusive monster class.
Contrast this with UM who is sitting on a lofty average star ranking of 3.67. With 8 months to go they will at worst complete their class with 3 star "fillers" and catch MSU in the rankings.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat May 23, 2015 1:49 am

Herbie Green wrote:Rivals recruiting rankings:

The good news is this class is curently ranked #8. The bad news is that it is ranked #35 in average star rating at 3.15.
Unfortunately, as far as rankings are concerned this appears to be a situation of quanity over quality. We are going to need a run of 4 stars combined with a few star bumps to even approach the ever elusive monster class.
Contrast this with UM who is sitting on a lofty average star ranking of 3.67. With 8 months to go they will at worst complete their class with 3 star "fillers" and catch MSU in the rankings.

Many of these guys are underrated. Look at their offers. Nothing to see here.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2015 8:03 am

EAST LANSING — Michigan State's newest verbal commit has obviously yet to suit up for Mark Dantonio and the Spartans, but already, Kenney Lyke is speaking the same language as his future head coach.

"Michigan State football is hard-nosed, and they fight for everything that they get, and it's hard work,'' said Lyke, a safety from Palatine, Illinois, who announced on Friday he has chosen MSU over Notre Dame and Baylor. "They fight for almost everything they go through. They haven't got anything just handed to them, they have to work for it.

"That's why a lot of rough guys go to Michigan State, (guys) who are hungry and trying to be relevant.''

llinois prep safety Kenney Lyke explains why he chose 'hard-nosed' Michigan State

Last edited by LooseGoose on Sat May 23, 2015 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next