Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baltimore citizens are frustrated

+28
Tim Wakefield
StylesGShmooth
WBill
pulling69
Brock Middlebrook
InTenSity
The Pantry
The_Dude
I.B. Fine
Toe
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
Giant Moose
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Snake Plissken
Rodeo Burger
Blanch32
LoneWolfSparty
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
kingstonlake
32 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 Empty Re: Baltimore citizens are frustrated

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 13:26

so have any police officers died while in protestor custody yet?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 Empty Re: Baltimore citizens are frustrated

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-28, 13:27

Where is Omar when you need him?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-28, 13:27

Heat Miser wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I've missed the news accounts of day 2 or day 3 of the riots there.

You know a little thing called the American Revolution started with some rioting and a massacre?

Didn't work for the American Indian.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-28, 13:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Another simple change that would cure the itch to riot - machine gun the early rioters.

It would serve as a deterrent to anyone else contemplating joining them in the streets.

It won't happen since this country lost the spine for that long ago.
I agree that asking the government to murder its own citizens is a very good idea..

Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600

I just don't get how people can actually believe or say this shit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-28, 13:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so have any police officers died while in protestor custody yet?

No but getting some solid triple time.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 13:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree that asking the government to murder its own citizens is a very good idea..

well, I can't either. But when people are blinded by hate, paranoia and rage, it essentially alters the way the human mind works... and saying things like "the government should murder its own citizens" somehow sounds like a viable option to them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-28, 13:32

Heat Miser wrote:You know a little thing called the American Revolution started with some rioting and a massacre?

Preceded by years of discussion/debate among intelligent men. Please point out for the men today's toilet paper looters are listening to? Is Al Sharpton today's Thomas Jefferson? Jesse Jackson as John Adams? Toure as Samuel Adams?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-28, 13:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I agree that asking the government to murder its own citizens is a very good idea..

He doesn't. Hes just messing with you. That guy is usually pretty rational.

Unless he has completely lost his mind. Which is possible I suppose
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-28, 13:39

LooseGoose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:You know a little thing called the American Revolution started with some rioting and a massacre?

Preceded by years of discussion/debate among intelligent men. Please point out for the men today's toilet paper looters are listening to? Is Al Sharpton today's Thomas Jefferson? Jesse Jackson as John Adams? Toure as Samuel Adams?

You don't think there's been "years of discussion/debate among intelligent men" (and maybe even some women too!)? Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 1494614055
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-28, 13:40

Women can't be intelligent. Now you're just talking nonsense.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 13:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

maybe... can never be too sure with the right wing fringe, though.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-28, 13:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree that asking the government to murder its own citizens is a very good idea..

well, I can't either. But when people are blinded by hate, paranoia and rage, it essentially alters the way the human mind works... and saying things like "the government should murder its own citizens" somehow sounds like a viable option to them.

I wonder if the "mow 'em down & let God sort 'em out" doctrine applies to white college kids in East Lansing throwing bagels? Where exactly is the line? 1 rock thrown? 10 rocks? 10 rocks by 1 person? 1 rock each by 10 people? How about a car on fire? But what if it's after winning a World Series? Who get's to decide? Fuck it. When in doubt, take 'em out!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 13:45

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I wonder if the "mow 'em down & let God sort 'em out" doctrine applies to white college kids in East Lansing throwing bagels? Where exactly is the line? 1 rock thrown? 10 rocks? 10 rocks by 1 person? 1 rock each by 10 people? How about a car on fire? But what if it's after winning a World Series? Who get's to decide? Fuck it. When in doubt, take 'em out!
my guess is that the determining factor is largely related to the race of the offender.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-28, 13:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

maybe... can never be too sure with the right wing fringe, though.

When you use phrases like this Bob, you force threads to be moved to the Swill Bin.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-28, 13:51

Do you trace the decline of civilization in the United States to 1913 or 1920?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-28, 13:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Another simple change that would cure the itch to riot - machine gun the early rioters.

It would serve as a deterrent to anyone else contemplating joining them in the streets.

It won't happen since this country lost the spine for that long ago.

Vote for Steve Schneider in 2016

If any form of pleasure is exibited
Report to me and it will be prohibited
I'll put my foot down, so shall it be
This is the land of the free
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 13:54

LooseGoose wrote:Do you trace the decline of civilization in the United States to 1913 or 1920?
January 20th, 2009
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-28, 13:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Do you trace the decline of civilization in the United States to 1913 or 1920?
January 20th, 2009
+1

I like the speed of your reply. You didn't need to think about it. I also like the consistency of your message. I also like that you used a link instead of stopping short and saying "I trace it to Obama." 

Really quality work. I'm proud of you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 13:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
January 20th, 2009
+1

I like the speed of your reply. You didn't need to think about it. I also like the consistency of your message. I also like that you used a link instead of stopping short and saying "I trace it to Obama." 

thanks - when you really think about it, I am a lottery pick at message board posting.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-28, 14:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
+1

thanks - when you really think about it, I am a lottery pick at message board posting.
Go Green bro. Go Green.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 14:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Go Green bro. Go Green.
it moved..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-28, 14:05

An interesting perspective written after Ferguson, but applicable to Baltimore I'm sure:

...So why loot stores. Why burn them to the ground?

