Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Finals Thread

+15
Herbie Green
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
Cym Jim
StylesGShmooth
Robert J Sakimano
CheesySpartan
Giant Moose
Blanch32
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

NBA Finals Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA Finals Thread

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-16, 01:08

If you took Lebron off the Cavs (and Love and Irving), would they be the worst team in the entire NBA?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-16, 01:26

Herbie Green wrote:If you took Lebron off the Cavs (and Love and Irving), would they be the worst team in the entire NBA?

Same as any other team without their top 3 players

Also love the no one else would have taken this team to this far...uh, Kyrie played pretty damn well in a large portion of the playoffs. And name a player on Cleveland that has played better in their career? Maybe JR, but he's always been crazy hit or miss.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-06-16, 02:18

Herbie Green wrote:If you took Lebron off the Cavs (and Love and Irving), would they be the worst team in the entire NBA?

I would still take them and lay the points against Philly.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-16, 02:34

You guys think the line will go up? Cavs ML !
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-16, 07:59

The Cavs were not the worst team in the NBA last year. Without LeBron, they still managed a better record than 8-9 teams. As for taking the best three players off the team, I do not see your point. As CB says, take away the best three players on any team and they will be substantially worse.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-17, 00:32

JR kept Cleveland in that game at the end, wouldn't go down without a fight
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-17, 00:34

1) how's this possible
2) He's probably throwing up already

NBA Finals Thread - Page 5 Screen-Shot-2015-06-17-at-12.12.15-AM-1024x278
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-17, 01:31

LeBron just mentions that he doesn't ever remember a team making it to the finals with two all stars on the bench...maybe because Kyrie wasn't on the bench leading his team to the finals?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-17, 01:59

Warriots in 6 boom
Drink
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-17, 10:59

Why its so easy to dislike LeBron...

“You give me 37 shots in a game, I’ll have 60, 70. I had 40 tonight on 18 shots. If I get 37 shots in a game, I’m going to put up 60. Easy.”

Game 1= 44pts on 38 shots
Game 2= 39pts on 35 shots
Game 3= 40pts on 34 shots
Game 4= 20pts on 22 shots
Game 5= 40pts on 34 shots
Game 6= 32pts on 33 shots
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-17, 11:37

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Why its so easy to dislike LeBron...

“You give me 37 shots in a game, I’ll have 60, 70. I had 40 tonight on 18 shots. If I get 37 shots in a game, I’m going to put up 60. Easy.”

He can't help himself. He acts like a fool on and off the court, and it is (probably unfairly) detracting from his legacy.

He also needs better coaches. He has had three dopes. MJ got Jackson, Magic got Riley, etc. Cleveland needs a coach that put guys in places to make plays/figure out what to do with the other people not named LeBron.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-17, 11:49

Turtleneck wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:Why its so easy to dislike LeBron...

He can't help himself. He acts like a fool on and off the court, and it is (probably unfairly) detracting from his legacy.

He also needs better coaches. He has had three dopes. MJ got Jackson, Magic got Riley, etc. Cleveland needs a coach that put guys in places to make plays/figure out what to do with the other people not named LeBron.
He acted fine off the court in Miami. It is weird the dynamic that has taken place since he has left here. I think Miami was the only place that sort of put him in his place. In Cleveland, Gilbert is letting him run the show. There were rumors around here that James wanted somewhere around 200 tickets for friends and family to each game as part of the package. Gilbert writes some weird letter and James goes back there, Riley is keeping quiet, yet there is some animosity between the two.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-17, 11:57

Yeah he does act like an ass, but I don't entirely blame him. He just doesn't get it because he's had his balls massaged by every single motherfucker he's come into contact with since he was probably 13 years old. 

I read an article years ago - when he was maybe in his 2nd or 3rd year. His goal was to become a Global Icon. I think he has accomplished that goal. I'm sure winning Championships were part of that goal but I think if he could have chosen one or the other he would have chosen Global Icon.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-17, 12:00

InTenSity wrote:
He acted fine off the court in Miami.

His "decision" on ESPN was ridiculous. At the time it seemed like a dumb move made by a guy that didn't know better. In retrospect, it was a sign of his "all eyes on me" persona.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-17, 12:01

Turtleneck wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
He acted fine off the court in Miami.

His "decision" on ESPN was ridiculous. At the time it seemed like a dumb move made by a guy that didn't know better. In retrospect, it was a sign of his "all eyes on me" persona.

That is probably true, but once he was in Miami, he actually did quite a bit around the community. Its almost like he was reeled in down here, but now that he is in Cleveland, it is all his friends that are running everything and stroking his ego.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-17, 12:05

InTenSity wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That is probably true, but once he was in Miami, he actually did quite a bit around the community. Its almost like he was reeled in down here, but now that he is in Cleveland, it is all his friends that are running everything and stroking his ego.

It's not about doing things for the community. He does plenty in Cleveland.

