Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+30
GRR Spartan
HT
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
green night
Vlad
Giant Moose
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
The_Dude
NigelUno
He Got It!
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
tTito
Rocinante
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
34 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Guest 2015-11-18, 11:15

JUCO Ballhawk Lonnie Johnson at Five Offers and Counting

Johnson just visited Michigan State and the Spartans may also present an offer, one he would be quite interested in.
"I thought it was amazing. The coaches...oh my God, the coaches were so into me. It felt different. For the first time, coaches were showing interest in me as a person. They told me that they loved me, loved my film and they're going to call me later on this week to let me know about my offer status."
And he pulls no punches about what would happen after that.
"If Michigan State offers, I'm going to commit there. Right now, I'm just waiting to see what offers come in."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-18, 12:46

can we get some information on what Santa Claus is bringing these kids this year?

Thanks and GO GREEN!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-11-18, 17:05

LooseGoose wrote:JUCO Ballhawk Lonnie Johnson at Five Offers and Counting

Johnson just visited Michigan State and the Spartans may also present an offer, one he would be quite interested in.
"I thought it was amazing. The coaches...oh my God, the coaches were so into me. It felt different. For the first time, coaches were showing interest in me as a person. They told me that they loved me, loved my film and they're going to call me later on this week to let me know about my offer status."
"If Michigan State offers, I'm going to commit there. Right now, I'm just waiting to see what offers come in."

Classic, the kid on RCMB claims "only he knew" about this... Hours after Loose posted this. I'm starting to think he has multiple handles over there to stand up for him. Either way, it's pretty fuckin weird tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 502811600
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-18, 21:24

LooseGoose wrote:JUCO Ballhawk Lonnie Johnson at Five Offers and Counting

"I have offers from Middle Tennessee State, South Alabama, UAB, Toledo and Texas Tech. I've also been recruited by Michigan State, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Indiana, Purdue, New Mexico, Arkansas State, they'll probably offer soon and Utah State."

You put this offer list (Div. II colleges, MAC colleges) together with Coach D's interest?

BAM. A jewel, an undiscovered gem. Only question in my mind is why he didn't end up at O$U ("Lonnie Johnson had many offers and was a one-time Ohio State and Western Michigan commit out of Gary's West Side High"). Conduct issues? tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 2599972566
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-19, 14:20

Trieu: Spartans look at top JUCO talent again

Michigan State may look to the junior college ranks to fill a number of spots in the 2016 class. The Spartans have had success recruiting junior colleges before.

Two former JUCO recruits, Miguel Machado and Drake Martinez, are currently on the roster and names that should be very familiar to Spartan fans -- like Fou Fonoti, Anthony Rashad White, Devin Thomas, Domata Peko and Deandra Cobb -- all came from junior colleges before becoming major contributors in East Lansing.

The Spartans hope Snow College's Garett Bolles is next.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 09:45

MSU recruit deWeaver on front line of OSU rivalry

DeWeaver, the unofficial ringleader of the 2016 class, said the lost commitments had different reasons for moving on. He has been in touch with everyone else.

“I know everybody else is solid, and five of us are coming early,” he said. “And we’re in
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-21, 20:52

As I was watching MSU punish OSU on the ground, I wondered why a RB would walk away from an MSU offer. Great place to be if your a RB.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-21, 20:56

Turtleneck wrote:As I was watching MSU punish OSU on the ground, I wondered why a RB would walk away from an MSU offer. Great place to be if your a RB.

He who shall not be named claims this game will sway recruits and that it's very unusual when that happens. Much worship ensues for this tidbit of "knowledge".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-21, 20:57

Turtleneck wrote:As I was watching MSU punish OSU on the ground, I wondered why a RB would walk away from an MSU offer. Great place to be if your a RB.
Contrast that with Elliot's unhappiness with OSU coaching.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 09:48

Michigan State 'Crootin Roundup: Naquan Jones Unofficially Visiting Again
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-24, 10:02

LooseGoose wrote:

He who shall not be named claims this game will sway recruits and that it's very unusual when that happens. Much worship ensues for this tidbit of "knowledge".