You'd have to grow up a young black male in a place like Ferguson to grasp why these stores are the immediate, prime targets for looting and flames. There are 365 days in every year, and on every day of every year of your life you've had to walk past these cathedrals of consumer culture and see things you don't have and can't get because you have no money, no real education, and very little hope of ever being employed...

"Why do they burn down their own neighborhood?"
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-28, 14:12

Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 lol! Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 969504605 afro

@ Robert Sakamino
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2015-04-28, 14:19

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

10 bagels is the universal line.

not sure about rocks.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 14:21

steveschneider wrote:Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 502811600 lol! Baltimore citizens are frustrated - Page 3 969504605 afro

@ Robert Sakamino
you're a great American and a damn fine Spartan.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-28, 14:26

Things are starting to heat up again. They must have woken up early for this special occasion.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-28, 14:32

tTito wrote:Things are starting to heat up again. They must have woken up early for this special occasion.

So you're inferring that they don't have jobs, no? Maybe that is a step in the right direction.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-28, 14:38

tTito wrote:Things are starting to heat up again. They must have woken up early for this special occasion.

So you're inferring that they don't have jobs, no? Maybe that is a step in the right direction.

Hell no they don't have jobs, nor do they have any inclination to ever have one. We're not talking about career-oriented people here chief.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-28, 14:38

They have to stop by 10:00 tonight so they started early
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-28, 14:41

Poor Freddie Gray, what a horrible way to go.

Many suspect that Gray was the victim of a “Nickel Ride”, a horrific police torture tactic where a suspect is handcuffed and placed in the back of a police van without restraints, and driven recklessly around town by police officers. This practice has also been called a “Rough Ride” or a “Cowboy Ride.”
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/freddie-grays-death-reveals-dark-history-nickel-rides-police-van-torture/#f8RsmdAShCOvfPR7.99
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-28, 14:46

steveschneider wrote:Poor Freddie Gray, what a horrible way to go.

Many suspect that Gray was the victim of a “Nickel Ride”, a horrific police torture tactic where a suspect is handcuffed and placed in the back of a police van without restraints, and driven recklessly around town by police officers. This practice has also been called a “Rough Ride” or a “Cowboy Ride.”
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/freddie-grays-death-reveals-dark-history-nickel-rides-police-van-torture/#f8RsmdAShCOvfPR7.99
What an incredibly stupid thing for the police to do. Especially considering the current climate in the country. 

Of course, that only backs up the fact that part of the problem is that cops are largely made up of fucking morons who could barely get through high school. I would not expect them to consider the potential ramifications before doing something so stupid.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-28, 14:48

Last year, Nickel Rides became notorious in Philadelphia, after a court case revealed that police were using this tactic as a witness-free way to punish unruly, uncooperative, or arrogant suspects – without ever laying a hand on them. For rogue police, it was a literal way to deliver “street justice.”

The practice was exposed through the lawsuit of a man named James McKenna, who was awarded $490,000 after he was able to prove in court that he was intentionally injured during his ride in a police van.

Baltimore itself also has a dark history of police van torture. In fact, Baltimore Police have paid out millions of dollars in settlements to victims who were critically injured during rides in police vans. In 2012, a woman from Baltimore named Christine Abbott sued police after she was badly injured during a bumpy ride in the back of a police van.

That same year, the death of Anthony Anderson was ruled a homicide, he too died of injuries sustained while riding in a police van.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-28, 14:49

What an incredibly stupid thing for the police to do. Especially considering the current climate in the country. 

Of course, that only backs up the fact that part of the problem is that cops are largely made up of fucking morons who could barely get through high school. I would not expect them to consider the potential ramifications before doing something so stupid.

Shouldn't we be paying cops more?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-28, 14:51

Yes. That will potentially attract individuals who are worthy of the trust and power that we give to cops. Not these ex JV quarterbacks that we currently hire.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-28, 14:51

Wait, you mean they put stupid people in charge of the stupid people? And something really stupid happened?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-28, 14:53

They make reasonable money. And if they don't feel they're paid enough & that beating/killing the perps is justified, then they need to find a new career. Nobody's forcing them to be a cop. Truth is some of them get a bit tipsy off the power trip & take it too far sometimes.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-28, 14:54

Who's we?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-28, 14:54

Yes. That will potentially attract individuals who are worthy of the trust and power that we give to cops. Not these ex JV quarterbacks that we currently hire.

Ex JV QBs are precisely the kind of person the job attracts...at any salary.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-28, 14:55

Heat Miser wrote:

They make reasonable money. And if they don't feel they're paid enough & that beating/killing the perps is justified, then they need to find a new career. Nobody's forcing them to be a cop. Truth is some of them get a bit tipsy off the power trip & take it too far sometimes.
I started typing then I remembered my first post in this thread where I said "hey lets all just read this other thread and not do this again."

I'll shut up now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-28, 14:55

tTito wrote:

Who's we?

America? Tax payers? Society?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next