Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

+16
The_Dude
DWags
Nordic
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
The Ingenious Gentleman
HT
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
Herbie Green
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Blanch32
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 Empty Re: Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-28, 05:05

Eleven Warriors chimes in....

CUPP SITUATION IS UNFORTUNATE SIDE OF RECRUITING

Friday night I wrote about the possibility that Leipsic, Ohio's Gavin Cupp's scholarship offer and standing with Michigan State being in jeopardy because of his decision to attend and perform at Friday Night Lights with the Buckeyes. That (unfortunately for Cupp) ended up being the case and went viral on Eleven Warriors and everywhere else on Saturday.

Cupp wasn't the only Michigan State commitment in attendance, but he – unlike Justin Layne and Jonah Morris – worked out for the Buckeyes to try and earn an offer, which is unlikely to happen.  From the Michigan State side of things, the talk about pulling Cupp's offer centers on him making the trip to Ohio State without advising the Spartans' staff first, or doing it without their consent. On our FNL visitors' list, Cupp was added on July 21st, so how Michigan State missed him making the trip I can't be sure.

Cupp made the decision to camp with the Buckeyes, Michigan State made the decision quickly thereafter to move on and offered a scholarship to another 2016 Ohio lineman – Powell's AJ Arcuri – and that was it. Arcuri committed to Michigan State today and Cupp, a victim of the cruel nature of the recruiting business, is left in the cold.

The hypocrisy from Michigan State is of course staggering, but a reality of this game nonetheless. Demetric Vance, a safety commitment in the 2016 class, went to Florida and camped for the Gators and earned an offer from Jim McElwain's program. The Spartans certainly wouldn't have hesitated to add other players, or receive visits from players committed elsewhere; but when you're in charge, you make the rules. Cupp, for his part, told the Detroit Free Press he really didn't know much about what happened.

"I don't really have much more information on it than that, either," Cupp told the Free Press in a phone interview of MSU's decision to pull the offer.

Were Cupp a high four-star prospect or a five-star prospect, would the Spartans have taken such a hardline stance? I doubt it, but it's 2015 and this is recruiting and the game isn't the same for every player. It's wise to make sure you know exactly where you stand before taking other visits.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2015/07/56558/the-hurry-up-patrice-rene-update-cupp-situation-shows-ugly-side-of-recruiting
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 Empty Re: Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

Post by Guest 2015-07-28, 06:13

Concern trolling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-28, 06:50

LooseGoose wrote:Concern trolling.

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 502811600 but it's OK for Urbz to run players off for medical issues that really aren't.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-28, 06:54

"The hypocrisy from Michigan State is of course staggering"

The hypocrisy from OSU fans is staggering...your program is probably the sleaziest in the B1G yet they are the ones who criticize MSU and call us dirty.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 07:01

It's a damned near criminal MSU's recruiters didn't call the OSU recruiting staff to confirm Cupp's intentions about attending their recruiting extravaganza and then call / text Cupp and his parent's / legal guardians reminding them of the conditions they agreed to so Cupp would have a do over just in case OSU decided to pass on offering Cupp a scholarship.

Now Dantonio and staff have to hang their heads in shame as a buckeye web site says MSU showed hypocrisy by pulling a football scholarship from a player who had an MSU scholarship but was trying to earn one from OSU and giving that scholarship to another player from Ohio.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 07:07

Turtleneck wrote:Eleven Warriors chimes in....

CUPP SITUATION IS UNFORTUNATE SIDE OF RECRUITING

Friday night I wrote about the possibility that Leipsic, Ohio's Gavin Cupp's scholarship offer and standing with Michigan State being in jeopardy because of his decision to attend and perform at Friday Night Lights with the Buckeyes. That (unfortunately for Cupp) ended up being the case and went viral on Eleven Warriors and everywhere else on Saturday

The hypocrisy from Michigan State is of course staggering...............

Were Cupp a high four-star prospect or a five-star prospect, would the Spartans have taken such a hardline stance? I doubt it, ......

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2015/07/56558/the-hurry-up-patrice-rene-update-cupp-situation-shows-ugly-side-of-recruiting

Did anyone else know Blanch wrote for Eleven Warriors?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-28, 07:14

GRR Spartan wrote:

It's a damned near criminal MSU's recruiters didn't call the OSU recruiting staff to confirm Cupp's intentions about attending their recruiting extravaganza  and then call / text Cupp and his parent's / legal guardians reminding them of the conditions they agreed to so Cupp would have a do over just in case OSU decided to pass on offering Cupp a scholarship.

Now Dantonio and staff have to hang their heads in shame as a buckeye web site says MSU showed hypocrisy by pulling a football scholarship from a player who had an MSU scholarship but was trying to earn one from OSU and giving that scholarship to another player from Ohio.