You're doing it again...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 10:04

LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State 'Crootin Roundup: Naquan Jones Unofficially Visiting Again

Weibs told me about this like a week ago. I will turn him into my personal messiah and ignore your posts henceforth.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 10:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State 'Crootin Roundup: Naquan Jones Unofficially Visiting Again

Weibs told me about this like a week ago. I will turn him into my personal messiah and ignore your posts henceforth.

lol, ok man. The hard work for that nugget included reading Mr. Jone's twitter account where he announced his visit to MSU.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 10:18

LooseGoose wrote:

lol, ok man. The hard work for that nugget included reading Mr. Jone's twitter account where he announced his visit to MSU.

Weibs is so amazing that he knew to do that. I wonder if I could somehow send him some money for all the great work he has done for me, and truly all Spartans everywhere. Nothing big. Maybe just a year or two of college tuition to show my appreciation. (He shouldn't need it since msu should give him free school. He can just spend it on whatever he wants)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 14:06

LooseGoose wrote:

Weibs is so amazing that he knew to do that. I wonder if I could somehow send him some money for all the great work he has done for me, and truly all Spartans everywhere. Nothing big. Maybe just a year or two of college tuition to show my appreciation. (He shouldn't need it since msu should give him free school. He can just spend it on whatever he wants)

Want to know what really might help in the recruiting wars? When a respected former coach like Dave Wannstedt spends major time on BTN talking about how if HE had a son that played football he would want him to play at Michigan State under Mark Dantonio.

That's at least the 2nd time this year I've seen him state that with conviction. For a recruit or parent watching that has to have some effect.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 14:08

I think we're going to find out a lot about our recruiting class really soon.. #Excited
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 14:09

LooseGoose wrote:

Want to know what really might help in the recruiting wars? When a respected former coach like Dave Wannstedt spends major time on BTN talking about how if HE had a son that played football he would want him to play at Michigan State under Mark Dantonio.

That's at least the 2nd time this year I've seen him state that with conviction. For a recruit or parent watching that has to have some effect.

Do you think we could get Dave to put that into some kind of photoshop situation?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-24, 16:45

Bump
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-11-24, 21:15

I suspect it is because of the interest by George Hill, who looks very likely to be a Spartan. Get a 4 star...the 3 star walks.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-24, 21:36

DoogieHouser wrote:

I suspect it is because of the interest by George Hill, who looks very likely to be a Spartan. Get a 4 star...the 3 star walks.

We cooled on him.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-11-25, 09:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DoogieHouser wrote:

We cooled on him.

George Hill
George Hill
Hubbard (Hubbard, OH)
ATH
6-0/200
Warmer
0.9307 155 12 7
94 124 7 6
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-25, 14:34

DoogieHouser wrote:

You might be right although some experts claim Hill wants to play CB in college.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-25, 14:35

Recruiting roundup: MSU commit Justin Layne finishes high school career in record-setting fashion

If you're still playing high school football come Thanksgiving week, you're doing something right.

That's the case for four Michigan State commits in the class of 2016, who move closer to a state titles as they play this weekend.

Here's a look at how Michigan State commits have done in their high school games in the last week:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-25, 18:35

Recruiting: MSU to host key visitors for Penn State

Several top recruits will be in attendance when Michigan State hosts Penn State on Saturday for a chance to win the Big Ten East Division, including official and unofficial visitors:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-25, 22:20

LooseGoose wrote:Recruiting: MSU to host key visitors for Penn State

Several top recruits will be in attendance when Michigan State hosts Penn State on Saturday for a chance to win the Big Ten East Division, including official and unofficial visitors:

DT Naquan Jones of Evanston High School in Chicago

The 6-foot-4, 286-pound Jones is rated a 4-star recruit and the No. 21 defensive tackle in the nation for the class of 2017. Jones opened his recruitment back up because he wanted the opportunity to visit other schools that have continued to recruit him. The Spartans are still in regular contact with Jones; his primary recruiter is defensive line coach Ron Burton. The relationship Jones has with Burton, and the Spartans' strong contingent of Chicago area players, are positive aspects in his recruitment. It has been reported that Jones needs to improve his academic standing before he can enroll in college.