It is about his arrogance and the way he carries himself off the court. Remember when he mocked Dirk Nowitzki (with Wade) in the NBA Finals for being sick?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-17, 12:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah he does act like an ass, but I don't entirely blame him. He just doesn't get it because he's had his balls massaged by every single motherfucker he's come into contact with since he was probably 13 years old. 

I read an article years ago - when he was maybe in his 2nd or 3rd year. His goal was to become a Global Icon. I think he has accomplished that goal. I'm sure winning Championships were part of that goal but I think if he could have chosen one or the other he would have chosen Global Icon.

I think it went back to middle school when the Lebron worship began. I think he has a mentality similar to those childhood actors (ie Macaulay Caulkin) where they are very out of touch and have a hard time relating to the public.

I'll also say, I wish I could enjoy watching Lebron play because he is unbelievable. Every time I watch him though I find myself naturally rooting against him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-17, 12:08

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah he does act like an ass, but I don't entirely blame him. He just doesn't get it because he's had his balls massaged by every single motherfucker he's come into contact with since he was probably 13 years old. 

I think it went back to middle school when the Lebron worship began. I think he has a mentality similar to those childhood actors (ie Macaulay Caulkin) where they are very out of touch and have a hard time relating to the public.

I'll also say, I wish I could enjoy watching Lebron play because he is unbelievable. Every time I watch him though I find myself naturally rooting against him.

I think he is one of the most talented to ever play the game. When he is in motion, he is fun to watch. But his on the court antics - little temper tantrums and exaggerating every little bit on contact - completely take away from watching him play.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-17, 12:13

steveschneider wrote:

Yep, I agree 100%. And absolutely he is waaaaay out of touch with the public. This was clear in the aftermath of the decision when he didn't understand what he did wrong. I've read some other articles in ESPN the mag, for example, over the years. And while he's not painted as a bad guy, even just every day interactions with reporters trying to talk to him for an article, etc....show just how out of touch and sheltered he is. 

I'm talking about him traveling for the Olympics, or endorsements or whatever, and his handlers having museums, restaurants and stores closed down so his crew could shop or eat or fucking play x box. Feature reporters whom he had agreed to sit down with would have to go through like 3 handlers just to get 15 minutes with him and then he would be whisked away. 

I definitely don't like him because of how he comes off but at the same time I can understand how and why he acts like he does.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-17, 12:22

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I think he is one of the most talented to ever play the game. When he is in motion, he is fun to watch. But his on the court antics - little temper tantrums and exaggerating every little bit on contact - completely take away from watching him play.

He definitely works the refs, but I don't fault him for that he's clearly rewarded for it. Last night he took his arm and cleared out Iguodala and knocked him on the floor. Very obvious foul call to make, in full view of three refs and they didn't make the call.

The league should crack down on talking back and arguing to the refs and make the rules consistent for EVERY player. That's what I love about baseball, it's the same strike zone for Mike Trout as it is for anyone on the bottom of the line up order.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-17, 12:26

steveschneider wrote:That's what I love about baseball, it's the same strike zone for Mike Trout as it is for anyone on the bottom of the line up order.  
I don't know about that. I love baseball, but umpires are often inconsistent with their strike zone depending on the count and who is pitching.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-17, 12:32

CORNER BLITZ wrote:LeBron just mentions that he doesn't ever remember a team making it to the finals with two all stars on the bench...maybe because Kyrie wasn't on the bench leading his team to the finals?

Just watched this. Wow. LeBron is an idiot. LeBron says, "I've been watching basketball for a long time. I'm a historian of the game. I don't know any other team who has gotten to the Finals without two all-stars...I don't even know if its ever happened." Well, I don't think the 2010-11 Mavericks team that beat LeBron's Heat team had two all-stars. I think Nowitski was the Mav's only all-star that year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13097172/2015-nba-finals-loud-passionate-game-6-cleveland-cavaliers-fans-depart-defeated-hopeful-future
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-17, 12:37

Giant Moose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:That's what I love about baseball, it's the same strike zone for Mike Trout as it is for anyone on the bottom of the line up order.  
I don't know about that. I love baseball, but umpires are often inconsistent with their strike zone depending on the count and who is pitching.

The only inconsistency I notice really is some umps will have a different strike zone which is usually established early on in the game and pretty much those calls will be consistent throughout the game.

Maybe one area of complaint is a catcher will frame a pitch outside of the zone back in the strike zone and trick the ump into calling a strike.

Bottom line basketball refs definitely have more impact on the outcomes of a game of hoops than an ump does on baseball.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-17, 12:41

Turtleneck wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:LeBron just mentions that he doesn't ever remember a team making it to the finals with two all stars on the bench...maybe because Kyrie wasn't on the bench leading his team to the finals?