Or that OSU would list him as attending when he hadn't said either way just to get MSU yo pull their offer and pressure the kid to be a preferred walk on.  I could see Sleazy Urban pulling shit like that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 07:41

InTenSity wrote:Whoever Acuri is, apparently he is taking Cupps* spot.

Boom toolioz!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 07:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Based on how quickly things moved, one could surmise that at least one or more of  MSU's recruiting staff of coordinator Brad Salem, OL Coach Staten and Curtis  Blackwell had already been aware of Cupp's activities leading up to his attendance at last Friday's recruiting event in Columbus. Once they had confirmation of Cupp being there and working out Cupp's main recruiter was told to call to rescind the offer.  Dantonio was ready to offer Arcuri.

I'm guessing at least a few staff members knew a helluva lot more about what Cupp was doing than Cupp thought they did and Arcuri's name was next on the list.

It was one 3* for another 3* so the premise by the OP doesn't work in this case.

Ummm...yes it does via timing alone. Man some of you are so dense
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 07:53

HT wrote:"The hypocrisy from Michigan State is of course staggering"

The hypocrisy from OSU fans is staggering...your program is probably the sleaziest in the B1G yet they are the ones who criticize MSU and call us dirty.

Slur grapes. 11warrior proves I'm one of the few rational minds on here
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 07:58

Blanch you are a 5* troll.

I swear you'd eat a shit sandwich so you could tell us about the great bread.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 07:59

Sorry Blanch, its wasn't supposed to be a double.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-07-28, 08:16; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-28, 08:05

Honestly I'm all for it either way. If you find a better player and say see ya to a recruit I'm cool with that or if you think the kid is being a flake about his commitment giving them the boot is fine with me as well.

I can't openly go out and interview with my companies competitor and expect to keep my job. This was a good lesson for Cupp. Best of luck to him in the future.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-28, 08:26

steveschneider wrote:Honestly I'm all for it either way. If you find a better player and say see ya to a recruit I'm cool with that or if you think the kid is being a flake about his commitment giving them the boot is fine with me as well.

I can't openly go out and interview with my companies competitor and expect to keep my job.  This was a good lesson for Cupp. Best of luck to him in the future.
And it sends an unmistakeable message to other recruits.   Mess with CoachD and you get the  hammer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-28, 08:26

All I know is Dantonio has their full attention. If you think this would even hit anyone's radar 6 years ago you're crazy. Now, a 3 star recruit at the end of a class seems to bug the shit out of them. We know why. Because he's a threat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-28, 08:44

Blanch32 wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Based on how quickly things moved, one could surmise that at least one or more of  MSU's recruiting staff of coordinator Brad Salem, OL Coach Staten and Curtis  Blackwell had already been aware of Cupp's activities leading up to his attendance at last Friday's recruiting event in Columbus.  Once they had confirmation of Cupp being there and working out Cupp's main recruiter was told to call to rescind the offer.  Dantonio was ready to offer Arcuri.

I'm guessing at least a few staff members knew a helluva lot more about what Cupp was doing than Cupp thought they did and Arcuri's name was next on the list.

It was one 3* for another 3* so the premise by the OP doesn't work in this case.  

Ummm...yes it does via timing  alone.  Man some of you are so dense

Except you never mentioned that in your original post.  As usual, troll thread, change the parameters, claim victory.  If this place is Neil Peart, you're our broken drum stick.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-28, 08:48

DWags wrote:All I know is Dantonio has their full attention. If you think this would even hit anyone's radar 6 years ago you're crazy. Now, a 3 star recruit at the end of a class seems to bug the shit out of them. We know why. Because he's a threat.

Put a smile on my face to see Eleven Warriors in attack mode.

Eleven Warrior trying to damage our reputation Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 1966794946 Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 1966794946 Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 09:09

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Honestly I'm all for it either way. If you find a better player and say see ya to a recruit I'm cool with that or if you think the kid is being a flake about his commitment giving them the boot is fine with me as well.

I can't openly go out and interview with my companies competitor and expect to keep my job.  This was a good lesson for Cupp. Best of luck to him in the future.
And it sends an unmistakeable message to other 3 star or less recruits.   Mess with CoachD and you get the  hammer.

Fifo
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 09:10

kingstonlake wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Ummm...yes it does via timing  alone.  Man some of you are so dense

Except you never mentioned that in your original post.  As usual, troll thread, change the parameters, claim victory.  If this place is Neil Peart, you're our broken drum stick.

I didn't need to change shit. Coaching staff already slotted his Scholls to someone else. Hell at least wait a week to keep it on the up.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-28, 09:25

Blanch32 wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I didn't need to change shit.  Coaching  staff already slotted  his Scholls to someone  else.  Hell at least wait a week to keep it on the up.