:(

WR Hunter Rison of Skyline High School in Ann Arbor

Rison is a Spartan legacy and, in my opinion, Hunter Rison might be the top prospect in Michigan for the Class of 2017. He made an early commitment this past summer and has since picked up scholarships from teams such as Alabama and UCLA. Rison opened up his recruitment because he did not feel it was right to visit other schools if he was committed to Michigan State. The Spartan staff understands Rison's desire to learn more about his opportunities. His decommitment was about respecting Michigan State and the recruiting process more than anything. Having another Rison catching touchdown passes in Spartan Stadium is still very much a possibility.

WOOT!
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-26, 21:21

Cameron Chambers ‏@CamChambers21
I have officially signed to be a Student Athlete at Michigan State University. Prays going up, blessings coming down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 CUx0CHAWwAUZEDw
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-27, 13:07

Trieu: Corley, Hill, Hayes, Rison among large group at MSU

Michigan State on Saturday will host the biggest group of visitors it has had on campus since the Oregon game when the Spartans take on Penn State in the final home game of the season.

The group will include three official visitors, offensive tackle Thiyo Lukusa and safety Kenney Lyke, who are both committed to the Spartans, and Hubbard (Ohio) running back George Hill, who is uncommitted, but has been to East Lansing several times this season. A one-time Ohio State commit, Hill took his first official visit to Wisconsin last weekend, but the Spartans are considered the team to beat.

Fresh off a state title game appearance, Detroit King wide receiver Donnie Corley will be in town for an unofficial visit. He announces his commitment on Dec. 8 and it is widely believed that Michigan State will be the choice on that day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-27, 15:51

Donnie Corley just caught a ball with 0:00 on the clock to win the state title for Detroit King.

Link to video...

Corley
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-27, 16:36

LooseGoose wrote:Donnie Corley just caught a ball with 0:00 on the clock to win the state title for Detroit King.

Link to video...

Corley

That's not just any catch. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 361471007
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2015-11-27, 16:45

LooseGoose wrote:Donnie Corley just caught a ball with 0:00 on the clock to win the state title for Detroit King.

Link to video...

Corley
tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 2275418548
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-27, 16:52

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 CU2X0sHWoAAoyBu
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-27, 17:24

Link to video...

Corley

Obviously a Spartan. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 1833121890
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-27, 17:37

SpartanInNH wrote:

Link to video...

Corley

Obviously a Spartan. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 1833121890

Saw rumors somewhere else that he's visiting u of m tomorrow tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 1550444538
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-27, 19:45

Floyd Robertson wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Saw rumors somewhere else that he's visiting u of m tomorrow tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 1550444538

Trieu says MSU, we'll see. I guess in theory he could do both.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-27, 21:30

Corley is going to be in aa according to several reports including 247.

Funny thing is umaa fans think he's showing up to see them. They seem oblivious to the fact OSU is still in the mix.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-28, 10:49

Allen Trieu ‏@AllenTrieu 8m8 minutes ago
Donnie Corley has arrived at #Michigan. QB/ATH Armani Posey with him and Hill as well. http://www.scout.com/college/michigan/forums/1088-the-victors-club/14334204-running-recruit-list/ms/177773465 …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2015-11-28, 11:20

LooseGoose wrote:Allen Trieu ‏@AllenTrieu 8m8 minutes ago
Donnie Corley has arrived at #Michigan. QB/ATH Armani Posey with him and Hill as well. http://www.scout.com/college/michigan/forums/1088-the-victors-club/14334204-running-recruit-list/ms/177773465 …

And leaving at halftime to enjoy another Championship celebration.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-28, 13:53

Per Adam's Twitter account, 247 reports Adams commits to (the very close to home) University of Oklahoma. This is a big loss. MSU wants and needs kids who keep their phones charged like Adams.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 CU6ufhiUsAE8nY4
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-28, 14:01

Who's Adams?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-28, 14:24

InTenSity wrote:Who's Adams?

Some high school student who's going to Oklahoma for college.  That's all I got.   tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 24 2599972566
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next