Just watched this. Wow. LeBron is an idiot. LeBron says, "I've been watching basketball for a long time. I'm a historian of the game. I don't know any other team who has gotten to the Finals without two all-stars...I don't even know if its ever happened." Well, I don't think the 2010-11 Mavericks team that beat LeBron's Heat team had two all-stars. I think Nowitski was the Mav's only all-star that year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13097172/2015-nba-finals-loud-passionate-game-6-cleveland-cavaliers-fans-depart-defeated-hopeful-future

Nowitski didn't win that championship alone. Had Jason Kidd, Jason Terry and Shawn Marrion. Nowitski was unbelievable that series, but he definitely had help.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-17, 12:45

steveschneider wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

The only inconsistency I notice really is some umps will have a different strike zone which is usually established early on in the game and pretty much those calls will be consistent throughout the game.

Maybe one area of complaint is a catcher will frame a pitch outside of the zone back in the strike zone and trick the ump into calling a strike.

Bottom line basketball refs definitely have more impact on the outcomes of a game of hoops than an ump does on baseball.
I agree that it's somewhat consistent with the starting pitchers after it's established early on with exceptions with 2 strikes and/or 3 balls depending on if the umpire has bias toward a particular pitcher/batter. Once the relievers are in, I feel like there's a lot more inconsistency. Maybe the umps just get tired after being out there for 7 or 8 innings, though.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-17, 13:02

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Nowitski didn't win that championship alone. Had Jason Kidd, Jason Terry and Shawn Marrion. Nowitski was unbelievable that series, but he definitely had help.

That is not the point, Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-06-17, 20:14

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Tyson Chandler too. Don't remember if Caron Butler was there too. That Mavs team was very talented. Lots of former All-Stars. They did have the highest payroll in the NBA that year. Miami was 2nd lowest. Don't think he was saying a team has never made it without having 2 All-Stars, I think he was saying a team has never made it when they were missing two of their All-Stars anyway. Lebron definitely fell apart in those finals though. Honestly I thought he just ran out of gas. He was playing way too many minutes that year and was running around chasing guys like DRose and JTerry on D.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-17, 20:28

StylesGShmooth wrote:Don't think he was saying a team has never made it without having 2 All-Stars, I think he was saying a team has never made it when they were missing two of their All-Stars anyway.

This.... except they only missed 1 to get to the finals and Kyrie played great til he got hurt in the finals... and it's in the East
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-06-17, 20:40

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Don't think he was saying a team has never made it without having 2 All-Stars, I think he was saying a team has never made it when they were missing two of their All-Stars anyway.

This.... except they only missed 1 to get to the finals and Kyrie played great til he got hurt in the finals... and it's in the East

Kyrie barely played in the deciding game against the Bulls (6 pts) and only played in 2 games (sparingly) against the Hawks. After game 2 against the Bulls he only had one productive game. Game 1 in the finals he was playing well though.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-17, 21:05

StylesGShmooth wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Kyrie barely played in the deciding game against the Bulls (6 pts) and only played in 2 games (sparingly) against the Hawks. After game 2 against the Bulls he only had one productive game. Game 1 in the finals he was playing well though.

He averaged
23 pts and 4 assists against Boston
17 and 2 v Chicago (with the 6 and 0 in game 6)
13 and 5 in his two games against an ATL team that played awful

If i were him and LeBron said he was the only one to lead the team to the finals id tell him to fuck off. He missed 2 games up to the finals, against a team they swept, and had 23 pt - 6 ast - 4 steals before he got hurt game 1

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-06-17, 21:12

So, he did good in the 1st series. Had 1 decent game in the final 4 in the 2nd series. Was a total non-factor in the ECF and played 1 game in the Finals. He was a factor in one of the final 8 game in the Eastern plyoffs. JR Smith and Delladova can say that.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-17, 21:25

StylesGShmooth wrote:So, he did good in the 1st series. Had 1 decent game in the final 4 in the 2nd series. Was a total non-factor in the ECF and played 1 game in the Finals. He was a factor in one of the final 8 game in the Eastern plyoffs. JR Smith and Delladova can say that.

No they can't, it was all LeBron
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-06-17, 21:31

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:So, he did good in the 1st series. Had 1 decent game in the final 4 in the 2nd series. Was a total non-factor in the ECF and played 1 game in the Finals. He was a factor in one of the final 8 game in the Eastern plyoffs. JR Smith and Delladova can say that.

No they can't, it was all LeBron

Not saying it was all Lebron. I am saying Irving had little do with it. Lest than JR, Delly, Shump, Thomspson & Mozgov.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-17, 22:24

It WAS all Lebron. I am among his detractors here but he deserves credit for carrying them through the weak East and basically single-handedly keeping them in the series for the first 3 games. I think we pretty much all agree here that he's most likely the most physically gifted player that has ever played. 

The fact remains, though, that he has no concept of self deprecation or humility and says things that are off-putting to teammates, athletes, coaches and fans alike. 

But, if you're the man himself, STOP trying to take credit for taking the Cavs for the Finals in the absence of Kyrie and Love. You didn't win shit. That's all that matters to most. Say the right things. Let it burn inside. Use it for motivation the next time around.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5