Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonna be in East Lansing tomorrow

+19
steveschneider
The Pantry
Triple Sparty
Marc Summers
Herbie Green
Brock Middlebrook
WhiteBoyHatcher
xsanguine
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
HT
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Dr. Strangelove
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Gonna be in East Lansing tomorrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Gonna be in East Lansing tomorrow

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:14 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

that empty, gutted carcass of what once was a Taco Bell is actually much more aesthetically pleasing than that trash fire of a art museum almost direct across from it.

If that fucking building were up north we'd make good use of it, looks like a fine location for a gun shop.
I could open a bible store right next door and sell confederate flags. Nothing could possibly stop our glorious ascension to wealth and prosperity then.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Gonna be in East Lansing tomorrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Gonna be in East Lansing tomorrow

Post by NigelUno Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:40 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
If that fucking building were up north we'd make good use of it, looks like a fine location for a gun shop.
I could open a bible store right next door and sell confederate flags. Nothing could possibly stop our glorious ascension to wealth and prosperity then.

How is that Moosejaw place still open?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:52 am

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I could open a bible store right next door and sell confederate flags. Nothing could possibly stop our glorious ascension to wealth and prosperity then.

yep.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

yep.

Not...is it still open...how is it still open?

What do they sell? Camping stuff?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:32 am

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep.

I think so.. I don't think I've ever been in there.

I suspect their profit margins are due primarily to the inexplicable popularity of The North Face jackets within the white suburban demographic.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:35 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I suspect their profit margins are due primarily to the inexplicable popularity of The North Face jackets within the white suburban demographic.

Do all the Chinese kids like The North Face?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:38 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What do they sell?  Camping stuff?

It's not their only location. Maybe the other locations subsidize the EL store.
http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/content_find-a-shop____

Moosejaw, In Flight, and FBC were the only things familiar when I cruised Grand River on Streep Maps yesterday.

Edit: Campus Corner, Peanut Barrel, Charlie Kangs, and the bookstores, too. Still only a small percentage.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's their only location.

Maybe the other locations subsidize the EL store.

Moosejaw, In Flight, and FBC were the only things familiar when I cruised Grand River on Streep Maps yesterday.
In Flight is gone.. turning into some sort of fudge shop.. (and I don't mean a hangout for the local priests)..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It's their only location.

Maybe the other locations subsidize the EL store.

In Flight is gone.. turning into some sort of fudge shop.. (and I don't mean a hangout for the local priests)..

Street Maps is from 2011 so it is outdated. In Flight had been there for a long time. Sad to see a local business go in favor of diabetes.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:49 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:In Flight is gone.. turning into some sort of fudge shop.. (and I don't mean a hangout for the local priests)..

Streep Maps is from 2011 so it is outdated. In Flight had been there for a long time. Sad to see a local business go in favor of diabetes.
yeah - went from catering to the Trustafarians to those in a panicked search for diabeetis.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 am

Sweet Loraine's Mac N Cheese? What is that all about?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:21 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:that empty, gutted carcass of what once was a Taco Bell is actually much more aesthetically pleasing than that trash fire of a art museum almost direct across from it.

I prefer to think of that "building" as crashed alien spaceship. It's about the only way you can justify it as fitting in on campus. Unless of course they threw it into an empty field out past the Com Arts building.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:27 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that empty, gutted carcass of what once was a Taco Bell is actually much more aesthetically pleasing than that trash fire of a art museum almost direct across from it.

I prefer to think of that "building" as crashed alien spaceship. It's about the only way you can justify it as fitting in on campus. Unless of course they threw it into an empty field out past the Com Arts building.
you just made all of the East Lansing highbrow intellectual elites look at you with a glare of seething condescension.

that said, I've always thought that it sort of looks like a metal cruise ship run aground by a drunken captain who, upon steering the nickel-plated eyesore off of Grand River Avenue, proceeded across the street to meet his "limit two" of Long Island's at The Peanut Barrel.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:29 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I prefer to think of that "building" as crashed alien spaceship. It's about the only way you can justify it as fitting in on campus. Unless of course they threw it into an empty field out past the Com Arts building.
You're acting like MSU has some grand bunch of buildings all done in the same style. The campus is filled with ugly crap like the Student Services and Admin buildings. At least the modern art museum looks like a modern art museum unlike other crap on campus.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:34 am

Giant Moose wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:I prefer to think of that "building" as crashed alien spaceship. It's about the only way you can justify it as fitting in on campus. Unless of course they threw it into an empty field out past the Com Arts building.
You're acting like MSU has some grand bunch of buildings all done in the same style. The campus is filled with ugly crap like the Student Services and Admin buildings. At least the modern art museum looks like a modern art museum unlike other crap on campus.
maybe we could punish the one fine young man who was accused of road rage by making him stand in front of the Broad museum holding a sign that says "I designed this".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:42 am

Giant Moose wrote:

Sure there's some crap architecture but where they stuck that thing it sticks out like sore thumb. But hey what Eli wants.....Eli gets
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:08 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep.

Hipsters get their hippie hammocks there
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as far as traditional bars go, the best are in Lansing.. Stobers, Arts, The Unicorn, Leroys, Dagwoods...

as far as EL joints go - we know what's there.. hard to beat PB but that's coming from a upper 40's local who has never stepped foot in The Riv or the Landshark or any of the other places that pharmaceutical companies and makers of antibiotics dream of.

You're forgetting Corner Bar...is that place still around?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:35 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:as far as traditional bars go, the best are in Lansing.. Stobers, Arts, The Unicorn, Leroys, Dagwoods...

as far as EL joints go - we know what's there.. hard to beat PB but that's coming from a upper 40's local who has never stepped foot in The Riv or the Landshark or any of the other places that pharmaceutical companies and makers of antibiotics dream of.

by Shiawassee and Cedar/Larch? If it's the same place I'm thinking of, it's long gone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

?
When did this happen?

Gonna be in East Lansing tomorrow - Page 4 B9316892585Z.1_20150408122831_000_GKQAEJG3C.1-0

Do the cookies cause or cure insomnia?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Cym Jim wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:
When did this happen?

Gonna be in East Lansing tomorrow - Page 4 B9316892585Z.1_20150408122831_000_GKQAEJG3C.1-0

Do the cookies cause or cure insomnia?
they cause diabeetis... which can lead to sleep difficulties.

So I'm guessing they cause insomnia. Gonna be in East Lansing tomorrow - Page 4 2599972566

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

by Shiawassee and Cedar/Larch? If it's the same place I'm thinking of, it's long gone.

That's the place.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:51 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:by Shiawassee and Cedar/Larch? If it's the same place I'm thinking of, it's long gone.

That's the place.
been gone a while, I think. I went there exactly once. I remember thinking it was weird that they sold green beans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

That's the place.
been gone a while, I think. I went there exactly once. I remember thinking it was weird that they sold green beans.

Cooked or raw?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:32 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:been gone a while, I think. I went there exactly once. I remember thinking it was weird that they sold green beans.

Cooked or raw?
pretty sure they cooked them first.. maybe not, though. I didn't order them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4