What would have been the title of your thread been if OSU offered the kid and Coach D had no back up plan to fill the scholarship and Arcuri took a different offer because you think coach D should have waited a week?  Just curious.  Fuckin paint chips man, theyre a bitch as kid, huh?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-28, 10:05

I don't get why we care this much about one particular player in football recruiting anyway. One player is not very likely to be the difference between a national championship or not.

If this was hoops, it'd be different. There have been lots of times where you see one player would have made a difference between a Final Four and a national championship for us.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-28, 10:08

Giant Moose wrote:I don't get why we care this much about one particular player in football recruiting anyway. One player is not very likely to be the difference between a national championship or not.

If this was hoops, it'd be different. There have been lots of times where you see one player would have made a difference between a Final Four and a national championship for us.

Swanigan :(
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-28, 10:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I don't get why we care this much about one particular player in football recruiting anyway. One player is not very likely to be the difference between a national championship or not.

Byrd :(
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-28, 10:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Byrd :(
Sampson :-(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-07-28, 12:22

Cant wait to beat the fuckeyes this year
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 12:36

The biggest reason is for the first time that I can remember MSU has the majority of the players committed before the first day of fall practice. Part of that is due to the change in football recruiting.

A decade ago even the teams who'd finished as a Top Ten team the previous season might have 25% of their incoming class verbal in camp but many of the best players never gave a verbal until after they took their 5 visits that concluded after the holiday break of their senior year. Coaches were afraid early commits would tank their senior season knowing they had an offer locked up.

Now many schools have a handful of players enrolling in January and some are giving verbals before they have played a down of their junior HS season.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 12:38

kingstonlake wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I didn't need to change shit.  Coaching  staff already slotted  his Scholls to someone  else.  Hell at least wait a week to keep it on the up.

What would have been the title of your thread been if OSU offered the kid and Coach D had no back up plan to fill the scholarship and Arcuri took a different offer because you think coach D should have waited a week?  Just curious.  Fuckin paint chips man, theyre a bitch as kid, huh?

I would have said nothing. Kids can't sign until Feb so I don't give a shot either way. This are still kids after all
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 12:39

They care bc they somehow feel dantonio is morally superior to other college football coaches and get panties tied when I point out the obvious hypocrisy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-28, 12:42

SpartanRocky had locked the Cupp thread on tRCMB but it just got unlocked with an update by Sean Scherer.

Rocky looking like a control freak yet again that even 247 staff overrules him. Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 1494614055

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Michigan-States-Staff-Pulls-Cupps-Scholarship-38396298?Page=26
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-28, 12:50

Giant Moose wrote:SpartanRocky had locked the Cupp thread on tRCMB but it just got unlocked with an update by Sean Scherer.

Rocky looking like a control freak yet again that even 247 staff overrules him. Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 1494614055

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Michigan-States-Staff-Pulls-Cupps-Scholarship-38396298?Page=26
I saw no less than 4 locked threads on the front page. Although Trevor posted something today, so he must be exerting his power before disappearing for another 6 weeks. Probably saw his own shadow.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-28, 12:50

Blanch32 wrote:

They care bc they somehow feel dantonio is morally superior to other college football coaches and get panties tied when I point out the obvious hypocrisy
You win, we need to fire Dantonio and disband the football team.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 13:02

InTenSity wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Strawman. Just GRR and what happened when his daughter lost a Scholls to MSU bc she visited central with a friends family
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 13:06

Giant Moose wrote:SpartanRocky had locked the Cupp thread on tRCMB but it just got unlocked with an update by Sean Scherer.

He had to Trevor threatened to shut down the entire board for good!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-28, 13:12

The_Dude wrote:Cant wait to beat the fuckeyes this year

You guys have played them tough recently. Plus you got them in Ann Arbor this year.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 13:18

Blanch32 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Strawman. Just GRR and what happened when his daughter lost a Scholls to MSU bc she visited central with a friends family

Damn Blanch that's a helluva a lie. CMU has never been in the picture or even visited by either of my kids. One attends MSU and the other got a degree that has never been offered at either school.

Take another bite of that sandwich
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-28, 13:50

I don't follow recruiting that closely but does this kind of shit go on in the SEC?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-28, 14:25

Blanch32 wrote:

He had to Trevor threatened to shut down the entire board for good!
Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 2 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-28, 14:27

Rocky getting angry now:

SpartanRocky said...
To whomever unlocked this thread, please do not do so again.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Michigan-States-Staff-Pulls-Cupps-Scholarship-38396298?Page=27
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 14:39

GRR Spartan wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Damn Blanch that's a helluva a lie. CMU has never been in the picture or even visited by either of my kids. One attends MSU and the other got a degree that has never been offered at either school.

Take another bite of that sandwich

Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-28, 14:39

this is really great news, I'm glad to hear it.. really gets me excited about football season.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next